"This is my last incarnation"

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Feb 19, 2006.

?

"This is my last incarnation"

1. This is my last incarnation

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I will be reincarnating in the future

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. I don't believe in "last incarnations"

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I do believe in "last incarnations"

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fortune's Fool

Fortune's Fool Registered User

I just have a gut instinct that I'm going to do something important for others in this life; but I don't think it's the last time. "Promises to keep, and many miles to go before I sleep"...that's what I feel about this life in particular, and about things beyond it.

I do think there's a point at which we can stop incarnating. But I also think it's a choice. Some people who are "in the clear" could choose to come back in order to help others. Or just to enjoy the spice of life. ;)

2. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

I was told that this could be my last incarnation. I probably wouldn't have had to live so many lives in this century if I hadn't committed suicide in one life in the early 1900's. My present life has been very difficult but if I manage to get through without committing suicide, I'll probably not have to return. At times when I feel I can't deal with life and want to end it, it's this thought that keeps me going. ;)

3. DIDI

DIDI Diana

Last Reincarnation???

No Way,i make too much mistakes to believe this could be my last reincarnation here...ill probably come in future many times again...and again...lol: angel :tongue: :eek:

4. JustinR

JustinR Senior Registered

Hmmm... I red this and was thinking the same thing about me, lol. I'm a mistake maker, lol.

However, I don't see this as a bad thing for me, coming back many, many times again.

I've got a lot to learn, a lot to asimilate within me. Plus, I'm gonna try and make each of my many lives as fun as possible. Well, with all this work, we're entitled to have fun at the same time ;)

5. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

Hi DIDI

Hi DIDI, thank you for your comment. I appreciate Christianity, but also Judaism and Islam.

There are Christian Reincarnationists (I wish I could name some of their books :( ...) and Christian Spiritualists, but also "believers" that reject Christianity. Basicly, I believe Christianity is a powerful and convenient mythical system that happened to include people who had been influential in previous lives and subsequent lives.:cool I hope this isn't thought to be divisive.

I enjoy seeing your comments!

Actually, I had a vision of two more lives...but philosophically, I tend to think I would have more, but who knows???:confused:

6. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

Karmic Relationships: Healing Invisible Wounds

http://www.karmicrelationships.com/aboutcharles.html

I have checked his book out a couple of times from the library, but have been unable to read it for some reason. I love the title, however!

Karmic Relationships: Healing Invisible Wounds

Also, thank you for pointing out what I have missed!

7. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

I voted I will be reincarnating in the future. ;)
    I often catch myself planning my next lifes...:rolleyes: :D

8. Modaki

Modaki New Member

I get the feeling that I am half way there. I don't feel like I'm almost done, but yet I don't feel as if I have a ton of lives ahead of me. Maybe just about 6 or 7 more? I'm not sure.: angel

I do believe we stop, eventually, but I could be wrong.

9. dark rosaleen

dark rosaleen Senior Registered

I'll have to go through a few more lives before it's time to stop. I will know my last reincarnation when I no longer have any desire either to reincarnate or be done with it.

10. Justin Smith

Justin Smith New Member

Dream of a future life

I always thought this was my last life, but had a vivid dream about 12 years ago that claimed to show a future life. It was very vivid and intense (one of those odd dreams in which years seem to pass), and I wound up writing the whole thing into my first novel, The Mills of God.

The dream began with me saying "I was twelve when I realized I was a ghost."
    I thought that would be a great first line for a novel (but the publisher disagreed...)

Mills will be published soon --- at least, I just completed the page-proofs for it and fought with my editor :D , who wanted to replace the line "We'll jump out windows." with "We'll defenestrate ourselves.":eek:

I also wrote a sequel, Angels Twice Descending, which was not based on a dream and much harder to write (i.e., it wasn't handed to me on a silver platter).

11. TemperanceAngel

TemperanceAngel New Member

I thought this may be my last incarnation, but I don't think so.
    My intention is that my next life will be and then I will work from the Spirit World instead of Human World.

12. kathyann

kathyann New Member

I agree with aaron......

I do believe we keep going, really, hundreds and hundreds of years. and our future lives get better and better, cause we are learning and learning to perfect our souls, so each time we incanate, we are really learning all good stuff, like love, being the best we could ever be, sharing, giving, etc, it only can get better! love to all of you, kathy

13. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Oh, I am definitely coming back. :D I am not done yet! I feel like I have learned a lot in this life, but I feel that there is still much more to experience.

Ailish

14. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I think my journey has been a long one with many identities and responsibilities. I'm not so sure that the cycle ever ends. It's as much being a teacher as it is being a student. Old souls sharing their knowledge with newer souls, gaining enthusiasm to continue and discover more. That's what I sense, my proof is that I'm still here, still asking.

John

15. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I don´t think this is my last incarnation because i believe that in the lasts incarnations we feel one with the universe, we´re expanded and in complete peace. That´s far from what i feel now.

16. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Personally, I think it's wrong to look at some far off goal, which is akin to a carnival prize we'll win once we finish reincarnating. Our goal may be as simple as sharing our spiritual love with others so that they can continue to grow and evolve. Just maybe we are each other's plant/soul food. And as for everyone who has mentioned how many mistakes they have made . . . take heart, the only way we learn is from our mistakes. I also wonder if some of us who have evolved to a certain point might not spend time as Spiritual Guides, then reincarnate again, and share our new found wisdom and knowledge with other souls. Why blindly accept what some self-proclaimed modern day prophet tells us in their latest best seller? I tend to search inward for my answers, and trust my heart/soul more than some of these New Age Gurus.

John

17. petercalvert

petercalvert Senior Registered

Surveys are good

Hi Deborah & friends,
    I think polling of the probably convinced is useful to elicit subtleties of belief. This is a highly preselected population so any result cannot be generalised at all, but the results are interesting nonetheless, at least to me.
    I now feel distinctly distrustful of anyone's claim they are on their last incarnation, as it is so usable a claim to specialness of some form, and I have only heard it stated by those who are recruiting fee-paying followers or course applicants.
    My own belief that I will return once more is based on a meditational conversation with a future aspect of myself located in Russia as a farmer, concerned with crops and weather. I had a sense that what could be known about that was confined by decisions yet to be made. Afterwards, I could not understand why the location could possibly be attractive, but much later learned of the distinction between European/Catholic-influenced belief patterns and Eastern (Greek/Russion)-Orthodox belief patterns. I can now imagine that to grow up in a culture in which new revelation has always been admitted could seem attractive in comparison to this doubt-ridden culture. But presumably there would be other factors less attractive as well. But I know nothing personally beyond that intuition.

18. Wulfie

Wulfie Dreamer

Boy, I have a hard time with these polls. For some reason my I always see them as being geared toward locking you down in some either/or fashion. And it just seems to me that they all come from this place of western, christian, or scientific mind frame that I don't seem to have. There should be a box where we can check off 'Other', "None of the Above", or "All of the Above". lol

When I see the word incarnation here, should I assume that it means 'in body' and that in body means in an earthly, physical one? I'll go with that for the purposes of answering.

Yup, I think we can have last incarnations and that that depends on a great many variables. :laugh:

Wulfie

19. saber

saber Senior Registered

Last Incarnation

I really don't want to debate whether or not if one believes in a final incarnation. To me, you will know the answer to that when it is time.

It is my feeling that this is my final incarnation. I am very diligent in this lifetime and feel a huge sense of achieving my purpose.

Even in the beginning when I first began to believe in reincarnation, before even knowing the beliefs and options of beliefs my immediate feeling was that I was living my last incarnation.

I have this deep yearning of wanting to be sure that all is achieved that I set out to. A deep feeling of a "time clock" is ticking. And that this time I must and will get it right. My sub-conscious mind is very aware of this at all times.

It is hard to explain and only those who feel this can probably be the only ones that truly understand it.

It is like my sub-conscious mind won't let me forget it. And there is a strong sense of wanting to complete things that I am suppose to complete to achieve my goals. This drive pushes and drives me to go over and beyond.

Peace,

Saber

20. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I voted that I will be reincarnating in the future, but I would really prefer the, "I haven't got a clue" option. However, I figure I still have a lot of soul work to do, so I figure I'll be coming back.