What is one of your most memorable dreams

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by J.Y, Apr 27, 2016.

1. J.Y

J.Y Registered

What is one of your most unforgettable dreams

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

HI J.Y

Back in 2004 I was thinking about some questions a friend asked about past life recall; I wanted to explain it better. I came up with nothing I hadn't already said. So right before bed I asked spirit to show me in my dreams how I could explain what reincarnation was...I asked spirit to show me something in depth about how it works. Then I reworded it and asked..show me something about me...as it relates to what I am trying to share. Well, I spent the whole night in my dreams talking to someone in depth about reincarnation, the visions, the experiences, the memories, the words surrounding the CONCEPT - the PREMISE of the whole idea, but upon reflection...they were just WORDS....that didn't do it either.

However, in the middle of the night - and in a deep sound sleep I became lucid and aware that I was looking at luminous Golden and White LIGHT. It was not a reflective light but had that sort of intensity -as if bouncing back from a reflective surface, but it never stopped -it seemed to go on forever into deep space. I watched the Light for what seemed like forever..it was never ending, all present..there was no difference between me and the vision..there were no separation points between It and Me. The Light and I were interwoven as One. I was awake but in that inbetween state of consciousness.

The Light faded away and when I finally opened my eyes my room was pitch black...and it was 3:00AM.

Does this help me explain anything...not really -in fact I scrambled for the right words this morning and the more I tried to wrap the words around the experience...the more the magic of the experience faded.

So I guess I was back at square one. Or perhaps the message was -that past lives..and memories are not - "out there" somewhere in time -but within and in the Light. For me - Light and Consciousness are one in the same.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    fireflydancing likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director

Anyone else ...JY how about you? What's your most memorable dream.

4. taehan

taehan New Member

I remember very vividly the dreams in which i saw parts ofmy past lives even when they happened years ago, but other than those id say the dreams in which i dreamed with specific numbers, played them in the lottery the next day and won, the two times lol, s yeah.. dreams that pay :)

Deborah likes this.
  5. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

I had this dream not long after I was evacuated from a tropical island in Queensland just before Cyclone Ului a few years back. I had been worried about climate change a lot, but something about this dream made me focus. It set me on a quest to save the world.

I don't know if it is prophetic or just a summary of everything I was feeling at the time. Some dreams really stick with you and this one sure did. It was a very vivid dream and striking dream, but I'll do my best to describe it.

I was talking to my future grandchild, a little boy about four or five years old. We were talking about how messed up the world was, with storms and droughts, and the trees dying. The child was looking deep into my eyes and asking me how this had happened and what I had done to try to stop it. “I did everything I could,” I said, and I meant it.

When I woke up I still clearly remembered that dream and felt, with a sense of shame, I had lied to that little boy. I was not doing everything I could at all. I was avoiding the problem. I might be worrying about it and boring my friends with it and arguing on the internet with a bunch of strangers about it, but I wasn’t really doing anything useful.

I woke up that day in more ways than one. Every time I feel hopeless or run out of patience, I remember this dream and keep going anyway.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Deborah likes this.
  6. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I've had many memorable dreams, but here is one with a huge lesson attached. For two nights in a row, I had been having the same dream. In this dream I was running from a monster and kept tripping and falling. Would wake up with my heart pounding. Day three rolls around and I am tired of this. Told myself, if this dream happens again, DO SOMETHING! So, dream happens again. I am running from the monster and tripped and fell. While I am face down on the ground, I slam the palm of my hand down and tell myself , "This is a dream, get up!" I get up and turn to face the monster and yelled at it, " Alright, you want a piece of me, come and get it! Come on!" The monster towers over and as its coming down on me, it disappears. Washes over me. Gone. I wake up laughing and realized, I was afraid of NOTHING! It was NOTHING!

I'll let you all guess the lesson!

tanguerra likes this.
  7. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

8. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I had a dream earlier this year that really stuck with me. I was off the coast of Antarctica or maybe off of a southern tip of Argentina at night, just floating in the ocean water on my back. I kept thinking I should be dead because of the cold for as long as I was out there, but I felt just fine. What was insane were the stars...just blankets upon blankets and layers of stars. I started saying to my wife, who wasn't there, but I was talking to her anyways, how I wish she could see them. She's a city girl and never got to see stars at night very well. I could view some sort of freighter in the distance. I woke up later really shocked at the beauty and it was hard to shake the feelings I had from the dream for the rest of the day.

tanguerra likes this.
  9. Darius

Darius Георгий-Алексе́й Романов

Too many to list. ;)

10. Gypsy8

Gypsy8 Registered

During my childhood I had many dreams of flying.
    One time I was in the school yard being chased by several older boys. The school was on a hill, and below was a drop-off with the bus barn on the flat below. I ran to the edge of the drop-off, held my arms out to the side, and jumped' gliding over the bus barn and away. Other times I was just flying because I could, and it felt so good.

I've always wished I could have kept flying after I grew up.

11. RedSunshine

RedSunshine New Member

A loved one passed away. On the 40th day, I had a dream he was saying goodbye and a child was calling him from afar after he said goodbye. I guess it was an angel.

tanguerra likes this.
  12. Alita Jeanes

Alita Jeanes Registered

My brother visited me in my dream. He was so alive. :(

tanguerra likes this.
  13. tanguerra

tanguerra Administrator

I had a dream about my father and also one of my friends. Same thing. I know what you mean.

14. RedSunshine

RedSunshine New Member

I had a dream about me travelling to a very high place, like I was in a mountain. :) The scenery is so good and among the things that I see from below is my mom. :)

15. fireflydancing

fireflydancing Registered

Since I was a little girl, I had those dreams about dead bodies, never the same dream, but always the same theme. I dug up dead bodies, removed them, hide them, took care of them. I was not a killer, people could have died a natural course as well. While I am writing this, a lot of forgotten scenes come back. Me walking around with old bones, looking for a place to bury them again, me taking care that old (unofficial graves) are not to be found, me digging up bodies to remove them (for example my grandmother), sometimes murder was involved (not by me), sometimes not. They were not nightmares because most of the time I didn't feel anything. But sometimes I felt a huge sense of guilt as if I had to take care of other people's crimes, as if I was a complice against my will. But not always. The dead bodies, sometimes recently dead, sometimes half decomposed, sometimes skeletons, sometimes just a bunch of bones, were never hostile or frightening to me.
    Those dreams started when I was a sweet little girl. No signs of dirty family secrets in real life, nor other explanations. Except maybe that I couldn't let go of the past? This psychological explanation would make more sense if I had those dreams at an adult age. but they stopped somewhere in my twenties (I guess, not sure exactly).

Ljbellus likes this.
  16. Ljbellus

Ljbellus Registered

During my teens and through my 20's, I had a similar dream many times. That is what makes it my most unforgettable dream/dreams. I've had this dream at least 50 times.

I am always on an escalator, travelling up for a while, then, I can tell that I'm ascending towards a group of people. It's very dark, almost pitch black. I can't really see the escalator, but I have the feeling of ascending, similar to a steep escalator. As I'm travelling up the escalator in silence, I start to hear people chanting. They all want me to make it to the top of the escalator, they are cheering me on. But, I can never reach the top before I wake up.

At least 10 times, I have gotten almost to the top of the escalator and recognized some of the people who were at the top. Then I would hear someone say "She's not ready yet." And a discussion would start among them that I couldn't hear. Then I would feel like they were disappointed that I wasn't "there" yet and I would wake up.

One time, I almost made it to the top and just as I was there, the escalator started to go backwards. I was running just to stand still. They were reaching out their hands to me, to grab on to so I could make it up there, but I couldn't reach their hands. Then I woke up. That was the last time I had this dream. At least 12 years ago.

Thank you for asking this question. It felt good to articulate a series of dreams that I had, but hadn't processed properly.

17. Mariango

Mariango New Member

Hi! I'm new and kind of confused because I'm a christian and well I'm now thinking maybe reincarnation does exist also it makes sence that it does and so I come to this conclusion because I had the craziest dream where God would show me who I was in the past and called me by name, God called me Betty Davis and trully I had no Idea who this lady was, number one because I'm colombian and I have never seen any of her films or knew anything about her but in my dream this lady was not a good person, she was a drunk also she hated her father and felt a huge resentment towards him, she was a woman who did not forgive, very strong willed also totally afraid of aging she could not accept the fact that she was getting old so basicly I was a disaster as a human being. God told me in my dream that these were my sins.

Anyways I woke up and looked for that name in the internet and found her and yes I confirm that she was abandoned by her father when she was 8 years old, thank God I'm nothing like her in this present life.

inhaltslos likes this.
  18. ginagreen

ginagreen New Member

The most memorable dream must be a nightmare, I still remember the most horrible nightmare I had done in childhood. In simple terms, I dreamed the ghost .

19. xtriggerman

xtriggerman New Member

In the Tibetan book of the dead, this type of dream is quite similar to what is described as testing the spiritual awareness of the newly dead. The test is to see if the spirit is cognizant of its non physicality there by knowing no visual physical threat requires a fearful reaction. Passing this test is crucial for the spirit to move away from the denser "earth" world.

20. xtriggerman

xtriggerman New Member

My most memorable dream happened not long after I witnessed a very violent motorcycle crash that unknown to me at the time was my 19 year old brother's departure from this world. I was 16 at the time. Being one of the first persons on the scene, It was a lot to absorb to get his remains free from the dump truck that hit him and then was stuck on top of his body. This "vision" was my first inspiration to question what was reincarnation. The setting;
    One night in early fall, I had my bed pulled up under my window so I could stare into the night sky as I lay in bed. The night was perfectly clear with a super bright full moon rising large on the horizon.... I lay there watching it move up into the sky illuminating the big pines in front of the old house animating dark shadows in the still and quiet night. Man you could read a book out there in the white moon light.
    So I fall asleep there looking at the moon. I was thinking where is this all going to end. If there is a Christ Why would I have to see George get killed... I shouldn't have been there at that moment but I was....Why him & not me. He had WAY more friends than me. It should have been me, not him.... lets just have the end and be done with this.... Jesus if you REALLY are somebody, why why why.
    Now I find myself looking out at the moon just as I was when I fell asleep moments earlier, but now hey this is freaking weird as hell cause I see an image of a KING sitting on a throne on the face of the moon! I'm thinking wholly crap what the heck is going on here???
    The moon had moved just over a building my Dad had fixed up into apartments and next thing I know, I'm standing in the top floor apartment in the bed room that had a window facing this enormous white moon. there was an old man in the room with a long grey beard and a tray of drink & fruit off to my left. But the window.... that window held my full attention because this throne King was now full size right out side the window against a brilliant white moon radiating fantastic white and gold super rays that all emanated out from behind this King! The sight was absolutely awesome. As I slowly walked right up to this wide open window, I became within arms reach of this fantastic king. He was sitting there robbed in bright red trimmed in white on a golden armed chair. He was looking off into space to his right.
    At that point I thought, Man if anybody would know about the end of the world he would definitely be the one. Right then, he turns his head and looked straight into my eyes.............
    This is the worst part of the event because its literally impossible to explain what it was like when our eyes met. But here goes, his eyes held such enormous power that shot straight down threw my eyes and into my head. It was like the power of thousands of simultaneous lightning strikes permeating every single aspect of my mind & soul only to be just as rapidly with drawn back into his eyes with the softness of a single downy feather drifting threw still air! Every thought I ever thought or ever could have thought was just examined in minutia and all in what seemed like 2-3 seconds. As he with drew his mind from mine I knew right then and there he knew every aspect of "me" and here's the kicker..... I felt him blow right past my puny 17 years and felt his power of inquiry go back and back for the last 3000 years! Folks I never did drugs!!!! But I could feel him punch past the thin shell of my 17 years and measure the persons I had been in every single aspect of all these persons I have no freaking idea they were hidden back there in the darkness of my subconscious mind! This was all so spontaneous it was mind blowing and then to gather myself after he retracted his mind from mine was just wow... I was stunned. He sat there cool as a cucumber with a sort of Mona Lisa smile on his face waiting for me to come around. I shook it off some how and started a mind to mind conversation with him. No verbal words... he read my mind as I thought every word and like wise gave me a reply.
    The first thing my mind could muster up was "my God, My God is the world really going to end?"
    He calmly and in a sort of loving way said, "No, the world will not end they way you think it will" which was push button ICBM's , the entire world gives out a huge heave with multiple detonations and done.
    He said "the world is going to change and it will take 7-9 years for the world to complete this change and life then will be nothing at all like the life you have now."
    At that point he sparked a bunch of questions I had about the revelation story I had read in the Bible. Questions like who was going to really start the Armageddon war and about 12-15 questions all related to our end times. I will never forget how he handled each question I had. He seemed to know exactly what it took to satisfy each question fully and each and every time he gave an answer, he waited a few seconds until I understood exactly what he meant and then, each and every time, he gave me an extra bit of information pertinent to my issue that I had not yet thought of .... but would have if I was smarter! He did that with every question, not to make me feel ignorant at all, just overall details that made me understand the ENTIRE picture of the tribulation time. It was absolutely wonderful to know exactly what the heck is suppose to happen in the "end of days" so to speak.
    He waited for me to try and think up another question but no, I could not. I had it all..... He spelled it all out! I was just bursting with all these new found facts of your basic who, what, where, and why...... just .... wow its all there!
    He saw me spinning all the new info over and over in my head and then he said, " all that Iv told you, you are not yet to know" and at the fading sound of "know" in my head, I felt as if my skull had opened up and I felt a cold chilly breeze move threw my grey matter and as it rolled out and away from my brain, each and every one of those specific questions and answers left out of me with that chilled breeze. Only the first and last of his communication is embedded in me like nothing else along with a body of deep content that is just plain wiped, yet I clearly remember those mind full interactions.
    Man was I on cloud 19 million for weeks after this vision! As the dream faded on his last words, I bolted upright in bed and ran down stairs and woke my Grandmother to tell her the story! Holly Good God... I was a different person and still am to this day 40 years latter.
    I Truly believe that King was Jesus Christ himself despite the fact he made no claim as to who he was but I know in my heart it was him. Look at the symbolism He was the center of the "reflecting light of the moon. The Sun has always been symbolic of God and the moon reflects the Sun's brilliance. Like wise for God & Christ. And here is my message. I felt like the tiniest piece of crap from the tiniest ant on earth before this Christ King and yet, he came to me, a nothing nobody and gave me his time to straighten me out. If that's not LOVE I don't know what it is. Good God, if you could have felt his fantastically Awsome power .... Folks Jesus Christ is alive and God All Mighty powerful!
    Oddly I posted my story recently on a religion forum and out of nearly 600 views only one thanked the post and one had a whole lot of rebuke of it since it had the reincarnation within it, obviously it was demon inspired in their mind! I just hope it will inspire a positive curiosity of who we are & not what a book tells you, who you must be.

KenJ likes this.