What cd's do you recommend for meditation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Marc Ross, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Here are a few recommendations for audio recordings which may help in 'past life recall' exercises.

* Stephen Halpern: Deja-Blues. Some listeners reported 'Deja-Vu' like memories which may indicate 'past lives'

* Dean Evenson: Ocean Dreams. Forest Rain is also good choice. Evenson's recordings contain a sound frequency called "Earth Resonance Frequencies" (ERF) i.e., Schumann Resonance, natural atmospheric sounds. The ERF is very close to sound frequencies which may be associated with 'past life recall.'

*Any authentic recordings of 'Tibetan singing-bowls.' William Buhlman's 'OM' recording has been mentioned in this forum.

Has anybody had 'Deja-Vu' like experiences (past-life memories) listening to recordings of Northwest Native American ceremonies?

Any additional suggestions?

2. Aquaria

Aquaria Senior Registered

In my regressions (well, I've only actually done one but in future ones) I just put on soft relaxing new age music. I love Spirits Of The Rainforest by Diane Arkenstone. I'm listening to that CD now actually. I also like Between Earth And Sky by Gandalf. I sleep with my music on, and it helps me sleep. One day I woke up and just lay there and listened to it 6 times in a row. Good music, hypnotic...

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Sound and vibration are such an important part of memory - collective and individual. It can act like a trigger - or resounate within the body to open up the energy centers and allow memories to surface.

I am a strong advocate for the 1999 version of the OM CD by Buhlman.

4. Libellule

Libellule Iridescent Insect

I just ordered Healing Your Past Lives: Exploring the Many Lives of the Soul by Roger Woolger. It comes with a CD. I'll let you know what it's like (but don't put too much faith in that... I have a feeling I'll probably fall asleep!). :D

Lib

5. Libellule

I tried the CD that came with Woolger's Healing Your Past Lives: Exploring the Many Lives of the Soul. It didn't work for me. I tried the first two tracks, and got thoroughly frustrated. They're very short, and much of that time is spent with him doing too much leading, or talking about things that don't apply to you personally. An example: In the first exercise, he has you go back to playtime in childhood (in this life). He asks if you have a special toy with you. My answer was "no". Unfortunately, his next five or so questions were relating to this toy that I didn't have. I got so frustrated I lost all my focus. In the second exercise, a similar thing happened. In a real regression (ie. sitting in a therapist's office, one on one), if you answered "no", the therapist would go on to something else and not belabor the point about something that's not applicable.

This is the first CD of guided regression I've tried. Due to the nature of this type product and it needing to be a "one size fits all" sort of thing, I'm hesitant to try any others for fear of the same problem. Are all CDs so general and so leading?

Lib

p.s. That's not to say the book that came with the CD was bad. I really liked it. There are many fascinating stories within it. It was just the CD that was a disappointment.

6. Chelle

Chelle Probationary

I didn't have any luck with the first track either. Once I was finally able to visualize a childhood activity I kept skipping from childhood activity to childhood activity and couldn't stay focused. :rolleyes:

I did have better luck with the second track, but that was on the second try. The first try just didn't work. I haven't had time to try the rest of the CD yet.

7. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Liubelle...and I thought it was ME!!! But, the book is good..... :D

I've personally used Hemi-Sync and Tibetan Bells for past life recall. They are both relaxing and without words....so my subconscious just leads itself.

8. Libellule

Dick Sutphen CD

I ordered Dick Sutphen's Past Life Regression CD (the ultra-depth one) a few weeks ago, but I didn't get around to trying it until last night. I didn't think it would work... Surprise, surprise! :)

If nothing else, it has a great relaxation portion at the beginning. I was so limp... I don't think I've managed to relax that much in ages! I'm not sure how long the actual regression portion is... long enough, I'd say. The induction is quite long, though, which was why I was worried it wouldn't work; I found my mind wandering a little bit. And I kept itching! The right side of my face and neck was driving me crazy, and I was worried that all the scratching was going to bring me out of the trance state. But the itching was explained by something I saw in the regression. :rolleyes: I guess my subconscious knew what it was doing.

What I liked about this CD is that there wasn't a lot of leading, especially once you got to the actual regression part. And, unlike the Woolger CD, there were long periods of blank space where the voice just tells you to observe what you see and feel. That worked a lot better for me, and for most of the pauses, there was plenty of time to see what I needed to see.

The only thing that I was a little disappointed with was that there was no instruction to go to your death. You were basically exploring the large events of that life (I suppose your death could come up, if it was one of the main traumatic events). So, even though I felt like I came up with a lot of stuff (feeling like I was making it up, of course, even though he says right on the CD that you'll probably feel that way), I don't know how I died in that life!

This is only the second PL regression CD I've tried, but it worked a heck of a lot better than the first one. It's nice and relaxing, too. :)

Lib

9. Liz O'C

Liz O'C Liz O'C

I have tried a few "guided regressions" on CD's I've received with books including a "Lucid Dreaming" CD by Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D. Although I have had some success with astral travel as a child, none of these things have helped me to remember anything from my PL's. I would love to see a regressional therapist in my area (Philly/N.J.) but am nervous to see somone without a recommendation. Any Ideas or suggestions?

10. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Audio Recordings helpful for PL regression.

Hello,

Stephen Halpern's CD recordings may assist in PL regression attempts. Have any of the following recordings been helpful?:

* Tonal Alchemy -- The Japanese Temple Bowls, and Tibetan Singing Bowls produce binaural-beat frequencies (about 8hz -- which may act as "a trigger of sorts" of PL memories).

* Chakra Suite.

* In the Key of Healing.

* Deja Blues -- This recording has been reported to evoke PL memories.

Have any additional recordings been helpful? Halpern's work with "sound therapy" is the best-known in the field of "sound therapy."

Thank-you

11. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

Denise Linn "tape"

Journeys Into Past Lives [UNABRIDGED] (Audio CD)
    by Denise Linn

Though I had experienced many past lives through visions and meditations, I found the tape version of the cd product helpful in the past. She has also written a related book that includes "Dreams" in its title.:rolleyes:

However, I recommend a group session if you have local regressionists, if you don't feel the need for a private session. I have participated in over four group sessions, but no private sessions.

Ms Linn gives really expensive seminars too!
    Her audio products:

http://www.deniselinn.com/audio-Phoenix-Rising.htm

12. mejensen1

mejensen1 Probationary

Shamanic Dream, Anugama

I first found this music as a soundtrack to a Yoga session videotaped on Maui called:

Sacred Yoga Practice with Rainbeau Mars - Vinyasa Flow

But subsequently located it at my local library as a stand alone cd.

In his CD, Angugama uses the didgeridoo plus a drum beat, combined with sounds of nature, and subtle synchronization with certain brain wave patterns to produce a great ALPHA inducing work of art. It isn't too precious, such that you can just sort of play it when ever it is convenient and still obtain relaxtion benefits. It seems to help with "reverie", like past life reverie, that would be self directed.

Reviews and samples are at Amazon.

Anugama is a German, originally from Cologne, but resides on Maui.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...633764-1016622?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174

13. Fab

Fab Senior Registered

I have listened to the mantra "Kodoish" and it was very relaxing to me. I felt a lot of vibration on my body and an enourmous feeling of peace. :)
    It did bring me some visuals but i didn't make any connections with my possible PL's yet. ;)

14. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

For the most part I meditate without any aids of any sort, which is how I’ve done it for the 45-50 years I’ve meditated. I have used the OM CD three times now, with mixed results, and because I had to move my recliner out of the room where my computer is, I won’t be able to use the OM again, at least for a while. I do keep a journal of meditation and dreams, and I usually will read or review recent entries before I meditate. Some sessions I simply clear my mind with no specific goal, and focus on my heart/soul. Many times I’ll give myself a suggestion, or focus on an image I’ve received within the past few days or weeks, before clearing my mind.

The main thing I’ve found that works for me is to always focus on the positive, as negative thoughts usually cause my mind to wander and worry about every day life. Rather than trying to force myself, or my mind, to zero in on something from the past, I simply try to be open for whatever my heart or soul is ready to show me. I end most of my meditations asleep, partly because I relax so much, and partly due to sleep deprivation, so most of my inroads come from dreams. Quite often I’ll have what I call waking dreams, where I’m waking up, but a very vivid dream keeps me from waking up fully. Now knowing any of the terms used my connection with PLR, I don’t know if this is what I’ve seen referred to as lucid dreaming or not.

I keep a micro cassette recorder next to my recliner, which is where I sleep, due to severe and extensive arthritic pain. I always record my thoughts when I wake up, to later add to my journal. I meditate several times a day, but don’t seem to receive PL information more than once or twice a week at best, or at least don’t recognize more than that. I dream maybe half the time I meditate, and most of that seems to be of memories of this life. Currently I’m trying to flesh out memories I received through an Imprinting, but my last two dreams have been about my father, who I lived with all my life, and cared for over 7 years after he suffered a massive stroke, until he died in 1995. I wonder if he has some reason to want my attention right now?

John

15. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Fab passed on "Kodoish" to me and it was quite powerful :thumbsup: I mainly use the OM cd recommended by the Forum Staff - it's excellent.

I also really enjoy Tibetan Bells and/or bowls.

Ailish

16. Raj

Raj Registered User

I am not expert, just somebody who reads a lot.

There are many differtent mantras you can use, for the purpose of altering your consciousness. In fact the sound of vowels themselves can elicit biochemical changes in the brain - that's altering consciousness technically. When choosing a mantra, you should be aware of what you want from it. Every mantra, has a seed, a specific seed or power and in meditation you reveal that seed.

It need not be a sound, it could be an object or mental thought. For example, you could meditate on the thought of love or wisdom, and in deep meditation, the seed of that will be revealed to you.

It helps meditating on deeply resonant sound(rather than abstract thought) which naturally entrains the mind simply by uttering it properly. The sound of Om or Aum is considered by the ancients to be the most powerful of all Mantras. There is a reason for this; the sound Om is thought to be the cosmic sound, that is the entire universe is vibrating at the sound of Aum. In Samkhya and yogic philosophy, the entire universe is a resultant of this cosmic sound of Aum, originating from the source of consciousness, vibrating the field of Prakriti(nature) This cosmic vibration is also called svara, meaning breath. So by sounding Aum properly, with meaning and intent, we are breathing with this universal breath and thus resonating with the universe and the source of consciousness. It is thus cited as a faster route to cosmic consciousness.

When you know the philosophy and the deep meaning behind Aum, it becomes more easier to meditate on it and you start to realise the profound effects it has on your consciousness. You should utter it, such, that your entire being vibrates.

Some other mantras I use, that you could try, are the Chakra Mantras: Ham(throat), Yam(heart), Ram(solar plexus), Vam(sacral), Lam(base); the spinal mantra: So(inhale) Ham(exhale) and "I'm" I've also recently started using "Ong Na Mo Guru Dev Na Mo" and "Sat Nam" and "Wahe Guru" as part of Kundalini Yoga.

Another powerful mantra is the Gayatri Mantra.

You also mentioned visual stimuli. I would recommend gazing at Mandalas or Yantras. The Sri Yantra is the most powerful of all yantras, which funnily enough, is the sound of Aum in it's visual form. This was demonstrated recently in an experiment, when the sound of Aum was spoken into a tonoscope, the Sri Yantra was revealed at the end. Mandalas all represent the universe as fractal, where parts of the picture will be microcosms of the whole macrocosm, which reflects the soul and it's relationship with the universal soul.

17. wildfire

wildfire Registered

Using Meditation to look into a Past Life

Hi, I just have a Question, I am starting to get into Meditation to see if I can find out about a Past Life where I was possibly a WW2 Soldier but I am not sure what the best method is to do it.

My friend sent me this MP3 File called Hemi-Sync - Meta Music - Crystal Voices - Chakra Meditation and when I listen to it I feel very relaxed but I am thinking about too many things and having trouble calming my mind to really get anywhere with it. :( What other Audio Files would be good to listen to that would maybe work better? Thanks.

18. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

The one a lot of members use is Buhlman's OM cd. It uses sounds and vibrations with can effect the two hemispheres of the brain, which aid in recalling PL memories. It has a variety of sounds on several different levels, and a few different voices mixed in. You can find out more about it here, OM CD .

John

19. Wulfie

Wulfie Dreamer

Hi Wildfire,
    I know a lot of folks use relaxing meditation and self hypnosis and such to do regressions but there are other ways too. Some people have busy minds, like what you describe as thinking to many things to settle down. So another good way to go at it is using the active mind. In this method you involve the mind in the meditation to keep it busy and get it to play nicely with you. lol

You mention a WW2 soldier. To investigate that with active meditation, you simply picture the soldier in your mind and then attempt to get as many details as you can. It's good to ground yourself into the experience so start with the feet. Visualize his feet, what's he wearing? What is he standing on, grass, ledge, rock, a road? What's he wearing for pants? Shirt? Coat? Work your way up until you know what's in your hands if anything. Once you get your hands involved you can touch your face. Do you need a shave? How long is your hair? Then look at your feet again and pan your vision forward until you can see what's in front of you. What do you see? And from there you can bring in your other senses. What do you hear? What do you smell? And once your senses are involved you can gather all sorts of intel.

When you're through simply turn off the senses. Move back to your present body and mind. Wiggle your toes, fingers, legs to ground yourself back in that awareness. If something startles you there you'll fly right back to normal awareness and probably need to take a minute or two to get comfortable in yourself again. Wiggle, Eat and drink something. There's rarely a full cross over; meaning you won't 'become' that other and lose yourself, because you're the one making all the decisions.

I would caution that, if you are highly suggestible or obsessive compulsive or overly emotional then move slowly. Take in a little bit, return to normal and write that down. Then don't do it again for a day or so. This keeps it distant. Also, a good night's rest helps keep things in perspective and may give you some dream information that will help. And if you sense that there is severe trauma coming up then stop working with that life until you have some professional guideance with it or the support of a friend or two to help you go through it.

Wulfie

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Forgot to play nice

One thing to keep in mind is that meditation is a learned skill just like anything else. It takes practice learning to shut your mind's chattering off and focus. And sometimes you just have to get up and deal with whatever your mind is fretting about in order to get some peace to meditate. Just keep practicing.

For me, the most important thing is having a place that I can meditate and know that I'm not going to be interrupted. That allows me to let go.

Good luck,

Phoenix