• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Weird hyperawareness moment

Shiftkitty

... but I thought I'd throw this out here. Lock it if it's in violation.

Years ago I was driving a delivery truck. I was dropping off medical supplies to private residents with handicapped household members. I pulled up to one house and took out my clipboard to verify the address. As I set it down I suddenly became hyperaware of the truck's dashboard and everything immediately around me. The clothes I was wearing, who I was, the bottle of water, etc., all became beyond crystal clear. At that moment a thought in a different voice popped into my head:

"It's a cargo conveyance called a truck. I used to drive it for a living."

After that brief bit, my level of awareness dropped back to normal.

I know there's a rule against future incarnation discussions save as conjecture, but this was weird as all get-out and I just wanted to share it somewhere.

Holy cow! As I read that I got a sense of something...some kind of resonance...and I got a brief feeling of hyper awareness of my surroundings...just wow!

Hi shiftkitty,

What makes you sense it was in the future? And, it is ok to post about experiences you think might be. ;)

There was an emotional sensation of someone looking backwards, like someone in the future was being regressed as part of some unconventional therapy. There was a feeling of someone who had never known a world beyond pushing buttons and obeying.

Imagine if you only knew a steady work-a-day world of punch in at 8, punch out at 5, the stable but monotonous life of the typical office drone. Now you see yourself as something so far removed from your world that you can't believe you once had that life, say, that of a hunter-gatherer who punched no clocks, typed no forms, owed no bills, but got up when nature said to, fed him or herself from the bounty of the land, and dealt with the dangers of such a life as casually as we deal with the very real prospect of getting into a major accident on the road. It was kind of that feeling, like "Whoa, you have to go buy your own food? You don't just get your meals issued to you at the cafeteria?"

What I find odd about this is that I don't believe the future is written. Perhaps, if it was from the future, it was from one of many possible futures?

Shiftkitty said:
Any connection with anything else?
Curiously, I posted a detailed review of what I got from your earlier statement and...it was gone!

Anyway, even when I read your comments again, I got the same sense...I felt I could see exactly what I was doing from a greater, more detailed perspective, almost showing someone in detail what I was doing, feeling and thinking through my daily mundane routine. I got the feeling that either someone else, or my higher self was looking in, and that this happens way more frequently than I might imagine. I did not get a future sense, but rather an "out of our time" feeling...whoever was looking is not concerned with our temporal restrictions.

This is really cool and I'm going to pay more attention to how and when these things show up.

Shiftkitty said:
What I find odd about this is that I don't believe the future is written. Perhaps, if it was from the future, it was from one of many possible futures?
I have probably already mentioned this, but one of the most interesting (for me) aspects of the Great Pyramid is that it foretells the destiny of the human race.

There's a strange protrusion of stone carved on a wall inside the pyramid which is about 1 inch in length with no markings around it to indicate what it is. But people think this 'pyramid inch' represents one year.

The theory is if we know the starting point in time we can measure the pyramid inches along the pathways inside the pyramid to identify important historical events and time periods.

Edgar Cayce confirmed this. He said the way the stones are arranged on the walls along the pathways, the colors of the stones, and other things are indicators of important historical events such as the crucifixion of Christ and World War II. These things are indicated down to the precise day and specific individuals.

Cayce said: "The initiates will understand."

The pyramid represents the Earth and the two pathways represent humanity's spiritual journey through the Earth. The positive path gets wider at the point in time that corresponds to the crucifixion. The negative path goes down into the 'chamber of chaos'.

If this theory is true (which I believe it is) it implies that the future really is written in stone. Whether these are mainly indicators of historical periods and influences or if the destiny of every single individual is known I don't know.

Granted we all make choices. But when are (or were) those choices really made ? The beginning of time perhaps and now we are just living them out in a physical world.

As I recall the Great Pyramid indicates that the human race will end around the year 3200.

Edgar Cayce's Story of the Origin and Destiny of Man by Edgar Cayce and Lytle Robinson (1976)

About choice, I don't think it's too hard to believe that we lack control. I mean as a little child coming into the world, you're tossed onto a life path you have no choice over. You get older and you seemingly have more power, but honestly, you're still blind, wandering along some path and hoping you're doing the right thing. I mean, how often does one look back and say, "If I only knew...", but at every stage of your life you're ignorant. We never can hold enough knowledge to make any decision with complete certainty (I mean, there's hunches and intuition, but that's not exactly making the decision from a point of knowledge, either). At all points in time we have but a dim light to tell us where we are going and what we should do, only our small and limited viewpoint. I think it's safe to say that we're more "along for the ride" than in the driver's seat. I think the ultimate choice is if we are going to be a moody passenger or take the ride for what it offers without bitterness.

Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty said:
Have you read Brian Weiss's book "Same Soul, Many Bodies"? If not, you really should. Before I read it 2 months ago, I didn't believe in or understand how our future lives could even be somewhat planned out already - considering that we have free will and choice. Reading that book opened a whole new world to me...

I hope it's not against the rules to restart 8 month old threads, I didn't find necroposting mentioned in the posting guidelines.

Hello Shiftkitty,

In response to your strange experience you've posted, of thinking for a moment in terms of your present being the life review of your future soul or maybe a regression done from your next life,,, yes, that has happened to me a lot.

Hardheaded realists might consider this a flight of fancy, and I admit it sure sounds like one.

My attempts to remember my past lives, and to maybe influence the past just a little like in that movie "The Butterfly Effect", have sort of left my spirit on the edge of being unstuck in time.

And sometimes it's happened, expecially in dreams, that I seem to possess the mind of my next life and am looking at my present life as if it were a past life. In one instance finding myself while nearly asleep and half-dreaming, explaining common everyday things to some people who had pressured me into returning from a future present to a past now.

Or in another, when one of those "others" entered into one of my dreams, and she was speaking in a voice like mine only more perfect, and doing a similar life-review explanation of my present for the sake of unknown parties.

I don't think there's anything wrong with resurrecting an old thread. There are a few that have been given the old "Lazarus" treatment!

It's good to know I'm not alone in experiencing this. It hasn't happened often, and any attempts I've made to interact have failed so far. Doesn't stop me from trying, though!

It was good then to help ease any doubts you had about it.

That might be more of a comfort if I weren't so weird that some people even thought my dream journal was fictional.

Interaction might not be as hard as you think. Just remember, you are them. Everything you might do now to communicate with the mind of your past selves, might become an ability your future life's self can partake of in communicating with your present. That you are more than just your present mind, you are all your minds from all your lives.

Mel said:
Interaction might not be as hard as you think. Just remember, you are them. Everything you might do now to communicate with the mind of your past selves, might become an ability your future life's self can partake of in communicating with your present. That you are more than just your present mind, you are all your minds from all your lives.
Exactly! And well put Mel.

wildcard_seven said:
I think the ultimate choice is if we are going to be a moody passenger or take the ride for what it offers without bitterness.
Yes...are we a part of the problem or a part of the solution.

I too had a much too vivid dream in which I wasn't sure if it was the future, a simultaneous life or even some sort of deeply coded dream.

And Mel, I agree! I've tried some experiments with success to access past knowledge I think I should know, but don't have current access too!

Maybe I should return to the dream and do some more investigation.

In regards to choices, dreams and the future, I am often reminded of the late Robert Frost's poem "The Road Not Taken" and the many paths in a forest we could have taken, but didn't.

IMHO, I believe there are almost endless choices we can make that affect our future in another incarnation, and it is often events in this lifetime that affect our decisions about the future.

Will I be a Male again, what race shall I be, will I be tall or short, fat or skinny and what "cards" will I play with during that lifetime: Cancer, Drowning, Fatal Accident, you name it and you will play with that hand of cards one day in a future lifetime.

IF this belief is true, then is it possible to dream about a future incarnation and not have it get lost amongst the almost endless chatter of dreams/images we are bombarded with every night? :)

Whoa! I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing this! It happened to me this morning, and probably four or five times this year already. It can be a little sad sometimes though; to my mind it's like I've been trust back in time and I am wherever I happen to be at thay moment only as an observer. If I'm by people all of sudden it's like I'm seeing ghosts.

"All these people are already dead. This is just one small part of their lives and I get to witness it."

If I look at my surroundings it's like I'm in some museum looking at an exhibit. This all started in February for me. It makes me feel very detached for a few moments, but it goes away soon and I feel like I'm back where I am supposed to be.

I've wondered if we really do plan our lives before we come down here, then perhaps when we have these experiences we're actually remembering something from that planning stage. The illusion breaks for a couple of minutes, but soon it's over and everything around us feels real and current to us again. But I also like to think that if all time is happening at once that there's just some sort of break or something similar that allows us to see things from a different perspective.

Very interesting topic, Shiftkitty!

Greetings Red Night,

The way you explained how this experience has been for you seems very close to how I've perceived the situation when it has happened with me.

Not so much that the people are ghosts of the dead. But that the "real" time is so far ahead of 2012 that dates don't apply, and the world of 2012 is like a historical reenactment simulation of long past (dead) things. Which some director read in a history book and thought it would make a good drama to play out.

With the souls involved playing pre-written characters like actors would, improvising as needs be. And that the souls who stay in-character are the ones who are totally unaware, and the ones who break character being the ones to notice that the time doesn't feel right.

Mama2HRB said:
This is fascinating. Can anyone go into more detail about what happened?
I think Mel described it pretty well. But it's just generally a very strange experience. This is what I wrote on February 5th:

"Something really peculiar is happening to me that I really don't know how to explain. I feel very strange and out of place, yet I have no idea why. And for some reason I feel almost as if I'm either in the future or the past --- I don't know which, but when I see the date it doesn't seem 'right'. On, there's no use trying to explain it, I know I must sound insane... Everything is like some dream. I'm... Oh! I don't know what I am! It's like I'm viewing all that's around me from a completely different perspective, as if I'm only half-apart of anything!

I've always wondered what it would be like to time travel --- though you would be at different points in either the past or the future you would see everything around you almost objectively because you would know that, wherever you are, you're really not experiencing events in the way everybody else is because you are there simply as an observer. And that is how I feel."

Hello, I am new here, and have been having a terrible time trying to reign in my abilities. The anxiety, paranoia, and alienation are excruciating. I too have experienced this, not all the time, but often, since I was a small girl. I have always felt that who or whatever I was in contact with in the future was logical and rational to the point of coldness, like I was being examined objectively to see if it's purpose could be achieved through me. And then I would know things that I could not, but only for a short time before amnesia would set in. And then if someone brought it up I might remember for a short period, but then I would forget again. So I didn't feel alienated because I didn't remember. I believed it was my higher self, because I was always present when it happened, but now I'm not sure. Now it is different, and I do remember, at least most of it. It isn't good, but I know for a fact that I will sound like a basket case if I talk about it. I am glad I found this site though, so I know there are other people, who are constantly faced with that which the medical community scoffs at, out there somewhere.

Back