What do you do?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, May 10, 2008.

1. jaguar

jaguar Senior Registered

I am 73 and living on Social Security. Well, sort of living as it can be tight.

I am like the proverbial donkey that sat between two delicious piles of hay that died because he could not decide which one to eat. There are so many things in life that are exciting; I don't know which to take a bite of.

In essence, I am a creator. On the other hand, maybe I am a discoverer. I am not sure if I create or discover.

I write books.

The subjects I choose are from the things I have studied intensely. Reincarnation is at the top of the list. Other subjects include magic, quantum mechanics, computers, martial arts, and sword. I have dabbled with fiction. Most of my work is for sale on amazon dot com. Some has been on DVD. I have several things on magic and physics on youtube. A recent investment of time has been writing a program to visualize music on a computer screen. That has recently been bumped by an effort to make apps that sell on the notepad computers that are popular today. I have a fortune-telling program I would like to share. Therefore, right now I am doing five different things or perhaps not doing five different things.

I am happy to see that this site is coming back and seems to be strong. Reincarnation is a significant part of my life. It shades the meaning of things I see around me.

2. taehan

taehan Active Member

i think im a bit late but im a politic sciences student, also a musician and a dancer!

3. Christina Conrad

Christina Conrad Active Member

I work for Lockheed Martin as a Cyber Security Analyst. I spent several years in the Air Force and still have my feet in the aerospace industry. My degree is in Management, Computer Information Systems, and I also recently got my MBA. I am done too, no desire to get a doctorate! :)

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Welcome Christina! Thank you for sharing. I hope you enjoy this space!

5. Ivey

Ivey New Member

I'm 71 and still a kid. I am a software guru. still consulting for embarrassing money, but in my 'real' life I am a calligrapher and an illuminator and a musician (flute, guitar, and lute) with a passion for languages that haven't been heard on the street in a long time. I knew I was a strange on when it bothered me that people were pronouncing Old English and classical Egyptian wrong.

Deborah likes this.
  6. Mario Morales Rubi

Mario Morales Rubi Mario San ✌

:) great topic Deborah!
    I'm a self taught photographer since 2010, I actually think I was a passionate amateur photographer in my previous life, back in the US in the 70s - 80s.
    2 years ago I started with independent short film making, as Director of Photography, currently working in my 3rd and 4th shorts and about to start a commercial cinema production business.
    Lately I had dreams that were very cinematic, and I'd like to start writing scripts anytime soon, and I am eager to storytell the past lives dynamics, how can people experience life when we remember we're actually living such a long-term journey.
    I'd love to keep you all up to date when the time of the past lives project(s) begin, most probably as a series.
    Greetings from Mexico ✌

7. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I find that I had not posted to this thread previously. Nearing my 79th birthday after retiring from my last professed vocation as a computer programmer (full-time) in 2008, and (part-time) in 2011. Other professions/vocations/occupations were farm-hand, Construction w0rker, Ironworker foreman, Construction Superintendent, Estimator, Business Partner, Professional Student ;), Social Health Counselor, Sex Educator, Mental Health Counselor, and finally into computer Programming where I could again create things with my hand after becoming disabled at age 33.
    My early memories of being newly "contained" in this body, a construction accident that caused a brain injury that resulted in some fairly major losses including my legs and left arm (among other abilities), my attempt to retain my once-great relationship with my wife while trying to provide for my children, the failure of that marriage and relationship changes, the finding of my current wife and starting anew at age 60, and my position now looking back at the experiences is still unfolding.
    Born in New York (near Buffalo), but most of my life in Ohio. Quite a few "abnormal" experiences in this lifetime, several "knowings" that I can not explain, but no "abilities" that I am knowingly in control of.

Angie Brown and Tinkerman like this.
  8. Angie Brown

Angie Brown Senior Registered

I think you are a brave, determined man....and still worked until age 73. That is amazing :) good on you.

9. Angie Brown

Society has been engineered since the 70's to have women go out to work, not bond with the kids, and to be low wage slaves and to bring mens wages down. Google humansarefree.com and about those who own the most banks in the world. Put yourself and your husband and kids first and cherish the time with your kids. Once gone it's gone but if you gve it a miss you and they won't even have the good memories, and how will they know how to be good parents to your granchildren if you aren't at home to show them how it is done? Please google that.

10. KenJ

Thank you Angie for your comment. I've tried to make this lifetime into something worth living as well as "walking the walk" to show others that it is possible to make lemonade if you are given lemons in life, not to say that I think I've been given a bunch of lemons, just that I'd really liked to have continued as I was physically when I was thirty. Bravery is often overrated, you simply do what you have to do to be at peace with yourself, that is where real battles are held in my opinion. I withdrew from the workforce because I was a tired old man who had worn out his shoulder pushing himself/me thousands of miles in the one-arm-drive manual wheelchairs I was in for about forty-four years. I feel that I've had enough things happen to me in this lifetime that anything in a past life would just seem normal, no matter what it was.

tanker, Angie Brown and JoeyK like this.
  11. Angie Brown

You still did it though, and against the odds where many of us wouldn't or couldn't have. Mustn't underrate what you accomplished.

Best wishes,

Angie

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    KenJ likes this.
  12. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

You're a great example. I salute you.

Angie Brown and KenJ like this.
  13. KenJ

Thank you both for your comments, they make me feel good. I don't feel that I live up to them however, not feeling "the golden years" so much, a long time since being the scrappy little fellow shown (currently) on the left.

glia21 and Angie Brown like this.
  14. tanker

tanker Senior Registered

You don't have to live up to them. It's just the way things are, I think.

Angie Brown likes this.
  15. Angie Brown

I think the years are only golden with enough health, loved ones near enough and with enough money to not worry, even to go on holiday on the spur of the moment if desired. Not many of us have ALL of that - but good on those who do.

tanker likes this.