What to prefer? Selfmeditation or being led?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Li. La., Jan 17, 2019.

1. Li. La.

Li. La. Senior Member

I am not so experienced within this field and would just like to ask what you think gives best results?
    (By led I mean by doctor or someone else hypnotizing you)

Thank you :)

PS - someone who is an expert in self meditation - any advice you would (please) like to share with you?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. LisaR

LisaR Senior Registered

I’ve tried 3 regression sessions with a Brian Weiss-trained therapist, and listened to the Brian Weiss regression on YouTube many times - I prefer YouTube and self regression. Something about having to talk and give replies to the therapist took me out of it. I felt I got better results when I could just experience it. That being said, I also fell asleep a lot while listening to the YouTube audio.

Li. La. likes this.
  3. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

I prefer Self. Not that I have tried going to a hypnotist. I would never do that.

Li. La. likes this.
  4. Klaud

Klaud Senior Member

I prefer self meditation.

No objection to a professional regression, but I've never had any luck being hypnotized. With self meditation I can take as long as I need and it doesn't require me to wear pants.

BenjaminFR, Ritter and Li. La. like this.
  5. Ritter

Ritter Banned by Moderators

That made me laugh. :D

Klaud likes this.
  6. Foram

Foram New Member

I prefer self too. It makes me feel pressurized when someone is helping me. I feel like I have to give results and I don’t want to let him down lol but that is just me. I am sure for some people it can be more helpful.

Li. La. likes this.
  7. landsend

landsend Senior Registered

Self guided unless the person guiding me is my husband. He’s able to deepen my trance more than I can do alone, and I don’t mind telling him to shut up... so yes, either someone trusted or alone. I tried with a stranger and it felt like an invasion of privacy, a skin crawling feeling that did not feel like my usual memories of Terry at all. But then I think it depends on the skill and presence of the hypnotist.

KenJ likes this.
  8. glia21

glia21 Senior Registered

Me too, self guided was way more successfull. The only time I was at a regressionists place - almost 15 years ago - it felt like I had to make something up in order to not let her down or let myself down - thinking about the waste of money and time. Probably real hypnosis would have been more successful? I don't know.