Tomo - Japanese / scottish case of 2000

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by SleeplessFox, Jun 1, 2019.

1. SleeplessFox

SleeplessFox Active Member

My question wasn't meant to question the principles of the reincarnation thesis itself but to make clear if your last investigations on the Tomo case might have changed the possibility of a scottish child that might have existed and to whom Tomo is refering to.

Just for example: the Cameron Macaulay case is also an unsolved one but it's extremely overwhelming because of it's details

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands Senior Member

I’ve come across another possible date discrepancy in Professor Ohkado’s account of the Tomo reincarnation story. If you go to the professor’s website:

http://ohkado.net/kenkyuu.html

you will find a list of abstracts authored or co-authored by the professor. If you go down to the seventh abstract you will find an abstract of Prof. Ohkado’s original 2011 paper in Japanese documenting Tomo’s story. Using the google translate toggle, you can toggle over to the English translation of the original Japanese abstract. It is slightly different than the abstract which appears in Prof. Ohkado’s 2013 Journal of Scientific Exploration (JSE) paper on the same subject. One of the differences in the original Japanese 2011 abstract adds detail to the claim concerning Tomo’s ability to sing, in English, the Carpenter’s 1973 pop music hit “Top of the World”.

Here is the quote from Prof. Ohkado’s 2011’s abstract as translated by google:

“. . . when he was two years old, he surprised his mother by singing along with the TV sound, even though he had never heard of Carpenters' "Top of the World," which was played as the ending song of the drama. ..”

The detail “which was played as the ending song of the drama . . .” is missing from the 2013 JSE paper.

The TV show that the abstract referred to had to have been the Japanese TV drama/comedy called “Beginner”, a serial about a group of young, freshly-certified Japanese law students, in which the Carpenters’ hit “Top of the World” was played as the ending song (Wikipedia). The show premiered October 6, 2003, when Tomo was 3.8 y.o. (3 years 8 months old) (https://asianwiki.com/Beginner) not “when he was two years old” as claimed both in the original 2011 Japanese paper, and in the 2013 JSE paper (“. . . Also around this time (at 2.9 or 2.10 y.o.), when he heard the English song “Top of the World” for the first time, he was able to sing along, which greatly surprised his mother.”).

You’d think that such an important detail would have been recorded or recorded accurately in the mother’s diary. But apparently it was not. This suggests that the mother’s recollection was not contemporaneous with the event, but more likely occurred later, likely much later. “Beginner” ran for 3 months from Oct 6, 2003 to Dec 15, 2003 on Japanese TV. It is unlikely that the mother’s alleged memory of the event took place any time before 2005, which is about the time of the first paper describing Tomo’s incredible story. By the way, the Japanese TV serial that the mother may have confused this account with, was called "Miseinen" ("Underage") which ran during the Oct-Dec 1995 Japanese TV season, in which the Carpenters' song "Top of the World" plays about 3-4 minutes into the opening of each episode. A DVD/video box set has been available since at least April 2002, perhaps earlier, and of course, there is always the possibility of cable TV reruns. I don't believe The Carpenters' "Top of the World" plays at the end or during the ending credits of Miseinen but I will go ahead and double check.

PS. OK, I've double checked (I own the 2007 DVD box set containing all 11 episodes of Miseinen). The Carpenters' "Top of the World" opens/ begins every episode. The Carpenters' " I Need to be in Love" is the ending (closing) song for episodes 1-7 and for episodes 9-10. The Carpenters' "Desperado" is the closing song for episode 8. The Carpenters' "Yesterday Once More" followed by the Carpenters' "Top of the World" are used as the closing song and ending credits song, respectively, for the finale, episode 11, which means that, however unlikely, the mother's account and timing of the account of Tomo's "Top of the World" performance, may be correct after all, if Tomo happened to catch the final (11th) episode of Miseinen on DVD/video, or cable reruns of this serial in the Fall 2002.

According to the Japanese version of Wikipedia as translated by google there were only two Japanese TV dramas (and a number of TV commercials) that used the Carpenters' "Top of the World" as a theme song:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  3. GuySittingintheStands

GuySittingintheStands Senior Member

Just wanted to post a photo of a Beecham Pharma (BMP) Augmentin antibiotic tablet which Tomo recalled taking as a "yellow, round pill" scored with "EMD" on one side (see my earlier post -- post 33 -- on page 2). To my eyes the B really looks like an E, while we could debate Tomo's P / D mix-up.

upload_2020-11-23_11-0-38.png

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 12:24 PM
    SleeplessFox likes this.