Time spans between -- life time to life time

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Deborah, Oct 12, 2003.

?

Time spans between -- life time to life time

1. 0 - 5 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 5-25 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 50-100 years

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. 100-200 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. more than 250 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Wulfie

Wulfie Dreamer

I have 12 years between my present incarnation and the last one and about 33 years between that one and the one before that. Those are the only ones I did the actual math on. I'm aware tho that in some cases, in my earliest lives for instance, that there were sometimes hundreds, if not thousands, between them. There are two that I wouldn't even know how to figure out the dates for.

Wulfie

2. lonewolf

lonewolf Senior Registered

The sense of thousands of years between earlier incarnations may just be because time was measured differently then, or because those ancient lives just seem to blend together! :rolleyes:

I had about 9 years between this life and the last one; the others were 10-15 years.

Lonewolf

3. Wulfie

Wulfie Dreamer

Hi Deborah,

I love reading your threads and comments. I like the way your brain works. lol When I read this one I had a severe laughing jag because all I could think of was the Matrix movie where Neo's ready to try to jump the building and he's shoring up his confidence by saying: There is no spoon. There is no spoon."

There are no rules. There are no rules....except the ones we decide to believe in.

Wulfie

4. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I agree completely with you Charles. I sense that I spent time between lives at least once as a spirit guide. I also sense that it was merely a learning experience, and not some kind of reward. There have been times in this life that I've helped people with spiritual problems, so maybe we're all just helping one another stay the course.

John

5. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I voted 25 years because of my memory of WWII. I don't know if there was anything between that and when I was born in 1966 or not, but my personal opinion is that we can reincarnate immediately or a few hundred years apart, depending on where one's spirit/soul is on their journey.

Why do some psychics give some astronomical times in-between? I have speculations - - but nothing concrete.

6. Kay

Kay Senior Registered

The lives that I am aware of don't appear to have any pattern to the time between them.
    Some have been within 50 years, and then a few others a few hundred years apart.
    It is possible that there were lives within that few hundred years that I don't remember of course.

Kind Regards
    Kay

7. dark rosaleen

dark rosaleen Senior Registered

I chose 5-25 because in the two cases I know enough about to assume dates, it fits. For instance, I was born into this life in 1966. My most recent past life began in 1927 (I think) and ended sometime after WWII. Before that, I was killed in WWI. Two other lives before that were apparently closer together. However, in most cases, I have no idea what years I was born and died. I also can't account for myself for most of geologic time.:D

8. xo_lover_xo

xo_lover_xo xo_lover_xo

I only remember three of my past lives and the ones I remember span from about 78 AD to the 1700's to the early 1900s, (to the '90s lol) so I don't really have a pattern there. :D

9. Lila P

Lila P Member

It´s hard to say anything definite to this question. I am aware of about 10 PLs and the pattern is that I seem to incarnate several times within a relatively short period of time and then "rest" quite long.

I´ve been actively here on earth in the Middle Age and in the 19th/20th century. But I have to emphasize that there are probably much more lives which have not reached my concious mind - yet. For this reason I didn´t answer the poll. Sorry.

10. MarkDP

MarkDP Avatar

Not sure

I voted 50 to 100 years. However except for one clear memory in time its hard to tell.

There seems to be a long gap several hundred years after and before the 17th century.

There are two memories from the middle ages. One pleasent as a monk in a sanctuary. The other not so pleasent of a quick death on a battle field.

The memory of a Buddhist monk has a timeless quality to it. Its after the 17th century. However, the area probably has looked the same for centuries. If I could find it today, it would undoubtedly look the same.

Then there is something, a memory, that appears very, very old. No words to describe it. I look out onto a wilderness, its cold and damp. I am waiting for the sun to rise.

I'm usually cold and damp. Same thing today. Think after all these lives I would move to a better climate.

Gee! We do take a long time to learn some lessons. Maybe thats the lesson I need to learn in this life.

I think I'll move to some place warm and dry.

:thumbsup:

11. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Mark,

Interestingly enough, my last lifetime seems to have been in Germany during WWII. Apparently I was planning to escape the war and was killed by fellow soldiers who discovered my intentions. I believe it was my intention to escape to where I am now in this lifetime: sunny Rio de Janeiro...!!! :thumbsup: :cool

12. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Funny story Charles! :laugh:

I remember also thoroughly disliking the cold and damp and dark in my previous time spent in London during the Blitz and I dreamed of coming to Australia on more than one occasion as I stood shivering in some thin dress on some dark and dingy street corner sucking on a Craven A. I imagined endless sunshine and infinite sandy beaches, which is not so far from the truth really, certainly when compared with 'Old Blighty' as we call the UK (not so affectionately) over here.

I have to agree with the others who have said they don't think there are any definite, hard and fast rules about when an incarnation may/must occur. The nature of time in the spirit world is very different (doesn't exist in the way we normally understand it). However, we can talk about averages of chronological time even if there are no 'rules'....

I read somewhere that the rate of reincarnations had sped up in the past 100 years or so (like everything else) partly because of the rapid growth in population. Where once people may have had a leisurely gap of several hundred years or more between incarnations, nowadays it has shortened considerably according to whoever's book it was I was reading.

These are all interesting things to speculate on.

13. Charles Stuart

Hi Tanguerra,

Well, I do believe, as Deborah has often said here, that "what we hold in consciousness at the time of death has a direct effect upon our next incarnation".

But I'll tell you one thing, it certainly wasn't funny when I dreamed of my death during my life as Karl Heiss in WWII. I woke up in a cold sweat and gasping for air, after having seen a German soldier toss a grenade into a garage where there were two gasoline pumps and I was throwing myself to the floor knowing darned well that my life was about to end. :eek: :(

Yes, I believe that the time periods between incarnations vary a lot. Another reason for incarnations to be occurring more rapidly is also apparently due to the importance of the transition phase that our world is currently undergoing...

14. tanguerra

Hi Charles.

No, I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time! But I thought it was funny the way you put it. I know it can be very traumatic and upsetting remembering some things some times, especially a violent death. The end of my WWII life, while less spectactular than yours, was very sad and unfortunate and not funny at all either.

I know the Tibetan Book of the Dead is one source of this idea that it is very important what thoughts one is thinking when one dies as they will directly affect the outcome of the next life. I am always deeply suspicious of hard and fast rules of that nature. I don't doubt that one's thoughts and wishes towards the end of one life (or even during it) certainly would have some bearing on what happens in the next one. I am dubious that the moment of death is the one most crucial moment, that's all. (Sounds suspiciously like a "make work scheme" for priests to me). I think the whole of the life and how one conducts oneself and what one thinks and does is relevant.

15. Charles Stuart

Hi Tanguerra,

"No, I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time! But I thought it was funny the way you put it."

Yes, I understood... :thumbsup: ;)

I agree entirely with what you stated in the second paragraph. I also don't think that the "moment of death" is so important, but what we retain in consciousness, together with our desires. However, I also believe that certain karmic issues are determined without our having much of a say on the matter. I believe in a hierarchy of the Spiritual Worlds, in which we exercise a 50-50 influence upon events in our lives, together with what is determined by the "Higher Hiierarchies"...

16. ashthedominator

ashthedominator Your worst enemy

it depends...

i think it depends on the person being reincarnated. some people want to be reincarnated immediatly and some want to wait longer but we dont know for certain until we die or have an nde:(

17. Quintessence

Quintessence No One

What I have to offer on this topic is that everyone is unique when it comes to their cycles. Some souls have a tendency to live very long lives, some short. There are also those who fall in between.
    On average, it appears that I have three lives within a single century. The span of time varies, but the number of lives seems consistent. This means that I usually die young.
    One of my soulmates has a tendency to live up to 70 sometimes even to his 90s, etc.
    I'm working on theories as to why this is the case with him and I. I guess again, it all boils down to energy. We are part of the same essence. But there has to be balance. :tongue:

18. Sunny1994

Sunny1994 SUNNY1994

I guessed 0-5 yrs. I do not know exactly any of the dates of My PL. But, of the two I remember before this one, one I was a adult in the early 1950's. And, the next memory I have is from the next life around 1967. I was born into this Life in 1975. So, I believe in these last few 0-5 sounds closer to the truth then 5-25 yrs.

19. Littlemoon

Littlemoon Senior Registered

I voted 0-5.

I really think that it can be any time period that we spend after we die before we come back...this thread reminds me of an older one, I'll try to see if i can find it.

I suppose that simultaneous lives are a possibilty, but my human trying-to-be-rational mind tells me that this isn't so. I guess it makes it seem more "real" to me if there is a definite beginning and a definite end--no flip-flopping between lives. But then again, I know that certainly it's a possiblity.

Annnnyyyway, I'm voting based on the past three incarnations that I've had.

One that I believe was in the 1800s, then born near the turn of the centry (20th), maybe a bit before, this life lasting to the late 20s/early 30s. I have always felt like that life was short, but more recently I've had memories from the 1940s, me being a young woman during the time. So that kind of fits with me having died when I believe I died...A very short time span between lives.

20. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Time periods between incarnations.

Dr Stevenson's decades of case studies have attempted to pinpoint time durations between incarnations. The time periods between incarnations seemed to depend on the age of the person, how they died, and geographical proximities.

The shortest time periods (months to a couple of years) seemed to occur with youngest people who died of unnatural causes.

The longest time periods (possibly up to a couple of centuries) seemed to occur with elderly people who passed away from natural causes.

A few strong cases discussed in this forum sometimes didn’t correspond to specific findings regarding time durations, age, cause of death, geographic locations. Hence, even with decades of careful case studies, reincarnation still remains inconclusive.

Personally, I feel my PL died (in his Mid-40s) three to five years before I was born in California. Based on the rare few strong PL regression images I've experienced, he died in the State of Connecticut and may have lived in the neighborhood where my parents lived in around 1960. My family didn't know this fellow; yet I've had two regression images that included a light blue 1950s Volkswagen; the same type of vehicle my parents owned at the time.

The progress and use of technologies i.e., Internet, other information processing tools, and even lower-cost, and greater availability of MRI tools, and of course this forum may indeed strengthen the concepts of reincarnation.

21. Charles Stuart

Hi Prudence,

I would say it is possible, but very improbable. I believe reincarnation occurs at shorter intervals, probably every three or, at the most, four generations. The term does apparently depend on the level of advancement of the soul/spirit. The more advanced the spirit, the longer the interval between incarnations...:thumbsup:

22. Military

Military New Member

I was told my last life was during Julius Ceaser's time as a "Roman Military Leader\General".

Maybe I knew Ceaser? hehe.....

I picked 250+

23. tanguerra

Maybe you did Military. You might like to try to find out more.

Prudence,

I don't believe there is anything definitive on this subject, however, from the reading I have done (Michael Newton and Hans Ten Dam) it seems to vary quite widely for individuals. Some come back almost immediately and others take lengthy breaks. This also, apparently, depends on the personal situation of the individual at the time.

Sometimes decisions are made to return quickly based on wanting to be with one's loved ones or unfinished business for instance. I read something about the victim of a murder wanting to come straight back to avenge himself. However, obviously reliable data from a wide number of samples is not easy to come by. Such is the nature of the beast at this time.

Also, worth noting, in older times the breaks seem to have been longer (several hundred years was not unusual) and things seem to have been speeding up the past couple of hundred years (several months or only a year or two is not unusual).

24. bkola

bkola New Member

I think that after death the soul reincarnates instantly and infinitely!

I have remembered every year of my twenty-five year life, before I was a year old and even birth. Then I remembered the process of reincarnation.

I begin the history of my last life with the fact that I was homophobic and would say bad things about a friend who was gay. I would call him names and tell him he would die from "gay-cancer" (no one at the time knew about AIDS). That last life ended in the airline crash of Pan Am flight 759 on July 9, 1982. Everyone on the plane was screaming, and I remember losing consciousness like anesthesia before surgery, slowly fading out. I fell and fell, deeper and deeper like the movie “Alice in Wonderland”. Then I appeared in paradise, where I found that I loved everyone there and they loved me. All of the good was recorded in my mind, everything was so beautiful and I felt ecstatic. I found the answer to every question in human life there.

Then I remember opening a door in paradise and it, paradise, disappeared. I remember being hurt like I had been aborted (I think) because somebody had killed me before I was born. Then, like in the plane crash, I lost that consciousness and appeared in the paradise again. I did not want to leave paradise ever again; I found that special love there again.

But this time the memory ended like a dream too. I believe it was because I was bad in my last life. I was born July 23, 1983 in Russia. And now I am gay and HIV positive. I am sorry for all of the people I offended in my past life, but there is no way back there, I must improve/ heal those offenses in this life.

I believe we see paradise when we are inside our mother all of the nine months. I think it means we reincarnate infinitely!! We see paradise and come back again. People who achieve the highest level of the soul and are very kind can stay in paradise. In Eastern philosophy the name is Nirvana.

I know that people born into rich families must have suffered from something in their last life.

Original post edited by staff for clarity in English language:

25. sandy

sandy New Member

Rebirth or reincarnation

As per Hindu philosophy(,as well chapter 8 of Bhagavad Gita),man keeps on repeating Birth and death cycle till his karma deeds are fulfilled.Once the give and take account comes to an end that soul attains moksha,i.e God.It may be few days,few months or many years.All depends on souls deeds on the earth.

As far as I am concerned I don't remember any thing of the past life.But ,in 1985 I saw a dream in which ,I was in a place an island which in reality, for me never existed before.The dream was in colour,where I saw a train station,bus depot on the sea shore and a port at a distance of 100 mts.Port was under construction,a ship had departed from the shore.I could read only 4 letters"Tirr" on blue colour with white letters.As per my instructions my children (one daughter &one son) had already boarded the ship and were waiting for me .Even though I saw, we were leaving,In reality I landed at such a place after 17years after the dream and living there for the past 6 years.Even though I am an Indian,I don't see any difference between the inhabitants and me. I feel I know the place very well and even though I don't speak the language,I really feel at home. I feel it is really is strange.The ship that navigates between Caglieri & Rome is "Tirrenia"

26. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum, Sandy, and thanks for sharing the interesting experience! :thumbsup:

Have you believed in reincarnation all your life? I assume you're a Hindu?

Karoliina

27. RootDrPerennial

RootDrPerennial My own GGG Granddaughter

There was about 110 years between my incarnations. I died in my 20s of unnatural causes.

28. p99guy

p99guy New Member

Passed Aug/Sept 1944, born Sept 1962 premature(had to spend 6 weeks in the hospital before comming home)

So 18 years in my case

29. msmir

msmir New Member

:confused: No idea, but I did hear from several places that the closer you are to Ascending for good, the less time you will spend in the astral between lives. Since I died in the camps in the early 40's, and I was born in 1975, I only spent 32-33 years in the astral.. however, after everything in this life I am hoping for a nice long rest once my time is up! Wonder if that will happen though. To be frank, I really don't want to come back but I know I have a lot of work to do still :(

30. Alexnovo

Alexnovo Senior Registered

msmir: Interesting idea about there being a relationship between how close one is to "Ascending for good," and the time spent in the astral between lives. I had not heard that before. I'm not really sure about the amount of time spent between lives. I do not think that "time" in the plane between lives has much to do with "time" in this plane. As far as my experiences, I would say that the lives that I have enough information to do the math, would indicate that my last three incarnations have come about with between 1 and 20 years in between them.