What carries across from past lives into present life?

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Kristopher, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

In my opinion, I think it really depends on what events took place in the past life. Due to our free will, we may avoid or enter traumatic experiences that might shape our future personality. A person who was mentally scared by bullying in a past life may be a naturally shy and insecure person in this life.

I do think little things that don't matter too much tend to stay with us. Studies by Dr. Ian Stevenson show that people may carry a taste for certain foods over to another life. For example, a person whos past life was in Japan may really enjoy raw fish, as was the case of an American child who remembered a Japanese life, and could also speak Japanese by around the age of three.

Career choices may also be carried over. I don't just mean that, for example, if someone was a fisherman in a PL, they'll be a fisherman in this life. I mean that we could make a career out of something personal from a PL. If someone a soul loved, or indeed themselves, died if a fire, for example, they may choose to be a firefighter in this life.

Lia1992 likes this.
  2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

It is my humble opinion that all of us have experienced many thousands of past lives in relatively close succession; and that our individual souls are in a constant state of development of some kind. As a result, I surmise, we react from past experience in much the same way that we are conditioned by our experiences within just one lifetime. But that is as far as any commonality can go. In other words, when seen in sum, as dynamics of soul growth, our souls and our behavior becomes ever more unique and unpredictable. In one case, for example, someone who has experienced severe abuse or bullying in one life might enter their next life seeking retribution or justice. However, that same person could also choose to enter their next life seeking protection for the abused, or they could endeavor to practice forgiveness. In yet another case that person could end up being an abuser in the next life. The choices are endless, and they depend upon a myriad of other influences that cannot be quantified or predicted. It is the sum of all our experiences that makes us each unique.

Yes, I sincerely do believe that we carry into our next life all the experiences and feelings that we have ever experienced; but that connecting our present behavior with specific past life experiences is a largely futile exercise, which can be misdirected and misapplied.

Lia1992 likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI,

I think Roger Woolger gives the best description for what carries over. Look into his article titled the Deep Memory Process.

4. Rob

Rob A Very Cool Member!

I Believe It is CHOICE, pure and simple

I believe that past-life choices always can affect a present incarnation, as do the choices a soul may choose between lifetimes. However, I do not feel that we are just the mere sum total of our choices instead of pure choice itself. Even though we may sometimes perceive ourselves as victims of past choices, this does not override the "voice" of the soul, which I feel IS choice, present and always alive.

We have the choice to decide what it is we desire to give to the Collective Consciousness. We Even have the ability to, with intensional purpose, decide what it is the soul wishes to accomplish in a future incarnation even as we are incarnated in the present one. I believe the soul honors the desires it creates in its incarnations and has no reason not too.

If it is okay with the forum monitor, I would like to share comments on a video vlog relating details of a future incarnation personal to me. It is relevant to the topic of connecting incarnations with choice as a means of purposeful, intentional creation. And after all, since we are allowed to share information here about past-lifetimes, why not a future one? It's a process ANYONE can consciously do, not just me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    Lia1992 likes this.
  5. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

I am founding most of mannerisms comes

from Jazz age life . Holding a pen or paint

brush like cigarette extender they had in 20's

I mimic like I am smoking said pen or paint brush

without realizing it sometimes.

6. Lia1992

Lia1992 Member

I find this thought to be very interesting!

For my next life, I wish to grow up in a family who has a more progressive view of child raising than my current parents. And I also wish to have a sister and be born as a girl myself.
    It's a very strong desire right now so do you think that these desires will come true in my next life? :)

Jim78 likes this.