What do you do?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, May 10, 2008.

1. Eilean

Eilean New Member

I did few studies in this life: apparently it looks like I couldn't decide what would make me satisfied:

I did MA from Balkans history of literature, then I felt it is not anything which could pay the bills so I decided to do one more: I went to technical university and did BA on EU on shared security and foreign policy and guess what, I have finished it with degree by accident :) currently doing my PhD on history and politics, working in economics and also being mum, wife, housekeeper and many more :)

2. DreamAuthor

DreamAuthor New Member

I'm an elected official and a published fiction author.

3. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

I work at the Financial Administrative Services (FAS) Department at the City of Seattle and am a Special Olympics Ambassador.

4. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Is your Special Olympics work as a volunteer, Twilight? I love it when people give their time and effort to something they believe in. I think your spirit guide approves, too. hug3.gif

5. Twilight

Yep :) I've been currently mentoring the Washington State YAC Committee. A year ago the trainer for the Washington ALPS; Athlete Leadership Program program decided to move on with no successors so Mom is thinking of kick starting the program again. hug2.gif

6. BriarRose

It is very cool that you and your Mom share a commitment to a great organization. In our society, it is easy to forget that the things we do for love are sometimes more important than the things we do for money. California will observe Cesar Chavez' birthday as a Day of Service on March 31, and a good film was just released about his life. My husband served in Chavez' organization for a year, and marched five miles in heat and dirt to be a part of his funeral cortege. He did those things because of his commitment to his beliefs, just like you. We talked about volunteer service yesterday, so your post was a synchronicity for me. I think your "Guide" knew Cesar, too. Good work, and thank you for your service, Twilight. :angel:

7. Twilight

Just looking at Chavez's Wikipedia page I'm quite impressed and getting Goosebumps, his DOD is not far off from my DOB: 1/6/94 and my look towards life looks strikingly similar.The spiritual tree is larger than I predicted :D . You are most welcome ^_^

8. BriarRose

I am so impressed that you googled him, Twilight. I am going to PM you about a theory of mine, concerning Chavez. :)

9. Twilight

Very interesting theory, Thank you ^_^

10. Spatz

Spatz Senior Registered

Currently I'm a university student, pursuing my bachelor's degree in engineering and preparing for a career within the petroleum industry. Throughout my youth I considered enlisting in the service, but I find I'm quite at home in the oilfield or in the office. Problem solver at heart, I suppose.

11. larali

larali Member

I'm a stay at home mom. I feel like society looks down on SAHMs in general. I've gotten a lot of rude comments. Yeah, sometimes it is boring, and I hate cooking. I am thinking about starting a business just to feel better about myself and give me a creative outlet.

A psychiatrist is what I really wanted to be, and would be now, if I didn't party so much and goof off in college. Maybe in another life ;)

Angie Brown likes this.
  12. Medea_

Medea_ New Member

I am a high school student wishing to become an architect or an archaeologist ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. Carloloner

Carloloner Active Member

I'm a cleaner, nothing special but i like it :) .

14. Borntobemild

Borntobemild New Member

Now, I drive a truck and perform other duties at a farm equipment manufacturer. Before that,many things-Farmer, CAD Draftsman, Automation Consultant, College professor, Trainer,Electrical Power and Control salesperson.(I'm old.)

15. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome - so nice to get a peek at the wide variety of people - whose backgrounds and professions span the gamut. wine**

16. Tourmaline

Tourmaline Rep

I have gone back to school to complete my BA in English.

17. Deborah

Awesome Tourmaline. headbang.gif

18. Murkywater

Murkywater New Member

Im a locomotive engineer. That sounds way cooler than it is lol I go forwards and bacwards all day is about what it boils down to. This is what I do and not who I am, I have many more facets but the thread asked what we do.

Murkywater

19. Deborah

My nephew remembers being a locomotive engineer in his past life. He's 27 now but use to talk about it and loved doing it. Glad you made it back here. :O)

20. Murkywater

Murkywater New Member

Thats awsome 30 yrs ago railroading was crazy fun and way dangerous lots of stuff changed in the 80s and made RR safer but way less fun .

Deborah likes this.