Unsure how to help my daughter

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Skeeter, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

I believe my almost 3-year-old is having past life memories. I read in the rules that we aren’t supposed to talk about homicide. So I am unsure how detailed I can get about the things she has said. She tells me her name was Edith and that her mother killed her. She has a compulsion to squeeze necks and it has gone to running her hand back-and-forth across my neck saying “sharp sharp.” Obviously, these are things that I want to help her move past and not do anymore. I’m just not sure how to help her through a trauma that her body in this life has never experienced. Does anyone have any advice?

2. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

Welcome to the forum, Skeeter.

Concerning homicide, I think it is OK to mention that you were murdered in a PL and even hint at in what way. You just shouldn't get too far into cruel or gross details, as this forum is accessible for everyone and children could read it.

As I do not have this experience myself, I can't give you any advice on how to help your daughter. If I was in your place and had found this forum, I would look for others with children who remember past lives. As far as I remember, Carol Bowman has written a book for parents of children who remember past lives, but recommending it could come across as advertising (haven't read it myself)...
    Hope somebody will be able to help you.

Skeeter likes this.
  3. Li-la

Li-la Senior Member

Hi! First of all I would just like to write that it is wonderful that you even write on this forum, it shows to me that you are supporting your daughter and perhaps even thinking "outside the box" than what you are used to in order to help her. My parents and others certainly did not do that in my case when I was little, which made me feel that I was strange and it was a forbidden topic and I kept things to myself. So I think it is really good that your daughter is expressing herself to you like this although I understand how worried you must be when she says things like that. You can either try to resolve it on your own with her, there should be some advice on how to go about this when it is so young children, for example in Carol Bowman's book (her son had past life war trauma and was put under meditation to remember and come to peace with that life) as SeekerofKnowledge wrote above.
    /Best Wishes Li La

Skeeter, glia21 and KenJ like this.
  4. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Skeeter,
    When my oldest son was three years old, he also told his traumatic stories. His biggest trauma was this life in which he was burned alive as a young child. By then, I believed in reincarnation, but I had no guidelines in what to do concerning my son.
    So I just let him tell this experience over and over again. The first several times he mixed realities. When he watched himself he saw himself blackburned. Later on he became less disgusted and less emotional when telling his story. A few years later he said he had made it up, just fantasies.
    That’s ok. It meant he was over it.

So, the only advice (from experience) I can give is to give your daughter the oportunity to tell her story over and over again, untill she no longer needs to speak about her traumatic death.

Skeeter and KenJ like this.
  5. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

Thank you for sharing about your son with me. At this point I don’t want her to feel like it’s wrong for her to share with me, but I don’t want her to dwell on it either. I can see how letting her express it will make it lose some of the effect it had on her. I suppose that’s what we do with every day frustrations. When we voice it we tend to be able to move past it. Thank you again for the reassurance.

fireflydancing likes this.
  6. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

I may have found my daughter’s past life.

First, other things my daughter has shared with me: She was “sharped” by her mom and died, her mom “squeezed and hurt her neck” leaving a “bad neck with a big boo-boo”, she says she went and watched the sea turtles go to the ocean and had to “put lotion on both my arms” (sunblock?), she had a sister she refers to as “Donno” (her pronunciations of vowels is off sometimes), her and Donno had to hide in a tree one time because the dogs were chasing them and one bit her on the leg. She told her current sister that she was her Donno now.

I couldn’t help but do some Internet searching. I’m thinking a child murdered by her mother would make the news. I did in fact find an Edith who was murdered by her mother in the exact way my daughter says she was killed. She lived in California, So quite possibly could have seen sea turtles on the beach. That Edith had a sister who was also murdered by their mother. That sisters name was Diana.

The next spontaneous mention of baby Donno I asked her if she was saying Dina, Donna, DeAnna, Diana, Dana. She said no to each name, except Diana. To which she replied with an enthusiastic “yes, Diana!” She got frustrated when I kept asking other names. This all makes me remember a time when my older Daughter was two. She came up to me and asked if I had any Band-Aids, because she made a new friend who was “all bloody and needed a Band-Aid.” When I asked where this friend was she pointed right next to her to the empty space and looked at me like I was silly. I asked her what her new friends name was and she responded “California”. Which I thought was a rather odd name. Much less for my two-year-old to say as I can’t think of a time when she would have even heard of that state at that point. Six months prior to that, my older daughter had pointed out into the empty street and said “look, she’s dead!” Six months prior to that is when Edith had been murdered. Less than a year before my younger daughter was born my older told me “The lady doesn’t come to visit me anymore.” Speaking of some spirit that only she could see. Just now my younger daughter told me that “Donno” is her cousin now and that she will love her Aunt. My sister just found out she is having an unexpected miracle baby. I’m new to all of this. I’m not sure how to feel. That was a lot. Thank you to anyone who reads and responds with thoughts or encouragement.

Jaimie, fireflydancing and glia21 like this.
  7. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Skeeter,

What a tragedy. I also googled this murder. Reading that story makes me a bit pensive and sad.
    You say you are new to the concept of reincarnation. I think you should take your time too to digest all this new information for yourself. Reincarnation is not one belief system.
    Among the people who 'know' Life works this way, there are still different interpretations of purpose and origin.
    The main thing is that we are indestructible Souls. We live, die and live again. At the same time, there is a 'place' called Heaven as well. A lot of possibilities exist next to each other, so keep an open mind.
    And for your daughter and niece: I hope they find a new peaceful life in your family. You don't have to do things, now you probably know what happened to these girls in the past. Just love and support them as any other child in your family.

Skeeter likes this.
  8. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome Skeeter, make sure that you keep writing down what was said and your thoughts about itas it will often become cloudy and confusing later.

Perhaps contact Carol Bowman with this.

9. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

I’ve been trying to remember to write things down, but sometimes she’s so casual about it that I forget until later. Thank you for reminding me.

10. Harper.

Harper. Banned by Moderators

Does she wake up crying?
    Is it still upsetting for her?

If not, just leave it once she gets to about 7 things should get a lot better,

But unless it is upsetting her it should be okay to talk to her about it,
    Chances are it’s more disturbing for you than it is for her,

11. Skeeter

Skeeter Member

She does wake up crying every night, sometimes once, sometimes up to 4 times. Sometimes she can tell me about her dreams, they seem to be standard “monsters”, but she’s also started waking up happy sometimes, which is new! Those mornings she talks of dreams of playing with her current siblings and cousins. She’s begun pretending to be a doctor the last couple days saying she is going to stitch up my neck. I’m hopeful that somehow represents her moving along. We are getting more “baby Donno” than “mommy hurt my neck” stories in the past week too. I’m hopeful that she won’t carry it much longer.

fireflydancing likes this.