visiting where we lived before

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Aquaria, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Aquaria

Aquaria Senior Registered

Does anyone think it is a good idea to visit the place where you lived in a previous life? Would this help at all, with acceptance or with knowing about who you were? I believe in a previous life I may have lived in Hartford CT. I am still learning about this life so I am not sure. I am thinking maybe I should visit Hartford, just to check it out.

2. bishopk

bishopk Senior Registered

Hi Aquaria - if you're fairly certain of the location then I feel it's a good idea to visit the area. What have you got to lose? You may learn something about that PL that will help in this life.

I would advise, however, in keeping an open mind about what you may or may not experience. Last week I met an online friend in person for the first time. I'd suspected we've had several lives together but told myself to keep an open mind about what I'd feel.

It turned out I seemed to feel the most that she had once been much older than me, possibly my mother. Along with this I experienced some odd separation anxieties around her. Fortunately I was aware of what was going on and so it wasn't too disturbing.

But it just goes to show you don't know what you'll find when you come face-to-face with a PL aspect.

Good luck and let us know if you decide to go there!

Aimee

3. Lights

Lights Lights

I dond't think it's a bad idea to visit where you lived in a past life. In my case, it's my birthplace last life: Chorley, Lancashire. For some odd reason I have a compulsion to visit there when I get a chance. I had a really lousy childhood there, so maybe I need to go there and connect with my past to resolve it.

4. frodo

frodo New Member

I've never visited my PL homes. I've seen pictures of them, and images of those places feel like home. Sort of nostalgic. Especially Japan, although Mexico felt familiar to me the one time I visited there, especially away from "tourist cenral".

5. ssake

ssake Senior Registered

I continue to feel strongly that I lived in New England on the coast, and putting together various clues I gather I also lived in Fredericksburg, VA. Both of these lives--or they could be different parts of a single life--are fairly recent. But I've never been to either place. I really can't afford to travel. So I just accept that if it's ever the right time, it will happen. I would love to have that experience I've read about, where people know exactly where they're going in a town they've never been to (in this life).
    Steve S.

6. Helen Mills

Helen Mills Senior Registered

Visiting where we lived before

Hello, SSake!
    I used repetitive time lines to figure out when my most recent lifetime had been. This was years and years prior to ever going to VA. I only made my first trip there in this life in 1984. My discovery was that I had been born in the late 1700's and died in the early 1800's. I got in touch with the Commonwealth of VA and asked for info. re the family who owned the property back then and if there was a daughter. I found out that the man had a daughter who's birth and death coincided with my dates. I'm attempting to write a book about this experience and ,therefore, will not reveal the property at this time.

7. mertzie

mertzie Senior Registered

Returning to physical place of your past life

Hello All,

I've had a few dots come together for me in the last couple days. From Spirit, I have learned that I lived in a chateau in the Loire Valley in the French lifetime I regressed to and have written about on this forum. I knew a lot about the lifetime but had never been too concerned about the actual geographical location.

Now, believe me, if I ask Spirit for information, I only get it if they are willing (usually I have to wait and see if the answer comes, or if it will ever come). So I was delighted when I asked the location of the chateau I saw in my regression, and I heard, "Loire Valley."

I went online and began to look. Knowing little about French geography, I found out that the Loire Valley was the place for the country homes of the aristocracy before the revolution. It abounds with beautiful chateaus and tours. I spent an hour looking at photos but haven't found my old home yet. It made the fact come to life that I, a French mother of five, had three children killed during the revolution - the Loire Valley, with all of its wealthy aristocrats, would have been a target for marauding revolutionaries. I have always felt they were killed at home, that the house was raided. For all I know, the house may no longer be there.

But in my internet perusing, I noticed that Francois Rabelais, the only famous lifetime of mine that I know of for sure, was born in the Loire Valley, too. As I said, my grasp of geography is so poor that I had never put the two lifetimes together. It appears that if I am to visit my old haunts, the Loire Valley, it should be!

My question to you is: Have you physically gone back to a past life setting?
    What's it like? Did you find what you were looking for? I've heard of people knowing exactly where they're going in a place they've supposedly never been before. Were you overcome by emotion? (That scares me a bit.) Did it all seem incredibly familiar?

I'd love your insights and stories. Thanks. :)

8. buntaro

buntaro Senior Registered

mertzie,

When I traveled to Japan, it was the normal emotional high that such a trip would entail. But when I visited a Buiddhst temple near Tokyo, the first thought I had was, "home at last." (I have since identified at least one previous life as a Buddhist monk.)

9. mertzie

Buntaro - How wonderful! Do you think you were a Buddhist monk in that particular temple? Or was the similar ambience enough to conjure that feeling of home? Was it mostly a feeling of "home" or were there any geographical or material particulars that triggered that feeling? Thanks.

10. buntaro

buntaro Senior Registered

Mertzie,

No, I don't think I was associated with that particular temple - it was just seeing the big statue of Buddha, that was so familiar to me. (Many temples have a big statue of Buddha in the main hall.) So, as you said, it was a similar ambience enough to conjure that feeling of home.

There were no other geographical particulars. However, in this life, when I walked past Osaka Castle (Osaka is a large city in central Japan) I caught myself remarking to myself, "Huh! This time I walked right in the front door with no problem!" (Did I try and fail to attack the castle in a previous life...?)

Mertzie, are you planning a trip to France?

11. Reynardine

Reynardine Senior Registered

I've been to places where I lived in a previous life two times, and will go there a third time soon. Going to London was a bit strange because all these modern buildings looked "wrong" and I could still feel the London I used to know in the 16th century behind everything (if that makes sense).
    Going to Münster was different because the old historic city centre is still intact (or rebuilt after it had been destroyed in WW2) and it still looked a lot like it did in the days of the Anabaptists. It was like being in two places at once, the old Münster and the new one, and like being my past and present self at the same time. While going to one of the churches, I had a vivid flashback of taking part in the desecration of it back then, and when I walked along part of where the old city wall had been (now a park surrounding the city centre) I could "see" the city wall for a moment.
    I'm going to Münster again on Friday - can't wait to see if there are any new flashbacks!

12. Chelle

Chelle Probationary

While growing up, I spent a lot of time at a fort where they were doing archeological digs and rebuilding the fort in accordance with the archeological findings and the records they still have for the place. I used to know things about the place before the archeologists would discover them. I have always felt very comfortable and at home there, as though I had lived there or in a place like it at some time.

In my teens (I was 15 at the time), I had what I thought was a timeslip, but now I think it may have been past life flashback. I was walking along the guard's walk of the fort when it changed. Suddenly it looked different, all the buildings were there (including one that hadn't been built yet in the present) and I felt the sensation of being dressed in long skirts, heavy shoes, a cap of some kind on my head, and stockings under my dress that itched. Below on the parade grounds, a group of soldiers were mustered. There was a guard in front of me (English redcoat) and he yelled at me in an exasperated voice to get down from there before he told my father, and he called me "Mary". At that point, my friend (who had been holding my arm and witnessed the whole thing) and I turned around and hurried toward the stairs, but for a short time looking over the grounds in the fort, it looked like the past overlayed the present. I also knew that "Mary" had a habit of going where she wasn't supposed to and was a bit mischievous. I checked the records, and there was a Mary, age 16, a merchant's daughter, who did live there in the 1700s. The guard wasn't there when we looked back and he couldn't have reached a place we wouldn't have been able to see him in that short time.

13. mertzie

Buntaro - Thanks. Your reply makes me think that just going and being there would evoke past life memories and sensations (although I'm a little scared about that with the tragic lifetime of losing my children...however, I'm not afraid of Rabelais' lifetime at all). -- I would love to visit France, but a trip is a fantasy at this point. Maybe someday. My funds are going elsewhere at the moment, and I am not an enthusiastic traveler: I don't like flying, airports or crowds. It's just neat knowing that, if I were to go, I'd at least have it nailed down to a specific area! :)

Reynardine - When you sensed the old behind the new, did you miss the old? Did you prefer it the old way? Was it sad? I think that would probably bother me - if everything was greatly changed. - Have a great trip to Munster and keep us posted as to any flashes you may experience! :D

Chelle - Amazing story!! I totally love it. Have you never told us this before? It does sound somewhat familiar but with more detail perhaps. (No, now that I think of it, another CPL member - can't remember who - recounted a time slip experience that she experienced in England, so it wasn't you.) So you had this experience at age 15? Similar age to Mary and her memories of enjoying the fort. That's so cool that your friend saw the whole thing with you - how validating! When these slips occur, there has to be a connection. (I would LOVE a time slip experience, as long as it wasn't scary. :eek: )

It's fascinating stuff! Thanks so much for sharing! Anyone else? :)

14. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Everyone!

I have an overwhelming desire to visit Ireland. I've had many lives there, but currently my interests are in Kilkenny, where I had a life in 1640. I know that much of it will have changed since then, but there are a few seemingly familiar bulidings there I'd love to see in person. Italy, too :)

I was wondering if any of you can answer Mertzie's question. Have you actually been to a place you used to live? Was anything familiar to you? How did it make you feel? Did it trigger any specific memories for you?

Curiously,

Ailish:)

15. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

Yup, although it wasn't "intentional". While stationed in Germany way back when I had been studying reincarnation but hadn't had any PL show up. I had an opportunity to take a bicycle trip with a friend. 1/2 way through the first week we came to a little town that hadn't grown out side its wall or it had been rebuilt. We stopped and I knew I was back and didn't enjoy it at all:(
    Turned out I had spent 3 lifetimes in that area all as a tenet farmer. Very poor, with not enough to eat and really bad living conditions. The black plague got me twice and the 3rd time I died because I attempted to fend off some royal guy who wanted my too young daughter for his "pleasure".

These 3 lifetimes were at one of my lowest points as a soul experiencing human life.

Jack

16. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Whoa Jack! That must have been an unnerving experience :( It's interesting that you had three lives in that specific area. Did the "being there" just trigger "the knowing" for you? Did you remember the three lives simultaneously, or was it a slow process of remembering?

Hopefully the next time you get to visit somewhere you had a wonderful life ;)

Ailish:)

17. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

Ailish

Getting into the center of the town did it as it was small place. Looked around to get my bearings and wait for my buddy to catch up. I knew of the 3 by the time we left an hour later. The rest came as I got better at tapping into my past lives. I think part of it was that I was at such a low point spiritually I was making little or no progress, apathy maybe. So was the act of trying to save my daughter the kick that got me started again? Interesting possibility. Was the whole thing a set up? Stranger things have happened I suspect.

Interesting what a question will trigger.

Jack

18. Sacramentum

Sacramentum Senior Registered

When my hubbie and I went down to southern Georgia, specifically Savannah, that felt like home to me and to him as well.

I had past life dreams before, of one particular past life especially, and I recognized the trees that were covered in Spanish moss as being the ones I ran under in my dream on horse back.

When we arrived in Savannah it felt as if I was home there. Like this was a vacationing spot for me. I felt safe and good there. And anywhere we walked I did not feel lost one bit. And being that Savannah is one of the most haunted cities in America and it was near Halloween, we took one of their ghost tours. When the guide was telling us the stories I felt annoyed. As if I knew them all already and they didn't really bother me or spook me. I felt at home in Savannah. My hubbie had a different experience. He knew he worked there before as a doctor and that he fooled around a lot, which makes me laugh lol. He was never really a believer in the past life things until he went to Savannah. We both feel such a strong connection to the city.

Then we also went to Jesup, which is an hour south of Savannah. It's a small town but I feel so at home there. I can literally drive anywhere and not get lost in that area. There is one certain house that I drove past that I got instant chills from and can't take my eyes off of. It reminds me of 'home'.

That was on our first trip down there.
    We just went back in March and spent two weeks there. I had an interesting experience to say the least (got a few orbs caught in pictures) and felt as if someone I used to love was there. I could feel his presence around me and certain songs would come on the radio when I was alone that were basically saying where ever I am I'm there for you.. I know coincidence, but it was always timing that I would change the radio to that certain moment.

When we left, I started crying. Both times, on the plane ride home I felt as if I was leaving my heart back in Savannah. I didn't want to go home.

I'm looking forward to going back there this summer. There is something there that calls to me. I hope to some day to some regression therapy and see if I did spend some time there in a past life.

19. Athlynne

Athlynne Senior Registered

I would dearly love to see my old stomping grounds at Versailles again. I intend to go someday, and if I see any apparitions while I'm there, I'll be sure to let you guys know first. :)

I'd also like to visit the palaces in Austria where my PL self lived as a child. I hope one day to have marvelous stories of these visits to tell you all.

20. Persuasion

Persuasion This time

I desperatly want to visit Spain,France,AUstria,England,Ireland.
    Havent been to any yet.
    Will go in the near future.