• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Trauma at the Moment of Death

Rob

A Very Cool Member!
Just a question that came to mind while reading Carol's first book, Children's Past Lives: I was wondering why the last thoughts before the moment of death (in a past life) can cause us to carry so much negative baggage into a new life.

I wanted to put my question into the context of her book, more particularly with her daughter's regression where she remembered a pervious death in a house fire. When her daughter was regressed, she remembered seeing her parents outside of the burning house. It was said in the book that she then comprehended that her parents DID love her and that they had tried to save her.

In spite of this understanding, she still carried the last thoughts (and misconceptions she had)before death into her next life.

Why is it that when we die and then are able to gain a perspective of wisdom and understanding, we still carry with us the last thoughts (or misconceptions)we had while in the last incarnation? To continue with the example of Carol's daughter in Children's Past Lives, why didn't she carry with her the understanding that her parents tried to save her (seeing as how that is what she learned right after the death)? How come these new "dissembodied understandings" don't cancell out, or heal, any misconceptions we may have had at the moment of death?

Why is it that we carry with us the misconceptions or traumas of life when we have a chance to understand the true meaning of those traumas between lives? Why is it we tend not to subconciously carry with us the perspective of wisdom we gain between lives?

Any ideas?
Love,
Rob

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 05-09-2001).]

Hi!

You are right, it seems so unfair. But it happens anyway. I died moments before sunrise, and until today, even knowing why and where, I still feel uncomfortable when dawn comes or when I hear a rooster singing. The trouble is that we tend to mold God as our image, so our parameters would be the same. Only they don't. I can just think our sequence of trips down on Earth as a small click of time, comparing with our eternal life as a soul. Like we now think how silly we were as kids, maybe our traumas may vanish in the haze of eons.

------------------
Stil

Dear Rob,

Wonderful question and very important!

As you said, we tend to forget the wisdom of our soul when we reincarnate. However, we don't have to. The wisdom of our soul is actually available to us at any time, whether we are in a body or not. It's just that we are much more likely to forget our soul's wisdom when we reincarnate. Yet, at any moment we can remember. In essence, this is what I do in my healing sessions. I help people reconnect with the wisdom of their souls. This is why any past life trauma can be healed now and any past life memory can be accessed now. We don't have to wait until we leave the body again.

So, the truth of the matter Rob is that we do "subconciously carry with us the perspective of wisdom we gain between lives."
The problem is that our personalities tend to forget how to access this wisdom. The solution is to remember that we can access our soul's wisdom at any time and to learn how to access it for guidance, support and healing. This, in fact, is what we who are reading and writing on this message board are once again learning how to do. Past life memories come from our soul, not from our brain. OBEs, spirit communication, angelic contact and spiritual healings also come from our soul.

So for me the real question is how do we reconnect our conscious mind with the wisdom of our soul. This is what I strive to do in my own meditation, in my healing sessions, in my writing and throughout my daily life - open up my conscious mind, my personality and my body to the wisdom, love, support and healing of my soul.

The other question you asked is why do we forget this wisdom. To some extent we have to forget most of our past life memories so that we can function here. Many of us have had hundreds of past lives. It would be very, very easy to be overwhelmed by past life memories. This is why I am very careful in accessing only those past life memories that can help me live a better, happier, wiser life now.

I believe that the times of transitioning into and out of our bodies are very important. Whatever is happening within us and around us tends to get magnified. I know that I am still healing from the last thoughts I had about five lifetimes ago

So, you are right in that birth trauma and death trauma do sometimes leave very significant imprints on our consciousness. But these, like anything else, can be brought into full awareness and healing.

Blessings,

Bob

------------------
Healing the Heart of Humanity, One Heart at a time

You're invited to my website -
http://www.youaredivine.com

Hi Rob,

Well, I have probably already given this to you in one form or another..and I know you have studied similar or the same readings. But here goes anyway------

What you are holding in consciousness at the time of your death, you yourself create in the next life. This is not a last minute evaluation but a life time one. Even though we might review our lives after death with a clear picture..I think that when we are again here on earth..matter and the density of our reality affects us. You and I have talked a lot about consciousness creating, but I also think memory 'acts' as a creator.

Let me explain--------

The Tibetan Book of the Dead concerns itself with the possibility of dying consciously. These ancient Buddhist masters observed that there is a heightened intensity of consciousness when a soul moves from life to death and visa versa. By preparing the soul during life, to avoid and or heal negative thoughts, they were able at death, to not be pulled into a repetitive negative life cycle.

The ancients KNEW this. In the seminal text called the Dhammapada, which means ‘The Way of Truth,’ the power of our thoughts is clearly stated:

“All that we are is a result of what we have thought: it is founded on our thoughts, it is made up of our thoughts.”

India's ancient Buddhist text, the Bhagavad-gita it states :“Whatever state of being one remembers when he quits his body, that state he will attain without fail.”

The Egyptian, the Sumerians, the Chaldeans all KNEW this.

Moving on over to memory...It is interesting to note that Edgar Cayce’s interpretations of karma suggests that karma is not destiny; it is only memory. A memory of consequence. Cayce suggests that we are born with memories, but they are usually unconscious. He felt that they do influence our abilities, our faults and even our relationships with others. It is up to us and our free will, to ‘create’ in our next life what will be positive experiences or a negative experiences. Another words, we need to ‘harness consciousness.’

So, to answer your question..Carol's daughter's memory of death..of living on this dense earth plane, she held within herself..it is the energy, the vibrations, the conscious thoughts that were what was REAL for her. And the body (ethereal and physical) remembers.

To me, it is about change....conscious change -- within --before we die, which can be a real tricky thing if trauma is involved.

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

Thanks everyone for taking the time to clarify. I appreciate your remarks and insights. Much to think about, indeed.

Love,
Rob

Deb,

Ditto...
Just to add that it seems the "necessary conscious changes" must, however, be made at THIS level if we are to progress.
When we are "above", perhaps there is just no merit (or maybe it's just incapacity) in making those true "soul changes".
Just rambled thoughts...
Rob, have been missing you over there. Any other reason for this? (have been trying to share a lot over there as of lately).
Do show up and say "hi", even if it is for a minute...

Charles

Hi Rob,

I have been wondering, if perhaps others on the forum remember a past life and what the next life time was for them. You know...consecutive life times. If anyone here remembers specifically the trauma or what their reality was in a life time and what the next life time was for them, I would love to read about it.

I would love to hear from people regarding their memories and possible theories.

Just a thought..since physics seems to stop the conversation dead in its tracks! LOLOL And religion gets off on tangents. Let's see if the conversation can focus on personal reflection, experience, and such.

I of course, as you know..loved your question..and it pertains to each individual. In other words..OK..so we all believe in reincarnation..now what? And really, at least for me...the question ---what does it mean me now is of the utmost importance.
------------------
Love,
Deborah

What an excellent idea, Deborah! Personal experiences definitely are the way to understand this better.

A friend told me that past-life memories are stored in the subconscious, whereas insights that we learn from the "in-between" state are stored in the superconcious and are often more difficult to access during a physical incarnation. Maybe this is why the subconscious memories (which may lack some of the superconscious perspectives, or "wisdon perspectives" as I call them) are what we carry with us into another lifetime.

This sounds plausible, but it still doesn't completely clarify things considering that there are so many varying definitions floating around of what "superconsciousness" really is.

I think we each enter life with lots of baggage from previous experiences. We deal with most of it on a subconscious level, never fully recognizing the baggage nor its roots. Maybe if I had a more conscious memory of my own past-life memories I would more easily see the link and know why we often keep the baggage from a previous incarnation instead of the perspective of wisdom we gain between lives.

--Rob

Well, I know a few things about my last lifetime...

I was a woman last lifetime. I was married to a man who is the same being as my late wife this lifetime. I was widowed by him/her while middle aged in both lifetimes. I died of cancer last lifetime. This lifetime I have been surrounded by cancer a lot in my immediate family - my dad has had three bouts of cancer, my mom died from her second bout of cancer, my late wife died of cancer.

Of course, the issues and lessons from last lifetime are only pointed to by the above information. Certainly cancer and widowhood are themes for me in these two lifetimes. There are other issues I am aware of which I have carried into both lifetimes. I will have to write a much longer post at another time to illustrate the learning and healing I have been doing between these lifetimes.

Rob, I disagree with what your friend said about superconscious memories being more difficult to access than subconscius memories. For me it's now easier to access my superconscious. And it's easier for me because I set my intention only to access those memories and that knowledge which serves my (and/or my client's) highest and best good.

Let me put it to you another way. Our souls have access to virtually infinite amount of knowledge, including past life memories. For example, there are MANY levels to the superconscious mind. However it requires a lot of practice and dedication to access the subtler or higher levels of our superconscius mind. I've been learning how to access my superconscious mind for thirty years, and I often feel like a beginner.

My point is that the wisdom that you are talking of is accessible, but we have to dive deeper to access it. Many people are content to stay at or near the surface of their mind's capabilities and wisdom. Yet, the more profound wisdom is deeper within. One thing I have learned through many years of meditation and giving healing sessions is how to keep diving ever deeper for that highest and best guidance and healing.

This is another vast tipic that I really don't have time to delve into right now. But I do believe, Rob, that you are heading in a great direction; and I hope that you will continue to dive ever deeper yourself in your own search for wisdom.

Blessings,

Bob

------------------

Hi Bob,

So, I am curious..why cancer? Why that illness? If it is too personal..you do not have to answer ...it's OK. But I am wondering if you have been able to "see" WHY...

My own past life journeys have shown me to some degree..a lot of the reasons why I am who I am today...and why certain illnesses in the past. My last life in Italy I died of ovarian cancer. I never had children and never married. This was a carry over from the previous life time as a black slave in the South. (Long Story) If you share yours..I'll share mine!
Anyway..just wondering.

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Deborah,

I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference how I passed over. I mean would it be that different if I had passed because of another disease? So, no I have not delved too deeply into why it was cancer. It hasn't felt important to me compared to other issues.

Blessings,

Bob

------------------

Hi Bob, you might be interested in reading "Awakening Intuition" to see what the coorelation might be. That way, you won't need to repeat it in this lifetime to come up with an understanding of it.

Hope you're having a great day, Take Care, -Kathy.

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for the suggestion, but you are making the assumption that there is something I need to learn about cancer beyond what I have already learned.

I really haven't had time to write about all that I have learned and I am about to go out of town for a few days. So I will just say that my main lesson this lifetime is to face cancer without fear. Fear only makes it worse. Considering thatI have dealt with cancer six times in my immediate family this lifetime, I feel as if I certainly have faced it. Maybe I have more lessons to learn about cancer yet, but for now I feel that I have embraced what I need to know.

We're all going to pass out of these bodies one way or another. For now the particular method by which I exit my body is not as important as it is for me to exit my body with conscious awareness, and loving gratitude for this lifetime. For now that is my intention.

Blessings,

bob

------------------

Hi Bob,

For me, I have found that it makes a BIG difference how I passed over.
That trauma, abandonment, pain..all carry over to the next life time..or at least another life time.

Understanding the source, or roots of the problem enable healing. What I have learned, and what seems true to me is that consciousness creates. Even our illnesses. Even trauma! Let me share a small portion of how my own memories illustrate this for me.

#1 -I was a white boy -raised by the Indians after my family was killed. My name was Alexander and I lived from 1794 until 1838, my life was filled with trauma, anger, distress and ended with the Trail of Tears. I came to know the suffering, the pain, the wounds inflicted upon the spirit of a people whose culture did not and could not understand the ways of the white man.

I held in my heart the image of an Indian woman pleading for the Great Spirit to help her. I held in my thoughts an Indian man with his hands outstretched to the sky pleading with the Great Spirit to end their suffering.

At the time of my death, my feelings were of helplessness, my emotions were of anger and negativity, my thoughts were fearful. The Indians were at the mercy of the white man and his ways. I had wanted so badly not to be a white man. I wanted to have darker skin like my Indian brothers.

Socrates once asked, “What sort of knowledge is there which would draw the soul from becoming to being?" He was referring to states of consciousness. What I held in consciousness during my life and at the time of my death, I must have created in my next life. For my name was Clara. I was a black slave girl living in the South during the Civil War.

#2 As a black woman in the South, one need only imagine the pain, suffering and trauma! At the time of Clara's death, my feelings were of fear for myself and for others, my emotions were that of confusion and distrust, my thoughts were to not bring children into this terrible world. Again I had come to know the suffering, the pain, the wounds inflicted upon the spirit of a people whose color dictated their class, their social standing and their sense of self.

I wanted to be accepted, I wanted away from the racial issues in America. I wanted to have lighter skin. My thoughts, my feelings and my emotions, drew me like a magnet into my next life, in 1900. One more time I would face the suffering of mankind. My name was Valeria, I lived in Italy, I would never marry, never have children and I would experience two of the worst world wars in History. Valeria -- died of ovarian cancer in 1957 - I was born in 1959.

I am sure this is only part of the bigger puzzle..but it is what seems to make a lot of sense to me.

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world.” Buddha

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Dear Deborah,

Let me try to explain again. My point was simple. It makes little difference, NOW, if I passed in last lifetime from cancer or diptheria or whatever disease. Of course, the circumstances around one's passing can have major impact on one. If you read my story about all the healing I have undergone since I was hung to death about five lifetimes, you will see that I well understand the importance of healing such past life trauma.

So, once again, let me repeat my original point as clearly as I can:
The details of how I passed over last lifetime are not important to me NOW. As far as I know, I have healed any trauma and received any lessons that I need from that experience. That's all I was trying to say. I did not say that past life trauma and death experiences are not important, I merely said, that, as far as I know, that PARTICULAR death experience is no longer significant for me.

Please understand that I have been born and died hundreds of times. I do not need to relive or remember all those experiences. Just reliving and healing the one in which I was hung to death has been a major undertaking. I don't go looking for past life traumas. I trust that if there any important past life traumas which I need to remember and heal, my soul will guide me to them at the appropriate time.

Blessings,

bob

------------------

Dear Deborah,

I only am trying to explain what I said more clearly, since what you are saying sounds like a misinterpretation of what I said.

I have never said that how one passes has no effect on the next lifetime. I know very well how much effect it can have in another lifetime. That's one of the reasons I give past life healings. All I said was that, as far as I know, I have no further issues to resolve and no further lessons to learn concerning how I passed last lifetime. Obviously there may be more for me to learn and heal at a future time, but for now I feel complete.

Blessings,
Bob
------------------

Effect of death on next life

The only effect from the _type_ of death I had last time was that I felt for most of my lifetime this time around, until I had identified what happened to me, that drowning was the worst death. I also thought that knee injuries were the worst injury. These ideas have left me immediately upon my remembering or thinking on some key things with a mind open to the possibility that I lived physically before. However, it was my state of mind about my life and the people around me when I died that really affects me now.

The "first" human life I tried went swimmingly. I did exactly what I intended to do. I was a happy, productive person (this doesn't mean one has to be happy or productive to accomplish their own plan). I was taken advantage of by those around me, and was mentally disabled. However, I had great talent in one area. I was not paid a wage, but I was taken care of, and most people were friendly. Those that weren't hurt me, and that hurt has stayed with me for the sake of other people when I see similar things happening now, but when I died of a heart attack, I was completely satisfied.

Until I remembered this I thought a heart attack was a good way to go. I no longer place general labels on such things, and feel that it depends on the person. I receieved a proper burial and felt that I had indeed done what I set out to do. Then, I became another person, designed for the "next step" in what I had originally said I wanted to experience. This all went fine for awhile until I made some devastating mistakes and kept on making them. By the time I died, at the hands of my best friend's daughter, I was angry at myself and at anyone else. I felt I was not ready to die, and yet in fact I could not have made further progress in life, so entrenched was I in the societal strictures I was under and the habits I was in. I came to this life with tons of baggage I _could_ have let go.

I didn't let it go because I was so mad I completely forgot what I wanted to do. I also forgot that society couldn't control my choices anymore. In terms of my new incarnation, I made sure to set myself up to _remember everything_-- a daunting promise to myself, and to be designed in a way not to make people mad at me. Of course, it doesn't work that way. You are you. You can disguise it, but only at great cost. I've been trying to unwind the knot since then. For me, the greatest effect my death had on me was actually what that woman said to me at the moment of my death. It floored me. And the death itself made me angry because I thought I had a good thing going. I was, in fact, messed up.

Hi to All,

Interesting thread, reading with interest.........

I having a problem with the belief's what is based on duplicity and separation. In my understanding that everything is simultanious there is no such a thing one life after another only seems like when we physically manifasted.

Consciousness, essences/soul what we are, and each "lives" are individualized manifastations of the same essence, with different intent, and different beliefs. But our all focuses is connected and accessable any given time. There are NO separation between 2-3-or 3000 manifestation. We're all of those personalities and all is now
As our remanifastation is by choice, the disengagement also individual choices. We're not a used parts what we recycle in each manifastations. Each focus/live is different and new with a different intent.

The trauma of disengagement effect "afterlife"and "next life" conditions only if attached to a beliefs system what we migh carry over, and unwilling to shed those belief's, or by choice we might want to work it out and create similiar situations for awhile, but that could be generated from a 1000 years "earlier" manifestations.
My preference of beliefs that when we widening our awareness, and understand who we really are, we also understand our perception create our reality, what is true to us but not the truth but beliefs what is effecting physical and non-physical realities since we occupy all area of consciousness already.
In my view this is the only way the no linear time make sense.

just a dream

Interesting discussion. I agree with the thrust of what has been said. Rather than picking on one or two lives I now tend to approach the question which has been raised by Rob in the following manner.

I see life in total as a sort of dream-state. As a person may have thousands of dreams in any one life so, in the same way, the larger-soul may experience many lives (ie instances of dreaming-the-world) separated by intervening awake states. That is, death results in an “awakening”, in which the self is more-or-less in some form of focus. In this model, the closure of one dream (by death) is the summation of all that has transpired previously. There are no “accidental”deaths and transition takes place from one life-dream to the next strictly in conformity with one’s attitude as one dream terminates (setting the stage for the next).

The key to this is that what we normally call “reality”, physicality etc. is only an appearance – an appearance which is controlled by the Dreamer (the higher self). In the life-phase of the dream we fool ourselves by the infinitely precise consistency of this appearance into thinking that there is a physical world outside ourselves. We tend to become lost in the resulting detail, because just as in a normal dream the more closely we look the more (logical) detail we perceive. Thus, in life, we forget we are in reality, the Dreamer and in so doing die a logical death and proceed to construct a new dream……Actually there is no getting out of this cyclic predicament until and unless one succeeds in “waking up in life”, remembering the Dreamer, as it were.

And as Dorika says, all these dreams happen on top of each other, the partially awakened ego-self just chooses to see them in sequence so to speak.
:)

I would be interesting in hearing new members thoughts on this one - and any experiences which illustrate Rob's premise. :)

I wanted to put my question into the context of her book, more particularly with her daughter's regression where she remembered a previous death in a house fire. When her daughter was regressed, she remembered seeing her parents outside of the burning house. It was said in the book that she then comprehended that her parents DID love her and that they had tried to save her.

In spite of this understanding, she still carried the last thoughts (and misconceptions she had) before death into her next life.

I often wonder - when we are stuck in a feeling of abandonment - guilt and fear; IF our feelings are based on misconception - such as Carol's daughters memory of abandonment. It's something to consider when dealing with the memories. :rolleyes:

Rob said:
Why is it that when we die and then are able to gain a perspective of wisdom and understanding, we still carry with us the last thoughts (or misconceptions)we had while in the last incarnation? To continue with the example of Carol's daughter in Children's Past Lives, why didn't she carry with her the understanding that her parents tried to save her (seeing as how that is what she learned right after the death)? How come these new "dissembodied understandings" don't cancell out, or heal, any misconceptions we may have had at the moment of death?

Why is it that we carry with us the misconceptions or traumas of life when we have a chance to understand the true meaning of those traumas between lives? Why is it we tend not to subconciously carry with us the perspective of wisdom we gain between lives?
Interesting questions!I am not sure that we become wise in between lives.That is not to say we don't learn anything between lives. But learning, i.e., obtaining information, as in above example, does not alway translate into wisdom, or real learning. What prevents this from happening is ego - whether in between lives or during one lifetime. As long we place ourselves at the center of all that unfolds around us, we cannot really learn, i.e., extract wisdom from what we experience or come to know. Above example clearly shows that our consciousness does not expand after we die. It is still limited by ego just like when we are living. Everything that I am saying here applies to the way use experience to grow within one lifetime also. There is no difference. We handle information gained during a life or in between lives in the same way.

Little correction Debora... Bhagavad-gita is Hindu related book...

Hello Debora..:thumbsup:
Bhavadgeeta is related to Buddhism...
This book preaches about HinduLifeStyle. It never told that 'Hindu' is a religion.
Hindu Religioun is not there AT ALL.
Hinduism is a LIFESTYLE.
It tells that - Sarva Hithaaya (All should be safe, prosperous)
Because of Buddhism, Muslim Invaders... it converted into a Religion.

I have had 2 lifetimes as Catholic priests. I was a renegade priest in both lives. In one, my beliefs cost me my life. In the other I had to hide for the rest of my life. In both of those lives I fought for religious freedom and against the oppression of the church.
In this life I have an absolute obsession about the subject of religious freedom. I do much to promote freedom of expression for others. My friends and lover think I am over the top with this, but I can't seem to help how I feel. I am indeed obsessed. I have accepted it, and use my time to sign or create petitions for religious freedom. I get quite political because of this. Protesting is my favorite hobby, and I have to say it is a spiritual experience for me to do so. I have not yet come to the point where I feel settled in this area YET. I can only feel grateful that I have the ability to carry on my work without the threat of death. However, I suffer greatly from certain types mostly fundamentalists. Do I mind? No. I expect this. At least I don't have to die this time...I only get tarred and feathered! Anyhow, I feel good about doing this...and maybe I can move onto the next issue after that.

The Hindu also believe your last thought will determine your next life, and where you go after death. Mahatma Gandi uttered "Krishna" when the muslim shot him to death. The hindu constantly chant the name of God inwardly to assure that they will go straight home instead of hanging around the earth plane or ending up in some seedy astral place. Yes, hinduism is a lifestyle and I like that. It keeps the hippocrisy out.

It is my understanding that forgiveness is key to overcoming this endless cycle of rebirths. In forgiving we release the other person from having to pay us for their bad deeds. This way, the lives that are left are the ones where we committed the crimes. When we forgive entirely, there is no reason to return. That means forgiveness of ourselves as well or even most of all!

Why is it that we carry with us the misconceptions or traumas of life when we have a chance to understand the true meaning of those traumas between lives?
One of the more interesting things I have read--and I wish I could remember where I read it--was a metaphor for dying and reincarnation, attributed to the ancient Egyptians. In this scenario, it was said that when a person dies, his heart (i.e., his emotions) is placed on a balance, with a feather on the other side of the balance. If his heart is lighter than a feather, he can move on from this plane. The unspoken converse is, if your heart holds onto things from this world, you won't move on.

Forgiveness = letting go.

In my view, our souls are all about emotions, and our existence is all about choices. If we become attached to this world, if we hold on to traumas or fears or hate, we have made our choices and our lives reflect these choices.

In a past life, I wanted to make everything perfect for those I loved. Events outside of my control caused things to be anything but perfect. I was so wrapped up in my desire that I hated myself for "failing" those I loved. Holding those sort of feelings directed the initial course of this life. Self-forgiveness has made all the difference in the world for me; although I do have a desire to go back to the lifestyle of the past life and get it "right"--with my new outlook on myself and life.

Dorie said:
I have to ask if anyone knows how to deal with the deeper part of us, the subconscious, that doesn't do this so easily, even when the conscious mind wants this more than anything?
The explanation may be as simple as a matter of habit--you've thought or acted in a certain way for so long it has become your default manner. In which case you'll have to be on guard to consciously alter your thoughts and behavior and thus re-train yourself.

If you feel that there is a part of your mind that won't let go, it must have a reason. Spend a lot of quiet time exploring your thoughts and feelings to allow that reason to come into your consciousness. If you find yourself encountering things that you don't want to think about, my experience tells me you must think about them, or they will remain as obstacles to your desired result.

I am bringing this back up to the top for new members to read. I've always liked reading Rob's threads and hope you'll enjoy it -- and continue to add to the discussion.

Ailish

Rob said:
Just a question that came to mind while reading Carol's first book, Children's Past Lives: I was wondering why the last thoughts before the moment of death (in a past life) can cause us to carry so much negative baggage into a new life.

I wanted to put my question into the context of her book, more particularly with her daughter's regression where she remembered a pervious death in a house fire. When her daughter was regressed, she remembered seeing her parents outside of the burning house. It was said in the book that she then comprehended that her parents DID love her and that they had tried to save her.

In spite of this understanding, she still carried the last thoughts (and misconceptions she had)before death into her next life.

Any ideas?
Love,
Rob
rob.gif

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited 05-09-2001).]

Maybe a fire I experienced when I was 5, which was 54 years ago, can provide some insight into the emotional trauma versus "what was reality" in past lives.

We lived in the first floor and my parents rented out the 2nd floor. One summer night the man who lived upstairs got drunk, and fell asleep with a burning cigarette. The fire was a 4 alarm affair, and our house sat back, high atop a hill. The entire 2nd floor was gutted, and looks like charcoal. As I write this, I am smelling that woodsy, deathly, burned out odor. I've carried that aroma with me every day of my life.

I had nightmares every night we lived in that house, until 6/13/1959, when we moved. I doubt the nightmares would have been so intense or so enduring if we hadn't moved upstairs after the remodeling. Just imagine ho much worse those memories would have been if I had been trapped in that fire, only to be rescued? How imagine if I had died. The reality for Carol's daughter's PL victim was that her parents loved her, but the true trauma was that she was abandoned and allowed to die. Which would have more of an effect on you?

John

perspective

Rob wrote: "Why is it when we die and then are able to gain a perspecitve of wisdom and understanding we still carry with us the last thoughts{ or misonceptions} we had while in the last incarnation?"

Maybe it is because we need to live those situations not just have a perspective of it.. Similar to dreaming-- we can feel something but that pattern of behaviour does not become inbedded in us until we experience and share it with people. To have a truthful perspective on something we need to have total faith in love. THis would explain how we need a certain number of the same experiences in order for the pattern of having a healthy adult perspective on the matter to set into our conscious. Learning anything takes a certain number of trials before it is second nature.

At the time of death we are dealing with alot of feelings and we may need someone to point out to us that indeed they are there for us. So for that girl she may know that her parents love her and they were trying to save her from the fire but she may also be thinking about some experience she had say a week before the fire.

Maybe she also had something else on her mind ,Maybe she was thinking that her parents were mean because the week before the fire they did not let her get the doggy she found .And she was particularly attached to dogs from a past life experience...... We do have our own attachments . And it takes time to break free of attachments to really beleive that love is all that counts.............. I still want popsicles in the hot summer months and I may have that on my mind at death instead of thinking " Oh I know my husband loves me. and is so nice -- even though he could not get me that popsicle." NAncy

Back