Time spans between -- life time to life time

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Deborah, Oct 12, 2003.

?

Time spans between -- life time to life time

1. 0 - 5 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-25 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 50-100 years

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. 100-200 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. more than 250 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I have been thinking lately about comments made by some famous psychic's -several say that we only reincarnate every 200 -300 years. One psychic actually said -only every 700-800 years!

Those of you that have been on the forum for a while and researching reincarnation -- and for those of you that remember your past lives....I would like to take a poll. You can of course add comments to the thread. Share research and specific stories if it relates to the time span between lives and your realization of HOW fast or HOW slow your return was.

I am aware that in my last three life times -there was only 1 year (or less) to 5 years in-between them.

2. QaHearts

QaHearts Senior Registered

I believe 5 - 25 years....

or possibly even 0-5, I've seen cases that have been 0-5. But I think things are different now than they use to be. It use to be said that it wasn't good to reincarnate sooner than 50 - 100 years or more, but I think times are changing because there are so many more people. A lot of research has "proven" the itenarary, so to speak, after we pass on. In order it is:
    • RECOUP - re-energize and repair any damage done
    • REVIEW - what have you done, what have you learned
    • REASSIGN - what more do you need to learn and how will you learn it
    • RELAX - you've been given your next "assignment", now wait for the right time to return

Now the experts are starting to believe we're coming back quicker because there are so many bodies to fill. I don't know what the repercussions will be from this (if any) if we're not given enough time to recoup, review, reassign and relax. But maybe we adapt... hopefully we adapt.

3. kris0503

kris0503 Senior Registered

0-5

I knew person who passed away and then came back to me in just under two years. So I voted 0-5. The short span I think was due to his intense need or desire to be around me. The need itself may be due to his concern for me or it could be a desire to right past wrongs.

4. dorika

dorika Senior Registered

IMHO time is totally irrelavent in non-physical realities. It is always individual choice for any essence which time frame want to experience or re-experience.

I have to ask a question if any essence/soul would be "sentenced" to spend certain amount of "time" in the non-physical realities:

1., WHO makes the rule?
    2., WHY the essence/soul freedom would be denied?

But the most important factor to me is I believe everything is simultanious.. my past, present, and future is happening now!
    What matter is where I focus,shift my consciousness.

I respectfully disagree with any limitation what based on a singular concept of the current personality. Our multidimensional
    essence can and able to focus on ALL timeframe and personality.

Dora

5. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I think it depends on the person. If we have the choice when we reincarnate, some might want to come back quicker, others might like to stay on 'the other side' a bit longer. I think I reincarnate slow, because I don't like change. I even think I was kind of 'pushed' into this current lifetime, because when I was born there were multiple health problems, it gave me the impression that I didn't want to stay here....and now of course, after 44 years on earth in this lifetime, I would not yet like to make the step to 'the other side' again. And now that in this life I have found the belief in reincarnation, I still don't have the feeling of 'I would like to do it over again, or next time I will do so and so', no desire for the change yet....

The time span between reincarnation maybe is also shorter for most people, because the population on earth increased. But this theory may not make sense if we don't reincarnate only on earth, but also on other planets.....maybe in ancient times, when there was not so much life on earth, souls reincarnated more on other planets, and now that the conditions for life on earth improved, more souls reincarnate here? Because now that people live here over 70 years during one lifetime, more lessons can be learned, more things can be experienced in one lifetime than before, when people only lived, lets say, 35-40 years? and that makes reincarnation on earth more interesting now? just a thought....
    (Personally I have no memories of having lived on another planet).

Eevee

6. Sandra

Sandra Banned

Since I started realizing that there is a very strong chance I have overlapping simultaneous lives, I can't give an answer according to the poll. I did choose 5-25 years, 'cause I wanted to see what everybody else thought - but it doesn't work that way for me anymore! :D I no longer even believe that we necessarily follow a recognizable timeline for our incarnations. My "next" incarnation could be 3500 BC!

It's a puzzlement...

Sandra

7. dejawho

dejawho New Member

I am with you Sandra. For some reason, I have felt for a long time that I (or another me) is "doing some kind of research" somewhere else on earth. I am not even sure it's a woman really. I just feel it once in awhile, but for a lot of years.

I voted 0-5 years, because I feel there are those I know/knew that have come back into my life also.

I also feel that the reason some folks don't remember certain year spans (ala Curious Girl) is because the life you may have been leading was (a) cut short, like a young life (b) of no relevance to this life (i.e. say an Islander somewhere).

I think we constantly incarnate, so we can EVOLVE (same as learning/experiencing), like the Creator wants us to.

8. frodo

frodo New Member

The two i have vague memories of are probably closer to 1000 years apart. I suspect that there may be another one in there but i have no memory of it. I think it's probably different for everybody.

9. QaHearts

QaHearts Senior Registered

I was taught that our mind will only allow us to remember a life it it will serve a purpose. So no matter how many regressions you have, if you're not meant to remember that life, you wont, even though you may have vague memories.

10. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

I am with Curious Girl on this one (and that puts me in good company :) )

I don't remember all of my PL's and can pinpoint exact dates on only 3 of them. My educated guess is an average of 25-30 years. I remember dying in 1862 and being born again in the late 1870's or early 80's. Previous to that, the one I remember ended in 1719. But I am sure there must have been others in between.

11. Deborah

Added thoughts

I do think consciousness creates -and each individual determines how long they remain in all states of awareness. I have experienced simultaneous life times...but am also aware that as consciousness slows down-matter become dense and so we experience "time."

My reason for posting the poll-was not to debate the time issues so much -- as a research project -- to see by consensus --what the average times between lives are for individuals.

Psychic's that give out blanket statements like "every 200-300 years" frustrate the heck out of me. They have not -- evidently done their research in order to make such statements! Both in books and on TV! (Just look at the poll above - and Ian Stevenson's work -and Carol's for that matter.)

So I hope this poll will give others -an idea about "time spans" between lives. And I am referring to "time" as we know it.

12. georgeimage

georgeimage New Member

I believe I have had many life times.I would also go for 1 to 5 years.Why because a spirit entity told me my father has already reincarnated,and that I being a school crossing guard cross him every day.The little boy and i have a very strong bond.He is 2 years old.When his mother takes him across the road,he puts his arms out and wants me to pick him up,and crys when his mother keeps on moving.My father died in 1996.I was told by the entity not to interfear,unless I am asked by the mother to come forward.Georgeimage.

13. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

mmmm....There are no "rules" to this. Seems as if every soul has its own schedule.

Curious Girl... Good idea to watch out for sweet talkers. This is an advise I often give my own daughter. But I am not reallly tough. More like a big ole stuffed bear toy LOL

Very interesting thread Miz Deborah :)

14. gendenwitha

gendenwitha Senior Registered

For my own experince

I actually had quite a crisis of faith one night when I realized that I could not have been an old woman in the 19-teens AND a young civl war widow who grew to be a bitter old woman. I sat down and wrote down every lifetime memory I had from the mid 1700's on, and details of it like "no electric light" or "NY with three-story buildings" or "going west on a Wagon train". I then looked up things like when the railroad was finished and the dates of the civil war on the internet.

I sat down and ran the dates, and they all were one right after the other, (except in the last life where I died in the early 1950's/late 1960's but stuck around as a spirit with my son until he died in Vietnam). EXCEPT for one life. Reincarnation is such a staple of my beliefs it really shook me to the core that I never put this together before, YET they all fit one right after the other EXCEPT for this one:

I had one memory of watching my husband leave to fight for the north, with a toddler at my leg, (I later see a daughter too so perhaps I was pregnant when he left?) Although he was fighting for the north, we lived in an area closer to the south, we were there preaching about abolishing slavery in some form, I believe, like maybe we were Quakers or something. But then I remember being a bitter old woman hating everyone in that life, watching my son walk up the walk, he was a doctor and treated people of all color, but I was very bitter and I suppose racist because I had no white friends because of my beliefs, but no blacks really trusted me as a friend because of my color.

Now I also remember being an old woman very active in the woman's sufferage movement. We lived in the north, and I was a widow who had little contact with my children, and no memories of my younger years. My partner was a spinster, and everyone thought it was nice we had each other for company. In fact she had been a life-long lesbian, and I was very much in love.

When I sat down and looked at the dates and the details, I realized that these two lifetimes matched up more than I thought they did. I remembered mainly my son in the south, and mainly my daughter in the north, (I'm not sure where in the north but it was cold there) but I know in each I had one child of each gender, so I think I must have met my lover while visiting my daughter in the north, and stayed there. She (who was my husband in the life after that, and my life now) changed my life so much and made me so happy, I just couldn't have imagined that that bitter old woman on the southern porch was the same active suffagette lesbian in the north. I had such a lust for life when I was with her. But it also makes sense that in order to agree to move to the south to preach against slavery, that spark must have been there when I was younger too, I just lost it for 40 years or so until I found love again.

15. The Lizard King

The Lizard King New Member

Well I died , at least I was told I died in 1971 and came back in 1975.
    So it was 4 years for me

16. Deborah

There are no rules -which brings me back to my point. Why do several physics insist that there are long periods of rest between life times? I think they are doing themselves a disservice by claiming there are -rules. ;)

Anyone else care to vote?

17. dorika

dorika Senior Registered

IMHO

Because perception is always colored by beliefstherefore they accept what might true in some cases but NOT the TRUTH

18. Veronika

Veronika Senior Registered

Hi Deborah,
    Maybe you should have an option that says "no rules" or "irregularely" or something.

My most intense past life experience is the one from my last life. In the dream I had about it I died in the beginning of the 50'. I was born 1970 so that makes it 15-20 years.

Without having any proof I think you are born in the year that gives you the most usefull experience, that's why it differs.

19. Legro13

Legro13 Senior Registered

How many years?

I have no idea. I have too few distinct memories to even throw out a shot in the dark. I don't have any real memories later than 1865. I say that because I may remember something from that war. It may be imagination too. The last time for me was most likely 1400's. So who has the answers. I have the questions.

---Jason

20. Satori

Satori Daydream Believer

Same here, Deborah. My last three lifetimes were spent in very quick succession. They dealt with the same lessons, only at opposite ends of the pendulum swing (this lifetime is the balancing of those three). I agree it's wrong for some people--psychic or not--to make blanket statements as to "rules" in this area. It really depends on each person, the particular lifetimes involved, and the particular lessons involved.

Satori
    :)

21. Artzab

Artzab AS2

I agree with that, too. I think in the particular phenomenon of reincarnation, there can't be any rules. In my most recent lifetime I feel like I might have come back very fast after dying in my last lifetime, but I think that if I lived a lifetime before my last lifetime, I took a few years before reincarnating. My most recent past lifetime is just bits and peices and doesn't really give me enough information to be completely sure of who I was in my past life. Maybe I should start referring to myself as the soul with a memory, but not a name.

22. Majic

Majic Senior Registered

I agree with the people who say there are no rules to the time between lives. It could be one day or 500 years and more.

I read some place that the Rosencrusons (spelling) believe that the time from birth to birth (this includes a persons total life, plus the spirit time) is 144 years. With the hypnotic regressions I conducted, I worked out the average from birth to birth and it was around the 140 year average.

This is only an average, and so there can be a great variation of times. (Of course this could be all wrong if we live simutaneous life times.)
    Majic

23. Lights

Lights Lights

Given that last life, I died in December of 1952 and was reborn in June of 1953 (two months premature), I must have reincarnated within weeks, if not days, after my PL death.

24. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I don't know about any rules, but personally I seem to have been very eager to come back - at least during the last millennium.

I voted for 0-5. Sometimes it could've been longer, but as much as I can remember I have always come back quite soon.

Karoliina

25. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi,

The only reference I can give personally is what I know regarding my last life and this one. I died around 1944/45 (towards the end of WWII) and was born into this lifetime in 1960, so I voted 05-25 years, but my guess is also that the term is greatly variable... :thumbsup:

26. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

I voted 0-5 as well. From between 1850 - 1980 I've had quite a few lives in rapid succession. Several with much less than a year in between.

The earliest lifetime I remember with excellent clarity is around 800, and the next lifetime I am aware of after that one is around 400 years later.

I tend to agree that there are no set rules and as Deborah pointed out "each individual determines how long they remain in all states of awareness."

Ailish

27. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I chose 5-25 because since the 17th century that seems to be the pattern. I earliest life I'm aware of in the 5th century. I sense I didn't return for at least 500 years, although my soul was busy. It just wasn’t encumbered by a physical body.

John

28. Denomar

Denomar Senior Registered

Mine certainly seems to be shorter with each incarnation. I read somewhere (I think it might have been a theory on here) that the older the souls the less time between each incarnation.

In the past two I believe it's been between 2 and 4 years and I seem to die in my mid-30s (I've had 3 lives in the past 100 years).

29. vicky

vicky Senior Member

I voted 0-5 because one of the few lives I can remember I was a man about 40 years of age. It looked like it was the 1950's here in America. This life I was born in 63 so its probably between 0 and 10 but that wasn't one of the options on the poll.

Vicky

30. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I can only speak of the last one where I knew dates. It was 23years. But some how I don't think the years matter...I'm sure there are other factors...perhaps some coordination with other souls and their movement and progression. I'm not sure time as we know it has much relevance on the otherside. Just my impressions anyway.

Tinkerman