We can't both have the same incarnation; or can we?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by mnrjpf99, Jun 8, 2013.

1. mnrjpf99

mnrjpf99 New Member

I last night I met someone who claims to have reincarnated form the same person as I did. We both have a lot of the same memories as the past life in question. We both feel quit deeply about who we were.
    The problem is that we can't both be that same person can we? Then I had a thought. Is it possible that the person we both were, could have been a temporary walk-in?
    I seem to relate more and have more memories of my past life being younger. She has a lot of memories of her past life being older and remembers the death. Our past life person was 17 at death. She almost died at about age 8ish.
    I first had dreams and memories of my past life person at around 4 or so. My dreams stopped at around 17ish. The other girl started realizing her past life more at about 17 or 18.
    So is it possible the my past life person came into me at around 6 and then left me at around 17 and then went into the other girl at 17ish and is still with her?

2. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Hi,mn, sorry to abbreviate your name, but it's a difficult one! It seems improbable that you would randomly meet someone who claims to have had the same PL as you. Were you both attending some kind of "fan" event, or a reincarnation cocktail party? Nothing wrong with either event, by the way! They sound fun. Some souls have a lot of energy, and it's believed to be possible for them to "splinter", and inhabit several bodies at one time, while still leaving part of the soul energy on the other side. Some people on the forum call them "simcarnates". It's a good term. A nod to Usetawuz for inventing it. This could explain how we get so many well-intentioned people who believe themselves to be Anne Frank, or one of the Romanovs. They could be "splinters" of the same larger soul. We can't discuss "walk-ins" on the forum, but people bring them up innocently, and with good intentions all the time. Is it possible that the other person you were talking to wasn't being truthful? Do you know her well?

3. mnrjpf99

mnrjpf99 New Member

Thank you for your input. I actually met this girl with her past life claims online. I had googled my past life person to see if anyone else was claiming to be the past life I believe I was when I came across her.
    I then was able to get in touch with her online.
    As I said before she claims a lot of thing as I do.
    I do have to wonder if her past life was influenced by education or other means.
    All of my dreams and "memories" were years before I knew who my past life may person have been.
    When I saw who it was my first thought was. "yeah right" but I guess it is what it is.

4. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

When it comes to the Romanovs - there has been a whole slew of people claiming they were one (or the other) from this lifetime rather than having been 'reincarnated.' (See Romanov Imposters.) Science and DNA were able to disprove the long history of people coming forward and making such claims.

Interestingly enough - I spoke with a University Professor of Law in 1973 about reincarnation. Anastasia and the legal battle fought for so long by Anderson was brought up. He felt that if reincarnation was accepted as fact - the courts would be filled with people trying to make claims of their former identities - for - what ever reason.

Mentioning the Romanovs brought up another interesting theory of my own. If two people are claiming to be a 'reincarnated' Anastasia in this lifetime - how do we know one of them isn't having a past life recall as the 'impostor' such as Anna Anderson?

Sincerely,

DKing

5. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Obviously i think it would come down to having to prove initial, secondary and even tertiary facts such as physical features, similar interests, accomplishments, birth date / name similarities and even to friends and family members, since quite often, we are reincarnated in soul groups.

If someone could provide a sizeable volume of this stuff, they'd have a good case.

6. mnrjpf99

mnrjpf99 New Member

To Daking777 I had never thought of the possibility of an incarnation from an imposter. That's a very good point.

With my situation, I had dreams and "memories" at a very young age way before any influence.

To Totoro I have a great deal of personality traits and interests in common with Anastasia. Even though I am a guy, I was told once by my child that was reading a book about her told me "Daddy if your head was bald, you would look like Anastasia". Mind you she had no clue about what my situation was with the whole Anastasia thing.

All I know is that as a child I dreamt of a woman that I will never forget. I remember her saying the name Anastasia in at least 2 separate dreams. I was a child in my dreams and memories. I remember physically looking up at her. She was my mother and when I saw the picture of her a good 18 or so years later, I knew exactly who she was.

To me it makes no difference who Anastasia was. I don't think of what her social status was. I just think of her as a person like anyone else.

Sorry I don't mean to sound so defensive about this.

I very much appreciate all of your input. After all. That is what this forum is all about.

7. BriarRose

I very much like DKing's theory about people possibly having the PL memories from "impostors". That is very plausible. I don't think that is the case with you, mnrjp. I know some of the details of your memories, but I am in no position to judge. As for the "splinter" theory, there were a lot of Romanovs, so if the energy split, it could be in a lot of bodies. I wonder if anyone thinks they were Rasputin?

8. Totoro

Totoro Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Briarrose, ive always thought too that a past life obsession or interest can be falsely interpreted as a past life. Think of all the history buff, war reeanactors ect.LOL

9. mnrjpf99

mnrjpf99 New Member

I agree with you both.

10. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

I’ve been reading books and magazine articles on reincarnation since the late sixties - yeah, I’m old - as well as various boards since the invention of the Internet, and there are some characters who’ve shown up innumerable times throughout the years, going way back to the first articles. Anne Frank, Joan d’Arc, Marie Antoinette, Henry VIII’s wives, the Romanovs, Egyptian queens, there have been way more than two of each. You’ve probably heard about the Hollywood party in the ‘60’s where several actresses all claimed to have been Cleopatra. It got unpleasant, according to the gossip columnists. I don’t know why this is. There’s nothing inherently ‘different’ about these people, which would give only them and no one else the ability to spin off more than one soul, which means there must also be duplicates of, say, my great-great-aunt (a woman of no fame and great poverty but lots of spirit) out there. I hope there is. But some people never show up at all. Which is rather sad. I’d love to talk to Sabina Spielrein or Dr. Schweitzer.

11. BriarRose

An interesting point, Sister Grey. My husband has asked me why there seem to be no reincarnated Hapsburgs. Perhaps there are, and I am unaware. I have been toying with the idea that my husband was Button Gwinnett. I hope there are no other candidates on the forum. :rolleyes: I am aware that Semikew thinks that Button and Ross Perot were the same soul. I actually have more substantiating evidence for my husband's case. :laugh:

12. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I remember Dr. Schweitzer, too.

13. firebird

firebird Registered User

100% agree. The sizeable volume though, if any volume at all, rarely eventuates in many of these claims. Either the individual cannot produce it as they are not who they think they are; or they fail to investigate the records etc. thoroughly enough for the evidence as well as often missing crucial synhronistic/sign-post messages. Relying on memories/dreams alone is sometimes - OFTEN - a mistake, when it pertains to someone famous.
    --
    If more people understood how it's possible to attain memories of the lives of OTHER souls (particularly famous lives), then some would be a little more careful before laying a claim to such a life. There's no doubt there are genuine famous past life claims, but these false claims only undermine those that are real and in the process make a mockery of the subject of reincarnation.

As for cases of a split incarnation - which are not common - only if the 2 people resembled each other would I even begin to entertain the possibility. I.e. Where 2 people have 'memories' of the same life, but in no way resembled each other, I would NOT assume a split incarnation, and I would seriously question the memories themselves too.

14. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

This is really a very curious situation... I'll be honest when I say it makes me somewhat skeptical of reincarnation. But I think a lot of it has to do with simply being able to relate to certain people. We see ourselves in historical figures because, in the end of things, they were just normal people who happened to become famous in one way or another. If we see enough of ourselves in a person, we have the ability to relate to them in a much stronger way. And we jump to conclusions. Not saying you are Mrn. Just in general, I mean.

But what if it all has to do with energy? All energy is perpetual, it can never cease to exist completely. So, what if the energy of generations of people thinking and pondering the life of one person simply amplifies the energy (an energy science has yet to prove; a sort of soul "residue") left from that person. Causing the memories and thoughts to become more powerful, ergo more people pick up the signal. If you have radio stations all across the world airing the same broadcast, more people will be able to listen in. But otherwise the waves eventually fizzle out. We believe we're the reincarnation of the famous because the broadcast is so strong that we can easily pick up on it, as opposed to 'Bob the mechanic down the street who died from a heart attack.' That'd also explain why so many people claim to be the reincarnation of their dead ancestors; great-grandma's energy is going to be projected more so within the family unit than half way across the world.

My friend brought up that he didn't believe in the reincarnation of souls, but of ideas, and I think what I'm trying to get across is somewhat similar, but not quite. I still believe we have souls, and I still believe we reincarnate, but I'm developing (or ascribing too rather; I'm certainly not the first person to have these thoughts I'm sure) the theory that everything that happens to us; everything we do, say, think, feel has energy that can be picked up by other souls. And that happens with a great deal more ease when millions of people are focused on one person, even if for a moment. It makes the energy stronger. Make sense?

15. firebird

firebird Registered User

If the death was a traumatic one and she started recalling around the same age that death occurred in the previous life, that is not uncommon in genuine past life cases. If there is a physical resemblance and other evidence that is hard to challenge, then I would be inclined to believe this could well be a genuine past life recall for her.

16. mnrjpf99

mnrjpf99 New Member

This thread has gotten very interesting with all the different possibilities of this situation. One of the biggest reasons why I originally used the name "Anna", is to avoid all the skepticism. I probably should not have reveled who I thought I actually may have been.

I don't care who I may have been in a past life, I am just trying to figure it all out.

However I do agree with you all about this subject. There are very good points here. One being that god only knows how many Anne Franks and so on there are. I can imagine that a lot of people want to "be" someone famous. Hmm. I do seem to remember chewing on slippers. Maybe I was Jimmy the family dog? I am only kidding. Lol

I do have to wonder about the whole soul split thing. I am not sure what to think about it.

I wonder though, is there a possibility that the same soul can go from body to body from one lifetime after another. The other thing I wonder, is there a possibility that a incarnated soul can leave a body while still alive. Is it also possible for another soul to enter the body as a reincarnation during a NDE but not be a walk-in?

17. BriarRose

My thought would be no, but I am not the ultimate authority on what the soul can do, and what it can't. I had difficulty accepting splits until recently. Then I discovered fairly plausible evidence that I had done it at least once. I have no feeling in this lifetime that part of my energy is in another body, but most of us may not sense "the other" during our current incarnations.
    Red Night, I really like your theory about energy being magnified by the popular imagination, and even by families. The theory would certainly explain some of the confusion that comes from multiple "famous" incarnations. I am on the forum to discuss theories, because that's what it's all about. There are no ultimate truths, as far as I am aware, when it comes to esoteric subjects.

18. firebird

firebird Registered User

I believe it's a lot simpler than this myself - i.e. on the other side, souls experience snippets of other souls' lives sometimes because they are simply curious, or because they want to or need to learn something from that other soul's life experience, possibly for a future life they have planned for themselves. It is often famous lives that they are more curious about, not unlike earth life (ask anyone about Kate Middleton and most people would be able to tell you something about her, from reading magazines or t.v. reports. Ask the same people about Bob the Mechanic, from Rainham in London, and only his inner circle of friends/family would know the man). The soul then reincarnates, with the result that those memories (which are real and genuine) are sometimes recalled, but wrongly attributed to being related to their own past life. This is why, imo, you don't get multiple people recalling the same life of "Bob the Mechanic down the street who died of a heart attack", but rather more people recalling the life of Elvis etc.

Split incarnations are of course possible too, and then you have spirits who remain on the earth plane for a long time (sometimes years) who are able to view events before returning to the light. Their curiosity would no doubt extend to those who are famous. And then you also have spirit guides of the famous - would it not be possible for them to reincarnate at a later date themselves? ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013
  19. BriarRose

Your whole post was interesting, firebird, but I particularly liked the part about the possibility of the spirit guides of the famous incarnating. What you said about souls viewing snippets of other people's lives actually makes the most sense in terms of explaining why there are multiple FPLs. We are "voyeurs" on earth, the same characteristic could easily stay with us on the other side. Perhaps those of us with no interest in "People" magazine never fancy that we were Joan Of Arc? :laugh:

20. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

According to a strange guy I met, everyone was everything in a past life, and we just think we were or are one thing due to the illusion of separation. Lol.