Time gap?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kenz1010, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

I’ve just recently been pondering some things, and would like to hear others thoughts & or experiences on the topic.

Do you think the reason some people’s PL experiences aren’t as fresh in their minds, might be because of a time gap? In my case, I think this may be part of the reason why all of this had been left dormant for so long, maybe because of a large time period between my last life and my current one.
    Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts or opinions, please share.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Super Moderator

Possibly.. it could also be because you didn't want to allow yourself to access those memories too. There's been evidence that people don't want to be either burdened by or have access to them in this life, so that they can live this one distraction free, with a clean slate or just to focus on the lesson to be learned.

I stopped looking for past lives a while ago after receiving the same message of "you don't need to worry about that right now" over and over.

3. Kenz1010

As in the subconscious mind not wanting to bring those memories to the surface?

4. Totoro

Essentially, yes, but the reasons may vary from person to person. it's sometimes called a block, the veil and other things. If my own case is an example, I was only able to see the last two past lives, which had the most influence on my current. To heal and accomplish what I needed to in this life, I guess that's all I needed to know.. I think in general that's how it works.

I also didn't know about them until a certain point in time too. If you or anyone else hasn't learned anything about your past lives, it may be possible that you haven't reached the point where the information will become relevant to you also.

BenjaminFR likes this.
  5. Kenz1010

Well my memories are resurfacing quite rapidly now, maybe that “mental block” has disappeared. I kind of want it back.

Ritter likes this.
  6. Blue Gryphon

Blue Gryphon Member

Or maybe because our past lives are so often just... Boring? I discovered that my three previous lifes had to be indeed very common. Nowadays we are bombed with informations from all over the sides and our mind is used to more challenging images. So, common life of just common people seems to be less important for our brains to remember than contemporary issues.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Kenz1010 likes this.
  7. Ritter

Ritter Senior Registered

I have this idea that it depends on how well one is connected to the higher self. If one believes in such things. At first it was a bit like a brick wall, but once I had made a hole in it, it was easy and clear. It has fundamentally changed me and I am again essentially the same person that I was in times past. Not all the memrories, but I keep remembering things almost daily. Or do something I didn't know I could, know something I did not know I did, or have changed an opinion on something, feel this or that way about something I did not know I cared about and so forth. After about ten regressions (and a lot of meditation, daily) over the years, I hardly need them anymore. The barrier/veil either is not there anymore, or it is as nonexistent as it will get.

The passage of time may have something to do with it. But my first life was a pretty clear regression. Then again, most people remember their childhood better than their grindingly tiresome working years. My last life is the one I remember by far the clearest, though. By no means a perfect recollection, but sort of like remembering bits and pieces of yesterday when you have been drinking heavily. And yeah, I was once 20 and did stupid things like that. :) Anyway. I have a very easy time identifying with myself in my last life. It is harder to return to the super-Catholic/chivalrous mindset of medieval Spain. I was there too. But it is a very long time ago and while I am the same person, I have changed a lot over the course of many lives.

But yeah, Kenz. I believe you are on to something. What I just said, does it resonate with what you meant?

Kenz1010 likes this.
  8. Kenz1010

About to reply to you in a PM.

9. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I have another theory myself.

There seem to be some common themes in my most recent lives in the last 300 years. I am busy making a timeline. Those lives did take place in many European countries. It’s like I have been exploring a theme from many perspectives. My last life seems to have been everything opposed to what I had experienced before, including gender. Maybe this current life is my conscious life in which I connect all the dots, close this cycle and move on to next level.

This means: new themes, new location for the next few hunderd years.

... because I wondered if this has happened before. I just ‘know’ I’ve roamed around Mongolia and China for quite some time. Same with India. India is ‘home’ as well.
    Meso-America feels like there is still a kind of umbilical cord present.

So I came to this theory that it’s easy to remember most recent lives (at least in my case) because they form a cluster of lives that are related to each other by themes (and people). After gaining enough knowledge about a problem or a question, you just close this chapter. Your conclusions will be carried with you as a kind of innate wisdom. Your next cluster of lives won’t have much connection to the prior cluster, so that’s the reason they don’t show up easily (no active triggers anymore).

Maybe it’s just a characteristic to my type of soul. I know where I came from and I have no knowledge of what other possabilities are.

Kenz1010 likes this.
  10. Kenz1010

Interesting theory! I guess there’s probably many different factors.

11. Kenz1010

I think it’d be nice to recall memories of ordinary daily life, nothing too stressful.

12. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Registered

Dear Kenz1010,

I speak from personal experience, but I think that you are currently going through the "hard" part of accessing previous, buried memories. I do not wish to speculate on what you are going through right now, but it seems that you are now confronted to mostly traumatic memories. In the healing process, this is probably the hardest thing to handle. That being said, and I speak only from my personal experience, there is something else to be remembered, past the traumas. Once you will have reached the point where these traumatic events and memories have found their rightful place in your Life experience, you will realize that there was much more than just pain and suffering in your previous lives. You will one day realize that you are also granted to remember all the little notes that made the tune of your previous existence, some happy, some random, some even funny.

I would describe this as if you recently opened a door to your previous incarnation's memories, and currently you only hear the loudest sounds. Once these will fall into place, you will realize (I'm sure!) that there is a lot more for you to access and find comfort in.

13. Kenz1010

Hi Benjamin,
    Thanks for the message. I’m in a very dark place mentally. My personality has changed so much since this, and I really dislike how I’ve become. I won’t get too much into it, but I hope you’re right. Like you said, probably just in the “hard” stage, and in time it’ll hopefully resolve itself.

14. Totoro

I think it took me a good 6 or 7 months to get through my "hard" stage. I had a very traumatic end to my life and you would have thought that learning about it would have made a light go off and you'd say "oh, that makes sense" and everything would go back to normal, but it's not that simple at all.

I think partly it's processing all of that pain and those experiences, it's having to wake up to and realign yourself, knowing you had a past life, re-centering yourself in who you are now and honestly, I think a lot of it is progressing through the grieving process.

I think that overall, it just takes time. You need to have faith and trust the process that if you accept how you feel, you will process it and it will eventually fade.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    fireflydancing and Kenz1010 like this.
  15. BenjaminFR

BenjaminFR Senior Registered

Oh yeah it’s just so raw, it’s impossible to grasp if you haven’t experienced it. My family members (since I was vocal about it) couldn’t just comprehend. In my case of remembering a death in battle, my father who was officer in the french army could understand what war was like and gave me a lot of support.

But yeah it fades away, it falls into place and finds itself a quiet spot in our life. It’s there but it doesn’t prevents other good things from happening. But even after some years I am still surprised by how clear it can be, when a trigger brings you back to these memories.

tanker and Ritter like this.
  16. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

I believe that there is a reason that we forget previous existences: so that we may have an entirely new experience without being consciously predisposed to think or act certain ways. Granted, past life experiences affect us on a subconscious level, but to consciously have all of that information from the beginning--would not everyone just act as though their previous life had not ended?

I think we only remember what is most relevant when we are ready for it. My personal experience leads me to believe it is not just forgetfulness caused by a time gap, as Kenz1010 suggested, since I have many vivid memories from the Middle Ages and before, but less than five seconds of memory within the last five centuries (excluding this lifetime, of course). I also wonder if there might be a level of spiritual attunement required, as Ritter suggested, but do not have anything to say on the matter.

KenJ and Kenz1010 like this.
  17. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

I don't know what phase I'm in after a long lifetime of remembering. It seemed pretty clear before I joined the forum. Now reading about so many other people's experiences it feels as if I don't have time to sort out my own any more, and it actually feels more of a struggle than it did before.

Certainly it intrudes into everyday life most of the time, and it's increasingly difficult to stay in the present. Whether that's good or bad I wouldn't know. I tend not to say a lot about my own things, and although I remember a lot, both good and bad, I simply have no idea what to do next with it all. I feel as if I'm disappearing in all this. I don't even know if I should be looking for answers. There's hardly anyone who really shares my particular past.

Benjamin, does it really fade away and fall into place and find a quiet spot as you say? It certainly doesn't with me. Am I doing something wrong, after all this time?

Spirit Sword likes this.
  18. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Tanker, I'd suggest that you type it out in a word-processor program and add to it as things come to you, it is both therapeutic and could lead to something worthy of publication or at least helping someone else. I can't imagine any pereson's ego allowing the past memories overcome it beyond moments when the memories is re-lived.

19. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

Thanks, Ken. I did that last year. I have no problem helping someone else.

20. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Here's my 2 cents:

Not only subconsciously, but consciously I have pushed my last life during Vietnam War away. Still do it to this day. Don't want to know anything about Vietnam, or that era, or anything to do with Terry -- even looking at videos of Vietnam can trigger uncontrolled aggression and pain in me. It still came through subconsciously despite that. When I was 26, I reached a point where I couldn't continue with my life without looking at the pain. Don't ask me why that is. I remember sitting and contemplating my marriage, life and my innate unhappiness and asking myself -- what am I doing with my life? Where do I go from here? Could not see a future with me growing old. That was followed by the intense feeling that I had to find 'myself'. By myself here I'm talking partially about Terry.

I'd had what appeared like past life memories prior to Terry, prior to finding him, mostly in dreams. It was nothing like what happened with Terry. My past life memories of other lives are most likely nothing like the reality of the lives. With Terry, I went back in time, the memories were flashbacks. I wasn't just being shown Terry's life, I was reliving aspects of it, emotions, feelings -- everything came back. Now and then that still happens. Sometimes the memories are vague, then expand and become life like.

Now there is no going back. And honestly don't know what is going forwards. Spoke w/ a normal therapist over the phone yesterday and one question was -- what are your triggers for depression and anxiety? Er -- Vietnam? Of course can't say that, can you? And when she asked if I had served in the Armed Forces. What can you say? How does someone like me even begin to get help?

KenJ likes this.