Vietnam Soldier Past Life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Iwaspfcjohn, Jan 21, 2017.

1. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

How common was civilian killings? First of all, It’s a very grey area. The type of massacres you think of when you think of Nam were not all that common, but did happen. Usually by Korean / South Vietnamese / Nungs than Americans as part of the dirty laundry aka CIA Phoenix Program (which funded terror operations similar to the VC tactics) . Sometimes American units did the same, either as an indirect order of the Agency or Gung ho higher ups who didn’t give a hoot. Sometimes men went plain crazy, or blood thirsty.

One VC tactic was to go into villages that were known sympathisers, take the village leader, take his wife, abuse her in front of village. Followed by their deaths. This was a method they used: pure fear. It worked well on the average villager. Who would speak out against such brutality when you have family to think of?

The CIA had men go and do similar things to blame it on VC units to stir up feelings and create unrest especially in border countries. They played very very dirty. It was highly classified.

An hypothetical scenario. Imagine a woman is coming toward you; suddenly you sense something off. Not far behind her is a little boy. He has something in his hands. It takes just one glimpse to see if it’s a grenade. Now the grey area begins.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  2. landsend

I would say identifying a past self is a double edged sword. It is proof for yourself of life after death. But often opens a doorway into emotions and feelings and memories that can be uncontrollable and, in my case at times, a little gateway into hell.

BenjaminFR and Jim78 like this.
  3. SeekerOfKnowledge

SeekerOfKnowledge Learner

I was asking because one of my flashes was about me shooting a woman begging for mercy as well as her two children. Like despite knowing that this was utterly wrong, I just couldn't keep my fingers from pulling the trigger.
    The weapon I saw in my hand... closest match I was able to find would be an AR-15 or a M-16.
    Was there any regiment from those who were using both either an AR-15 or M-16 who also would have been wearing uniforms with the ERDL pattern and who had some camp in the middle of the jungle with wooden barracks much smaller than what you normally see in movies or documentaries?
    If the answer is "no" I will be relieved. Less baggage to deal with. If the answer is "yes" I will be relieved as well. I do not like to think of myself as totally bonkers...
    What is real? Who am I? What have I done?
    Is Nam real? Or what I seem to remember from earlier times? The 15th century... Ancient Greece...
    At current state, I am willing to accept everything.
    I have also seen myself as a beggar, a monk...

landsend likes this.
  4. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Unfortunately the answer to your question is yes, the M-16 was used by most, including SF, only few had special weapons like machine guns, sniper rifles etc

IF, not saying you are only you can learn that, you were a member of either the 101st or 173rd Airborne Recon you could easily have worn the ERDL and have carried a M16

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  5. SeekerOfKnowledge

I need a break from this. It is taking me down too much... for what ever reason.

6. landsend

Seeker, I understand you. Please take it easy... I’m always looking for ways out. These things take time to assimilate. You ever want to let it out fully I’m here, have been there. Zero judgement from me.

Unfortunately my ways out led me to finding that very intimate things I didn’t want to exsist did exsist. Some things, like your memory here, I’m not able to fully find the truth. But the fact is I found other truths in similar memories, down to minute memories such as remembering the front of my house, which door I entered my house, the wood panelling on the walls, the layout of my kitchen. Can see it as clearly as if I’m remembering any memory from this life.

The fact is I can try to deny it, but my memories of Nam are as clear as other details I have clarified, if not more clear, then two and two makes four and all that. I saw myself do things more awful than you in that snippet.

Denying the truth don’t change it.

Kenz1010 and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  7. landsend

And let’s just say this — you don’t know the full circumstances of that memory. What could be behind that memory would tell a fuller picture.

I’m still putting the puzzle pieces of what happened in my own awful memory. I can see the fragments of what led me to the incident but still don’t have a full picture.

I can tell you my mindset then. The mindset was brutal. Weeks even months in the bush living like animals. Losing men. The sickness of the war. Civilized behaviors go out the window.
    Looking at what you have done and admitting it is the hardest thing you can possibly do. Many would go on denying.

SeekerOfKnowledge likes this.
  8. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

I think I can relate, I’ve been feeling drained lately from all of this. Been feeling random waves of guilt too, because of a repeated scene that keeps popping into my head.
    It seems it was easier to deal with this when I didn’t have memories/ visions, when it was just the beginning of it. A part of me still wants to remember more, but then another part of me doesn’t.

Another thing I’ve been thinking of is if I can’t ‘cope’ with the repeated scene I keep having in my head, then it’s going to be a lot harder to deal with the other memories that are most definitely much much worse.

tanker and landsend like this.
  9. landsend

If there’s no real need to remember for the time being then don’t. It will be there for you in the future if you choose to come back to it. I was twenty six before looking at my memories of Nam but I’d had knowledge of that life for much longer. On top of that, my previous life was left unresolved. The reasons for remembering in my case is to reach a resolution in the present.

It’s by no means a given that because you have memories of a another life that you need to dig them out. I’ve other lives prior to my last one that I feel no inclination to look at currently, if ever.

10. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

So agree, landsend. Letting sleeping dogs lie is often the best way, until such time as you've prepared yourself sensibly and can be sure you're ready. I still have things I know are there. I'm not ready yet. Things seen cannot be un-seen. Dangerous ground.

landsend and SeekerOfKnowledge like this.
  11. Kenz1010

Kenz1010 Senior Registered

Very true landsend, it’s more of a thing of wanting to understand myself better. Like understand my “souls journey” if that makes sense. I did do the self regression when I first started experiencing this stuff to try and really figure out why I have a reaction to ww2 things. Since then it’s more so been just looking into things that made me emotional, and things in my snippets of memories and the repeated scene, to try and verify that what I’ve been seeing in the visions is actually real. Trying to separate imagination from reality. Everything seems to check out so far.
    It might not help to do that all at once, maybe that’s just triggering more negative memories?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  12. landsend

That’s totally understandable, to want to verify things and not feel like you’ve got a screw loose, also just to know yourself better.

From my experience, past life memories, when they get real — they get real real. Although I had subconscious trauma associated with my past life, eg strong phobias and life long anxiety, when I unlodged the memories out came full blown PTSD symptoms, panic attacks, uncontrollable grief — the works. My recommendation if you feel you need to look at this now would be to find a suitable therapist. Don’t be like me.

Problem is with war often comes trauma. As tanker said what you’ve seen can’t be unseen. It takes a strong mindset and a support network in my opinion. I’m still working on the support thing as I’m liable to carry the world on my shoulders and more.

At your age these things fascinated me, but I would not have coped with what I’ve now seen. I have a very supportive partner who has basically kept me afloat. Trust that feeling which tells you it’s too much.

BenjaminFR, Kenz1010 and Speedwell like this.
  13. JTyler

JTyler New Member

Hi fellow past life friends,
    Im new on this site and that's great there's a VW section :)
    I have many dreams/memories of the Vietnam War. Ever since as a child, I was drawn to military uniform , cars, weapons, etc. As a kid , I watched a military film with my father and thought to myself "I wanna wear what they're wearing " and now camo clothing is everywhere so that's usually my outfit of the day.
    I started getting vivid dreams of Nam since about 11/12 years old. I'd wake up in panic mode and touching my body to see if the "bullets went through. " I didn't understand any of this until early 20s when I started researching past lives , and started going to Dreams sessions in my town. I've had reoccurring dreams where I'm in a warehouse tied up to a chair and escaping or soldiers chasing me and manage to get away by hiding. These dreams haven't come back for about a year now.
    One dream that I can't forget because that's when I learned my name at least. It was finally calm and I was playing with little kids, we were laughing . They gave me hugs (when I woke up I felt really happy) then my soldier friend came to get me and called me Tyler . We hopped on to our jeep to go somewhere . Then I woke up.
    A few months ago Vietnam war popped up on Netflix and I had a weird gut feeling to look up Tyler Vietnam War . I wasn't expecting to actually find anything but I found my old Self finally!!!
    My past life name was James Tyler (I think my middle name is Patrick) of the Army of Nam. And my soldier friend in my dream was also James Tyler . He passed away in 2016. Unfortunately, I passed away at age 30. The site says unknown COD but I believe I received information from the Source that I committed suicide. I am now 30 years old and my present life turned completely different after finding out my old self.
    If you knew me as James, message me as I'd like to know more. And I've been looking for my fellow mates for awhile now cuz I knew those dreams I had weren't just dreams.
    Cheers,
    Tyler

14. CanSol

CanSol Senior Registered

Welcome to the forum

There are plenty of us around from various branches, I was a Marine in Nam

15. SeekerOfKnowledge

Welcome to the forum, JTyler!

I hope you will find somebody who knew you in your past life.

16. landsend

Welcome. I did know a guy called Tyler or a similar name / don’t want to bias you as obviously there were a bunch of guys with that name, would be interested in chatting anyway as obviously Vietnam is my topic of interest.

Best
    Landsend

17. landsend

Do you know what time period and area you were? Or any other details?

18. landsend

I hope this is not disobeying the forum rules (and if it is, let me know!) But I'm just letting you folks know the VVMF (Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund) is run entirely on donations/volunteers -- it helps maintain the Vietnam memorial (The wall), the Veterans and families who have been affected by Vietnam, as well as educating future generations. They send out free rubbings of names from the wall, and the rubbing I requested arrived all the way to England -- I was very touched by this gesture. Just wanted you guys to know.

19. JTyler

JTyler New Member

Thank you all:)
    I found little info but enough for now . Found a pic of the gravestone and it says SPC5 Vietnam War :) pretty cool . I believe I was a Sniper enlisted 1965-1967 hopefully more recollections will come
    And landsend haha i was on VVMF searching like crazy. Great site

20. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Member

Update: a couple months ago I had posted an update about my past life as an Air Force pilot in Vietnam. I have since come to some major realizations. Firstly, I strongly feel that I had gotten my timeframe wrong. I now believe that I may have served in the early years of the war (65-68ish). Secondly, I did more research about the kind of jet that I flew and I have a strong feeling that I flew either a F-105 Thunderchief or an F-100 Super Sabre. Also, I remembered a bit more about my childhood. I grew up with just my father in the 50s in the suburbs. I feel that my mother had died in childbirth or shortly after I was born. I also remember that my father served as a combat medic during WWII in the European Theatre. I'm sorry for giving such a wildly different timeframe, I'm trying my best to be as accurate as I can with what I remember. And I truly appreciate you guys helping me find out who I used to be. Thank you

KenJ, fireflydancing and landsend like this.