• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What are you supposed to do when you recognize someone in this life?

heylady

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum....I guess to be totally honest I wouldn't be here if this wasn't bothering me so much.
Very brief background; I have experienced some spontaneous past life memories of my own and have gotten flashes of other peoples' too.
Now the problem. I have a new co-worker who I KNOW I've met before in a past life. In fact, I believe we have shared several. I am trying desperately not to become obessed with the whole thing...but I wonder if I should tell him.
We have become very close over the last couple of months....btw there is nothing "funny" going on...I am twice his age, we are both married (I can't speak for him but I am happily married), etc..
I just feel this overwhelming urge to share what little I know.
I need all of your opinions on this!!!
What would you do?

I've had this problem many times before, and I certainly don't have an answer to it yet... You do pose a good question though. Is it a good idea, or a bad idea? I think I'll follow this thread.....

I would not say anything to him. I've had this happen to me also. He may think you are either "weird" or "nuts". Unless he says something later that indicates he is open to past lives. In the meantime you can tell us. No one here will think you are crazy.

Welcome to the forum, HeyLady. I agree with argonne that you shouldn't tell him. You work together, and have a meaningful friendship. Telling him could create great awkwardness. Talk about your memories, and feelings here. We are a safe audience.

heylady said:
Now the problem. I have a new co-worker who I KNOW I've met before in a past life. In fact, I believe we have shared several. I am trying desperately not to become obsessed with the whole thing...but I wonder if I should tell him.
Hi,

Of course, this is something you should decide for yourself and my advise is to meditate with spirit and look for guidance through prayer.

This reminds me of the many times this has happened to me. What comes with it is that profound sense of uncanny familiarity and it should be mutual. They should be felling the same feelings. I would always get comfortable in the current freindship and wait for a moment to bring up the first time we met.

"You know, the first time I saw you - I felt like I knew you from somewhere else. I couldn't get over and I still can't get over it. It is like I have a missing memory that is just below the surface and it keeps alluding me."

10 out of 10 time - I got the same reply from the person I 'knew' I had a past life association with. Problem is, not everyone has an understanding of reincarnation and some have a problem expressing or discussing that belief or idea.

I would ask them if they believed in reincarnation. Their reply would shape my response. If they didn't believe in reincarnation or I felt they where uncomfortable talking about it due to personal religious beliefs - I would tell them I thought that prior to being born in this world - there was a big 'waiting room' on the other side full of many souls lined up for entry into the world of man. I would tell them I felt that we had an intelligence there more equivalent to God than to humans. I would tell them that I felt with that intelligence it was possible to mingle with souls and make friends - and during that time - you could possible arrange for a meeting in the world knowing you would have a familiar sense of meeting an old friend from heaven. I would do this to hint at the 'divine nature' I felt was attached to the familiar feeling between us.

The role I looked at this sort of 'bond' established between two people was one of 'student' and teacher. I would be their teacher in certain matters - and they would be my teacher in many things. So, we were both student and teacher to one another.

Wishing you the best in your own past life encounter.

Sincerely,

DKing

I can see many ways in which this could go badly for you. If you were friends in a social setting, you could approach it as friends - e.g. if he said he’s always been interested in the lives of medieval peasants, you could say ’perhaps you had a life then’. If he responded with ‘Satan clearly has control of your brain, go away’, ‘the subject of reincarnation bores me’, or ‘sometimes I’ve wondered that’, you’d then proceed as you would with any normal social conversation. I don’t need to tell you that going to a co-worker and saying ‘we were lovers in a past life!’ would be a bad idea; saying ’we knew each other in a past life...!’ isn’t any better since even people with no interest in reincarnation have likely heard songs or cultural references where that phrase implies a sexual relationship with a ‘soul mate’, and he isn’t going to wait for you to say, ‘...and I was your mother’, before he panics and starts drafting a restraining order. What gender was he? Is he going to turn a funny shade of purple and make wheezing noises if you tell him he was your grandmother? Another question is what sort of relationship did you have in the past? Was one of you subservient or submissive to the other? Was one a parent, husband, lord, master, chief? That dynamic could have awkward implications if it surfaces in the current work place. It could also be awkward if he feels you’re placing some sort of claim on him.

Welcome to form Heylady

alot of us have had this happen.

There are no easy answers I been going through

this with somebody I know

since 2012. we have connection

It's been one hardest things I had deal

with in my life .To see that person

from a long time ago again .

No one word can describe it.

There will be a time as she asks more questions.

I'm not sure you should say anything. I personally wouldn't as it could be awkward and, more importantly, it could be upsetting or unwelcome to him. It might even be disrespectful if he doesn't share the same belief.

If I wanted to tell someone because I felt it was important, I'd try to bring up the subject of past lives and see what he thought about it. Then over time I'd ease into it before saying that, just to make sure he wouldn't be deeply offended or creeped out.

So far, I have never recognized anyone from my past lives in my current one, other than my brother. If it was me, I would want to get to know this coworker better before (if ever) saying anything. It's kind of a tricky subject with people. Except here on this forum, of course! :)

I want to thank everyone for your thoughtful answers, you have really helped me with this! I have to say that at first, I had thought telling him was the right thing to do, but I realise now that it would ease MY feelings only and could very well damage our friendship. So silence is the answer!

"relationship with a ‘soul mate’, and he isn’t going to wait for you to say, ‘...and I was your mother’, before he panics and starts drafting a restraining order. What gender was he? Is he going to turn a funny shade of purple and make wheezing noises if you tell him he was your grandmother?"
Sister Grey that just cracked me up!!! LOL
For the record, what little I do remember of our past lives in the one we were married only I was the man and he was the woman. I have no other information on that. No real time sense or anything. The other was an ancient memory of us hunting as velociraptors....we were in the same "pack"....we might have been a mated pair but I'm not sure on that.

Thanks again everyone! :Dk

There was a story I shared on another thread which relates to this topic. In 1974, I met a young friend and we both had spontaneous recall of a past life together. This was the fifth time it happened to me and it was overload for my mind. The way I look at it now - it was like opening a closet door in my mind and then slamming it as quickly as I could. He, (on the other hand) kept it open and rummaged around in that past life. He wanted me to open up that 'hidden pocket' again and verify what he had sight of. I would just acknowledge that -'yes'- there was a past life there, but, I didn't want to talk about it. He wanted to verify it - so I told him, "Go to God. God has a way of doing that better than I can." He was spiritual minded and had his own spiritual experiences similar to my own. He knew what I was talking about. He came back to me a few weeks later and said, "God verified it for me and showed me future lives we were going to share together as well." It wasn't shown to me in a vision - so - my attitude was I didn't know. I thought maybe he was just trying to pull my leg to open up the hidden closet door. I listen to what he said but was skeptical. He told me that he wasn't long for the world and was going to die young. He didn't have all the details and just had general impressions. He told me, "You have to prepare for my loss or, you not going to be able to continue on your path until we met up again." He told me that when he passed away - his spirit would come and put a lock on the memories we shared in this life. It wouldn't be unlocked until I crossed paths with him again when he was in a new body. He even told me things I was going to say to him in the future - when he wore the body of a different person. I laughed and said, "How can you know what I am going to say before I even say it. I will believe it when I hear the words come out of my own mouth."

We shared intimate and private conversations between 1974 and 1975. We played war games together and looked at it as a 'secret mission' and scoped out what details we could with the limited information we had to work with.

"God told you this?" / "Yes." / "Then I will take you at your word."

He told me that when he died - his spirit would travel with me for a couple of years - and right before he was scheduled to be born 'anew' in a different body - his spirit would come and remind me of the details again.

He told me that we had to create a 'fake fight' between us - to create distance so I wouldn't be so hurt by his loss. On Feb 14, 1981 - my Dad approached me and said he had bad news. My family had adopted him as a member of the family. He told me that Tony had passed away and I blinked my eyes and all memories of him were gone. His spirit was standing right behind and me and I heard his voice. I had no earthly idea who he was as a human and felt I was being introduced to his spirit for the first time in my life. My Dad was upset because I refused to attend the funeral. I told him, "Who ever you say this guy is - is standing right behind me right now saying, let the dead bury the dead and let the living rejoice with the living. He says he aint dead to me like he is to the rest of the world. He says we are about to have more fun together than we have ever had."

His spirit was constantly with me for 2 years and in hindsight now, we did have a great deal of fun together. His spirit kept coming to me in dreams and visions and re-telling me the things we had said together in childhood. "Don't worry, you will remember it when I unlock your memories again. I just want you to remember me saying it while I was alive and while I was in the beyond. That way, you can't deny it being said to you."

On Feb 14, 2006 I looked up to see a young man wearing a Mohawk. It was like a crack was created in a large **** and the next thing I knew - all the memories of my childhood friend came flooding back over a course of a few weeks. It was like a massive puzzle had been in place in the past -- scrambled, locked away in a box - and now they were all falling into place.

I couldn't count the number of confirmations I received during that period. What his name would be. What his birthday would be. What his Father's name would be. What his nationality would be. Personal circumstances of his current situation and life. Everything about this young man I met in 2006 had been discussed at great length in 1974 and 1975.

I asked him if he believed in reincarnation - and he told me no. I recalled a discussion in 1975 and again in spirit in 1982. I was NOT to wake up the 'sleeping mind' of the 'stranger' he would become to me - and put a burden on his emotional, spiritual or psychological state. I had to swear out a promise to my old friend 1975 and 1982 - not to reveal the secrets I carried about his former and past life. It was not meant to be.

...................>

.................> cont'd

If there ever was a perfect case for scientific study - I felt this was it. I could have taken him to his old hometown, introduced him to his old family and friends, showed him the former obituary and - utilize hypnosis to access that hidden closet door.

After it was all said and done and we parted company - I recalled something he had said to me in 1975. "I am going to get you back for not sharing your memories with me in this life time. The shoe is going to be on the other foot in the future." Looking back - I don't feel this was the foundation of what happened. He kept telling me in 1975 - that I was going to be reacting like he had reacted. I feel it was more of an observation and not the reason (or foundation) for his future 'lack of memory' regarding his past life. He was not the first I encountered with 'missing memories' of a former life - and he was not the last. All the other cases where the same. I call it a 'sleeping mind' and I was told 'not' to disturb the state of 'forgetfulness.'

My feelings are - if a mind is meant to have access to past life memories - it is the 'heart, soul, spirit' and the divine which will open up that door and reveal hidden memories. Any revelations concerning a past life coming from a stranger - isn't going to be accepted as divine as much as 'suspect'.

Sincerely,

DKing

Every time I have had an overwhelming urge to do something it meant I was supposed to do it. You could start a conversation asking what he thinks of reincarnation and feel him out from there.

You could be missing something amazing by not opening up ....

:playing: <- love this icon :)

I did contact someone about possible reincarnation and at least one past life linking us (I'd had very detailed and disturbing dream about him, which was interpreted for me by a psychic friend I trust). He replied to my letter with good humor and positive curiosity, and after corresponding for a couple of years, I met him in person, and one of those "Oh, there you are, finally, for heaven's sake come here!" hugs happened, the kind that simply forces you to recognize that this is real and it's real all the way through. He didn't believe in reincarnation or much of anything, but was perfectly comfortable discussing the idea and humoring my more "out-there" comments about our past lives together (at least one as fellow monks in a medieval monastery).

We stayed in touch and even contributed a bit to each other's work projects despite the disparity between us (he was in a different but related line of work, of a different generation, and lived 2000 miles away), but eventually he stopped responding to occasional notes from me. A psychic friend "looked into it" and told me that this man had had some setbacks in his life and career lately, some related to his age -- he's about a decade and a half older than I am -- and that, being very prone to self-criticism, he no longer felt that he could hold up his end of this long-distance friendship. I was sad about it, but on the other hand, I don't doubt that we'll be dancing a dance or two together in a future lifetime or ten, so okay.

The point being, you just never know how these contacts are going to work out (or not), so in a way it depends on how adventurous you are, and how willing to accept disappointment or a roller-coaster ride etc., whether you make use of an opening to comfortably bring up the subject with the other person. There or risks, but rewards too: I'm glad we were able to communicate well for just those two or three years.

I think when it comes to recognizing someone from a past life it's very much a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book sort of solution.

Sure, you could opt to bring up reincarnation one day and see how the conversation goes. Or you could stay quiet on the subject.

Myself? I opted for saying nothing out of fear that the young woman in question would think I was absolutely insane. Sometimes I regret that decision - but it was the decision I made.

In your situation, this man is a coworker and that could make for a rather interesting work situation. Whatever you decide, good luck.

I think it depends on how close you are with them.

I've mentioned one of my best friends before and I finally realized he was my brother before. I kept it to myself for a while before telling him and he didn't respond to it at first but the next time I talked to him he said it made total sense. Especially the fact that I act like I'm his older brother and he always comes to me for advice even though he's 12 years older than me.

Back