Vietnam Soldier Past Life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Iwaspfcjohn, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Iwaspfcjohn

Iwaspfcjohn New Member

Ok here goes.... there are very few people that I have shared this with and am finally willing to open up to others in this forum.

I am an average American living an average but fulfilling life in LA. I have a beautiful and loving wife and a great son who is 26 years old. Last year about this same time I started having frequent dreams about war, specifically Vietnam. It started out as very short glimpses of being in a convoy and being attacked, small memories of a barracks, medical exam room, etc.

After having a seemingly real dream, I woke up sobbing like a child and saying out loud "I was too young, I was just a kid". I also wrote down many details. An exact name, age , where I was from, how I was killed, where I was killed. Where on my body that was shot.

I researched my former name and was in complete disbelief at what I found. I will not state the full name here but my first name was John. Born in 1947 and raised in Scranton Pa was in Vietnam in December 1968 and took my final breathe on January 15th, 1969 after a fatal gunshot wound to the front and top part of my head. I was only 21 and spent about a month in Vietnam as a heavy truck driver. Our convoy was ambushed on hwy ql-19 and jumped from my truck where I ran across the road and took cover in some tall grass. As I prepared to return fire with my M16, I was struck in the forehead with a single round. Immediately I saw darkness. No pain. I next remember the ride to the field hospital in the distinctively sounding Huey. Then a very brief exam where the dr stated "there's nothing we can do for him". Lastly I remember the ride home with many other fallen soldiers. Several of us were walking around during the flight, without any conversation.

I have so much more that I can share but I could go on for hours. I had 2 sessions with a world renowned psychic and again was shocked at some of the detail she was able to extract from my memory. Including past life family and details about my life prior to joining the Army. I can remember our family car , a 48 Buick and my high school crush, Maryanne ______.

As a catholic (in past life and present life) I was never told about the possibilities of reincarnation. Needless to say, I believe

MarieM, fireflydancing and Barblynn like this.
  2. tanguerra

tanguerra Senior Registered

Hi iwaspfcjohn

Welcome to the forum. You are in the right place.

Thank you for your story. Yes. This happens much more often than most people think.

3. bordom

bordom New Member

when I was in kindergarten I kept having a reoccurring dream. It started out I had my back to a berm or levy and was carrying a radio. It was very hot and very dry. On my left was a lieutenant calling in an air strike on a tree line on the edge of the field we were in. To his left was a soldier shooting an M60. The soldier shooting the M60 was shot and rolled back the LT kept calling in the air strike and emphasizing the urgency. He looked over the levy and then moved behind the M60 and started shooting. He too was shot. I dropped the radio and moved into the 60 position. I could see activity in the tree line and proceeded to fire at the base of the trees along the tree line from right to left. as I was just about to my left most limit I saw movement in the top of what looked like a palm tree then a flash. I instantly heard a loud clank like something hit my helmet and everything went black. I would always wake up at that point. After having the same dream several times I stayed asleep after everything went black. I was suspended in black for some time then my dream turned in to a normal dream when I was a child again. I never had the dream again. It wasn't till I entered the army that I learned I already knew how to load an M60. I had always contributed the dream to watching Vietnam footage while my Dad was there. He had just returned two years prior. Recently the memories came back and I knew that we were trying to keep the VC in the tree line until the air strike got there. I have no idea what unit I was in or the dates in my dream. I don't know my name in the dream although I had always thought it was Johnson and I was from Boston. The 25th infantry has always fascinated me and while in the 7th infantry I was fascinated on the Manchu warriors of the 9 th regiment. I just recently found out that 4/9 regiment was in the 25 infantry. I don't know if that's important and I don't know if it was just a dream from being subjected to a war on TV.

landsend likes this.
  4. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Hey there.
    That’s interesting Bordom, it sure has the merits of a past life memory, considering you were a child at the time and it’s vividness has stuck with you up until now. You could potentially try and track down more info with what you have if you’re interested.
    Regards
    G.

5. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Hey John

Scrolling around the boards here I notice a influx of Nam spirits popping up
    If you can write for hours, what's stopping you? It can be theraputic to write it out, plenty of vets and willing eyes to read (can't say ears to listen), there might even be things that some of us can not only relate to but also recognize
    I'm currently logging my memories by era and life as well

Boredom
    I too was a Radio Op, Devil Dog though, and remember the weight of that thing on my shoulders
    Given that the memories returned it could be that your first dreams were triggered by the segments on tv, I've learned the hard way that anything can set off a past life memory

6. landsend

I’ve also noticed the influx of people coming forward about Nam, must be something in the water ;)

If anyone wants to talk about Vietnam privately, drop me a message. I’m considering sharing my story one day but it’s very long, and includes a MIA / POW case that is ongoing. I’m very cautious about preserving the privacy of the family, of whom I have established contact. They come first.

May start a private convo with all of those who remember to post their recollections. It would be interesting to see them all in one place.

CanSol likes this.
  7. Iwaspfcjohn

Iwaspfcjohn New Member

CanSol
    Since these dreams became so vivid I was advised to write down what I saw in my dreams. I have been able to sketch out
    My barracks lay out and the location of my area
    A map of the road that my convoy was ambushed on and the location of my truck on the road
    The medical exam room and where my body was placed
    Layout of the c130 returning home and the location of my body

I have a clear memory of the guys in my unit teasing me about my canteen. Somehow I had a metal canteen (with a small dent) and everyone else had plastic ones. I was so proud of it.

A few months back I woke up saying Bristol. I had no idea why but it seemed to draw me into looking it up. Low and behold there is a very short street in my home town called Bristol. When I looked it up on Google Maps it immediately made me start crying. There was the house of my high school crush/lover.

Strangely enough, 2 weeks ago for some weird reason I decided to look up my past life father’s obituary (in which I’ve already read several times before). I was shocked to see that my previous life brother just passed away 1-day prior. Yes, the day before I looked it up. Coincidence? I don’t know but it’s strange that I felt the need to Google that.

I embrace every memory, image, thought or dream that I have of my previous life, even the scary ones. I still feel like (and sometimes act like Lol) a 1960’s teenager. The music I like and the people I can best relate to are all from that era. I embrace who I was and who I still am.

David74 and landsend like this.
  8. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

I know what that's like, I sometimes google my kids,grandchildren and siblings, just to see how they're doing

I found a remembrance page of my Nam self and read the posts left there, my combat buddies sometimes stop by to post a short message but what worries me is my sis, she still has a hard time with me not being around anymore and the 50th anniversary of my death is in april so I'll keep an eye on her, I already knew she was the one that was gonna be hit the hardest

I don't believe in coincidences and that you do something for a reason, could be you felt the need to check on that part of your family because your brother wanted you to know he past on and to say he's ok, that's not unheard off

I too act or feel like, to the point where I just need something from that period, working on getting a WWII Class A uniform and tanker jacket now, don't know why, I just need it april means 3 deaths for me, the 4th Nam, the 9th Vimy Ridge WWI, the 12th Germany WWII confussing time? Nah just sounds like it *sarcasm*

The metal canteen with a dent.....hello WWII, could be you had a life there too, I was happy lugging an original WWII canteen through the Afghan desert despite grumblings from my unit, it was mine and whoo to those that touched it without my approval, other option is that it could've been a gift from your father

The music I like depends on the mood or timefunk I'm in, so right now it's the 1940's but don't be surprised if I show up complaining about Charlie, wanting fatigues and listening to Orbison.....

landsend likes this.
  9. Iwaspfcjohn

Iwaspfcjohn New Member

Wow I never thought that deeply about WHY I was sooo proud of my metal canteen. My previous father was indeed a WWII veteran. That would make total sense that it was a gift from him. I’m speechless. Thank you for helping me open my eyes wider.

MarieM and landsend like this.
  10. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

You're welcome

It's something just a small thing that can shed some light on things

11. David74

David74 New Member

I was there too. 1966-1968. Served 2 tour of duties as a Marine. I was there during the start of the Tet Offensive. They showed me this. I saw a few combat scenes. On some really humid days i feel like i'm back there again. I've never gotten over it in this life time. I left that life in late 1973. Only 27 yrs old at that time. I left it in a violent death. I came right back less then 6 months later. I brought the feelings and memories of that life with me into this life. It feels good to know I'm not alone with these feelings. There are others like me out there.

landsend and MarieM like this.
  12. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Welcome
    It's always good to know that you're not alone and that there are others to talk to that been there and therefore understand without needing to explain everything in detail

13. landsend

Hey

If anyone is interested in joining a group discussion specifically about Vietnam War past life memories, please don't hesitate to contact me and I'll fwd details.

Landsend

14. ale

ale New Member

pretty sure I was tortured by the viet cong, buried with rocks. Every time I see Avril Lavigne, I always think, she was there too

15. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

I myself am slowly starting to remember more events from my past life. I joined the Marines back in ‘65 and died in ‘68. Me and my platoon were searching for Vietcong soldiers or something like that in the jungle, most of them got drunk and got themselves killed. Me and Johnny were also killed, we were waiting for backup.

The most real flashback type of feeling I hve felt when it comes to my past life is whenever I feel anxious. When I feel anxious I get a flashback of me smoking a cigarette in a jungle, whenever I think about it I calm down.

I also think that the trauma I had in my past life carried on to my current life. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I get angry very easily. It was 50 years ago since my past self died, I’m slowly starting to remmrmber it. Mostly me being in the jungle and walking around with my platoon.

Thanks for reading!

16. Soldier68

Memories of my past life as a soldier in Vietnam are slowly coming back. I joined the Marines back in 1965 and died in 1968. I clearly remember me and another marine getting killed when we were waiting for backup, we were also running away for some reason.

Whenever I get extremely anxious I see myself in first person smoking a cigarette in a jungle. It’s like my mind is telling me to smoke like I did in ‘Nam. I was presumably a heavy smoker back there, thinking about smoking a cigarette definitely makes me feel calm.

I’m slowly starting to remember my past life, I want to know more. All I know is that’s a I had a very close friend back there named Johnny. We used to smoke a lot.

I think that the trauma from my past life as a soldier in vietnam is affecting my current life. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I easily get angry, it has gotten worse lately. My daydreams are getting more and more “real” and very emotional.

Thanks for reading, feels nice that I’m not alone here!

17. Soldier68

I had a dream once of a platoon getting captured by Vietcong forces. It was a daydream though. I’m pretty sure it was just my imagination but it was very scary to say the least. It must have felt very scary to dream about it.

I myself got shot to death. I begged them to spare my life but they didn’t listen.

18. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Soldier68, thanks for sharing your memories. There are several others who have posted about their memories in various conflicts and wars.

19. Soldier68

Yes, I have read about other people’s experience.

Memories are slowly getting back to me. Especially my death and some other moments. It feels so distant but still a part of my memories. My dreams are very fussy, I can’t see faces very well but I do remember events. It feels like I get stuck in those memories, it takes some time until I wake up if you get what I mean.

20. David74

David74 New Member

Depression, anxiety and anger comes with this for me too. I have not experienced combat in this life yet, but since i was a kid it has felt as if i had. A lot of stuff carried over for me also. This whole life has felt as if i was coming back from over there and trying to adjust to civilian life. The same feelings a hardened vet feels. The feelings you've laid out are very familiar to me. Being in the Army reserves years ago stirred up those long dormant memories within. Carrying the M16 rifle again, along with the feel and smell of the uniform and equipment was strangely comforting to me in a way. Part of me rejected the discipline and structure. I didn't like being a lowly private. I didn't stay with it for long. I felt i should of went somewhere in the unit. I was a platoon Sargent or officer in the Marines in Vietnam. I climbed the ranks quickly then. In this life there was no major conflict going on at the time. Things moved slowly. I wanted something other then being offered at the time.

Soldier68 likes this.