Truth Please!

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by coke, Jun 3, 2001.

1. coke

coke Guest

Charles,

I am Coke Smith, 38 years old, living in the north west USA. No kids. Working as a teacher. Recently separated

I agree that Tia's reading does not prove or disprove anything, and who knows why it came out the way it did...I would have no basis for any conclusions either way...

I find it interesting that you feel that I am trying so hard to disprove reincarnation and things along those lines. It must me the way I present my arguments, and after rereading a few of them, I can see why you would think that. Actually, the opposite is the truth. I am trying to prove the exitence of it all! If only you could know how hard I have tried.

Like I mentioned earlier, I lost my second wife to a very rare and fast acting disease. It left me wanting more than anything to re-evaluate my atheistic way of looking at things. Having my beautiful wife simply be "gone" was impossible to bare. To make a very long story short, I started a massive crusade. I read just about everything I could get my hands on that was about past lives, regression, psychic phenomena, NDE's - the works. It all sounded great! But it was all anecdotal, so the scientist in me needed more. I then started to seek out evidence for myself - I went to the sources - Wiess, Edwards, Van Praage, and their protoges...I attempted first hand regressions, readings from the big boys and girls, and all sorts of other things that I am actually too embarrassed to mention. I came to the conclusion that they were all frauds and out for the $$$$. Most of their information was further off than what Tia read. I was about 0 for 1000, so I became very jaded indeed.

Don't get me wrong, there have been some incidents that make me continue the pursuit, but everything I have experienced could have logical alternative explanations. So I am looking for more - much more.

So, as you can see, I am searching very hard for evidence in support of reincarnation. The inner peace that knowledge would give me to know that it is true would be priceless. But I am too much of a scientist to accept anything less that rock-solid proof. And you and many of the other participants in this debate are probably right - I might never find what I am looking for. But I am not going to stop - what else do I have???

But, Charles, I would never intentionally do anything to sabotage your faith - I hope you and the others realize that is the furthest from my wishes.

2. coke

coke Guest

Oops I forgot: October 26, 1962

3. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Coke,

That was a very sweet reply. I felt for you for having lost your wife and fully understand your quest, as I also went through it. Fortunately, for me, after a lot of searching, I believe I have received enough to convince me, and yes, it has made all the difference in the world to me. Without my beliefs in reincarnation and the afterworld, I don't think I might even have managed to get through some phases in my life, and I am indeed a much happier person for it.
    Upon reflection, and not attempting to look for feable excuses, I began to think that Tia Rita's reading was still "locked" on me. Before I asked her to do the reading about you, I had been discussing with her the fact that my teenage son, after having been in university for a year, has decided to stop studying engineering. As I, when I was eighteen, left my family behind in England to return to Brazil and had to therefore start working and stop studying, the repetition of the process that happened to me repeating itself with my son seems obvious and coherent. Yes, I am married and have a son. My head is not firm in my searches regarding reincarnation and the afterlife. There are moments (such as last night) in which I have my doubts just as anyone else (though now they are much less frequent). I am also searching and have not found the solution (evidence - concrete evidence) I am looking for. I told you this would be a dream for me.
    I am shooting all this off as fast as I can because I have to get off to work and will only be back late at night. So will talk to you later.

Have a great day all,

Charles

4. Franklin

Franklin Guest

Charles, I too was disappointed in the reading of Coke. It was so genaric that it could have applied to me or to anyone. I hope you didn't have to pay for the reading since it didn't amount to much.

5. Charles Stuart

Hello Franklin,

Well, I thought I would be out all day as I had planned to have lunch with my son to discuss his decision, but will be seeing him tonight instead.
    I don’t know if I can agree that the reading was too generic, though I admit it was as disappointing to me as it probably was for others, perhaps even for Coke in particular. The basis was regarding some traumatic event that happened in the period between childhood and adulthood (teenage years) that could be repeating itself with a son and, the more I reflect upon it, the more I am reaching the conclusion that the reading was still “locked” on me.
    When I was 16 my parents moved from Brazil to England and this event was indeed a “cut” (interruption) in my life. I did not adapt to life in England so as soon as I was 18 I left my family behind and returned on my own to Brazil. This event has brought consequences that have lasted all my life: separation from family, the need to begin to work at an early age and to only have been able to obtain a university degree much later in life, not having a present father figure who could have given me guidance at certain phases of my life...
    My parents separated when I was 10, as my mother left my father to live with a friend of the family. This same process repeated itself in my first marriage, and Alick (my son) is a son from my first marriage. The process repeated itself. He is now thinking of abandoning his university course and I have indeed been very concerned about his decision and worried that he might end up going through the same process I went through. The reading was not so inaccurate if looked upon from this context. In fact, it was dead accurate.
    As for roots in Africa, I do believe I have lived a life there, which would also explain why I am now, in this life, involved in a line of religion of African origin.
    I could even mention a karmic process based on all this: I believe I lived a life in WWII as a German air-force pilot and, in that life, took the life of a woman who was expecting a child of mine. In this life, my karmic rescue seems to rotate around my relationship to my father (who moved to the States when I was 12 and was therefore never a present figure in my life) and my responsibilities and obligations to my children. Alick was born when I was only just 21. Through dreams I recognized my first wife as the woman whose life I took in Germany, and her present husband (whom she left me for) as her father in that life. Therefore, I had to karmatically go through the same pains of loss that I inflicted upon them in that life.
    From my second marriage I have three children. And my second wife is whom I believe was once Flora Macdonald in my life as Charles Stuart. My youngest son, Victor, I believe was once William Duke of Cumberland, my mortal enemy in that life.
    It is true I had never seen Tia Rita so off target, but perhaps she was not. Perhaps the reading was indeed “locked” on MY mental projections and not on Coke’s.
    You know, Coke, I have learned that “faith” is still very much a part of the issue, as it has always been. I have found that the more one “believes” the more one is given the basis on which to believe. It is almost like some sort of merit system, and in fact the reading seems to have ended up directing the attempt to find evidence to me and not to you.
    I will give it another shot based on the information about yourself that you so generously handed out, and then we can see if it will be more coherent or not.
    Franklin, as for paying, the medium who incorporates Tia Rita (amidst other entities), Mrs. Luiza, dedicates her whole time and life to what she does. I do not find that it is an exploitation that she should charge for her time (US$ 20.00 for a consultation). I am therefore forced to disagree with what you are insinuating. I have had ample evidence given to me personally through her and the spiritual center I frequent. I am, in fact, also an incorporating medium, and I would like to see what explanation science would give to what happens and what I feel when I incorporate.
    But then, all this could indeed just be a load of nonsense...

Light to all of you,

Charles

6. coke

coke Guest

Dorie,

Weiss was the beginning of my true skepticism. I spoke to him personally once at his office in Florida, but he was not taking new clients - he is doing book tours and large seminars with hundreds of people. He did give me a list of people he had personally trained in my region however. Wow what a group that was! According to them, I was a Cambodian, and a millionaire who needed to donate large sums of money in their banks accounts in order to facilitate their efficient channeling....and many other really really far out things. When I questoined anything, I was very arrogantly put down! I would still like to have sessions with the famous ones, but I am probably more skeptical about them than anyone as they are so money oriented... Strangely enough the most amazing experience was in a small book store in California where I saw a man giving "Readings" for free. I had no idea that it was a psychic reading. I was so naive to think that it was a booking reading and he was the author... In any event, I got a reading from him, and he did have several direct or near direct hits! Still though, nothing 100% conclusive...But he was the one who basically started me on my crusade...

7. QaHearts

QaHearts Senior Registered

Coke,
    I think your problem with the whole reincarnation concept is stemming from the fact that you see this as a "New Age" concept. Yes, if that's the way you view it, you'll gravitate towards those who are trying to make money off another "New Age" possibility. With that, you'll find unscrupulous individuals who'll try to make money anyway they can.
    Reincarnation IS NOT new age. It's been around longer than Jesus Christ. I'm not going to elaborate more here because I don't believe there is anything anyone can say or do that will convince you. But, that's your right also.

8. Charles Stuart

Coke,

Why do you say according to THEM? Did you do regression or were you just told these things?
    Also, I am curious to know what technique the man in the store used to make the reading that was more accurate for you.
    As for a reading being generic and not 100% accurate, I believe this is due to the techniques that are used. It is not like seeing something in a film. They are usually "insights". I have had some astonishingly accurate ones done by Tia Rita for which I cannot find any "rational" explanation.
    It does indeed happen, though, that a person receiving the reading can "block" herself to such a degree with doubt that the reading ends up being impossible.
    Tia Rita is also capable of sometimes seeing "holographic" pictures about a person, including seeing parts of a person's organism that might contain some form of illness. I have seen this happen. Amidst other things, she predicted my wife was pregnant of my daughter when my wife must have been only two weeks pregnant and we did not even suspect about it.
    There is so much to it all, but unfortunately all this can perhaps even be considered as evidence, but not as "proof".

Light,

Charles

9. coke

coke Guest

Qa Hearts

Beleive me, I don't see this as a purely new age concept at all. I am fully aware of the long history of reincarnation. It's just that the new age community in the west is the most accessible and is claiming to have the answers, so I have dabbled in it. But, to be honest, I have pretty much given up on the new age stuff.

I have spent a serious amount of time in India, Tibet, Nepal, Viet Nam and some other places that study/practice religions that accept reincarnation. I respect what I have seen and studied, but the search for confirmation continues...

10. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Hi Coke,

My feeling is that your answers will come when you're not looking and in a way you least expect.

Susie

11. Franklin

Franklin Guest

Charles, I had my wife read Coke's first posting without reading any followup. She said that Coke has a great sense of guilt and loss. Then she read the rest of the postings. She feels that the reading was very accurate and that Coke is not being totally honest with himself and possibly us. This is in no way to put Coke down but is a safety net to cover grief and quite possibly his/her feelings of lack of imortality. Coke's gender comes across to her very confusing. At times female and other times male. So Coke could be a woman instead of a man or perhaps a man or a woman in a homosexual relationship. (This is also not a put down. Just a confusion of emotions coming from your posting, Coke.) She also doubts that Coke is a scientist. At least not in the way represented. However, there should be no guilt about being the one left behind. She thinks that Coke's wife had a great faith and because he doubts his faith there is the fear of never being together again. Love conquers all whether you believe in reincarnation, God, or nothing at all. Open your heart, Coke, she said.

12. Charles Stuart

Hi all,

I just wanted to make a quick comment: I feel far more attracted to the "New Age" concepts than to the shadows of the "Dark Ages".
    I have a personal opinion that the advent of the discovery of the reality of reincarnation (which is also called "The 3rd Revelation") is at the foundation of what has been predicted for so long as the beginning of the Age of Aquarius.
    You know, it is a delight to have a place such as this board where one can share such thoughts without being instantly seen as someone who has "gone off their rockets".
    My most sincere thanks to all of you...

Love,

Charles

13. gloria

gloria Guest

I have really enjoyed reading this discussion! It reminds me of a Thomas Payne reading titled The Age of Reason. I think a common idea that keeps coming up but has yet to be named is "faith".

Coke- best of luck on your journey.

14. coke

coke Guest

Well, not sure what else I can sat, but the below exemplifies why I have some of the opinions that I do:

Quote from Franklin:
    "...She feels that the reading was very accurate and that Coke is not being totally honest with himself and possibly us. This is in no way to put Coke down but is a safety net to cover grief and quite possibly his/her feelings of lack of imortality. Coke's gender comes across to her very confusing. At times female and other times male. So Coke could be a woman instead of a man or perhaps a man or a woman in a homosexual relationship. (This is also not a put down. Just a confusion of emotions coming from your posting, Coke.) She also doubts that Coke is a scientist. At least not in the way represented. However, there should be no guilt about being the one left behind. She thinks that Coke's wife had a great faith ..."

15. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Franklin:

I have followed and responded to this thread from the start and, with all due respect, I disagree with your wife's reading. Coke came here on a quest asking for answers and every ounce of my intuition tells me he is being up front and honest with us.

Coke:
    I admire your tenacity and your fire for knowledge. Hang in there, hang out here, your answers will come in time.

All:
    Thanks for such a great discussion!

Susie

------------------
    Free will allows me to choose my path, but my Higher Power lights the way....

16. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi All

I have to agree with Susie, Coke has been very open and honest and upfront about his beliefs and feelings right from the start – I don’t think he would have stayed in this thread if he was simply being dishonest with himself. I truly think he is searching, but has just not found the right answer within himself yet, that’s all. Coke’s mind is obviously very left brained, logical and analytical, which is why he is searching for something he can’t just simply explain away…something that logic cannot dictate…and something that lays easy on his shoulders…as to what this experience is, I’m not sure, but I’m sure when it comes, Coke will be aware of it in EVERY way.

*Sorry to speak of you as a third person Coke, my intent was only to express my own feelings on what it is you are looking for, which of course, only you really know.

As to evidence…I’m really not sure if this will stick at all with you Coke, I’ve held out on sharing it up till now, because I doubt it contains any element of truth to you necessarily, as it was obviously one of my personal experiences…and well, you don’t know me from Adam…but I just wondered if an experience such as the one I’m about to cut and paste from a post long ago, is what you would consider “truth” if of course, it was your experience to share.

Sorry so long.

------------------
    Lots of Love
    Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 06-08-2001).]

17. Charles Stuart

Hi Guys,

Just felt I had to say "ditto" regarding Coke.
    But, my friend, if you are truly searching for this personal evidence, just stating that anything can be proved by science is not helping...
    The questions regarding whether you have ever done meditation and the techniques used in the reading are very relevant. Could you reply to them? I think we are all attempting to help in this respect.

Light,

Charles

18. DJ

DJ Senior Registered

Coke and all,

I just read this entire thread thru for the first time.

Coke, welcome to the forum.

It looks like you are looking for, and to use the word you used, "confirmation." Confirmation can be a very relative word. What confirms, or proves, something to one person is doodles on paper to another.

Maybe the "search" for "confirmation" is what is meant for you right now. I also praise you in that you ARE looking.

Light,

DJ

19. barbara

barbara Senior Registered

Hi Coke! Just wanted to jump back in again and ask a question, if it's not too personal. In your first posts, you mentioned you were on a quest, like Houdini. As I remember, Houdini had an interest in the metaphysical and was also skeptic. I think he and his wife made some sort of signal to be given to his wife if indeed there was an afterlife, something like that. I don't think she ever got it, or ever said what it was.

Anyway, I was wondering if you have recieved any messages thru dreams from your wife who died. My mother died when she was 42 from a cerebral aneurysm. The funeral home "fixed" her with bangs and cyclamen pink lipstick. She never wore bangs and always wore true red lipstick. So, she didnt really look like my mother. For about 6 months, I would have dreams with the "funeral look". Then one night, after a 36 hour no-sleep period, I had a dream. I was in a beautiful shaded arbor with trees and redwood type benches and a lot of people. Now, I had never seen anything like that at all, because I was raised in West Texas panhandle and there were no trees, much less arbors. My mother came up to me and she looked beautiful, like her old self. I was so happy I said "Oh, I'm so glad to see you, I thought you had died" and she said "I only came back to tell you goodbye, that I am fine, and I am going to be going to another place." Well, by then I was bawling and woke myself up, but I never had another dream about her, and felt good after the grief was gone. Now, this was when I was very young, and had no idea of what reincarnation or afterlife experience was about and only had my traditional upbringing of heaven and hell. But, as I got older, I realized death is simply going to another dimension, and that dream has been comforting to me in coming to that realization. It was a healing dream.

So, I guess what I'm asking, is have you had some healing dream or other event that allows you to see or communicate with your wife?

love, as always, barbara

20. coke

coke Guest

Hello all!

Thanks for sticking up for me! I have been honest all the way through.

Kelly - thanks for sharing your story. Basically I am looking for something like that. I do have so many facts in my head that only my wife and I would know, that if I heard a medium state a series of things so specific, I would definitely start to soften my doubts...I would love it if someone even came close - but it really would have to be specifi - no doubts. Not something that could "kinda fit my situation..." Sounds like you have had such an experience! Congrats!

Charles - meditation - yes i do it, but I cannot say that I have any revelations through it. But I must admit that I am not the best meditator as far as going deep is concerned. I am working on this - mainly for relaxation but in the deep recesses of my mind, I am looking forward the possibility of having and out of body experience or somehting like that....

Barbara - you mention dreams. I don't often remember a lot of details from my dreams. But I do remember having dreams if not the specifics. For the first year or two after she died, I think I dreamt about/with her nearly every night and several times in a night. It has reduced in number lately, but I do still have some with her - the other night was pretty much an all nighter filled with dreams starring her. But to date, I haven't had some sort of closure dream or a conclusionary dream...Most of our dreams are of us traveling, doing mundane daily things - hey don't get me wrong - I really look forward to sleep! It's the only place I still see her sometimes...I love these dreams.