what made you believe in reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by briski, Sep 4, 2018.

1. briski

briski Senior Registered

For me, it just makes logical sense to me, through the stories of children from 2 to 7.

2. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I never gave much thought to reincarnation before I remembered. I thought it was for children and lunatics.

I found myself in conflict, I found myself displaying knowledge I hadn't gained at any time in my life, I found myself having to play the role of a "hero". I wondered why all of this responsibility had to happen to me when all my brother had to worry about was a bar management job. I demanded answers. It was a couple of days after that that I got my first past life memories.

I asked for this in my ignorance and I got it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  3. briski

briski Senior Registered

Out of interest what knowledge was this

4. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Economics briski. I did a year of business studies at school, a six week business course and worked for a company. Yet for some reason when I talked economics with a man with a degree in economics in a serendiptious moment I was able to tell him where they all were going wrong and show them how to organise their staff so as to best traverse the economic waters. I don't even know if I still retain that knowledge, I'd never thought about economics before or since.

At the time I put it down to being clever but after I remembered reincarnation I realised it was just because I was Minister For Finance in my last life.

briski likes this.
  5. briski

briski Senior Registered

Minister for finance? UK is that?

6. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

The Republic Of Ireland briski. I was General Mick Collins, Commander In Chief of the Irish Free State army and Minister For Finance.

briski likes this.
  7. briski

briski Senior Registered

Blimey. Only thing i have is a sandal in sand. Possibly a female sandal with a fountain. Now that was my self regression. Im not convinced. The phone rang as well in middle. I dunno if i made it up though. I have strong feelings to Egypt and the anicent world though

8. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Yeah well, my memories aren't merely memories briski. I saw events play out in real time right before my eyes while I was fully awake. I'm lucky to have an FPL, because much in the record exists to verify my memories.

My advice is to look at the innocent details of your memories. It might give you context and even location.

briski likes this.
  9. briski

briski Senior Registered

I wish i had something as concrete as that with me. I feel i havent been here that many times to be honest, compared to others.

10. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

I only remember five lives briski, spread over a couple of millennia. That's no time at all in reincarnation circles. Even if you are a new soul you might still have existed here throughout all recorded human history.

briski likes this.
  11. yvettebruneau

yvettebruneau Senior Member

There has to be more to life than what we know, more beyond what we consciously experience. I'm agnostic, so I need something to believe in besides a god. Reincarnation just seems... right. There's more than what we know, and who's to say it's not another life beyond the one we're living presently.

briski and Jim78 like this.
  12. briski

briski Senior Registered

When i hear the child cases and Jim's 5 previous lives i'm 99% sure reincarnation happens

13. TruroNE

TruroNE Senior Registered

Boy, if we could choose not to have some past life memories, that'd be great sometimes, huh? Haha.

I remember having memories when I was a child, and I discounted it as just a generous imagination. They never stopped though. I had difficulties figuring out who I was, where I was, why things are different. Never feeling a connection to people around me as well. It still holds true today. Now, having a pretty good idea on who I was in a past life, having past lives just make sense. When you open your mind to it, many things fall into place.

Vivi and briski like this.
  14. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

Graham I didn't commit suicide in my eighteenth century life to escape consequences. In typical fashion for me I gave my captors options and held the suicide option in reserve for me if they didn't shoot me like a soldier and tried to hang me like a traitor. I was still fighting even when facing certain death. In my next life I was shot in the head in an ambush, so in both lives I saw the consequences of my actions.

I'm also very much aware of consequences in my current life. I wouldn't have PTSD if I wasnt reaping what I sowed.

Although your obviously not very aware Graham. The mods keep editing your posts and everyone but you seems to know what will happen if you keep getting out of your pram.

Have you ever heard that if you point the finger at someone there's three fingers pointing back at yourself. Don't preach consequences to the converted when your not aware of the consequences of your own behaviour.

Also, I don't know if it was planned that I remembered reincarnation or not. All I know is that I egotistically demanded answers and for my sins I got them. That's my experience, there's no right or wrong in it. So maybe you shouldn't tell people that they are wrong.

15. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Registered

To get back to the original topic, I accidentally stumbled upon a fictional representation (spoof might be a closer word) of one of my past life personas. Upon doing light historical research, I found that I instinctively knew things about him before I read them, and I never could have come across them in this lifetime. I originally kept it as a joke in the back of my mind. Then I started getting memories, recalling what it felt like to be him, and it ceased to be a joke.

P.S.--I know this is a common occurrence lately, so I will head it off: No, I was not a crazy person who was convinced I was that person in a past life. I have plenty of evidence including memories, instincts, exterior confirmation, and a very unique set of mental/emotional scars.

briski, Speedwell and TruroNE like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Senior Registered

I have always held a certain belief in reincarnation- it made the most sense to me.

briski and TruroNE like this.
  17. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Admin note: Unrelated, off-topic, and divisive material was edited out 9-6-18 ,
    ~Tman, Admin

18. briski

briski Senior Registered

Really interesting guys, hope more will post on this thread

19. inhaltslos

inhaltslos Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Like a lot of people here, I started putting the pieces together in my preteens (‘childhood’ memories that no one else in my family seemed to remember, strong feelings that came out of nowhere, historical facts and places that I ‘just knew’, etc). Reincarnation was the only way I could explain it and still remains the best reason so far. If something else came up that rationally explained why, I’d listen.

Spirit Sword and briski like this.
  20. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

The very first time I ever heard of reincarnation was back in the mid 70's when a movie, The Reincarnation of Peter Proud, came out. It was all news to me! From there it was just a concept that was somewhat conflicting with my Catholic upbringing. All through the 70s, 80s, and 90's little snippets of things prompted me to recall the principle, but always with passing interest. I encountered some rather traumatic things in my career as a police officer that jolted my soul, so to speak. After retiring from that work and moving back to my ancestral home I began having these dreams and memories. I shrugged them off as part of my struggle to reconcile past trauma, and yearning for my old job, partners... the badge. Then one day while lost in one of these daydreams a woman came into my office and caught me daydreaming. She said, "Where were you?" She said it in such a way that there was certainty in her voice that I was in another world. The idea of past lives came up and the seed was watered. I in fact had been dreaming about a person, the details of which elude me. It was shortly after that, that I was given the book Many Lives, Many Masters, by Dr. Weiss. Now the concept sprouted, the details of which I won't repeat here, but you may read in my original post from 14 years ago, A Police Sergeant's Memories. I did go to a doctor who used regression therapy to help patients... THAT made me believe in past lives. That and all of the things that lead up to it left no doubt in my mind. I have studied, read and written about reincarnation to the point it is only common sense to me. And here on this forum, the wonderful people who come with the same sense of earnest curiosity I had, keep me going. I yearn beyond belief for the woman I knew in 1906, but I know this is a new life with many lessons to learn and fellow travelers to help. Blessings, ~Tman

TruroNE, inhaltslos, KenJ and 4 others like this.