Traits that carry over

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Stef, Oct 2, 2000.

1. Stef

Stef Senior Registered

Just recently I read a posting of someone here (quess it was DJ) who said that within our several lifetimes our eyes would remain the same...
    I already heard that before...I mean that people recognized people from pastlifes on their eyes.
    I hope this question won`t be uninteresting but I really would like to hear more about this strange phenomenom. I mean, how can that be that our eyes remain the same? I cannot really believe that. Is it our eyes in detail, I mean colour shape etc. or just a certain expression we always keep?????

So people mostly get their eyes from their parents, according to colour and shape but I know that everyone got his/her own eyes...

Me for example, I got greenish eyes while my fathers eyes are brown and my mothers eyes are blue and except for their similarity in shape to my fathers eyes I would say my eyes are MINE.

Waiting for your answers....

2. pestilpen

pestilpen Senior Registered

Well, I remember well my last life in Russia, and I looked like him/me not only the eyes, but the belly... But the one before, when I saw myself being combed in front of the mirror, my eyes were quite round instead. Maybe the idea is our personality can be read through the eyes. Even then, being souls in evolution, I believe these characteristics will change too. Time and space may put us in front of completely different facts, so our response can be also different, although predictable.

------------------
    Stil

3. Kateet

Kateet Guest

Dear Steph,

I don't know that it is the eyes having the same shape so much or being physically similar that matters. What I do know I've read that people say they recognize the SOUL within the eyes of someone.

Throughout time immemorial, lovers have often said this, "I looked into your eyes, and I KNEW we were meant to be together." is the most common phrase. When explained, they often say they feel they recognize the soul or spirit of the person within and through the eyes.

Since most people are visually oriented (The phrase "I see." means "I understand." and gives rise to the very common, "To see is to know." and "A picture is worth a thousand words."), eyes are the most important feature of the face from birth. Hearing is usually considered second. By age four, though, it is actually SCENT, that is of prime importance despite the fact that almost everything we learn and use is not concious.

There are ten different connections between the eyes and the brain. Only ONE of those ten is used for visual, concious sight.

Kat

4. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Great and Interesting points as always Kat

Steph...I tend to agree with Kat on this one, I don't think it is so much the shape or colour that is identical, as this is all normally down to family genetics. Brown eyes are normally considered the dominant gene over blue, which is generally termed as recessive. Although saying that, it didn't stop both me and my sister getting my dad's blue eye's, and my brother getting green eyes from the mix between both my dad's blue and my mum's brown....so much for science...LOL...I think it is the soul that we recognise by way of the eyes, but that is just a purely personal view

Kindest Regards

------------------
    Kelly

5. DJ

DJ Senior Registered

Hi all,

With regards to the eye thread , I am blessed to have photographs from a past life. That is how I concluded that I was that certain person; I had the very same eyes, facial characteristics (smile, look of laugh, etc). When I say "the same eyes," I mean the same look *in* the eyes. Shape and color of eyes change often. From that family's photographs, I have also identified members of my family today.
    Body language is similar as well. It is sort of neat/eerie to see pictures of my soul in dif. bodies, leaning the exact same way, with the hands and head in the exact same positions, with the same expression on the faces---and all pictures posed before I even knew of this.
    I do think that eyes change subtly over time, but, in general, I think they stay the same.

Peace to you,
    DJ

6. Peter V

Peter V Senior Registered

I don't think it is so much the eyes that stay the same (Genetics play a major role too). It's that we identify people through their mannerisms and expressions (which do relate to past lives). Your eyes are one of the most expressive parts of your body.

7. argentelunae

argentelunae Senior Registered

Hi all.
    Can the eyes remain the same from one life to another...I think that there is a definite possiblilty that this can happen, as well as the eyes maintaining the aura/spark from a previous incarnation. The color of the eyes may indeed change, but the actual shape may retain a similarity to them. If we acknowledge that certain scars and birthmarks we have now can be from scars of another life, why wouldn't the eyes have some type of consistancey as well. Perhaps it is because we have chosen to be born in a family that has certain genetic features that we once had. It's a theory of mine, and reflects what's right for me...your own mileage may differ.

There's an excersise I was told about to sort of get an idea of what one looked like in a past life, for those who don't have photos of themselves. By looking into a mirror and focusing, what your supposed to get is a super-imposed reflection of who you once were. This concept is interesting, and can be startling. Especially if all of a sudden you happen to visualize yourself with a thick mustache and you're a sweet, petite female now-a-days. LOL.
    I also think gestures and mannerisms carry over as well. It could be from a simple raising of the eyebrow to going wide-eyed with suprise, to wildly flinging your arms about. Even the way a person walks can give an idea of a life once lived.
    Blessings always, (and no, i didn't see me with a mustache just in case any are curious,

Argente

8. DJ

DJ Senior Registered

Argente and all,

No, no, Argente; you saw *me* with a mustache.

Regarding the mirror idea: I once had a friend who said she looked into the mirror one day and was tripping out to see herself change into a completely different person. (I don't keep in touch with this person anymore). This wasn't my dear, dear psychic friend whom I've referred to before, but a friend from childhood.
    Of course, the interesting thing is---she believed in reincarnation for a while but after she began to date a Catholic young man, she began to have Catholic beliefs. I wonder though, if she ever forgot about the mirror event. If she didn't forget it, how on earth could she explain it???

Peace,
    DJ

9. Kateet

Kateet Guest

Oh, dear! I sincerely hope I do not retain any of my surgical scars into my next life. Ick! Yuck!
    What determines whether or not people might retain scars from a previous life, the way they die? a trauma they experienced?
    And then, why? Only if it serves some purpose in the new life?
    Educate me, if you please!

Kat

10. DJ

DJ Senior Registered

Kat,

DON'T PANIC.
    lol

I would assume that some keep scars from life to the next and some don't. Of course, we all have seen Gorbachev's "birthmark." Now, that to me is so obviously a blood wound; I mean, it is so bizarre to say anything else, really!
    I have a tiny scar on my hand from where one of our dogs bit me 16 years ago when she was a mere puppy. However, I seriously doubt it will show up on my next body.
    I think whether or not someone's scar shows up depends on how traumatic or affecting the scar was, and if the person thinks (consciously or unconsciously) they will benefit from continuing to have it.
    Why would Gorbachev choose to have that scar in this life? It could have even been for someone else...if it had happened in a war, for example, someone else could have seen it and their memory could have been ignited.

Oh heck, there could be so many reasons.

Peace!,
    DJ

11. sunday

sunday Guest

Kat, Ian Stevenson did a book on birthmarks and all...and if I remember correctly, it's how the person died in a past life that determines the birthmark...and most people with one died VERY VIOLENTLY!

Sunday

12. Kateet

Kateet Guest

Dear DJ and Sunday,

I certainly hope my soul doesn't think I need this scar next time around. I used to think that having the scars, in someway, was part of what I had to overcome in this life.

Thats because, well when I was young, I was reasonably attractive. I really miss that figure, LOL! Anyway, people couldn't tell there was anything wrong with me (except some doctors). The scars could be a terrible shock. This made dating and thoughts of a serious relationship a real issue for me.

How can you tell someone you do not really know something as personal as that? Is it better to wait until the relationship at least 'seems' serious? Nope. It was seen as a terrible betrayal. My mother acted as if I should have the information tattoed to my forhead. Can you imagine telling a man you have only recently met (or a teenage boy which is must worse since we are SO body concious at that age) that I have a scar between my breasts? Get real!!!

My husband thought my scars were ugly, by themselves. He is correct. They are ugly. But, he loves me so he got used to them. End of problem.

Very violently, you say. I guess its a matter of definition. I have thought about it for years because the car that hit me, in the left hip was big, shiny, black, and fairly new. It was the 1930s. It was a city. I don't know where. We immigrated there and I used to think, maybe to the USA but I actually have NO idea of the city. After all, people immigrated one part of world to another, not necessarily to the US.

Anyway, my left hip is partially dislocated and I walk with a limp favoring my left hip. I never once made a connection between the two, that car hitting me in the left hip and being born with that hip already damaged. In the 'accident', I flew up and sort of tipped down so that my forehead hit the edge of the sidewalk. I have a 'deformity' that feels like a dent as if my head had been cracked open at one time, from the top of my left eyebrow, up and back past the hairline. It is deepest right at the hairline.

To me, that sounds like evidence of the injuries I suffered when I was killed. It was violent, to my way of thinking. When I was a small child, I used to say my heart had been "broken and scattered" in my chest to explain my medical condition involving both my heart and lungs. In my last life, my son was stolen from us right off the street and emotionally, if not literally, broke and scattered my heart.

Do you or other people you know (or anyone else at the forum) have similar maladies?

Kat

13. Peter V

Sunday, everyone has a birthmark. Those who don't believe they do probably have one on their head, under their hair.

Mine is on my right big toe and another (rather interesting) is a perfect circle, 2cm x 2cm dead center of my chest, directly over my heart.

14. argentelunae

argentelunae Senior Registered

Dear DJ,
    Now that I've recovered from laughing so hard, all I can say is it was a good thing I wasn't having my coffee at the time or else I'd have a huge mess. That was perfect!

It's a good point you have about your friend, and what she saw in the mirror. I am sorry to hear that she freaked. I liked your analogy of Gorbachev's birthmark.

Kat,
    In this life I have a vertical scar, 7 to 8 inches in length along the front right side of my torso. It's from an operation done when I was an infant. It's not as drastic as yours by any means. And oddly enough it only bothered others when I was slim enough to wear a bikini, once upon a time, long long ago. LOL! Guess I got used to it. I have my doubts that this will carry over next time around. Guess I got used to it. There are some smaller birthmarks scattered about, as well as some circular scars across the back of my shoulders, a slight bump on my foreheard and a line that runs across my left cheekbone. It is possible that these may relate to injuries from other lives. All I know is the day I look into a mirror and see DJ's mustache on me and hair on my chest, is the day I take out stock and make heavy investments in Nair. L

Blessings always,
    Argente

15. sunday

sunday Guest

Peter, Stevenson was studying BIG. really obvious, some very strange birthmarks...not little itty-bitty ones on someone's big toe or hidden under their hair. But it sounds like to me you very well may have been injured in the chest in a past life, and died from the injury. And if you want to argue about that or contradict that, dear, you go ahead. I am truly glad you are back.

Kat, no birthmarks here...oh, except for the ones Peter insists I have hidden away some place...but I do strongly suspect my sinus/allergy problems I've had my whole life are related to my Holocaust life.

Sunday

16. Kateet

Kateet Guest

Alright people, what about the famous 'stork bite'? All of my boys were born with one. So was I. My husband still has his. I've read that it is VERY common but usually fades as we get older or, as in my husband's case, moves upwards as the person grows and becomes part of the scalp.

Since they are so common, what might they signify? I don't think it would necessarily have to do with death, how, when, or where. But, what else might it have to do with?

Still being educated, and having fun too, Kat

17. Peter V

Sunday, I've always wondered about my mark on my chest. When I was very little, I used to think that I was shot in the chest during a past life. Back then, I associated it with Vietnam, probably just because of all the movies back then relating to that war. I really didn't know of other wars.

However, since then, I've been told that the birth mark on my chest is not from a physical injury, but an emotional one. It seems that in my most recent life, my wife tragically died in an accident of some kind. I guess I took it pretty hard and those emotional scars (literally) extended into my present life as a reminder. Although that is what I was told, I'm not sure it rings true with me.

It is, however, the same size as a bullet, and if I was indeed shot there, it would have been fatal. And I did fight in the Napoleanic Wars with the British...

LOL, I'm not that argumentive, am I?

Happy to be back.

[This message has been edited by Peter V (edited 10-19-2000).]

18. catseye

catseye Senior Registered

Howw did I miss this thread?!
    Kateet, don't worry about the scars! Your beauty is much more than skin deep. Next life time I imagine you'll be the next Marilyn Monroe. (P.S. stay away from sleeping pills and politicians.)
    What I gathered from years of studying reincarnation, physical scars are carry overs from the traumatic death experience in a previous, closely related lifetime. Emotional scars carry through much longer.
    Which means that we may have some physical abnormalities (that doctors can't find) that are directly related to emotional sources in other lives. Personally I have a bum knee, (shot in civil war, not killed though. Doctors can't find anything wrong with it, but I have had the limp off an on since I was a child.) I also have horrible sinuses, terrible throat. (I worked the Euthanasia Program in a WW2 Sanitarium.) No medicine seems to FIX the allergies.
    Peter, maybe you were shot in Vietnam. You just haven't had a need to access that lifetime yet.
    Argente, love the mustache.
    Anyhow Folks, we are only beginning to scratch the surface of the 'science' where "No One Has Gone Before!"
    catseye

19. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Oh....interesting

I haven't been online for a couple of days and I hadn't realised how much this post had grown....birthmarks very interesting

I've always found this topic very interesting, I've read a lot of Stevenson's stuff on this research and it all seems to correlate very well, but I wonder more about facial scars and birthmarks, especially like as DJ described in the case of Gorbachev. Are they always wounds, couldn't they sometimes be something different...I mean being born with a facial mark would have many lessons behind it in societu, despite the standpoint of most, is beauty only skin deep in the eyes of the mass?

Most of the cases I've read have been based around past life injuries and wounds, and I believe greatly in a lot of the theories being put forward, but I've never read anything on other possible issues that could have to do with reincarnation other than scar tissue....has anyone else?

Lots of Love

------------------
    Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 10-19-2000).]

20. Kateet

Kateet Guest

Dear All,

Well, I'm just going to shoot for being physically healthy. Oh dear, then I'll probably lose my mind instead!

Well, if I'm gorgeous and I get mixed up with drugs and politicians (what a nasty, nasty combination; real overkill), I WILL
    lose my mind!

RFLOL, Kat