"This is my last incarnation"

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Deborah, Feb 19, 2006.

?

"This is my last incarnation"

1. This is my last incarnation

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I will be reincarnating in the future

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. I don't believe in "last incarnations"

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I do believe in "last incarnations"

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

That must be pretty wonderful!

I have to be honest though, I like all of the fascinating things that come along with being a flawed spirit here on Earth. I don't know if I'm ready yet for the waters to settle and have everything be love, peace, and calm.

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I don't believe there is an end. Some of us are having too much fun while others look at their past lives and say "Wait. Let me try that again." Anyone who doesn't get back on the floor in our knowable lifetimes is probably just sitting out a dance or two and will be back later.

3. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

No way I'm done...I enjoy it too much to call it quits, and I feel I've got a vested interest in seeing what happens and what is to come of it all...my soul enjoys the stage play and seeks more and more opportunity to act in "reality theatre".

4. firebird

firebird Registered User

I feel quite the opposite >> No way, I'm done!

Life does not feel like exciting theatre to me - more like chaos and control in the hands of a few. Theatre, for me, is where the actors have a prepared script and are fully conscious of being on a stage from the get go, and know there's an audience. Life, to me, is more like the ending of the Truman Show movie, where he has woken up and realises it was all a load of cow patties. LOL

I think a lot of people live life like the naive Truman - i.e. totally or mostly oblivious to the reality of those in power taking the mickey out of them .... with lots of distractions placed in their path and duly accepted as "normal" - the adulation of money/possessions, and drugs and alcohol etc. - so their eyes are shifted so far away from the things that ARE reality and that really matter. And, as no man is an island, souls get caught up, unwittingly often, in the machinations of others. Life seems like playing a game where the goal posts are shifted by some outside authority during mid-match (fair?), or like working on a stage where other actors just willy nilly decide to change their script in the middle of an act and you're left with no choice but to throw your own script away and wing the rest of it.

5. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I know what you are saying, firebird, and I respect your perspective. I just see things all as opportunities and choices and the way we deal with them is either in the script or not, but whichever it is, we choose a path and play our role. And besides, the real fun comes in testing our improvisational skills, so what difference does it make if they move the goal posts? It is also my belief that at some point, we have all been those beings moving the goal posts!

I loved "The Truman Show"...and your view of him as a parallel to our reality is wonderfully stated. "So, if I don't see you, have a good day, a good afternoon and a good night!" Cow patties and all!

6. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Or maybe some of us are just more optimistic about the big picture. I feel like at some point I was given the choice to dance or not and I chose to dance. I am far from powerful or influential in the world, but at my level of existence I see the tides of history and bodies of power like the waves of the ocean. You can fight them or ride them. Yeah, the goalposts get moved, and as usetawuz says, sometimes we move them ourselves.

But it's easy, from the perspective of a mortal body, to limit our perspective to just the good or the bad with only a sprinkling of the other. The truth rests on the other side of the veil, and we'll get there soon enough.

7. Memeli11

Memeli11 New Member

Wanna ask. We incarnated as rock, tree and animal. Is being human is the last part of reincarnation? When we learnt everything as human, reincarnation ends ?

8. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I thought new members might like to vote on this one and offer some insight?

9. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

While I do believe in "last incarnations" I do not know if this is something I will ever experience. I have a strong desire to help and guide people and have held many leadership positions in the past to this effect. I cannot imagine ceasing to reincarnate as long as there are people left behind here. My spiritual journey is far from complete, but if I do reach some requirement which allows for no more returns, I doubt I would be able to accept. If there is someone that I can help down the path, then it will always be my duty to do so.

10. Cat1965

Cat1965 Senior Registered

i am nearing the end...but not quite there.

11. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

There are phases when I do not wish to return (not that I would have a choice yet). Then again, when I am feeling better, I also feel more compassionate and less dependent on external events. It is then when life doesn't seem to be so bad after all, when I think that given the choice, I would return not only to enjoy all the good things of life (like watching a sunrise, music...) but also to help others.
    Should I ever reach a point where I have a choice, it is very likely that at this point I will choose to return willingly.
    But who knows what our decisions will be on soul level? Trying to catch with our human brains what is beyond limited human thought can be no more than mere speculation.