• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Was I Anne Frank's boyfriend?

Ever since I researched Anne Frank for a school project, I've been getting a tingly feeling when I see her pictures, but it only started after I learned that her boyfriend was Peter van Pels. I keep subconsciously saying under my breath "I miss Anne so freaking bad" and I have a voice stuck in my head that says "Ich liebe Dich, Peter", which is German for "I love you, Peter." I imagined her looking out the window of the Secret Annex (Google it if you don't know) during the Holocaust, before I saw a picture, and I was spot on, to the very finest detail. I prayed to God that night for a dream that could prove or disprove my suspicions, and I woke up this morning speechless. I dreamt about the Secret Annex. All I remember was it was first person point of view and from Peter's perspective, holding Anne's hand in the Attic they would go to to talk privately. This is where the "Ich liebe Dich, Peter" comes in. In the dream, Anne's diary was missing from her person, probably in her's and Fritz Pfeffer's room (once again, Google it). It was my first and so far, my only Past Life dream, but I prayed for another dream about it tonight so, I guess I'll know tomorrow morning. Another thing I forgot to mention, I sometimes tell myself things like "It happened 71 years ago today" or "She died 73 years ago, Aidan/Peter, get over her." But, love is a strong emotion. I often shed a tear or two when I try to remember more about my/Peter van Pels' life 71 years ago. Another thing, I guess you could say that I have a crush on Anne Frank, but she died at 15 and I am currently 13. And, she and Peter never officially broke up so, yay for me. JK she already Reincarnated. I'm just very excited and confused and scared and... You get the point. It's just a theory right now, but it does have a lot of evidence backing it up.

This is a very decent start. Did you ever get another dream like you wanted? I actually stumbled into reincarnation in a very similar way, finding documentation of a past life of mine that I could trace odd quirks back to, then having dreams and research come later. Just make sure to tread carefully and don't get your hopes too high about anything. I would also be careful with who you trust with this story. Telling friends and family out of excitement could just lead to unnecessary pain. It also helps to document every new memory or feeling attached to the material as you come across it. I wish I had been keeping a journal from the start because I now find my memory of the order in which I discovered things to be a bit jumbled.
Research has helped me a lot, but again you have to keep track of what is memory and what is research. Some people go to places connected to what they believe to be their past. You're probably a bit young for that, but pictures can actually work almost as well. I've known places extremely well just from a picture or two (remembering layout or significance, etc.) and have even had deeply emotional reactions to them (I almost got sick once, I felt that strongly). Just take it one step at a time. I feel like I say this a lot of times on here, but do not go too quickly. I made that mistake and now have past life personality quirks I had since gotten over and old emotional wounds flaring up in this lifetime. This should be exciting, but you also need to exercise patience.

Welcome to the forum! I remember reading Anne Frank's diary when I was 13, the same age you are. I still remember that book in great detail, I'm 36 now, very powerful read. You look like you are making great progress in your memories. Your memories might even be coming to the surface b/c you are around the same age as Peter was. Have you been able to locate your past life parents - Mr and Ms Van Dann ? Please feel free to share more memories. This seems like you are on the right path for remembering your past life memories.

This is a very decent start. Did you ever get another dream like you wanted? I actually stumbled into reincarnation in a very similar way, finding documentation of a past life of mine that I could trace odd quirks back to, then having dreams and research come later. Just make sure to tread carefully and don't get your hopes too high about anything. I would also be careful with who you trust with this story. Telling friends and family out of excitement could just lead to unnecessary pain. It also helps to document every new memory or feeling attached to the material as you come across it. I wish I had been keeping a journal from the start because I now find my memory of the order in which I discovered things to be a bit jumbled.
Research has helped me a lot, but again you have to keep track of what is memory and what is research. Some people go to places connected to what they believe to be their past. You're probably a bit young for that, but pictures can actually work almost as well. I've known places extremely well just from a picture or two (remembering layout or significance, etc.) and have even had deeply emotional reactions to them (I almost got sick once, I felt that strongly). Just take it one step at a time. I feel like I say this a lot of times on here, but do not go too quickly. I made that mistake and now have past life personality quirks I had since gotten over and old emotional wounds flaring up in this lifetime. This should be exciting, but you also need to exercise patience.
Thanks! I seem to remember the address of where Anne Frank and her family hid very well (Prinsengrach 263). I saw a copy of The Diary of A Young Girl (her diary) on a bookshelf in my school, and I felt a tear form in my eye. I repeatedly looked in that general direction, even more than usual. I feel like this was God confirming my past life. And what you said about logging every new memory, I have been thinking about keeping a diary, similar to Anne. And weirdly enough, Anne's full name was Annelise Marie "Anne" Frank, and my ex-girlfriend's name is Mary Anne. If you don't see the similarity, Marie "Anne"/Mary Anne. It's kind of creepy, now that I think about it.

Creepy similarities are part of the territory. After some consideration, I realized that many things from the plots of stories I idolized as a young child to the life story of a character I played in the school play sound oddly similar to the progression of one of my past lives. I even accidentally compared my best friend (from this life and that one) to a character based on their past life persona before I even believed in reincarnation. Your subconscious can do some weird things.

Creepy similarities are part of the territory. After some consideration, I realized that many things from the plots of stories I idolized as a young child to the life story of a character I played in the school play sound oddly similar to the progression of one of my past lives. I even accidentally compared my best friend (from this life and that one) to a character based on their past life persona before I even believed in reincarnation. Your subconscious can do some weird things.
You don't know the half of it. My friends (they don't know about this yet) and I are a little worried about me, because I haven't stopped thinking about how if I kill myself, I'll see Anne again, but they don't know why I am suicidal, just that I am. The only reasons I haven't committed suicide are 1.) The thought of my family's reaction if I did so 2.) The thought that I might see Anne's reincarnation in this life and 3.) Oddly enough, the song 1-800-273-8255 by Logic and Allissia Cara. It's a really good song. 4.) Lots of prayer.
I hope that someday, I'll find that one memory that... seals the deal, for lack of a better term.

One VERY important detail I neglect to acknowledge is my passion ("obsession", depending on who you ask) for anything WW2, especially guns and the Holocaust. I even feel drawn to the Star of David, despite being a very faithful Christian, and Peter was (obviously) a Jew, but then lost faith in God, I guess making him an atheist. I have a paper clip on my necklace to honor the victims of the Holocaust.

You don't know the half of it. My friends (they don't know about this yet) and I are a little worried about me, because I haven't stopped thinking about how if I kill myself, I'll see Anne again, but they don't know why I am suicidal, just that I am. The only reasons I haven't committed suicide are 1.) The thought of my family's reaction if I did so 2.) The thought that I might see Anne's reincarnation in this life and 3.) Oddly enough, the song 1-800-273-8255 by Logic and Allissia Cara. It's a really good song. 4.) Lots of prayer.
I hope that someday, I'll find that one memory that... seals the deal, for lack of a better term.

Listen. I know the separation can be hard. I've felt that myself. But everyone has a purpose in each lifetime. You are so young, I highly doubt you have achieved yours yet. And you cannot let yourself get so lost in the past and the people you loved then that you entirely forget the present and the people who love you now. There is no guarantee you will meet her if you leave this life.

I am also running into a similar problem of passion bordering on obsession and it has been drastically altering my mental state. I am forcing myself to take a hiatus from studying and almost anything that will access that area of my mind until I can correct my course and you might want to consider doing the same. Spend some time with your modern family and friends doing and thinking about modern things. Ground yourself. And you might want to track down a therapist who does or at least believes in past life regression who can talk you through these things.

You are not alone in your struggles. All of us are here for you, and many have been through very similar things. And, having been through the whole suicide thing before, I would really not recommend it, even for honorable reasons.

Keep collecting useful tools and methods for staying alive, WiR. You won't regret it later, once you've made it through this time. I agree with you about that song. It's amazing, isn't it?

One big thing you can do for yourself is to figure out habits you can start to encourage and help others, especially people who are worse off than you. I bet you could talk your parents into helping out with a homeless shelter or something. Give your life meaning. Just like Anne needed someone to show her compassion and friendship in that life, there are many, many people who are crossing your path every day who need the same thing. You don't have to fall in love with someone to create waves of hope that will ripple out and touch thousands of lives even if all you know about is your choice to be kind.

Figure out a kind of exercise that you enjoy and do it. That and getting plenty of sun will help your body chemistry balance out and help you feel more encouraged on a chemical level (never mind it will make you physically stronger for anything else you enjoy doing).

I left early on purpose once before (that I remember) and the moment I did I looked over that life and realized I had given up a whole future of amazing possibilities and love. I'm still waiting to make that time up to the person who had been waiting for me, since I don't think I've had the chance yet. (Our lives haven't aligned in that way so far, and I have a lot of other people in my group as well.) I had no clue what a huge decision I was making at the time.

Even as I type this it makes the tears rise up to remember that realization. It wasn't judgement or bitterness or anger ... just regret. It wasn't wise. I could have stayed. I learned a lot in that moment.

In fact, it seems that subconscious memory of what it felt like to realize I'd wasted a lifetime and abandoned a friend to live without me is what kept me alive this time during the darkest time of my life. Whatever it was that kept me alive, it definitely was worth it to survive. I have an even better life than I could have imagined back then.

Be prepared, okay? Gather up the skills and maturity you'll need to be your best self. There are opportunities spread over your entire lifetime that you can't see from where you stand, so prepare yourself as best you can to reach out and claim them when it's time.

Last edited:
A small technicality is that she was Dutch. The Dutch for “I love you”is “it hou van jou” so unsure how the German fits in

She was born in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, and everyone in the Annex spoke German as their first language because they were all born in Germany.

That's true they moved when Anne was about four I believe. So of course she would know German, the rest of them too. I also feel extremely drawn to the Star of David and find my self subconsciously drawing it at school in my notebooks and math book.

Back