What songs remind you of past life memories?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Sarellah, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Michael Terio

Michael Terio New Member

Alice In Chains - Died. I have memories of my past life I had it in a dream a long time ago. I was sitting on a couch in a dark. room with a tv and I couldn’t move and I remember everything went black.

2. Spirit Sword

Spirit Sword Senior Member

While my answer to this question is usually various recreations of older music styles which remind me of certain eras, this song reminds me more of past events and personalities:

Michael Terio likes this.
  3. Alyssa Paula

Alyssa Paula New Member

I mostly remember the 90's songs which I can say that reminds me of past life memories.

Michael Terio likes this.
  4. pariah_autist

pariah_autist 1st life: gerbil

This isn't really a memory but it's the intense feeling captured by the song I'm trying to get back from the guy I just posted about... The climax around 4:40...

Have you met any one that sends you to outer space like that? Like it's such a rush it's indescribable...
    Why couldn't it be more than just a touch and a feeling...

This song gives me some specific ideas, like maybe I drowned and froze to death in a past life. I also get suicidal agitation a lot and suspect I've comitted suicide or died recklessly in many lives due to lack of inner peace when missing soul mate(s)... :/

5. Manhattan

Manhattan New Member

My dream had visions of me running in a totally distinctive world I've ever seen. A red building signifying a school, and me being one of the children in early childhood days, running as the bell rang. Also, in a desert saw some person totally unknown to me signifying me, and accidentally dropped a child from my hand from the copter, and it felt like I lost my child. I woke up in tears. After few years, listening to Beyonce's Halo gives me vision like I am running in lush green fields, somewhere in Europe. And Polina Gagarina's lullaby signifies a loss that occurred years and years ago. All of this, freaks me out

6. SoleildeSaturne

SoleildeSaturne New Member

Definitely shamanic drums.

7. Acacia

Acacia New Member

Puttin' On The Ritz. The version I remember though had a large female chorus singing the "Dressed up like a million-dollar trooper. Tryin' hard to look like Gary Cooper." lines. Might have been from the 1930's. I believe there might have been a man singing the verses, too. None of the versions I found on YouTube sounded like the version I remember. Maybe it was a live version I can recall which is why I can't find it anywhere. But it drives me insane not understanding why it feels so familiar to me. I barely ever heard the 80's version growing up. And the version in my head sounds VERY old...

8. Eva1942

Eva1942 A Walking Enigma...

Puttin’ on the Ritz is a good song. I found an original version from Fred Astaire who originally sung the song. This is the original version that Astaire record in 1930.

Though, I did find one which was recorded with Leo Reisman before Astaire here:

Eva x

9. Tinnos

Tinnos Member

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

Marco Calone "But I didn't reproach you for this" (Neapolitan):

Marco Calone "Nobody can understand" (Neapolitan)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  11. The Traveler

The Traveler Senior Registered

the first time i listened this song of guccini, i was like hypnotized.
    really, i seen myself into the clothes of the old byzantine philosopher that complain the barbarian world of his age. (not much civilian too also this age).
    then, doing an astrological game about PL based on birth chart i get as result the medieval age into turkey, when i was an artisan. so there was 2 coincidences too strange, also cause of my talences and personal skills.
    so i guess i had at least a life into the byzantine age, also if i have not memories of that. but i love byzantine architecture, have some of familiar for me.

i past here the english translation of sing, cause i not guess you understand italian:

"The moon has risen again this evening
    Drowned in too red and vague a color
    Vespero is not seen, she is blurred
    The tip of the stylus has broken off
    What horoscope can you draw tonight, Magus?

I Philematius, a protomedian, mathematician, astronomer, perhaps a wise man
    Reduced like a blind man groping around
    I don't have the knowledge or the courage
    To make this horoscope, to divinar response
    And I stay here waiting for the day to come back

And I must say, I must say that I am perhaps too old to understand
    That I have lost my mind in who knows what abuse or idleness
    But the stars are changing in the nights of the equinox
    Or maybe I, maybe I underestimated this new God
    I read it in me and in the signs that something is changing
    But it's a faint omen that doesn't say how and when ...

I was leaving the other night, almost unconsciously
    Down at the port in Bosphoreion, where it gets lost
    The land inside the sea to almost nothing
    And then it returns to land and is no longer the West:
    What does it matter to this sea to be blue or green?

I could hear the obscene songs of the drunks
    Of people with a painted and empty look ...
    Hippodrome, brothel and Nordic soldiers
    Romans and Greeks, shout where have you gone ...
    I heard cursing in alamanno and goto ...

Absurd city, strange city of this emperor, husband of a whore
    Of immense plebs, labyrinths and impiety
    Of barbarians who perhaps already know the truth
    Of philosophers and ethereal, suspended between two worlds and between two eras ...
    Luck and age have decided for a day not far off
    Or fate would ask him to choose my hand, but ...

Byzantium is perhaps just an unfathomable symbol
    Secret and ambiguous like this life
    Byzantium is a myth that is not familiar to me
    Byzantium is a dream that becomes incomplete
    Byzantium perhaps never existed
    And still I ignore and another night is gone
    Lucifer has already risen and a little wind is blowing
    Is it cold on the tower or is it my sick age
    I confuse life and death and I don't know who has passed ...
    I cover my head with my cloak and I no longer feel
    And I fall asleep, I fall asleep, I fall asleep ..."

from that time, i did ton of searchs about this historical character that should be lived into V-VI centuries at the age of justinian but i not found much. the unique philematius i found was a first minister of the valentinian roman emperor, but he lived into III century. also, my PL un turkey should be into 825 a.D.
    otherwise, i very love this character. 100% total empathy with him.

Cyrus likes this.
  12. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

Hola, muchacho !

You could try to visit some - nearest to you - places related to Byzantium in your home Italy.
    Turkey, and even Greece might be dangerous for your health.

Italy was part of the Byzantine Empire for several centuries after Rome fell and the Germanic Barbarians became dominant in the Western Europe.

When I visit Taranto and its environments, I wonder how even the priests and churches there - though undoubtedly catholic - look more like on the isle of Kerkyra (in the Western Greece) that I visited once, than here in Barcelona.

You are almost sure to get plenty of déjà-vus !

See them first on the Google Maps, and after that - in the real.

Good luck !

13. The Traveler

EhI Cyrus... that's is a nice idea! D:
    well, i live on sardinia and sardinia before be ruled from strangers was part of republic of Pisa. My ancestors come from tuscany, in fact. a lot of century ago sardinia was a tuscan colony, an outpost for prevent invasions of octoman empire.
    before the time of italian marine republics, here there was the byzantine empire, byzantine rules sardinia for a lot of centuries, should be some byzantine church or romanesque cathedral here. mmm let me think.
    https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storia_della_Sardegna_bizantina#Sotto_Giustiniano_(533-565)
    oh, nice, we had a great history!
    https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_di_San_Saturnino That is on my city. if was not for covid pandemia i should get a look, maybe visit it can trigger some ancient memory.
    thanks man! nice suggest! :)

Jim78 likes this.
  14. The Traveler

i read now about che greek church architectonic style that you've seen. that is not surprising: south italy was an outpost of ancient greek civilization.
    greek influences into architectures should affect also the building of medieval age, also cause there was also on south italy byzantine empire.
    byzantire, at the end, was a medieval greek empire

Cyrus likes this.
  15. Cyrus

Cyrus Senior Registered

There is also a thin layer of Aragonian-Catalonian (Aragon+Catalonia - Nort-Eastern corner of modern Spain) influence in Taranto.

E.g., the famous "Castello Aragonese" (Aragonian Castle) at the entrance of Taranto.

And the famous Spanish sauce "escabeche" which in the South Italy is called, I was said, "scappaccio".

To say nothing of a sexual practice like (sorry) "la spagnola", of course.

16. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

For me, it' really old school stuff like Gilbert and Sullivan. That would have been the popular music at the time of my previous past life.

I played piano in my life now and my previous one. I took piano lessons for a while (in this life) and one of the songs I had to learn to play was Molly Malone. I drove my teacher nuts because I played it with such a swing, when she wanted me to play it strictly with the tick tock of the metronome. She was always so frustrated with it, she was convinced I had heard my grandmother or someone else play it when I was a child.

It was one of those funny things that I remembered years later and decided to research, because I thought it may be a clue to something from my past life. It turns out Molly Malone was released in the late 1800's, right before I was born, in 1906. So no doubt, it was still in the popular culture when I was growing up. And turns out that the song is not the staccato piano staple it is these days, it's was a raucous bar song with a heavy swing, just the way I played it!

17. The Traveler

Nice! Gilbert and Sullivan! I love to read PL stories also for anthropoligical and historical purpouse. is wonderful to know how lived our ancestors.
    @Cyrus yes, i see. is very byzantine the aragonian castle.
    Now i understand that byzantine life will be a life into orange-yellow rock labyrinth tunnels with primitive cathedral and domed rooms.
    mmm, not exactly a paradise.
    however, most that castles and hagia sophia, i am curious to know about how was byzantine houses and mansions? how was the rooms?
    how was the fornitures? the tables. the chairs? someone can give me an insight?

18. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Two versions of an old French song. The Joan Baez version moves me, but the Poeme Harmonique transports me backwards in time, and has another section of the melody.