Vietnam Soldier Past Life

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Iwaspfcjohn, Jan 21, 2017.

1. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

You have some good details there to start with. Also served in 1965-66, then again in 69.

Could the confusion be due to doing more than one tour? Just a thought.

Do you have any inclination about where you were shot down? Take a look at a map of Vietnam and see if any of the provinces catches your eye.

And also, do you have any idea about where in America you were from?

That information will help greatly with verification. Also if you have any inclination about how you looked/a name that is also another starting point.

A. Anderson likes this.
  2. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Active Member

I have a strong feeling that I was shot down during a bombing run over North Vietnam. Especially with being stationed in Da Nang and so close to the North/South border. I may have been part of a group of fighters but all I can remember is being in my own. Also, I had a relatively good experience in Vietnam, rarely ever running missions and not being allowed to leave the base because I was required to be ready to go at any time so I very well may have served a couple tours. I feel that I was from the East Coast and the southern East coast at that (D.C., Virginia, Georgia, the Carolinas, Florida). As far as what I looked like, I only remember a quick glimpse in the mirror. I was a really lanky kid, tall and skinny, brown hair or perhaps dirty blonde (?), Not sure about my eye color but idk if it'd matter with most all photos taken back then being in black and white

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  3. landsend

Hey if I get a spare moment today I’ll see what I can find out for you. Will PM you if anything comes of interest. I know the frustration of trying to find the right person all too well (am myself looking for someone related).

A. Anderson likes this.
  4. landsend

I know quite a bit too about the POW/MIA issue. Do you feel his body was recovered ? Or that there may have been a possibility of survival? Some thoughts. Some are listed as MIA and body not recovered due to the nature of incidents.

5. A. Anderson

A. Anderson Active Member

I'm pretty sure I died on impact but I may still be listed as MIA because I went down on a mission which I feel was over North Vietnam. Maybe it was just too dangerous and they were never able to recover me alive or dead

landsend likes this.
  6. landsend

Those were my thoughts too. That would also narrow down your search significantly.

7. Lumiere

Lumiere Member

I look at traumatic experiences especially war as having a purpose. I see many here naturally becoming quite disturbed remembering. The emotional imprint keeps you from seeing the reasons behind that moment. Often it has nothing to do with you. I have many memories of myself doing unspeakable things but the purpose was for another soul. I do not come back immediately, there were 14 years between my confederate veteran's natural old age death and birth as the person who died in Vietnam. There were 12 years between his death in battle and my birth. In those periods of time, I work with others to prepare for new experiences. One person I know today, I remember killing his parents in front of him as a Norse raider in a raid on his town. I was about to kill him but felt sorry so took him as a slave to protect him from the others and raised him. I also remember before that he asked me to do this so he could live self sufficiently, something he could not accomplish so long as he had family and friends he could rely on. In many lives, he had tried and failed. This killing took all that from him. I'm sure although I have no memory his parents had agreed to this experience for him too.

My Vietnam death was for a purpose in that life, someone needed to lose an idealized parent to help them with building self esteem and value, and had major positive repercussions for this one.

dtwist, DiscoKitten and Peace of mind like this.
  8. landsend

Am glad you’ve found ways to look past and deal with your memories.
    For many of us, it’s as real as the day is happened on bad days and lives with us, shaping our lives from birth pretty much.

Trauma shouldn’t be downplayed nor trivialised in my opinion.

DiscoKitten and tanker like this.
  9. landsend

Am bumping this thread... putting a 'feeler' out there. It's nearly memorial day over in America. I ought to update my own thread, and will do at some point.

Anyone recall Nam wanna come forward, drop a message here or send me a PM.

Peace of mind likes this.
  10. bordom

bordom Member

Update.
    I’m pretty sure I was from San Francisco if I were reincarnated. I had a dream I was reading over a young ladies shoulder as she was reading a letter. She was wearing a white sun dress with red flowers. The letter had flowers doodled in the top margin in green. I felt as if I were floating above her. I only read the P.S. at the bottom. It said “When you get home we will have a picnic in Balboa Park.” In my dream I knew the letter was for me and I was never coming home. I woke up physically crying thinking “I owe you a picnic.” I googled Balboa Park and it said it was in San Diego but I knew she was talking about San Francisco. Turns out there is one in San Francisco. The love I felt for her was as real as anything I ever felt.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Peace of mind, landsend and dtwist like this.
  11. landsend

Thanks for sharing, Bordom. Have you checked the Vietnam War memorial website? Your name should be up there, if you were from San Francisco you’ve also got an area now to narrow down the search.

12. bordom

bordom Member

I looked at all the bios of the men from San Francisco who died in Vietnam. I found Anthony Eric Johnson who was in 9th regiment in the 25th ID but he died in 68. I was born in 67. The last name and unit fit. Maybe people that have passed share their experiences with people through dreams and we aren’t reincarnated. Maybe they just need an open mind to communicate or there is some other reason for sharing.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Peace of mind likes this.
  13. landsend

Have you considered that you may have signed up in a place other than your childhood / birthplace? Just looking at San Fran might not get you answers.

14. landsend

My experiences can’t be explained by dreams, neither can many others. I wouldn’t say you could come to that conclusion until you’ve out ruled all possibilities. Most likely you’ve just not got the right guy.

Speedwell likes this.
  15. landsend

16. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

"In my dream I knew the letter was for me and I was never coming home. I woke up physically crying thinking “I owe you a picnic.” --

Hi Ray,

I think you should trust your own feelings and perceptions more. You do not react to what happened or to the girl as if this was someone else's life and love--you react as if they were your own. I take that as almost definitive. Maybe not absolute proof, but extremely close.

Psychiatrist Dr. Brian Weiss, one of the foremost experts on reincarnation, was led to believe that it was real because he could treat past life trauma and cure current-life psychiatric problems. This was proof to him that it was not fantasy or confabulation--it was a real-life trauma experienced by the person he was treating in a former lifetime. Somehow I see your case as being similar. Your reaction is "I owe" her a picnic. It is not that "she is owed", or "someone else owe's her" a picnic. It is personal with you. Likewise, the simplest explanation is usually the best.

Cordially,
    S&S