Traumatic Past Life Memory

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Catgirl113, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Catgirl113

Catgirl113 Member

I had this vision of this man in my mind his hands were tied to two posts and he was hanging like that. He had very short blonde hair and blue eyes. I remembered who he was, he was the father of my husband or soon to be husband and I felt a sense he was a commander or something, someone important in the community. `

I also noticed there was a soul connection with him, like I knew his energy? So I wonder if hes part of my soul family. I also believe this was around maybe the iron age in Scandinavia from the research I have done. Then it's like my mind completely blocked it out, maybe because it was too traumatic for me?

Then a few months later the same vision came back. Except this time the scene to played out. I'm not going to get into detail how he died but both his wrists were tied to two wooden posts and he was hanging from rope. It was at a village, I know this wasn't our village we were somewhere else. I believe he was captured and they executed him. I'm not speaking any details but from what I saw I know he died a slow painful death. I remember the look in his face, it was like he had no fear in him.

Everything was so real, what I saw in my mind. I really can't shake this and here I am on this website nearly a year later still looking for answers. There was a tall wooden fence behind him and I remember seeing what looked like a house with no windows. I saw the whole thing in my mind. I was shaking and crying why did they have to kill father? What I felt for this man was the same type of love I feel for my own father in this life.

During that time I also started to remember his son, I felt such deep sorrow and longing and wanting to go back to that life to go back there to be with him. Even though I believe it was an arranged marriage I know I loved his son. I don't believe we lived much past our late teens or early twenties

I still have so many questions, like why did it happen? Were we given a chance to say good bye? His son was not there, and I wonder where he was. Maybe we got separated? I know we found each other later on some how and lived a little longer because of the longing I felt. I have so much love still in my heart for both of them, I often question if I will meet them again someday.

I know I'm here right now in this life and there's many important people in my life whom I love but they are both still just as important. I know those of you who remember loved ones from past lives know how this feels. Because of the emotional trauma I experienced from this I cannot deny this was a past life, there is no way. I would not have cried for weeks like I did if it had been a random vision or dream. I know I knew this person.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2019
    Tinkerman, KenJ, Jaimie and 3 others like this.
  2. cloud potato

cloud potato Senior Registered

What I can say is that your intuition is the best guide and that you've found a very accepting place where others might not care to hear as you share something that is truly special. That's amazing recall, sorry I don't have much good advice. I know how it feels to experience a deeper love for someone from a connection to a past life or a sense of belonging to the same soul family and I know also that at some point we have to move on from our past. So my question is why do we have these very personable experiences? And if we meet these people we knew from a past life, what next? It's usually different than what it used to be. Or so it would seem? I think a part of this recall has to do with some type of self repair. Rest assured your experiences are valid and I welcome you to the message boards. Your cat looks a lot like one I used to know. I suppose that's not to uncommon either. =P

KenJ, Jaimie and fireflydancing like this.
  3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Catgirl113,

Welcome to the forum.

It's heavy to remember traumatic episodes of a former life. Unfortunately, the most traumatic memories are the first and the easiest to remember. Sometimes those memories are triggered by events in your current life. Maybe there is some situation in your life that reminds your soul of this past life. Some loved one who is treated unfairly. Or maybe you already met this fatherly figure is this life. The thing with reincarnation is that we might be reborn in a completely different shape and form. Your former father in law can be anyone of any age and any gender right now.

I agree with Cloud Potato that it's also about self-healing. You can't interfere in the past, it's over and already dealt with. The emotions, however, can still survive as frozen crystals in time. I know by personal experience how deep and raw those emotions can be when they rise to the surface. My way was to confront the pain (and rages). Not everything at once, just step by step. And I am sure there is still a lot being blocked from me and that's ok too.

The first time when I encountered this state of mind, I finally got closure after I decided to sink into the grieve of my former self (a young widow whose husband got executed for 'nothing') and into this meditative state I made a series of poems to describe the feelings of rage and despair. I finally gave her a voice and expression. After that, my current self was released from a shared burden.

The second time, it just took a lot of time to fade out. In this life, it was my former self who died involuntarily. She was still young and not very vocal (in a sense that her communication was not expressed in words, so making a poem is a bit difficult). In my last self-regression to this life, I realized that it had been my own choice (of my Higher Self) to experience this destruction of my soul. I guess I am still mending the pieces together in this current life but I also start to see a broader picture but still not a very clear one.

I just want to say that it's best to go through a healing process but there is not just one and only way to do this. Also, don't rush and don't force memories that are still blocked. Just deal with the snippets that surface and continue living with your loved ones in this life. Ultimately, we are supposed to live this life and not supposed to get stuck in old times memories.

I hope this helps a bit to handle your situation.

cloud potato, Jaimie and Eva1942 like this.
  4. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Yup... I’ve been where you are. It hurts recalling traumatic memories, and I used to wonder if recalling them did me more harm than good. But gosh, it felt so **** good to get them all and liberate myself of them. I cried for WEEKS and I literally cut myself off as I needed time to comprehend that what I remembered was real. 3.5 years later, I’m still healing from them. I’ve made a lot of progress and I’m so proud of myself for it. You will too when you discover your progress.

I don’t know what more I could say that hasn’t already been said, but getting them out and admitting to them that they are yours is one big huge step to healing. I realised that the moment the things I had recalled were my own memories, my healing because easier.

Hope you find what you are looking for here and welcome to the forum.

Eva x

Jaimie likes this.
  5. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

I need someone to state that asking not to see things that bother us is by asking for protection, and the loss of bothersome recall of it is asked for.

6. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

I hope I understand your statement. Do you say it's also good not to remember as a form of spiritual protection? And when you don't remember anything, it's just your own wish?

I fully agree with that. Personally, I don't dig into my own minefields. However, a lot of people find this forum because of spontaneous recalls of former lives, often caused by triggers. Or their spiritual wounds are carried over to this life and the infected wound bursts open and the pus flies in all directions. Sometimes protection is not equal to preventing an event but about safeguarding through processes.

In my opinion, not remembering past lives is perfectly ok and very healthy as well.

Tinkerman and Eva1942 like this.
  7. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

I'm not to be around much longer and need this information given in the future. I did this and only had two recalls other than flashbacks and stills, no trauma.

8. bluegreengrass86

bluegreengrass86 New Member

Hi,
    I'm really, truly sorry you experienced that pain and trauma. From a true life experience from a Holocaust survivor whose entire family except sister was killed in the camp, she was very young and had thought at the time "After this we are going home and we'll all be together again." We are eternal and they can't kill us completely. I truly hope and believe (for many at least) this is our last incarnation here and we can be reborn in worlds that are like "heaven" to us - where we are really from and reunited with those we love. I'm sorry that I don't have any more to give and I hope in my heart you will be drawn closer to them (even if in your heart and mind only) in this life and that's why you remembered.

Love,
    Christina

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    Tinkerman and Eva1942 like this.
  9. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Emeritus

Hello Christina, what brings you to this site? Do you have a longer story to tell, we love to hear it/them.

10. Catgirl113

Catgirl113 Member

I really hope I can see my family again from that life. It pains me to think that may of been the only life they were in.

11. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello Catgirl, and welcome. The memory you recall is certainly intense and its severity was certain to break the barrier into this life. I've known this too, and it is what brought me to the forum. You're not alone. And it sounds like you are coping with it in a mature manner. Look around the forum and you'll find many stories. Yours struck a note with me. Why? Who knows, that's why we're here, to learn to explore and live on. Blessings! ~Tman

Jaimie likes this.