Trip to an Air Force Museum/Possible PL

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Kenz1010, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

Interesting to hear that you’ve had a similar experience at a museum.

I haven’t, and I don’t think I’m ready to look into anything else. I wasn’t really focused at all on his uniform in the moment. I think that’s because overall I was just focused on getting the job done, (which just included me bashing him in the head with my rifle) as bad as that sounds. I don’t remember anything leading up to what happened, so that doesn’t help either. I’m also not sure of any names. I’m afraid of researching more into it because I don’t want anything to trigger the flashback or any other flashbacks. But I do eventually want to research and find out the rifle I had.

tanker likes this.
  2. Kenz1010

@landsend
    I wrote down everything I saw and felt in a journal. I think writing it down helped organize a lot of things for me, now I don’t feel like I have as much ‘clutter’ in my head.
    Just wanted to say thanks for the advice, I think its helped in way.

landsend likes this.
  3. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well I had time to catch up on your thread! Most of what I was going to say, was already said.

I wouldn't put any stock into what the psychic said either.. A plane triggered your memory and you were holding a rifle on the ground? That's obviously a paratrooper.

I've recently been dealing with a divorce and I've talked with people quite a lot on another forum about it and the one thing I've learned through my own experiences and watching others is you can't be afraid of "bad" feelings.. I don't know if I agree 100% with stages of grief etc, but I do think that healing is a process and I think a large part of that is processing feelings. If we don't feel them, we can't process them, accept them and move on. So my advice would be to you or all going through this, don't be afraid to have experiences.

As you mentioned, you have a lot of guilt. Maybe if you can understand why, you can process it and move on. And that's why I think reincarnation research is important. Rather than being a series of lives, it sometimes feels like one big life, where unresolved issues from the past come back to haunt us.

I can't say one size fits all, but I used to be terrified of dying and being snatched away in the middle of the night. One of the symptoms I had was that I would sleep facing the door, so that I could wake up if anyone tried to come into my room. I've read in many places that doing that is common to abuse victims and after doing research, I learned I was more or less a prisoner until the end of my life, where I lived in fear of being dragged out and executed. Having learned all that I did, I resolved many of those traumatic feelings and I understand myself more than I ever have.

It's just some friendly advice from someone whose trod that path before :)

I want to say I'm sorry the musty smell triggered such strong feelings in you :( It's strange how many of the same things trigger different feelings in others. No disrespect meant at all, but I knew the smell you were talking about. For me, it brings back fond memories. I love that smell of old webbing, canvas, nylon parkas, jackets, boots etc. preferably after they've been allowed to air out of course ha ha. I often look forward to digging out my old gear from time to time.

Have you ever thought about the military at all other than in this context? I'm just curious because I'm wondering if the source of your feelings are that the realities of war were not what you thought they were. After Pearl Harbor, many people enlisted out of patriotism, who came from worlds that had nothing to do with military and they were literally pushed out of planes into battle. It's easy to see how school teachers and other people went off to war with nothing but news reels in their heads and came back with the horrors of reality in their place. Vietnam was the first televised war and the horrors of it had a lot to do with people's perception of it, which ultimately brought about it's end. After WWII, there were untold millions that suffered in silence. A guy I have been getting to know on the divorce forum, his father is one of those people and he's currently dealing with getting over his relationship with him.

I'm not saying it's any easier for any of us, but I can understand your confliction, as I think it was common to many at the time and you surely well and truly aren't alone.

Oh! about the rifle.. there were only a few models that paratroopers carried. If you can tell us what it looked like, we can narrow it down pretty quickly. Was it made out of wood? Metal? what color was the wood? what parts were metal?

landsend, Jim78, tanker and 3 others like this.
  4. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Totoro,

Re: "Rather than being a series of lives, it sometimes feels like one big life, where unresolved issues from the past come back to haunt us."

Well said. Actually, I guess it is one big life. We tend to segment things too much, but it is difficult not to when your perceptions of existence (at least from this side of the veil) are so broken up and hampered by the memory barrier.

Cordially,
    S&S

Totoro likes this.
  5. Kenz1010

Thanks for the message!

The rifle was made mostly of wood, but at the front there was metal, (I also do recall some metal somewhere towards the center of it too) so both wood and metal. The wood was a darkish brown color. It wasn’t small either. I actually started looking up the paratroopers rifles earlier today, but there seemed to be many different kinds shown on the internet. One that was shown quite a lot was made mostly of metal, and had some metal rectangle piece coming down from it (the one from my flashback did not look like this at all). I know I’m probably explaining this horribly, but hopefully it make’s some sense.

I don’t know how to resolve the guilt, I also don’t know what the future holds with all of this and that makes me feel uneasy. I don’t know if a flashbacks going to pop up out of nowhere, while I’m in school or somewhere else, and that makes me anxious.

And no, before this I haven’t really come across topics about the military or war, besides some battles and wars that I’ve been taught in school. But the teachers seem to be quite brief when talking about these topics. The only subject they’ve ever REALLY gotten into was the holocaust.

6. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Just 2 more questions and if you know the answers I can give you the weapon as that knowledge is already there, you just don't have the name for it

Given with what you've described over various posts I already ruled out Machine Guns and am down to 2 rifles

Was it heavy?
    Had it many bullets or a little?

Jim78 likes this.
  7. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

This agrees with my experience in handling past-life trauma. For a long time I'd tried to suppress unpleasant feelings and try to get on with 'normal, everyday life'. But eventually, I realised that the only way forward was to feel those feelings, embrace it and go on a journey through the heart of those unpleasant feelings. A little at a time, day by day, it started to clear and dissolve things which had been in the background for years.

However, we all have our own lives, our own experiences, our own pains and troubles. I wouldn't presume to say what is best for anyone else.

landsend, Kenz1010 and tanker like this.
  8. Kenz1010

Yes, I forgot to mention it seemed it was heavy and thick (?not sure how to explain it). As for the bullets, I’m not quite sure.

Was there a time period were one rifle/ gun was used more than the other? So maybe I could pinpoint a time period?

9. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

No but there were various weapons for various tasks, you have machine gunners, riflemen used a M1 Garand and 'others' (radio operators, mortarmen, ammo carriers) they used a M1 Carbine and there were a few unofficial weapons that were just 'liberated' from the armory and used as they saw fit

The fact that you mention a wood/metal combo that's heavy leaves me to one rifle, the M1 Garand one of the best rifles ever made
    The Carbine was lightweight and pretty much useless for over 30 ft and thick clothing

Check the photo if it rings any bells
    http://candrsenal.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/USA-Rifle-M1-Garand.jpeg

Jim78 likes this.
  10. Kenz1010

Yeah! I believe that’s the one.

While I was trying to figure out which one, majority of the paratroopers in the pictures were holding that sort of metal (with those rectangle metal parts coming down) gun. I did see some carrying ones that looked like the one I had (but I didn’t see many) but I wasn’t 100% sure of the name of the rifle and it didn’t seem to pop up on many websites, thanks for clarifying.

Question, why’d they have different types? Like why would one person have a machine gun, and then another have a rifle?

11. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Because combat is a tricky business, machine guns are good to provide covering fire because they can shoot hundreds of rounds per minute, they also work good to stop attacks from the enemy by being able to shoot multiple attackers in seconds

Rifles are good for longer distance, self defense, for assaults

Carbines yeah what was that piece of junk good for again? Oh yeah for up close other than that it was pretty useless, the Germans had better carbines, the K98K, compared to the US M1 Carbine

Sending everyone out with a MG is useless, everyone a rifle is also useless but a combination of riflemen with machine gunners (there are usually 2 or 3 machine gunners in a platoon)has proven time and time again to work

landsend and Jim78 like this.
  12. Totoro

Garand was my guess to, you beat me too it! Carbines were absolute garbage. They remind of the survival rifles you'd get in pilot's survival kits. She mentioned heavy though, so I was thinking BAR. I wouldn't consider the Garand to be big or bulky, but it's all relative.

What CanSol is talking about is squad tactics. Each group of guys would have a designated role. In WW2, there wasn't really a mobile machine gun, aside from the browning automatic rifle. You'd usually have that for suppressing fire, a couple Garands, M3s or Thompsons and a Springfield or two with a scope on it. The idea being that several men can provide suppressing and direct fire at different engagement distances. There's all different types of squad formations too, it's not like the movies where everyone walks in a line with their rifles over their shoulders. The last thing you want to do in combat is bunch up.

I don't either and I understand more where she's coming from now, with her subsequent posts. I wouldn't want to have a flashback in the middle of class while watching a film or something either..

However between me and watching my wife and some of the people on the divorce forum I'm on (which kind of provides a nice multi lives vs current life analogy) I feel I would be remiss in not encouraging people to move forward, one way or the other. My wife is dealing with a "rut" that extends between lives and it's caused her a great amount of pain and grief, that stems from her past lives and I'm also watching people deal with troubled pasts in this life as well.

I don't think that being comfortable and finding loop holes and other escape routes is a viable option, when I've seen how painful it is. I often tell my son that avoiding doing a simple chore is harder and takes longer than actually doing it and I think that's true too of dealing emotional trauma. It's hard at first, but once you get going and find people and resources that can help you and you allow them into your life, it gets easier.

I've seen so much suffering now and in many lives because people are afraid to change. As someone whose been a teacher, guide, leader etc, I fully believe that we all are deserving of peace and happiness. I think too, it's just a question of when, not if. We're all on different paths and no on is better or worse than the others.

13. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

The Garand is considered a heavy rifle, the BAR and Tommy Gun weren't as much used with the Airbornes as movies let the public believe

There were 3 main weapons
    M1 Garand
    M1 Carbine (regular or folding stock)
    And the Browning M1919 Medium Machine Gun
    The BAR (M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle) was used in some units

However the criteria was wood/metal combo and that rules out the MGs as they were mostly to fully metal, plus heavy weight and the history of a specific memory equals Garand

14. Kenz1010

The thing I don’t understand is why this has been left dormant for so long. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around. Why wouldn’t I have vividly remembered something when I was younger? Why has this all been hitting me so hard now? The timing just seems odd, I don’t understand it. The only think I can think of is I think it was like my consciousness shifted right after my surgery, I’ve been a completely different person since I’ve woken up from it. Not as much in the personality aspect, but spiritually, everything feels so different since then. I remember being in ICU and I was awake that day from 6:30 in the morning, had the surgery, then was awake all the way through till the next day at about 4 in the morning. I was actually wired and everything has been a roller coaster since then.

15. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Some like me have memories from as long as I can remember others like Jim get them later and some not at all
    Why? I have no idea
    You mentioned ICU, do you know if CPR was performed? Could be that the answer lies in that

16. Kenz1010

No, they didn’t mention any major complications with the surgery. The only reason I was put in ICU that day and overnight was so they could monitor my heart rythym, as it seems the heart goes wack after this surgery. They did say it was weird though, how I was so awake, and awake for that long. For the somewhat small amount of people who’ve gotten the surgery MOST everyone cannot help sleeping the whole day and days afterwards. But I was so strung up and felt like I could actually run a marathon. Don’t know if it’s just some weird reaction to anesthesia or something else but it was definitely a weird experience.

Speedwell likes this.
  17. Totoro

Wasn't the m1919 an emplaced weapon? Maybe I'm laying my knowledge of modern tactics over history... I thought the BAR would have been more prevelant.

Garand is heavy? In military designation or actual weight? I was thinking in weight and the M14 is where guns start getting heavy for me lol.

Kenz, I think the timing and triggering are different for everyone and for vastly different reasons. Seeing the plane could have been very simply enough to be the trigger in the beginning.

18. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Kenz, as I said before it’s took me 26 years to start accessing my memories but actually did access them as a child and subsequently forgot. That type of amnesia is very common, the same as it’s difficult to recall childhood memories but if you meditated on them they would come to the surface, much the same as your past life memories. In fact as a gateway to my past life memories sometimes all I have to do is recall a childhood scene from this life, and I then find it very easy to access my past life memories. Almost as if the memories are interlocked and connected. You could try that during meditation some time.

Kenz1010 and Speedwell like this.
  19. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

No the M1919 was the standard MG for Airborne troops, we just called it "the 30 cal" say that to any Airborne WWII vet and they instantly know what you mean, the biggest downside beside it's size is that it doesn't have a safety switch and during a reenactment event I was more than happy that it had blanks because we had a few accidental discharges with that thing (keep in mind blanks can kill too)

The Garand is considered heavy in weight but also in firepower, you could shoot atleast 600 yards and your target would stay down
    The M14 wasn't invented yet and weight wise there isn't much difference between the Garand (9.5lb/4.3kg) and the M14 (9.2lb/4.2kg) weigth is empty so the Garand is actually heavier but only held 7 round clips

20. Totoro

Are you talking about one of the later M1919 variants? The one I know is like the M2, just tripod mounted. However, even with the bipod and stock, man that thing is unweidly. I'd rather have had an MG42. I'm just used to the advancing line of fire doctrine that was promoted for the M14 and BAR. I know the BAR entered too late for WW1, so I always figured it was used more commonly in WWII. I've seen a few M1919s and an M2 or two in reenactments and games and I never would have thought of it as a "go to" MG. I've never seen one off the tripod..

Shows what little I know lol.

No, I know the m14 came later, I've just always been familiar with the 12 pound weight in nearly everything I've read, obviously that was wrong. Although I'm not surprised at all they're close in weight; they're essentially the same gun. The Garand is heavier probably because of the internal magazine whereas the M14 has the area milled out for the detachable one. I've never held or shot a Garand, but the M14 I used, I could have swore it was closer to or just over 12 pounds, loaded. I never cared for the EBR, it was lighter, but too front heavy and it was uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. The Army, from what I heard, was supposed to be transitioning to the HK 417. Although I'm sure that was one of those "we'll consider it" things..