This was an epithinany

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by HunterSS, May 18, 2017.

1. HunterSS

HunterSS New Member

North Carolina very near Lincoln Academy.
    I work at a medium sized hospital. One night while at work, have been on night shift for 15 years, we had an empty room up on one of the floors that had a call bell light continuing to keep going off. Needless to say, the room was empty. The light would come on outside above the door and the phone/ call bell would ring. Each time a tec would go in, turn it off and return. This repeated several times. I was joking around because the girls were getting a little freaked out. I said let me see if the lines are all tight into the wall, basically looking for a rational explanation. A nurse and myself went into the room together, she behind me. As a jest, I spoke part of a latin prayer starting with Christ the Lord in Latin. Then something happened that I will never forget in my life. The room was dark and unlit except from the hallway light outside the room. I suddenly and unexpectedly heard a loud, distinct and quite clear....stern noise go....SSHHHHH!!! I stopped in my tracks wheeled around and saw the wide eyes of the nurse behind me. She immediately said "did you do that?" I told her no....was that you, evern though I knew with that deep sound so very close it seemed to be coming from all around that it was not her. We turned off the call bell and left the room. The call bell never went on again the reat of that shift. We told everyone who had been at the nursing desk what had happened. Some looked surprised, some anxious and others looked unconvinced and thought we made it up. I can tell you in all sincerity that where once I entertained the possibility of things like this happening.......I now know. No ifs, ands or buts. That voice was not made by a physical person or inanimate object. I believe it was a spirit. Kind or malicious I will never know. But using that Latin prayer, made it pay attention, made it want me to stop and be quiet. This my friends honestly happened....and it happened to me. Never tell me there isn't more out there we don't know about. Who can tell which stories I've heard have been real I now ponder...???!!!

2. KenJ

KenJ Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I find it frustrating to have those things happen and feeling constrained by the fear of some type of retribution or being shunned by others. It brings about an unwelcome "division" and you wonder how to proceed. Yep, been there. Hang in there, know what you know and let the skeptics do what they need to do.

HunterSS likes this.
  3. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member