VIDEO: The Civil War - Jeff Keene

Discussion in 'Video Archives' started by Deborah, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stars3

Stars3 Senior Registered

Hi Deborah,

As a matter of fact I did get an offer for the movie rights to my book a couple years back. The deal fell through because we found out the "money man" was someone we did not want to do buiness with. Yes, it would make a good movie and I think Brad Pitt would be great playing me.

Best, Jeff

2. Aaron

Aaron Senior Registered

Too funny Jeff! I hope you get your movie out someday..

3. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

After visiting a Civil War museum a few days ago, I will watch the video when I can-- sounds interesting. I would like to learn more about Jeff Keene-- he sounds interesting.

Just wanted to comment about the Civil War. Wow! What a horribly brutal time in which to live. Maybe every age is brutal but, after leaving the museum, my wife and I remarked to each other that it would have been a horrible time to live if you were involved in the war.

The displays were filled with historical information and were very frank about the violence leveled against the local inhabitants by other locals. I am sure that I would have been murdered had I lived there since I am basically a non-joiner and wish to be left alone. People, especially men, were "encouraged" to take sides. Most people were abysmally uneducated and uninformed about the world events taking place.

Seems as though human history is nothing but war after war. I wonder if that is all that we are destined for. I hope not.

-stardis

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

It is an excellent example! ;)

5. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I happen to be reading Jeff's book "Someone Else's Yesterday," at this time, and have compared the writing style with General Gordon's book, "Reminiscences of the Civil War." I have to say they sound very much like the same author, with the same somewhat brash sense of humor. I know Jeff had his writing style formally compared with Gordon's as a part of his investigations, and I'm very curious as to how exactly he had that done, as I'm being presented with a possible past life who left behind an extensive amount of written material. Here are some examples:

http://www.jpj.demon.co.uk/jpjletter.htm

http://www.americanrevolution.org/jpj.html

There's also a lot of handwritten material I can compare as well, and I wonder if Jeff ever had Gordon's and his own handwriting compared.

6. Deborah

Hopefully Jeff will have time to let us know - just how he did it.

Yeah - I agree Stardis - an incredibly brutal time period.

7. Stars3

Stars3 Senior Registered

For Jody

Hi Jody,

My writing style was formally compared with Gordon's by a linguistists expert who had been contacted ( and hired ) by Dr. Walter Semkiw. Now, even experts can not say that two samples items were written by the same person one hundred percent. As you noted yourself, Gordon's and my own style of writing does appear to be in the, "Same voice". My sample, the report to the chief of the Fire Departmant, had been written years before I had ever read anything written by Gen. Gordon and therefore had not been influenced by his writing. I guess you could say that I had John Gordon as a ghost-writer helping me along with the writing of my book (LOL).

Best, Jeff Keene

8. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

Thanks, Jeff! Great book, BTW ... :thumbsup:

9. Deborah

A great video for members and guests to review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.