What stops us from leaving our body..

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kristopher, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

When someone may have lost the will to live, for example?

I know that suicide and such are options to force our soul to leave the physical body but why can't the soul just simply exit the body if someone no longer wants to physically live?

I've been thinking maybe the brain somehow traps our souls energy and death or near death is the only time with connection is split.

2. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I seem to recall either hearing or reading a comment that our souls have chosen when we leave our bodies. That there is value on "the other side" to living with the difficulty of anything which seems dramatically inhumane from our earth-bound form of thinking. I have come to the conclusion that my soul, with my guidance, is driving this bus and I am to enjoy the ride, take pictures, interact with fellow travelers, and create whatever drama I wish, but also to respond to the drama created by others, try to make a difference, but if not this time, there will be other opportunities, and all in all, have fun...and if it isn't fun, I'm not doing it the right way. My guidance is a really funny guy!

3. windows2thesoul

windows2thesoul Probationary

I think this is true especially for young infants.

4. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Sylvia Browne believes we have pre-determined "exit points", where we can leave if we choose. I came very close to bleeding to death after childbirth in 1982. (A very painless way to exit, if given a choice.) I was past the point where I could speak, but could clearly hear conversations between my husband and doctor. I heard the doctor say, "I'm not sure she'll make it." I remember thinking "Don't be ridiculous, I have no intention of dying now."I chose not to die, and the entire world as I knew it dissolved shortly afterwards. If life is pre-planned, I guess I thought I had enough courage to see it through. I think people may have the ability to choose to leave this earth. I watched my father and my brother both do it. Neithor was a suicide. In meditation, I think I sometimes go to the other side. Recently, I was given an opportunity to stay there, and was quite tempted. My heart began to beat irregularly, and I realized my work here isn't done. So here I am, writing very rambling posts!

5. usetawuz

And we are enriched as a result of your choice! Ramble away!

There is another thread on this forum discussing exit points which I had been very unfamiliar with. I believe I have used them to great effect on the survivors in my family then, who are surprisingly, or not, around now...one of whom grew up in your neck of the woods! And you're right, bleeding to death is a very peaceful way to go...

6. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

BriarRose I concur with Usetawuz... we are enriched by your presence, ramble all you want. :)

T

7. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Do you know what "Walk-ins" are? Walk-ins are souls who are willing to trade places with someone who wants to give up their body for whatever reason. I know at least one person who claims to have taken over a body of someone who wanted to commit suicide.

8. usetawuz

Hi argonne...just a note...we don't discuss "walk-ins" on this forum. We appreciate everyone's input, thoughts and ideas, but there must be mutual respect and courtesy, and for some reason that topic tends to degenerate quickly. There are apparently several other forums in which this topic is dealt with consistently, and we prefer to leave it to them. Thanks.

9. JLamar

JLamar New Member

I think the will to live may not a conscious thing that's part of our being. I think that part is mechanical instinct, and it's something that exists within the physical body. It's probably something to do with synaptic action that clings to a conscious being contained within the structure of the neuron itself.

The will to live exists in beings that don't even have a nervous system as we know it; even a jellyfish, with no brain and only a rudimentary peripheral nervous system, can will itself to take in food and swim toward the light at certain hours a day because it's hard-wired to stay alive.

In the rare case that someone dies because they have truly lost the will to live, I think it's a matter of the mind poisoning the body. It's known that depression and psychosis effect the physical health of the brain after a while, and become toxic to the body itself. Someone who dies from lack of will probably has reached the logical conclusion of that.