What Memory Would You Keep?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Shiftkitty, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

(Too bad there isn't a 'General Discussion' forum for this sort of thing, eh? Meh, they do tend to get quite laden, though, so maybe it's a good thing.)

Anyway, we talk a lot about memories that we have held onto through our past lives here. (Well, duh! It's a reincarnation site!) But what memory from this current life would you choose to carry into your next life (lives) if you could?

No fair picking your wedding or the birth of your kids. That's too easy.

Mine would be our 5th anniversary. We're car nuts, so we went to the drag races in Stockton and had a blast. We had a gift card for the Cheesecake Factory in Sacramento, which is a reallllllly nice restaurant, so we got ourselves cleaned up and went for dinner.

The place was crowded. It was Friday, so that was to be expected. We had wanted an inside table, but they just weren't clearing out fast enough. The sun had already gone down and we were getting desperately hungry! We finally told them we'd take an outside table. They looked and one was available, but it was tucked in an out of the way corner, so nobody liked to sit there. We took it. There were no lights at that end of the patio, so they lit some candles.

The sky was a gorgeous, deep shade of blue darkening to purple. There wasn't a cloud in sight, and the temperature was perfect. Because we were in such an inconvenient table, we got complimentary drinks, and the waitress made sure we got our food fast. The food was perfect! We each ordered something we liked and something we had never tried before. (Avocado egg rolls! Yum!) The music system was quietly playing every song we loved when we were teenagers!

As the night took the helm we dined with a chandelier of stars overhead and no clatter of the restaurant to bother us. We had the most delicious cheesecake for dessert. Then a local car show had ended, and a parade of awesome hot rods and sweet customs rolled by, giving us a great show of these beautiful machines. As we finished the dinner (that we didn't have to pay for thanks to the gift card!), the horizon came alive with fireworks as an amusement park in that direction closed for the night.

I remember telling my husband "If you planned this, wow! You're good!"

2. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

In my situation - none. Just like the quote in my signature states - and it's been nothing but that for the most part...a long drawn out struggle.

If I had to stop and think for a moment, the only thing that I feel that really has kept me going is the memories of Love that I have from back then...because essentially that's all I have.

3. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

The very first night that my oldest began communication with my father and other deceased relatives. It was a five hour journey that was absolutely mind blowing.

There were tears, there was joy, there was extreme happiness and deep sorrow. AND I was told who each of my family members were in their past lives.

And it was topped off in the wee hours of the morning when a very masculine married teacher from my daughter's school jumping out of a car in the wee hours and giving a passionate kiss to his date .. another male.

THAT was the only part of the evening that I had to be worried about, I did not want my child to out her teacher.

That night changed our lives forever. One day I will write about it.

4. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

If I were to choose an ordinary type of day it would be any of the days when my father was still well and he and my mother would take my two daughters and I out for a Sunday at the flea markets in Pittsburgh, especially the one that was once a mall.

Those are the happiest days I remember with my little ladies. They were surrounded by love.

5. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

It all depends on when I die. If I were to die soon, either from illness or by accident, then I would like to take the memory of this forum with me. Wouldn't it be fun if I reincarnated straight away, then in 15 years time I could join this forum again, maybe some of my friends will still be here, and I could say "Hey, remember that ChrisR? That was me!" :laugh:

6. Leesea

Leesea Senior Registered

It's hard to choose, but for me it would have to be some memory from childhood at my grandparents' farm. In my mind I can still see the house, the barn with all the critters, the garden, the rolling hills, and a little nook shielded by trees in which so many times I lay in a hammock and day dreamed to my heart's content.

It was to me a tranquil and almost a magical place. With so many happy memories and the most feelings of content that I've ever experienced, I'd say that being in that place would be a memory I'd like to take with me.

7. Ignotus

Ignotus Senior Registered

I would choose that too! And maybe memories of my friends and family. And all that research! :laugh:

8. Raptor95

Raptor95 member

Okay

The love I have for my son does not count -- threw it in anyway :D

I would love to remember a day when my dad (passed away yrs ago) was kinda mad at my brother me and my sister. We thought ah he is old and can not catch us. Boy were we wrong, we ran down the empty field and my dad was right behind us and caught my brother, we were laughing so hard. My dad started laughing to. This was a long time ago. But I am smiling as I type this.

9. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

Besides that, family, friends, my cats, my writing, and my love for college basketball

10. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

Sort of the same as Leesea - I’d like very much to keep the memory of the place I lived as a child. It was country but not a farm, just across a river from a modest town. Had a river in front, a creek running through it at the back, lake with a sandy beach not too far away. Had every pastoral attribute you can imagine! Violets, trilliums, lady slippers, birches, whippoorwills, owls, beavers, butterflies, an old orchard, a rowboat, a stone boathouse, wild mushrooms, wild strawberries, rabbits, just everything...including an old cemetery and ghosts. :laugh:

I’ve never live in another place like it, it was unusual even way back when and such areas are rapidly disappearing now.

That’s my first choice by far, but another would be a job I had, in defense. It was the 70’s. They refused to consider me for several years because I was a girl. When they did take me I got the highest marks ever, in the history of the program. So there. Okay, I sound like I’m bragging, but I’m well aware that I’m unlikely to top that achievement no matter how many more lives I have.

A third choice would be the love I have for my cat. I loved him madly from when he was a wee thing; he’s old now and that love has doubled everyday. >^^<

11. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member Staff Member

Now what memories from this life would I choose to remember. Well this is easy for myself for it would be the remembrance of the time in the High Yellowstone Rockies, living in the wilds and my close encounters to the Grizzlies. And espicelly remembrance of the wild and blessed Thorofare.

Already how much have thought that whatever the next life entails, just will want to come back and spend another life enjoying and roaming the Great Yellowstone Absaroka Wilds!