VARIOUS children's memories

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by cody, Jan 5, 2002.

1. cody

cody New Member

I have read Carol's book and am hoping someone here can recommend a course of action for me. I am concerned about my son. I think he and I have shared a past before and is having seperation issues now.

When my son had just turned 1 on mothers day he said plain as day I love you mom. I gave him a hug and said I love you too then I relized my son had spoken a full sentence and at that point in time he was still having difficulty saying words!

When he was 3 he asked me "When I'm in the fifth grade can I play drums?" I thought oh no! Not the drums! But I said if you wish. Then again I realized he had not only spoken in a clear voice he had a asked a logical question and was right about the age you get to pick a musical instrument to learn to play. It was like someone playing a joke on me. Fortunately when the time came he chose clarinet.

About this time I purchased a cabbage patch kid doll (I collect them) because it looked sort of like my son. I asked him to name the doll he named it Clark. We didn't know anyone named Clark no TV show he watched had a Clark. It was his great Grandfathers name on his Dads side.

His dad is an alcoholic and he began drinking again. At that point my son became more and more attached he didn't worry about going to school but going to scouts or even sunday school. He wanted assurances I was returning and begged me to stay with him. It really got bad when my son and I went to live with my parents.

The psychologist has put him on medincine to lower his anxiety and it has reduced his stress level but it only treats the symptoms and is not a cure.

Any suggestions of how I can help my son would be appreciated.
    [A]

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Cody,

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot. It sounds like what you are dealing with is in the HERE AND NOW. If I was you, I would work on myself...my emotions, my feelings and my thoughts. I would also take my son OFF of the medication for anxiety. This is not a quick fix situation. His anxiety is most likely due to your own.

To help your son..you must HELP yourself. Counseling would be a VERY Good thing.

Past lives may be the reason for your relationships with both your son and your ex-husband. However, in order to HEAL from your husbands abusive and alcoholic nature you must address your inner most thoughts, and feelings and the emotional state that you are in RIGHT NOW. This will help both you and your son.

------------------
    Love and Light,
    Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

3. adn2b03

adn2b03 New Member

a linked fear of trains

My daughter, who is almost three, has had a fear of trains since she was tiny. She was 6 mos old when I took her, with her cousin, to a train festival, and we stepped on the train, and she just screamed until we got off of it. She also cried at 4 mos old when we took her to a trainyard near our town. She will run to me and cling to me when she hears a train, "mommy I scared, choo choo train" even when it is far away. Now to add to this, I had a psychic tell me that my daughter and I were together in a past life, and that there was a tragic accident in which she died. This explains an overwhelming sadness that we both feel on occasion, when all is quiet. To top this off, I also have a fear of trains, especially crossing tracks. I have always had nightmares about them. After my talk with the psychic, I meditated to see if I could find a connection, and I could see a train, and my daughter brought me out of my state, crying in her sleep, saying oh no, no, oh no.....and every time I brought the image up, she would cry....I would like to explore this more, but am unsure how....Any suggestions?
    [A]

4. Deborah

Welcome to the forum adn2b03.

Have you read Carol's first book? Children's Past Lives? In her book she talks about the psychic link between mother and child and how children can pick up on what a mother is feeling and experiencing. Children can even psycically announce their mothers thoughts if they are old enough to talk, to the surprise of the mother to be sure!

It is quite possible that your daughter had a past life trauma concerning trains similar to yours or she might have been actually with you. If you are doing meditations around the event for yourself..maybe do it when she is not at home. This will allow you free time to explore and get some clarity.

Be very aware of what you are thinking and feeling concerning trains..and document if there are responses from your daughter and the circumstances around those responses. This will help you to get a better handle on the situation.

------------------
    Love and Light,
    Deborah

5. elise79

elise79 Guest

my daughter's past life

Sorry I haven't been able to post this earlier, very hectic here. Anyway, my daughter who is almost 5 has a few memories of a past life. Whenever she would get upset she would beg to go home, this was usually when we were at home. About two or so years ago we had a bad storm here, my daughter went into an extreme panic and screamed that the house was going to flood and she wanted to go home. This would happen everytime there was a storm (no matter how bad) at night. If it was storming during the day, even very badly, she couldn't care less. A few months ago she started talking about her other parents. She told us once that her other parents died but she was very happy to have us now, she was almost in tears talking about this. When she was an only child she would often talk about her sister, even after I had her brother she would sometimes refer to her sister. I'd like to be able to find out more about her past life, but I'm worried about her imagination clouding it now though.

My son, 11 months, is a very old soul. I, like one of the other posters, dreamed of his birth before he was born. So I'll probably need a lot of help with him as he gets older.

6. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Hi Elise,

I think I may have already welcomed you, but welcome again!! I would ask your daughter plenty of questions when she becomes afraid, as well as any time she talks about her other parents, storms, etc. I would also journal her experiences because as time goes on that may help you make sense of the pieces of her past life. I also would not worry too much about whether her imagination comes into play or not- follow your intuition and you'll know which is past life and which is imagination. Also, read Carol's book, Children's Past lives.

Susie

------------------
    Free will allows me to choose my path, but my Higher Power lights the way....

7. Galadriel

Galadriel Senior Registered

Hunting & Wagons

The baby is at it now. Not much to say, however the other day we were riding in the car and I said we were going home for supper. Delenn said clear as anything

"I'm going Hunting."

oh? what for?

"For supper." (sounding for all the world as if there was no way to know ahead of time what she was going to find)

later when I went to get her out of her car seat she turned to me and said

"Get your hand off my wagon."

mind you she only just turned two at xmas, and while her language skills are somewhat advanced, she doesn't usually speak quite like that.

8. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Megan

So cool, and I love her little assertions "get your hands off my wagon"...I look forward to hearing what develops

9. IvyJn

IvyJn New Member

4yr old daughter...

I have an amazing 4yr old who for over 2 years now has been dropping bits of information pertaining to possible past lives. I believe that is what they are mainly because all of my life, I, too, have had such memories. I posted on the adult board a small bit about that. I'd like to know what other kids are saying and doing and how they're parents are handling it. Is there a good way to try to get her to open up about certain subjects without upsetting her? Sometimes things she mentions make her really upset. I'm torn because on the one hand, I know how it can be and there are times when I wish I didn't remember anything at all about anything other then this life, but on the other hand, I really feel like I'd be letting her down if I didn't help her to keep her memories alive. Obviously she's remembering them for a reason. How do you handle it? Thanks...
    IvyJn
    [A]

10. CrowEyes

CrowEyes Guest

Hello Ivy, welcome to the board. Just a suggestion here if you have some time, read some of the previous posts. There are many, many shared experiences by parents and relatives, and also many helpful and tried and true suggestions by some on the board.

I hope you share more about your daughter. I look forward to you posting more.

11. mskw

mskw Guest

Before, when I was big...

My son prefaced many, many sentances with the words, "Before, when I was big..." We always thought it was cute, but only now that I have stumbled onto your website do I understand the significance of his statement.
    He would insist that he could do many grown up things "before." One of his favorites was about rowing a boat. (This was coming from a 2 year old child who had never seen a body of water bigger than a bathtub.) He could even describe how his back and shoulders would get tired when he rowed.
    [A]

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Guest

my son's memory

My son is 3 years old and since he started to talk, my family and I have thought he was an old soul. But his latest comments have really got me interested. A few weeks ago we were walking around the zoo and he said very truthfully he saw the animal in North Kenya. I was a little suprised again. So, I started to ask specific questions about his age then and his mommy and daddy and he is very discripted about his answers. He has even told me his name. I am wondering is there is any way to research the name and get more info. It doesn't sound like he grew old, he just says he was a little boy. Plus, when he was born, he has web toes and they tell me it is heriditary, but no one in either family has them. Also, it he seems to have his own language. He makes up words and I have always thought they were just silly words, but now I'm not so sure. Is it possible (or worth it) to research what he has told me and if so, where do I start?
    [A]

13. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Mskw

Welcome to the forum...I'm glad you found us

Does your son still speak about "before"??? It amazes me the smaller details our children can bring across, that can sometimes make our ears ***** up and pay attention to what they are actually expressing...like the "tired shoulders and back from rowing"...that's just too precious

14. cacaia523

cacaia523 Senior Registered

Cheryl: I would suggest to encourage such talks with your child...what was his name in that previous life? I'm just curious...and about the language...it's definitely worth looking into that...better yet, what I would suggest would be to tape record him each time he starts speaking his 'invented language" and take it to an expert linguist, I would start with the classics, dead languages, etc...I'm sure colleges are always helpful, there's always a professore willing to help out...in this case, again, I would go to a professor specializing in dead languages...I hope this made sense...it's really late here and I'm in a little bit of a daze, but I really felt like I needed to reply ASAP.
    Peace, and the best of wishes,
    Cacaia

15. shield

shield Registered User

Hi Cheryl,
    When my daughter told me what seemed to be her name from a previous life, I simply searced for it on the Internet by typing the word in the browser and klicking. Then I had to look around for it a for little while, but it was a thrill when I found it and realised it was actually a first name (male, Indian)!

Good luck!, shield

16. JTW

JTW Guest

My DD talks about fishing like she goes all the time.She has never been! She told me she doesn`t row a boat( I asked to her to pretend like on Dora the Explorer)because the oars are too big. Uummm, these kids are amazing.

17. Deborah

Hi MSKW,

How old is your son now? How long ago was it when he told you those things? Curious minds want to know.

------------------
    Love and Light,
    Deborah

18. Ingrid

Ingrid New Member

Talking about the past

Hello,
    Ia m new here so first a little introduction. I live in the Netherlands with my husband and two children. A son of 5 years and a daughter of 1 year.
    This morning Jari our son startled me telling me in between mammy when you wasn't born yet, I was really old and I wasn't with you. But then later I was born with you.
    Not ever thid I hear him say anything about this in the past 5 years. Though I always expected him to be what we call an 'old one' He always were to smart for his age and came with remarks you would not expect from a child his age but never spoke about past lives. He did speak very soon, so by the time he could walk he spoke in sentenses and was proud to anounce that he could finally walk. Well this is becoming a long note but I just wanted to ask what is wise. Should I encourage my son to speak more about this or just wait till he brings it up and show him he can always talk about it. Though I do beleive in past lives I never really got in to it so I do not know if this is just something he picked up and out off being ineresting bring it up to me or that it is a real remembering. Don't know if that is possible at 5 years old. But I do know it is real for him that much was clear when he brought it up. And I would like to handle this in the best way so he can put this in place.
    [A]

19. Deborah

Welcome to the forum Ingrid,

Have you read either of Carol's books? I highly recommend them -- both. You can find them listed in the FAQ section at the top of the main page of the forum.

If you read through some of the threads in this section..you will see that you are not alone, and that it is around ages 2 -5 that children often speak of their other lives.

------------------
    Love and Light,
    Deborah

20. angel1

angel1 New Member

ivyjn

my son is now 5 but when he was 3-4 he use to always talk about his son Andrew, my husband and i use to think it was make believe cause he would just out of the blue start talking about him, Andrew was one of his 4 children(my son). he would get upset cause Andrew was always sick and then one day while driving in the car Cody got very upset and i asked why and his response was startling, he told me that Andrew had died and was sad about it, but he wouldn't go into detail about how he died and after Andrew died he quit talking about his family.but i just learned during that short period that when ever he mentioned just to listen and don't push...also my daughter who is now 7 use to always talk about how when we die we get to come back as babies and start over and when asked where she heard that she would say God.