What made you a believer?

Discussion in 'FAQ' started by Mandy, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Mandy

Mandy New Member

I'm curious to hear your story. What caused you to believe in reincarnation?
    I grew up in a very religious household, which I was taught: you're created at the time of conception; and when you die, you either go to heaven or hell. Peroid.
    However, I was in a coma last year. The doctors were ready to pull me off life support. This near death experience made me see things that I am having difficulty processing. It gave me quite a spiritual awakening that I am on a journey to understand. I feel like I'm obsessed with hearing about the spiritual realm, and why we are here, how we got here, etc.
    Enough babbling on my part lol. I'm looking to hear stories, thoughts, experiences from all of you! Anything goes. Thanks.
    ~ Mandy

2. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi Mandy,

This is going to vary a lot between different people. Some people have had memories since childhood. Others have memories that have, so to speak, "forced" their way to the surface, often against great resistance. Likewise, memories can vary from memories that are much like ordinary day-to-day memories, to intense feelings and impressions, deja vu, and so forth. The door to memory is often forced open because of traumatic occurrences that will not stay suppressed. Many here have a degree of PTSD associated with such things. So, you may get as many different answers as there are people on this board (though I am sure that you will eventually be able to fit them into groupings of one type or another).

Overall, I would suggest that you read some people's threads recounting their recovery of memories if you want to get some ideas and background. I have always found Tanguerra's threads both interesting and accessible in terms of content. And, for a good old fashioned love story that has continued into the present lifetime, you may want to start with the story of her long relationship with her friend "X".

Welcome aboard!

Cordially,
    S&S

PS--I also come from a Christian background. It can work.

3. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

PPS--I would be remiss if I did not urge you to read some of the good books and recent research in this area. Here I would start with Carol's books and those by Dr. Weiss. Good luck!

4. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

Hi Mandy.. I can only talk about some of my own expediences and beliefs.. make of them what you will....
    Like you I came close to death.. I was in hospital and over a two day period was slowing dying from the effects of a massive heart attack.... At a point when I must have been close to death a nurse came in a held my hand.. I closed my eyes and I did in part cross over to my spiritual self.. I know I did because things happened I have talked about before and and really not relevant right now. During your coma I have no doubt like me you did in part cross over to your spiral self... It can only be partial otherwise we would be dead.. After I recovered just like you things were never the same... We have to be realistic about this and understand how things can never be the same? It becomes very frustrating because most have no idea how we know are.. Believe me you have to learn to live with that
    The following is what I believe.. not all on this forum agrees with me....you... your spiritual self never dies... it goes on and on occupying one physical entity after the other All of the physical entities you have occupied have all died never to return, just as Mandy will do... but the real you the spiritual you will go on and on..
    You are lucky in respect of what happened to you.. You have connected with your spiritual self that is why you understand things can never be the same... that is a great start of understanding what is really going on.. I think its a far more personnel thing between Mandy and her spiritual self just as it is for all of us than a lot of people understand.... You can read and get knowledge from the experiences of others but in the end its between you and her.
    You must learn how to mediate and connect with you spiritual self... in the end that is the only way... Everything you seek and want to know and understand is within you.... the spiritual you... she has seen it all... learn from her... love her

Regards

5. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I think for me it was a process of pulling a thread on a sweater in reverse. The more I kept pulling, rather than unraveling, I was making a sweater and at some point, I couldn't deny I was holding a sweater in my hands, rather than a loose ball of string that didn't make anything.

The most defining moments must have been when I knew something instinctively or saw it in a dream and was able to verify it later online.

All though the most mind changing thing I had was discovering my second past life, after hearing his name in a dream and looking him up to see my own face staring back at me along with having the same birthday as him. Although I was more than a believer at that point.

inhaltslos likes this.