What did my Grandma mean in my Dream?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Amy Rose, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Amy Rose

Amy Rose New Member

So a little while before I had this dream I was really upset thinking about my ex boyfriend and randomly thought of my Grandma who died about seven months prior. The thought of her made my whole body feel warm like she was hugging me or something for a few seconds then it went away. I always felt that she had moved on from earth to another place. Then a few weeks later I had this dream. It was about three months ago now.

It started off a a random dream I was running around kin,d of like Mario in Super Mario Sunshine, in this old steel factory and then randomly it went all black. The next thing I know the view slowly zooms in from an aerial view to a close up of this old wooden house.

It was the front of the house, there was a sheltered wooden porch only about two feet off of the ground. The house had that "seen a better day" greyish tinge to the boards. In between the cracks there was that mud mixture stuff the pioneers used to keep the boards together. There was a screen door in the dead center of the house. A window was to the right about two feet. It was one of those thick panned unfinished windows. There was prairie grass surrounding the house. And the sky was a nice deep shade of orange. It felt pleasantly warm. It seemed like there wasn't any sort of time frame.

My deceased Grandma was sitting on the steps. She looked really pretty, like she was about in her 40's 50's. She was wearing a white cotton floral print dress, that covered three quarters of her legs and was sleeveless. There was a small black and white collie dog sitting beside her loyally.

She was smiling and looked so happy. These are the exact words she said, "It isn't so bad here. I'm happy. They are making me work for the better. I'm not lonely, they let me have my dog. Don't worry."

Then I woke up. I am a person who dreams a lot and have never had a dream like that. I didn't feel like I was dream. I don't know if this makes sense but I felt my being was there, in the place where Grandma was. I felt happy and tranquil.

In the morning when I woke up I described this dream to my mom. She was shocked and asked me if I knew what day it was today. I said no. She told me that today was Grandma's Birthday. I was beyond shocked. My mom got out some old photos and showed me the old wooden house she grew up in at the farm. It was the exact house from the dream. And she showed me a picture of the farm dog my grandma had growing up and it was once again the exact dog from my dream. My mom also said that orange was my Grandma's favorite color. And I knew that my Grandma loved nothing better than being in the prairie on the farm.

Ever since then random things happen. Like in the morning when I'm getting ready I listen to music. I was playing Hank Williams (I like old country) and randomly my I pod switched itself to Patsy Cline. She was my Grandma's Favorite. Random stuff like that happens like stuff moves or lights turn off and I randomly think of my Grandma. I also avoided a car accident too and the first thing I thought of was once again my Grandma.

I've just to the conclusion now that my Grandma is watching over me now. And that she brought my being or soul or whatever you want to call it that night to the place where she is. I just have a few questions though. What did she mean by they? And what do you think working for the better meant?

Personally I believe that she was talking about working towards reincarnation. I know she always believed in that sort of stuff.

Sorry if this is a rant, it just feels good to get this experience off my chest.

2. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

She is telling you she is very happy in Heaven and that she was able to obtain her home again (well, a duplicate of it there) and she has the soul of her beloved dog with her.

Have you been worrying about her? She is coming through your dream and your ipod to let you know she is around and she loves you.

I hear often from my father, and I know he watches over us from Heaven. I consider it a wonderful gift. :)

Next time talk to her .. and if you get a thought that is not your own it is a message from her.

Hugs

3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Amy Rose,

Welcome to the forum. Thank you for sharing your beautiful dream. It sounds like your grandma has triggered a new awareness for you. You know, you are more open to the signs and messages from spirit.

Tell me more about your grandmothers belief in reincarnation. I am interested in what the older generation thought - even if it was in secret.

4. Amy Rose

Amy Rose New Member

Thank you very much that makes me feel better. I'm not worried any more because I figured out she is happy where she is. She was extremely ill the last six or so years of her life. She depended upon several medications which causes to develop an anxiety disorder. I was just worried before because I knew that she was terrified of what would happen after she passed away, but now I know she is okay.

5. Amy Rose

Amy Rose New Member

Thank you for the welcoming! I guess that yeah I am more aware of her spirit now.

Well all I really know is that she did believe that there was life after death. She wasn't a religious person but she did believe that something happened after death, that one lifetime wasn't all you get on earth. She was never the type to go into detail about that sort of stuff.

6. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Welcome to the past life forum!

Thanks for sharing Amy! Sounds to me like your grandmother paid you a visit in the dream world, and is letting you know she is ok and happy. :) My mom has been visited by both her grandmothers in dreams. For me, I am always visited by a pet shortly after they have past over. I think when you are visited in such a way, they want you to know they are ok. Do you dream often? Keep a dream journal? You should write down any dreams you have, for once you do, you will most likely have more. Once you start paying attention to your dreams, they can tell you so much and greatly help you. I don't think souls on the other side can come into just anyone's dreams - you have to be ready & ok with it, as well as quiet enough to listen. :thumbsup:

7. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I've had visitation dreams too. The first few were with my late brother. I was in suicide bereavement counselling at the time and my counsellor dismissed it as being a part of the grieving process...that is until I had a dream where I was given obscure 900 year old information I couldn't have known. She freaked out, said she couldn't help me further and sent me to a priest.

After that I knew that visitation dreams were really the spirits of the dead coming to visit.

One night I was having a nightmare set in an old hospital when my late father burst through the door. I was like "What!? Your dead. How are you here?" He started squeezing my head with delight. I was like "let go of me. Your crushing my head." He did and after some smart Alec comments from me I asked him if he knew about my old love. He said "Just so you know son, that persons not off yet". I asked him what he meant. He said he couldn't say anymore. I was like " EFF that. I'm left with me arse slinging in the wind while she serves some kind of penance?! " I started ranting at him but he just stared serenely into the distance. I was like "what are you staring into the distance for? Who do you think you are? John Wayne or something?" He ignored me. I spent a few minutes teasing him until I realised that this image of my father was an empty shell. His spirit had left it. I said "I'm talking to the wrong bloke. I need to talk to the chap sitting on a cloud with the big white beard." So I started talking to the air...to God. I told him my philosophies, my beliefs, my lessons etc. No answer. I tried to horse trade with him. No answer. I tried to throw myself on his mercy. No answer. Eventually I said "EFF that. My da would never ignore me. I dunno what you did to him but you've turned my da into a literal dummy. I'd rather burn in hell with hot pokers up my rear than be like that!" No answer. So I said "Well if you two are going to ignore me you can both EFF off...well what are you waiting for? Youse might have all eternity but I don't....well it turns out I do but EFF that, this is the only life I've ever known." A light appeared over the image of my father and his soul returned to his body. I was like "boooyakka, none of this bs now." I reared up on my father for talking in riddles and then ignoring me. He said he was sorry, that he shouldn't have said anything. Eventually I calmed down, chastised myself and apologised to him and God. We had a very long, normal, down to earth conversation where I was told some of the secrets of heaven. I was also given a mission. I don't know why.

Anyway it was less than a week later that I had my first past life flashback. I was just on a war footing when my father came to me. I was in a foul mood and wanted answers. I figured if someone isn't helping me they are hindering me. Also I was annoyed that my father had to go through dying of cancer and our family and me had to see it when here he was in front of me alive and well. I wondered what was the point. I also hadn't yet grieved for my father. I had put that on the back burner while I was fighting for my love...so I kept forgetting he was dead and normalised the divine grace of him visiting.

I had other visitations after that. My late father said I'm not in trouble with God but my late brother said that I was in trouble with Him.

Also I think I had another visitation with my father where I gave out to him for invading my private dreams. I told him to EFF off and not come back. He said "I won't son" and walked off. I haven't had a visitation dream since.

I rebelled against peace and love and life. I must be a bloody idiot. I wish my visitation dreams had gone the way yours did. Now I dont know if I'm damned or not. Any feedback or experience from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. Richard St. Clair

Richard St. Clair New Member

I had a dream of my recently departed Buddhist teacher! I had only seen him partially on Skype, so I never met him in person. In my dream he was a full figure, and he was very chatty and warm. When he passed on he was in extremely fragile health and had a very weak voice. I was so happy to meet him and see him doing so well. Now I don't miss him so much, because I know he is in a beautiful place!