Tomo - Japanese / scottish case of 2000

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by SleeplessFox, Jun 1, 2019.

1. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Member

Your are AMAZING! Extrem good research! We can't rely on every little detail that is given by Tomo or his parents because all these things were mostly "just" written down in a little book that his mother carried around and you're totally right about the phonetic aspects. Scottish is an heavy dialect language and even the English aren't able to understand every little word I guess. When I remember talking to young Japanese in English, there were always misunderstandings because their way to pronounce L, R and O is so different.
    I might read your last posting once again and refer to some points later because it's just so much you found out....

All the best
    SF

2. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands Active Member

I'm looking at a google image labeled UODT_location_image_2.jpg. (The UODT presumably stands for University of Dundee Teaching [Hospital], which is co-located at the NHS Tayside Ninewells Hospital and Medical School in Dundee, Scotland). If you google search Ninewells Hospital at Dundee and search through the google images you will come across it. The bottom half of the photo shows the lush green hillside on which the Ninewells hospital/ Medical school is built. The upper half of the photo shows a portion of the hospital/ medical school including the window-less circular tower prominently rising several stories above the entire complex. On expanding the photo one can count the number of stories/ floors that the tower rises above a 7-level wing of that portion of the hospital. I count 6 stories (5 visible + the top of 1 that is mostly obscured by the 7-level building block in front of it). So, doing the math, 7 + 6 = 13 stories. This tower must rise 13 stories above its foundation, and 6 stories above the adjacent 7-story/ level wings It is too large for a utility tower, but does have some sort of transmitting/ receiving antena(e) affixed to the top of the main tower. Tomo mentioned that he was treated at and died in a 13-story / floor hospital 115 km from his home in Edinburgh. Ninewells Hospital is 103 km from Edinburgh on the M90/ A90 highway via Perth. The top of the tower appears to be an open-air observation deck. There are 3 smaller and shorter towers imbedded into the architecture of the main and taller circular tower on one face, and a similar fourth on the opposite face. The tops of the smaller towers appear to be open-air lounge areas. It would be interesting to find out what this tower is used for.

Tomo's two documented statements with regard to the height of the hospital or wing in which he was admitted, seem to conflict:

“When room 4 on the 13th floor became available, four of us, father, mother, (elder) brother, and me went there by car. It was 115 km from my house to the hospital.”

“I was hospitalized and stayed on the seventh floor of a 13-story hospital. I felt so sick and died.”

In the first statement he says he was admitted to the 13th floor. In the second statement he says he was hospitalized on the 7th floor.

Could Tomo have confused Ninewell Hospital's 13-story circular tower with the 7-story wing top floor Ward 4, where he was admitted and later died?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    landsend and SleeplessFox like this.
  3. GuySittingintheStands

It looks like there is a discrepancy between Tomo's claim that his prior incarnation, "British Tomo", was born in 1988, and the birth year of our lead candidate, Candidate 6, "Garry". I went searching again through the scotlandspeople.gov.uk website for "Garry's" birth information. For one thing, RD, does not stand for "Registered Death". It more likely stands for "Registration Document", "Reference Document", or "Refering/ registering District" ie, the source of a particular document (birth, death, marriage, divorce). scotlandspeople lists Garry's birth year as 1987. The associated birth document was registered or referenced in Dundee, meaning he was born in Dundee, Scotland. This is not hugely problematic, since British Tomo could have been born outside the Edinburgh area, then moved and grown up there. But the 1987 birth year is a discrepancy. No one said this was going to be easy. Welcome to the wonderful world of research.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    SleeplessFox likes this.
  4. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Member

5. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Member

Sorry! Couldn't find a bigger thumb :)

Deborah likes this.
  6. GuySittingintheStands

On the analogy of Tomo's pronunciation of Edinburgh ("Edinbia") could Tomo's "Muginba" be interpreted as "Mugin"-burgh or "Mugin" Burgh? Angus Burgh would be an archaic way of referring to Dundee, which was part of the Angus Civil Parish up until 1928, when it became its own civil council area. I still don't know how you get Angus from "Mugin", but I do know that -ng- and -g- are in free variation in Japanese, and in the Kansai dialect (which is where Tomo is from), " -ng-" is more often than not pronounced "-g-", which would mean Tomo's "Mugin" may refer back to an original "Mung-" -- closer to Angus, but not quite there yet.

I went back to scotlandspeople.gov.uk to try to fish out some more candidates for British Tomo. This time I set the criteria more strictly given that Tomo stated he was born August 9, 1988 and died Oct 24/25, 1997. This means he was age 9 at time of death, and born in 1988. There are only 2 boys in Scotland who fit that criteria in scotlandspeople.gov.uk's data base:

Candidate 8, "Kristofer" born in Scotland 1988 and died in Rosskeen, Scotland, 1997, at age 9; and
    Candidate 9 "Michael" born in Scotland in 1988 and died in Dundee, Scotland, 1997, at age 9.

Rosskeen is nearly 300 km from Edinburgh which makes Candidate 8 less desirable than Candidate 9 (Tomo claimed he died in a hospital 115 km from his home in Edinburgh area), although I do like Kristofer as an approximation of Tomo's "Geiris". "Michael" of course looks nothing like "Geiris".

I went through both forenames that begin with the letters A-Z, and surnames that begin with the letters A-Z, letter by letter, using the strict criteria. There just aren't any good candidates.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Jim78 likes this.
  7. GuySittingintheStands

They also shoot off Bonfire Night fireworks in Lochee Park, Dundee -- about a mile east of Ninewells Hospital (check out youtube for Bonfire Night fireworks Lochee Park Dundee for dozens of youtube video clips). Fireworks from Lochee Park would easily be visible from any of the top floors (or rooftops) of Ninewells Hospital a la Tomo's reported statement.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    landsend likes this.
  8. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Excellent researching, am very impressed. It gets more and more interesting and yes the Dundee hospital is a good candidate.

I think the discrepancies are most likely down to the mother mistranslating. I’ve had this problem when in my memories I’ve recalled Vietnamese (a language I do not speak or know, and to which past me did not know perfectly either) then trying to write those words up. The ideal thing in this situation is to record the person speaking the language — I do this and it helps. These days translation tools like Google translate and online tools with native speakers help a great deal.

Scottish accents are notoriously hard to understand. So if this boy was emulating his past self it would be near impossible for the mother to translate to a language she herself did not know. Hence why I wouldn’t place too much emphasis on the garbled words.

The Carpenters song. My view here is that he probably heard his mother / parents listening to that song or singing it to him and that stuck with him. I’ve also experienced song recall from a previous life and the songs in question were related to a significant event in that life (hence burning into my subconscious).

Guy are you available for hire? Only half kidding here. I’m in dire need of help in my own research of a previous life.

9. GuySittingintheStands

Got the results back for Candidate 6. He is definitely not a match. It was interesting, however, what sort of information you can get from Scotland’s National Registry (General Register Office), all for just under 20 US dollars. The one-page copy of the registration document included:

The district the registration (in this case, death registration) was made; (RD stands for Registered in the District of, by the way); The full name as it appears on the registration; date of birth, date of death including time of death, age at time of death, place of death, cause of death; usual residence; occupation of each parent, district where the death was registered, and a number of other pieces of information that aren’t relevant to our current search.

A summary of the pertinent statements Tomo made regarding his British/Scottish previous personality’s life and death: he was born in August, more specifically, August 9, 1988; he died in October, more specifically, October 24/25, 1997; he was from the Edinburgh, Scotland area; he died in a hospital, more specifically, in a hospital 115 km from his home; he died of a high fever due to complications of a severe asthmatic attack or a post-operative infection relating to his severe asthma or other respiratory illness; he died in a hospital with "13-stories"; he died in “Room" 4 either on the "13th"(top) floor or on the 7 floor of a "13-story" hospital; his name was “Ge-ir-is” as written by his non-English speaking Japanese mother in Japanese script; one or both parents were involved with running a restaurant. There were several other pieces of information that can be reviewed later assuming we ever get a likely candidate.

Other than the year of death and possibly the name, the information associated with Candidate 6 failed on all accounts. The particulars of his death are not important, so we need to move on.

Just a note on the lay-out of Ninewells Hospital in Dundee. Some of you may have looked at the floor plans of the various hospital wings and noticed that only Levels 4-7 are drawn. Levels 1-3 are service levels, the first two of which are likely subterranean or partially subterranean: Level 1 “Supply” (lorries, vans), Level 2 “Treatment” (ambulances), Level 3 “Contact” (cars and buses). Also, the 13-story window-less circular tower that you see rising out of the center of the complex was described to me as a “lift block” containing 3 passenger lifts (elevators), which I interpret as service elevators transporting staff and equipment up and down the various levels of the hospital. The elevators (lifts) do go to the tower's roof-top, but is accessible by hospital employees only. I asked about floors or rooms in this tower but got back no response.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    landsend and Jim78 like this.
  10. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

11. GuySittingintheStands

Thanks, landsend, I looked at the list of names. If nothing else it proves that the General Register Office is thorough. The much easier way to search for candidates is to set the search function in scotlandspeople.gov.uk to "Name begins with" and then put in a letter of the alphabet (I just go through the whole alphabet A-Z). It gives all the names that begin with a given letter. I go through forename first (includes middle name if available), then surname this way, A-Z, letter by letter.

Candidate 9 "Michael" failed, by the way, even though he died in Ninewells Hospital Dundee in October 1997 (Oct 6, 1997). Nothing else matched. There was a discrepancy between the birth year I found on scotlandspeople.gov.uk (1988) for this candidate and his actual birth date as recorded on the death registration (specific month and day in 1987, not 1988!), which means that I will have to broaden the search criteria first for year born, then year died, to come up with more candidates that I may have overlooked. But at 20 US dollars a request I have to select candidates that I think will at least have a chance of matching more of our criteria. If you're playing this game at home, Ninewells Hospital is indeed in the Dundee District ("District" is a search option).

12. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Member

I don't know why but my subscription doesn't work properly. I haven't received any emal notification for the last updates on this topic...
    I haven't read the last postings yet but I came here to share another japanese case that was investicated by Ohkado Masayuki:

https://www.scientificexploration.org/docs/30/jse_30_4_Ohkado.pdf

This one's also printed in a reputable magazine.