Vision of Anubis Peeking Through My Bedroom Door

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Muse3Owls, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Muse3Owls

Muse3Owls New Member

This morning, about 7 am PST, I lie in bed drifting between the asleep/awake polarities when I "saw" though my eyes were closed, the head of ANUBIS peering in and looking around toward me, and disappearing. He was searching for something.

It scared me! I have never had a vision like that. And it didn't register who/what this god was until I thought about it and I knew it was Anubis.

Lately, I've been wanting to work in pathology, working with autopsies. Could this be my calling? Or is it because I am aware of my shamanic healing gift and am finally willing to embrace it?
    Or both? Kind of freaked me out. I've read it can mean "death is near" that someone is going to die.

2. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I think you are the only one who will know what this means.

Anubis, Egyptian god of the Dead, had the head of a jackal. Anubis guided the souls of the dead to the Judgement Hall of the Otherworld where the souls were weighed for truth on the scales of Maat. He was considered essential in the rituals of Isis and Osiris.

3. Muse3Owls

Muse3Owls New Member

Personal journey

Thanks, yes, it's all part of the personal journey. I wondered if anyone has had a "god" visit you, because other than feeling the presence of Jesus or Christ Consciousness, and nature, elementals, and power animals, I have not.

I'm also wondering if this kind of "appearance" visitation is actually a past life memory of working in the embalming. I do believe that past careers or calling pull us in the current life, from time to time, like a craving for something that we found in it back then but in this life, such as for me "spiritual community and vocation."

4. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I've had a lot of experiences that I take with a grain of consciousness that things get filtered in ways that make sense to me.

One of my guides projects himself in a way that makes it clear how the myths and legends of ancient gods could have formed. He behaves like a "god of mystery, awareness, and moonlight". He presents as a shape-changing dragon-man-serpent (tail) with very dark skin, who is formed of "hidden light" that can seem like darkness to those who can't see it. I also think of him as Aether since his protection has shown up as a dome within the sky that separates the known from the unknown, and which he can expand (or invite me to walk on top) when I'm ready to explore further. He originally showed up in a dream of an ancient, open, stone temple that had been abandoned, and informed me he had decided to be my protector.

All these thoughts are my rendering of his more-than-physical symbology into something I can wrap my mind around. The most I get from him is, "I don't care what you call me. I just am, and that's how you know me."

I think I am familiar with the Greek gods from a past life. They've always fascinated me. So the idea of "Aether" is comfortable and doesn't seem strange at all, even though I know full well that's not actually his real name.

My meditation encounters with Jesus and Michael have played out in a similar way. They accept the myths and stories as a thread of connection, but laugh if I attempt to limit their presence to the stories people share. My insistence that they play their "role" can become the shadowing block between me and their reality. I can prevent myself from seeing clearly just by making assumptions. (edit: To make things even more interesting, Jesus kindly re-introduced me to "Aether" as my guardian when I wasn't entirely sure what to think of non-Christian mythology showing up in my meditations.)

It wouldn't surprise me if a spiritual archetype tends to present itself with the accompanying imagery of a familiar past life mythology.

Anubis sounds relevant to your life right now, based on your reaction. No need to push the encounter into a mold. It can have many levels of meaning depending on your perspective and approach.

5. Muse3Owls

Muse3Owls New Member

Life

Anubis is the son of Life, and he is a deathwalker. Like Jesus, he descended into the worlds and can come and go, master of these dimensions.

I seek life, my guide appeared to me six years ago and told me life wouldn't "really begin" until after my 2nd child was born, indirectly.

She will be six this summer. It's not that I seek a new life, it's that new life is every day. Every day, each moment is the chance to change one's world, and one never knows what is waiting to begin.

In the Tarot tradition, the death card usually means death to an old way and birth of a new. It may actually signal a birth of a new cycle, new relationship, new home, new life.

I don't think Anubis came to me for no reason, he's letting me know that though I fear that things will never change, change is the only thing I can count on. Of course it will be a mystery.

6. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Do you have any interest in Egyptology?

The dream may be abstractly or directly symbolic or perhaps even something dredged up from a past life memory that's piggy backed on something form this life.

I had (and still do) many dreams of being taken from my home. I think it relates to a period in the end of my last life where I was fearing being taken away in the middle of the night by soldiers.

There were many iterations of this dream, but the one that stands out the most is Darth Vader coming to get me out of my bed with a bunch of storm troopers.

7. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Oh, you lucky dog!

Anubis, the dweller in the mummy chamber, Governor of the Divine House, layeth his hands upon (thee.) . . . Thine eyebrows are fair to see in the presence of the Company of the Gods. . . . The Great God looketh upon thee, and he leadeth thee along the path of happiness.

Papyrus of Nebseni

Sherrill likes this.
  8. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I've had Thoth visit. To bad I don't remember what we were talking about!

9. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

I thought Anubis was a Goa'uld

10. Muse3Owls

Muse3Owls New Member

Thank you for the text, here's more

Anubis the Dweller in the Mummy Chamber, Governor of the Divine House ... saith:- Homage to thee, thou happy one, lord! Thou seest the Utchat. Ptah-Seker hath bound thee up. Anubis hath exalted thee. Shu hath raised thee up, O Beautiful Face, thou governor of eternity. Thou hast thine eye, O scribe Nebseni, lord of fealty, and it is beautiful. Thy right eye is like the Sektet Boat, thy left eye is like the Atet Boat. Thine eyebrows are fair to see in the presence of the Company of the Gods. Thy brow is under the protection of Anubis, and thy head and face, O beautiful one, are before the holy Hawk. Thy fingers have been stablished by thy scribe's craft in the presence of the Lord of Khemenu, Thoth, who hath bestowed upon thee the knowledge of the speech of the holy books. Thy beard is beautiful in the sight of Ptah-Seker, and thou, O scribe Nebseni, thou lord of fealty, art beautiful before the Great Company of the Gods. The Great God looketh upon thee, and he leadeth thee along the path of happiness. Sepulchral meals are bestowed upon thee, and he overthroweth for thee thine enemies, setting them under thy feet in the presence of the Great Company of the Gods who dwell in the House of the Great Aged One which is in Anu.

-- The Speech of Anubis from the Papyrus of Nu and the Papyrus of Nebseni

Anubis, God of Embalming and

Read more: http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/anubis.htm#ixzz3W74WI3Nr

11. Muse3Owls

Muse3Owls New Member

Beautiful

The text you quoted is extremely beautiful to me. Thank you.

The full quote makes total sense and is just wonderful to read.

Thanks for pointing me to it. I used to read the Book of the Dead (English translation) just for my own curiosity. I do feel a pull to a past life there, perhaps working as an embalmer.

This might explain the recent pull toward that job for no other apparent reason. Often, I believe we are pulled toward activities and professions from the past lives.

12. RobinC

RobinC New Member

I want to know what this means.. when I was a kid me and my brother shared a room. We had bunk beds. I slept on the bottom and he slept on the top. One night I woke up to and turned towards the bedroom door(which was always open) and saw 2 Anubis but they were different. The body's weren't human like. They both were black facing eachother. They were tall very tall and when I made a noise they turned and looked at me both with RED eyes. They both had sickles that they crossed. Like it was telling me I could not cross. Somehow I ran through them and I have never ever seen them again. Please tell me what that was...