Vietnam Soldier Past Life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Iwaspfcjohn, Jan 21, 2017.

1. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Re: No Milk Today-there is another thread re: Music that 'triggers' or something like that. No Milk Today is on that thread. A few people including myself reference that song. I can't say I remember it from a past life because it's from my current lifetime. But it does evoke past life feelings.

Soldier68 likes this.
  2. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

I love that song. It doesn’t evoke many feelings for me though. "Pictures of Lily" by The Who definetely makes me very emotional. It’s a really sweet song that I like now and liked back then.

BethC likes this.
  3. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Member

Update: I shared on here awhile ago about my memories of a past life where I was an F4 Phantom pilot and was shot down. A couple weeks ago I had a dream and recalled some more of that past life. I VERY clearly remember being best buddies with one of the operators of the base radio station. I have a feeling that I knew him from high school back in the States. I was sitting on a crate of equipment smoking a cigarette and talking to him. Mid 20s, short black hair, white, baby face. Funnily enough I even clearly remember the sight of a leather shoulder holster with a 1911 in it hanging off a wall of bulky radio equipment. I also have a gut feeling that it was the Da Nang airbase. Also, the name Andrew rings a bell to me, but I did some research and found out there were no (familiar sounding) US air Force pilots by the name of Andrew KIA or MIA between the years of 1969-72, the time I feel that I served

Kenz1010 likes this.
  4. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Keep in mind that the US Navy and USMC also flew F4s and Da Nang was for a large part a Marine base

5. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Member

True. I'll do some more research

6. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Have you checked pilots who were MIA but later returned in Homecoming?

7. landsend

You may also have lived and not been captured if SAR (search and rescue) teams found you.

8. landsend

You need to try and determine if you were captured/returned, found, died on impact, etc. It will help narrow the search.

9. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Member

It was a very violent crash. The jet went into a violent spin and crashed at cruising speed through thick jungle canopy. I can't imagine anyone surviving that. My gut says I died on impact, or shortly afterwards

10. Soldier68

Soldier68 Senior Registered

There’s probably a lot of stories from Vietnam that we’ll never know about. I feel that mine could have happen, but my memories are so weak when it comes to actual Vietnam memories, some of the feelings are still there, but the memories are very weak.

A. Anderson likes this.
  11. landsend

If that’s what your gut says, stick with it. If he was KIA info would be in databases.

Also take into account jets had an ejection system. Could be possible you saw in time and was able to get out?

A. Anderson likes this.
  12. landsend

My own crash involved violent spinning/falling into thick canopy. The bird crashed but didn’t burn. I blacked out on impact and came to. The co-pilot was recovered by SAR teams 24 hrs later with extensive wounds. My past self never found, no sign of him nearby.

We were flying low altitude and lower speeds though. All that has to be taken into account, but also that jets have the capability of ejection/chute.

A. Anderson likes this.
  13. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Member

I don't think I even had time and the Phantom was spinning like in a barrel roll and I went from in the air to crashing in only a couple seconds. I was extremely low, just barely clearing the treetops. In all likelihood I was probably taken out by a SAM

landsend likes this.
  14. landsend

I'm no expert on this, but just a few points:

If you were hit by a SAM missile, it would be KABOOM, gone, smithereens. Getting hit by a SAM was rarer than you think -- according to Wikipedia about 200 aircraft were downed by SAM's by the end of the war.

Pretty sure SAM's would be targeting crafts that were flying high altitude, but don't quote me on that one. Could be wrong.

Getting hit by other anti-aircraft projectiles is more likely, such as an anti-aircraft gun. That would be more in keeping with the type of crash you described.

15. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Member

You're probably right about AA fire. I'm guessing that I lost the whole tail end of the plane, causing me to go into a spin and crash. I do remember hearing an explosion just before I went down though

16. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Member

Maybe I was flying at such a low altitude for the express reason to avoid SAMs and radar detection. That would at least explain it

landsend likes this.
  17. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Then it's most likely AA, a SAM would give a missle inbound alarm and that's it, you blow up before you noticed what happened

landsend and A. Anderson like this.
  18. landsend

Another possibility: pilots sometimes engaged in dogfights. More rare than AAA but still happened.

19. landsend

A. Anderson likes this.
  20. landsend