What songs remind you of past life memories?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Sarellah, Sep 29, 2013.

1. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

That was Doris Day's biggest hit in the 50's.

2. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

Besides historic songs, this one which has been pretty popular and "mainstream" lately:

(I don't remember a life in Pompeii, by the way. The lyrics just seem very past life-ish)

3. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

I enjoy a lot of different music styles, but I'm most affected by celtic/folk music, jazz and 1930's-1960's songs~ :) They make my unbearably happy.

I also really enjoy Bollywood and drumming. The sort of stuff they have in bands in US high-schools, or on the front lines of some wars (I'm unsure of which), drumming particularly excites me. I feel exhilarated when I hear it.

These songs in particular when I first heard them really moved me. I could listen to them for hours~

Greta Salome and Jònsi - Never forget

4. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member Staff Member

What a voice Burl Ives had ... wow ... not a trigger for me but I loved it. Thanks :)

5. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Ah! It finally hit me...ever since seeing the movie, Empire of the Sun, the song 'Suo Gan' has always haunted me. I know I have seen a glimpse into a Welsh life since then, but I think this would be the number one song that triggers pl memories or feelings. I remember asking my sister one time, if our mom, or one of my babysitters sang it to me when I was little. LOL

I have an affinity for many different types of music/songs...but that one is definitely a strong trigger.

6. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

7. catseye

catseye Senior Registered

My two cents

A song that makes me think of the past lives is something most people may find odd, but it's Make Believe It's Your First Time by the Carpenters

We've tried our hand at love before

We've been around the game enough to know the score'

But then is then and now is now

And now is all that matters anyhow

Make believe it's your first time

Leave your sadness behind

And I'll make believe it's mine

Well the door is closed, it's you and me

We'll take our time with love the way it oughta be

This moment's ours tonight's the night

And if we fall in love well, that's alright

So close your eyes and hold me close

Let our hearts pretend

That love is ours to share tonight

And it might never end

(Basically leave all the 'karmic baggage' behind)

catseye

coffee

8. famgrin

famgrin New Member

It was in second half 1800s in England and I was little vivid girl which was fanatic to classical music and this song exponentiate it:

I remember as attentively savored every tone long ago known in our magnificent Victorian living room... ?

9. Della1349

Della1349 New Member

Don't know but a song called pestilence seems to mean something to me but can't say if it reminds me of a past life or not

10. Ender27

Ender27 Senior Registered

Classical, marching songs, northern folk.

11. Etam818

Etam818 New Member

Isobella-Enya enough said

12. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Pandora Radio

Good to see mention of 'Pandora Radio.' Pandora automatically recommends music based on user preferences; hence possibly a valuable tool which may recommend those long forgotten, lesser-known songs from decades past!

13. Jim78

Jim78 Senior Registered

This one:

The more traditional version always resonated with me before I remembered reincarnation but this version resonates the most. Its more ethereal sounding so more mysterious for one. More melancholy sounding. It may also be because the artist did music for the film about my past life ( inaccurate film but essentially true ). The video shows clips from films about that period too. But the main reason it resonates is the lyrics. So bloody true. Beautiful and mournful. I miss when I saw sacrifice, bravery and courage under fire as a noble act, but when I mourn the losses of many fights this is the song that hits me.

14. CanSol

CanSol Senior Member

Rhytm of the heart and Lakota medicine song don't neccisarily take me back to my first Lakota life but they do calm my Lakota spirit (am part of the same tribes now as of that I was born in in the 1800's)

Scotland the brave (on pipes only) and after the war (a 'new' song written by Paul Gross, can't remember who sang it in the movie Passchendaele but heard it before I saw the movie) open the door to WWI

Big bands lead me to my WWII Airborne life

Grebbelied brings me to the may days (as the German invasion is often reffered to in the Netherlands) of 1940, I haven't fought at the Grebbeberg for which the song is written but am buried there after I got killed at the border in the opening hours

Requim for a Soldier takes me back to Nam

Trumpet voluntary (as used to announce Royals, I heard it during a concert of Andre Rieu where Suzan Erens played Sissi) and either cried or almost do each time I hear it, no explanation for that

Haven't found triggers to the remaining lives.....yet (might still happen)

So I learned to master my playlist to avoid accidental triggers from a certain song

15. julie_twice

julie_twice New Member

The '60s and '70s, very strongly. Most of the genres popular then are a trigger to some degree. I found a site that lists songs by year and month, and the really unexpected thing is the year that life ended, the earliest songs are strong triggers then diminishingly so over time, and after a point only heartbreak songs bring back any memories. That seemed puzzling at first, but it occurs to me that anything first released within the last few months wouldn't have quite been familiar yet (I wouldn't have heard it enough times) and while non-corporeal I might have been hearing what the boyfriend I left behind was hearing.

Classical pieces from the 1700s up through the early 20th century are another one. Two consecutive lives who were enthused about orchestral music.

I'd love to hear more of the music of the 1910s through the early 1940s. There are some low quality recordings that a lot of which I couldn't get into but I've found several gems... one that comes to mind:

Edit, forgot to add there's another style of music that I associate with the first half of the 20th century but I don't know what it's called and am at a loss to describe it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  16. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ragtime perhaps?
    And my favorite

julie_twice likes this.
  17. julie_twice

julie_twice New Member

I love Maple Leaf Rag! That could be the genre. It gives me a vision of a cafe type of place with a checkerboard patterned floor. As I recall there were also songs that were sung over staccato chords.

18. Christina Conrad

Christina Conrad Member

Celtic music, Renaissance music, and Gregorian chants for me. I don't remember any lives as a monk or anything but I find the chants really soothing and calming. And I LOVE the sound of a harpsichord!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  19. Chris.Hagen

Chris.Hagen Banned by Moderators

No Quarter by Led Zeppelin triggers one for me. I think I heard it in my car back in 1974. Song was released in '73 so seems plausible.

20. bellaDonna09

bellaDonna09 Member

there's this song.''ballad pour Adeline'.i dont know something about the emotions in it and the piano sound triggers me much and makes me nostalgic and teary.classical music in general makes me feels nostalgic