What to do when you feel lost?

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by RedSunshine, Jul 4, 2018.

1. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Member

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on what to do when you feel lost? I feel very lost in the world, seems like everything I do seems to backfire and I also lose interest quickly. Maybe it has something to do with my mental health? Any tips would be appreciated please.

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi RedSunshine, sorry I missed this thread. Feeling lost... well, for me daily meditation helps. If you can develop the habit of just twenty minutes everyday I think you'll find, as I did, that the world appears differently. Sometimes being lost is a sign we need to simply look at where we are in a very conscious and deliberate way. Mindfulness is the word used by Buddhist and others to define the current moment in time, the now, and observe it in all its glory, and even in its pain. I often take walks around the ranch in states of mindfulness with my dogs and a cat or two. If you make this small journey with the explicit intent to see every detail of the world around you it will impress upon your mind a sense of understanding, and perhaps an understanding of where you are... where you are physically, but also spiritually. When I am lost it is not physical... it is very much a spiritual symptom. We carry a lot of baggage around in our lives, attachments to moods, emotions, people, objects... love... and all of these things suck the reality of now away from us. It's like being a ship in the fog, we panic at not knowing where we are, but in reality we are right where we stand, and only need to drop the anchor, go silent and listen for the signs around us. I pray you well, and your journey becomes numinous. ~Tman

KenJ likes this.
  3. RedSunshine

RedSunshine Member

I'll try meditation, I also have been thinking of doing yoga to betterhelp me clear my mind off things.

4. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Yoga is a wonderful practice! Great idea. ~T