Underground tunnels (Italy?)

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Miss Kelly, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

I recall dreaming of these strange underground tunnels that gave me a very weird feeling that I'd been there before and thinking about it now makes my heart feel funny (its hard to describe, sort of like when you unexpectedly see someone you love ).

I got the sense that I was in some part of Italy, I kept thinking of either Pompeii or Venice but they are miles apart so I'm not sure.

The tunnels were big and dark and I remember walking along them alone and afraid. I also recall some odd group of guys holding candles and wearing these red (possibly yellow) pointy hats/masks and walking along by me not taking any notice until one guy grabbed my arm (I'm pretty sure). The guys were obviously some sort of cult.

Anyone heard of any tunnels in Italy near either Pompeii or Venice or somewhere that looks like a combination of the two? Or cults that wore red/yellow pointy hats?

Oh yeah an I'm pretty sure there was a beach involved somewhere.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi MK,

I don't know about particular areas, but tunnels of this type have been used for burial since time immemorial in different parts of Europe, so this doesn't seem like an unusual scenario to me. The Catacombs of Rome as well as those under Paris are famous, but you may need to explore Wikipedia on particular cities to see what is there. I have seen pictures or paintings of people dressed like those you speak of somewhere, but I would need to research that a bit more. I vaguely have an idea that this is ecclesiastical attire of a type associated with (or worn) by Church authorities or appointees when executing sentence on someone for heresy, etc., but that's not anything firm on my part. However, you may also want to research that point as well. A cult is also a possibility.

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--Does your image resemble the Capirote shown in Wikipedia?

3. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Hello Sea and Sky,

Interesting idea about the church authorities, I was actually thinking along the lines of the inquisition because I recall them being involved with the colour red. The whole innocent women being accused of heresy/witchcraft thing that's happened so many times in history has always really, really bugged me.

I've searched up the tunnels in Naples which is all I can find and while the hallways look similar, they don't have the same sort of 'feel' about them and there appears to be some kind of aqueduct involved as far as I could make out from the articles.

Oh yes and this may seem sort of random but I attempted to mediate recently and the year 1583 randomly popped into my head. I'm not sure if this has anything at all to do with Venice/Pompeii or the inquisition or red hats but it seemed sort of weird to be precisely that number.

The capriole on Wikipedia looks sort of similar except I'm pretty sure the hats were a lot smaller and less pointy/dramatic. I'm going to have a search for any notes I wrote on the dream so I may find more details soon.

Thank you!

4. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Well, I just found my notes and I guess I made a mistake. I wrote down the guys as wearing 'red and yellow carnival masks and outfits' and carrying torches not candles. I'm not sure how I came to think of them as being pointy, oh well.

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Yes. I'd think catacombs. All kinds of things have gone on in catacombs over the centuries. There are catacombs in Venice and Rome.

Miss Kelly likes this.
  6. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Interesting, I have a lot of experience with catacombs actually, more specifically the catacombs in Paris involving me as a baby and my birth so it's like catacombs/underground places are a weird recurring thing with my life/existence. The London Underground freaks me out and I shake like mad when I'm down there and get weird chills so maybe its all linked somehow.

tanguerra likes this.
  7. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

Yes. Quite likely. Note it all down in your journal. More will probably come that will start to make sense of it.

Miss Kelly likes this.
  8. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D New Member

Sounds interesting ! I have memories of a past life in Venice around 15th century and beginning of 16th. I was an aristocrat involved in a secret society, and a bit of alchemist. We were looking for ancient books and translated them. One of our main task was to find sponsors to finance our goals as it cost lot of money. Our meetings were sometimes taking place in sorts of tunnels with underground canals. And of course as an aristocrat I was sometimes in masked balls of high society.
    Looking on the internet I found a secret society called Voarchadumia wich was involved in alchemy in Venice and had problems with authorities around beginning of 16th. It could be the one I was in. But looking for the kind of tunnels I saw in my memories, I found nothing like this in Venice. But I'm sure it's there !

9. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

Cool! I remember also in the dream that the tunnel went from a beach and led up to inside the city (kind of like a smuggler's tunnel), but I'm not sure if Venice even has beaches. I've always wanted to go to Venice, I have an obsession with that carnivale they have.

10. Guillaume_D

Guillaume_D New Member

Yes, it seems that Venice has beaches on some islands of the lagoon. Still, nobody tells of tunnels. A tunnel from the beach to the city should go under the sea. But it's not impossible.

11. Miss Kelly

Miss Kelly Member

I'll have to go searching for it one day haha :D