• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Trying to make sense of whats happening to me

Vlad

I'm not sure where to begin...

I suppose I'm just trying to make sense of whats happening to me. since the age of 14 I have remembered things that it feels like I shouldn't be able to. one of the first things I remembered is being some kind of ancient janissary. since then I have had more memories and some changes in my reflexes and survival skills to the point that when I was 15 I was helping defend my friend from being jumped on his way home from school by one of the gangs from my old school. all in all I fought 3 guys who were each at least 6ft and broad shouldered. I took them down like it was nothing using hand to hand skills I had never been taught or used before. the people who attacked us ended up running off and I didn't see them again.

since then a number of other things have happened involving memories or skills I shouldn't have. if there is anyone who has been through something similar or knows why this could be happening feel free to respond

I'm not sure where to begin...

I suppose I'm just trying to make sense of whats happening to me. since the age of 14 I have remembered things that it feels like I shouldn't be able to. one of the first things I remembered is being some kind of ancient janissary. since then I have had more memories and some changes in my reflexes and survival skills to the point that when I was 15 I was helping defend my friend from being jumped on his way home from school by one of the gangs from my old school. all in all I fought 3 guys who were each at least 6ft and broad shouldered. I took them down like it was nothing using hand to hand skills I had never been taught or used before. the people who attacked us ended up running off and I didn't see them again.

since then a number of other things have happened involving memories or skills I shouldn't have. if there is anyone who has been through something similar or knows why this could be happening feel free to respond

Hi, I have done this exact thing a few times. Whenever the situation is really dangerous, I have done insane things I should not be able to. Sometimes when it was nothi g dangerous, as well. Picked up a bow for the first time a couple of years ago and hit the bullseye at 20-25 yards/meters. The instructor asked me if I had been shooting much before. It was the first time, supposedly. It has been the same with a handful of other things.

Do you remember more than one life? I have never heard that Janissaries were practiced in unarmed martial arts. Then again, I am no expert on the Ottoman Empire, by any means. I just know the Janissaries were mainly kidnapped slavic boys raised to become warriors.

I remember a few different lifetimes. I also went shooting with a friend of mine at a gun range I hit pretty much all the lethal spots on the target without even meaning to. Then when asked to aim for the waist I managed to get all but a few shots in the waistline area. I dont know to much about janissaries either but based on what I could find it seemed like the right word.

I remember a few different lifetimes. I also went shooting with a friend of mine at a gun range I hit pretty much all the lethal spots on the target without even meaning to. Then when asked to aim for the waist I managed to get all but a few shots in the waistline area. I dont know to much about janissaries either but based on what I could find it seemed like the right word.

Have you done any proper past life regression?

Such as:
https://m.wikihow.com/Remember-Your-Past-Lives

Strongly recommended. If you do it, there is not much need to speculate.

I have done what it says to do but I dont always see a past life when I do it. Sometimes it's like I go somewhere else. I'm not sure how to explain it.

You're probably remembering things like that for a reason. Maybe just go with it and see where you end up.

Based on my own experience, past life traits (especially things like survival skills) tend to stick with you and can manifest themselves when you need them. Like learning how to ride a bike, you can't forget.

Many of my past selves were well over twice my size (linebacker sized dudes), so I don't have much use for their fist fighting surviving tactics these days. I did, however, have a weird thing about medicinal herbs as a kid. Despite not being taught about it, I knew how to prepare them.

You're probably remembering things like that for a reason. Maybe just go with it and see where you end up.

Based on my own experience, past life traits (especially things like survival skills) tend to stick with you and can manifest themselves when you need them. Like learning how to ride a bike, you can't forget.

Many of my past selves were well over twice my size (linebacker sized dudes), so I don't have much use for their fist fighting surviving tactics these days. I did, however, have a weird thing about medicinal herbs as a kid. Despite not being taught about it, I knew how to prepare them.

I weigh 110 kilos (242 lbs) at average Swedish (and incidentally white american) height (5'10). Because I strength train, I am a lot more bulgy than strictly necessary. I enjoy that, though. Might come in handy if I would like to wrestle a bit or snap a neck or two. But strictly speaking not necessary and maybe even not to any kind of advantage. In this age where firearms reign supreme, being large is pretty much a moot point in an armed conflict. Big guys are big targets. Having some weight and strength in order to be able to effectively use heavier caliber service rifles and handguns and carry a lot of ammo for it can be a big plus, but anything in excess of weighing 90 or so kilograms dry when well-trained is distinctly superflous and being too tall or wide only presents a larger target. Even long distance running and other things tall people are traditionally good at is not so important anymore, usually, when there are a plethora of vehicles. Many of which are built for average sized people and awkward for big guys to shoot out of or even operate. Perhaps the fastest tactical allaround shooter in the world, Jerry Miculek, is a potbellied old midget at 166 cm or 5 foot 5. With a distinctly jolly disposition and some kind of Southern Santa cheers of joy when shooting. Hands like toilet seats. Tiny people can be deadly, these days. Truly great shooters come in many shapes and sizes. I believe it is a good thing that the man is not a killer. He could more than likely kill off a squad of supposedly well-trained soldiers in a couple of seconds. Not an exaggeration, if you take a look at that absolute madman. Not only are some people inhumanly fast, they hit what they aim at under stress as well. The main point is that guns are an amazing force multiplier and game-changer. Fighting is less about physique and physical strength than about actual training, these days. I like that. It enables an intelligent man to win a battle against many opponents. An unlikely scenario in, say, the middle ages, when strength definitely mattered in a fight between armored opponents. Anyway, enough. Just wanted to illustrate a point. Fear the shrimps.

Hi Ritter,

I'm not really up on the shooting world, but nonetheless had come across "Jelly" Bryce in some of my prior wanderings across the internet. He has always appealed to me as he and the weapons he used are modern enough to satisfy an oldster like me (who still likes revolvers), while the style he used with a handgun is classic point shooting on the move. Plus, he proved both his own abilities and his techniques in numerous gun fights in the field. Of course, he apparently had lightning reflexes and incredible hand-eye coordination, so the way he did things might not work for most people, but that is almost always the way it is for the best of the best:

"On one occasion a reporter took a verbal shot at Bryce, when he asked, “Aren’t you interested in bringing them back alive.”

Unfazed by the question the honorable gun fighter gave an answer that resonates for police officers to this very day. Bryce fired back, “I’m more interested in bringing myself back alive.”

After the untimely but necessary demise of a number of gangsters at the hands of Special Agent Jelly Bryce a phenomenon developed, which was called the “Bryce Effect.” Law enforcement officers at the scenes of stand-offs only need call Bryce to the scene and suspects would surrender without a shot being fired."

"Bryce was involved in gun fights armed with everything from a Thompson sub machine-gun to a .38 caliber revolver and was a master with all. His personal favorite was a Smith and Wesson .44 caliber revolver. It sported a pearl handled grip, embossed with a black cat and the number 13, which proved unlucky for criminals. Bryce, however, affectionately called the pistol “Lucky”

In 1945 Life magazine did a photographic study of Bryce dropping a coin, drawing, firing and hitting the coin before it passed his waist. Experts determined Bryce was able to draw and make that incredible shot in two fifths of a second."

The above quotes are from a good overall article here--
https://www.policeone.com/police-hi...yce-was-possibly-the-fastest-gunfighter-ever/
Another good one focusing a bit more on his methods of practice and technique can be found here--https://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/jelly-bryces-shooting-stance/

The second article is interesting for another reason. The author has a book based on the two political types--r/K--from the standpoint of evolutionary biology, which he briefly explains in the right hand margin. I'm not sure about the "evolutionary biology", but I think there is an underlying premise for each style that is interesting. Likewise, I think you will find his analysis very true overall.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--His nick-name "Jelly" came from a gangster who referred to him derisively as a "Jellybean"--which apparently meant a dressed up dandy at the time, with perhaps some overtones of not being very tough. The last was, of course, not true. However, he was known his whole life for being a snappy dresser.

Okay, I've got to enter Ed McGinern's name into this thread. In that 2/5's of a second spoken of above (actually 9/20 of a second rather than 8/20, but close enough), Ed fired five shots from a revolver into a target with a grouping the size of a half-dollar.
But it seems that we are hijacking the thread with such stories - sorry for my distraction.

Hi Ken,

I don't know how Ed's hand was positioned when they started the timer. Was it near the holster? With Jelly, it started with his arm extended at shoulder height dropping a coin or poker chip, then he would bring it down, draw the pistol from a hip holster, and fire in time to hit the chip before it passed his waist (while dropping into his characteristic shooting crouch). So, we may be talking about apples and oranges in terms of comparisons. Nonetheless, I'm not dissing Ed. I'm not familiar with a lot of these guys, but Ed was obviously a master. I'm going to see if I can get a copy of his book and find out about his techniques. (Jelly didn't write a book, so that makes it more difficult to understand his techniques). Not that this will make me a master! These guys started young, and had phenomenal physical gifts, while I'm a near-sighted old clunker. o_O Still, it couldn't hurt! Anyhow, here is a more detailed biographical article:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/iccf/one-of-the-last-true-gunfighters-t1001.html

As you can tell, Bryce ultimately died of a broken heart after the love of his life died, but he seemed to also be suffering from some PTSD (or "nerves" as we used to call such things) by that time. It may not be possible to go through numerous gun fights, often 1 one 1, and kill 19 baddies without some repercussions. But, in his favor on the larger question of who was the best, I'm not sure any of the other competitors can say that they performed their most notable feats with someone else shooting (or trying to shoot) at them.

Cordially,
S&S

PS--I'm not ultimately as practical as Ritter and a lot of people. This probably comes from growing up on old Cowboy movies, and black-and-white war movies and gangster movies on TV. I tend to gravitate towards revolvers and WWII and Korean War military equipment. :cool:

I shouldn't have posted it in a way that seemed like a competition, it was just the time of less that half a second to do something. I'm lucky to hit a playing card with my revolver any more let alone doing it repeatedly five times in very short order as Ed was known to do, and with either hand. I added a video to my previous post showing Ed and a few others doing things that I dreamed of doing when I was a youngster. Ed is shown at about the 45 minute mark.

Hi Ken,

I had a chance to watch Ed on the Youtube--truly amazing! I think my two favorites were his "fanning" videos and his simultaneous left hand/right hand shooting of aerial targets. The fanning videos prove that some of the good ol' fashioned cowboy stars of my childhood TV days could (at least theoretically) have done some of the things they "accomplished" on screen. Likewise for the two at once! Thanks!

In terms of Jelly, here is an interesting FBI training film from 1961 demonstrating the continuing impact Jelly Bryce had on firearm usage for law enforcement. I enjoyed reading some of the comments underneath, which are mostly sneers at "outdated" techniques mixed with a few hurrahs! After one snarky comment that the technique was useless, someone archly pointed out that the people pictured were consistently hitting their targets. I think this is like a lot of martial arts debates that go on in terms of what is best, and what will REALLY work on the street or in combat. What works is what works for YOU, but I definitely wouldn't count out those guys I am looking at in this training film. They are definitely getting the job done with their range targets and look steely eyed enough to get it done on the street as well.

Cordially,
S&S

Back