This world has gone mad!

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by briski, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I remember once talking to my friend about his disabled cousin. He was confined to a wheelchair and couldn't even speak. My friend wondered why a God would allow such a thing to happen to a soul. I pointed out that maybe his soul has endured such a life to teach other souls unconditional love so perhaps he isn't a disabled victim of a cruel world, maybe in reality he is a hero, giving to others selflessly.

Just my take on why some innocents might suffer.

tanker and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Wow, Jim... I really hope that this is true. That we are here to learn unconditional love, forgiveness and such.

Jim78 likes this.
  3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Well, since the last time I was here this thread has just gotten more depressing. I'm not being critical or anything, but I thought this would be a good antidote (and it definitely fits in with the theme of the thread):

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Well, maybe not an antidote, but gallows humor is always in order on a thread like this.

Ritter likes this.
  4. There and back again

There and back again Senior Member

The things and experiences so far in this life are basically pointing towards that for many people my age it is not worth it all unless by some plan or happenstance things are to work out individually. Doesn't help that I had to deal with a suicide in my family that left six kids to grow up fatherless after his x decided to frame him for child rape so she could collect on a state fund, my grandmother was devastated and was never the same since. For me personally finding a good match would be harder than trying to win the lottery.

5. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

Now that made me laugh. :)