What symbols are you drawn to?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Deborah, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

For me the strongest symbol is the Ankh. I have attached a picture of the necklace my mom gave me for my 60th birthday. It's from Egypt. She went there 20 years ago. It's Egyptian Gold and Lapis lazuli stone. Special because of my memories there in a past life and because it's from Egypt and from my mom.

What are you drawn to and why?

Attached Files:

Tinkerman, Scavenger and Klaud like this.
  2. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

The Fibonacci sequence, aka the golden spiral. For some reason I've subconsciously drawn it throughout my entire life. Not entirely sure why though. IMG_3173.PNG

Scavenger, tanker and Speedwell like this.
  3. Bellona324

Bellona324 Killer Queen

[​IMG]

The All-Seeing Eye but I can’t explain the reason either. This probably started from Gravity Falls and then when I do arts and crafts, I would put the All-Seeing Eye somewhere.

4. LinNedwill

LinNedwill New Member

I always liked Celtic patterns. I loved to embroider it in my children's needlework. Celtic tradition encompasses both divine incarnations and animalistic motifs. This was part of their religion, but I do not feel the thrill of these signs. I have several amulets with such symbols and this helps me to avoid an unpleasant fate. Well .. I think so)

Tinkerman and Speedwell like this.
  5. Scavenger

Scavenger Senior Member

I'm not going to add all the WWII Germany related symbols that still affect my feelings, instead, I was trying to think about others. There's a 'y' letter in my real name I liked to shape to look like a trident when I was a teen. I also referred to this symbol by using the nickname "Neptune" at a website. And for the same reason, I always liked the flag of Barbados.