What symbols are you drawn to?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

For me the strongest symbol is the Ankh. I have attached a picture of the necklace my mom gave me for my 60th birthday. It's from Egypt. She went there 20 years ago. It's Egyptian Gold and Lapis lazuli stone. Special because of my memories there in a past life and because it's from Egypt and from my mom.

What are you drawn to and why?

Attached Files:

2. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

The Fibonacci sequence, aka the golden spiral. For some reason I've subconsciously drawn it throughout my entire life. Not entirely sure why though. IMG_3173.PNG

3. Bellona324

Bellona324 Primadonna

[​IMG]

The All-Seeing Eye but I can’t explain the reason either. This probably started from Gravity Falls and then when I do arts and crafts, I would put the All-Seeing Eye somewhere.

4. LinNedwill

LinNedwill New Member

I always liked Celtic patterns. I loved to embroider it in my children's needlework. Celtic tradition encompasses both divine incarnations and animalistic motifs. This was part of their religion, but I do not feel the thrill of these signs. I have several amulets with such symbols and this helps me to avoid an unpleasant fate. Well .. I think so)

Tinkerman and Speedwell like this.
  5. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

I'm not going to add all the WWII Germany related symbols that still affect my feelings, instead, I was trying to think about others. There's a 'y' letter in my real name I liked to shape to look like a trident when I was a teen. I also referred to this symbol by using the nickname "Neptune" at a website. And for the same reason, I always liked the flag of Barbados.

6. Ruby Hanson

Ruby Hanson New Member

7. Shiriya

Shiriya Senior Member

Ever since I was a child, I've always been drawn to the yin-yang symbol. My subconscious knew it was the perfect representation of transcending duality. Another, though I've no connection with the Sanada clan during the Sengoku period, I've seen it pop up a few times during regressions.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim78 likes this.
  8. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

I am very much drawn to the celtic knot, symbolising eternity, renewal and rebirth

upload_2020-7-22_16-12-14.png

Jim78 likes this.
  9. Rod Turner

Rod Turner Member

I, too, have an Ankh from Egypt. I was there in 1991 for Desert Storm and purchased it at the sook (market) in Hurghada. I am not drawn to Egyptian spirituality, though. As I rebuilt my life in 2000-2004 the Goddesses and Gods of North Europe awoke in me, along with a tiny bit of Native American, (No, I do not try to pretend to be Native or steal their culture. I have the tiniest bit of Native blood that attracts me to their spiritual beliefs.) I identify with my Norse and Celtic ancestors, and thus am drawn to the Runes.

SeaAndSky likes this.
  10. Deborah

Hi Rod, I have Cherokee blood. But also a lot of Irish and German. What a mix. I tend to lean toward the American Indian way of life - and have since I was a teen. I love Hawks too but they aren't really a symbol, just a beautiful part of nature.

11. Rod Turner

Rod Turner Member

Native American spirituality has a lot in common with Celtic ideas. And, no, I'm not trying to usurp the Native culture, just making an observation. The East Coast tribes may have had some significant contact with the Celts pre-Columbus. All the Northern Peoples, from Siberia to North Europe to North America revered the Great Bear Mother.

12. Ophelia3

Ophelia3 Senior Registered

Hey Deborah! Is there somewhere I can read about your Egyptian PL? I’d be very interested to read about it! :)

13. Deborah

Ophelia3 likes this.