What/Who Do You Hate Because of PL(s)?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by SeaAndSky, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Anna H.

Anna H. Anna H.

This is going to sound odd, but I hate pretty much everyone in 16th to mid-17th century Europe. People in other parts of the world were probably okay, and I don't feel any special way about them, but Europeans? Eww! If I had to describe them in a sentence, it would be, "Their minds were as dirty and diseased as their bodies."

Intellectually, I know this is an irrational prejudice, and people can tell me all about the art and science and exploration the time was known for, but emotionally... I have had, for as long as I can remember, a disgust for the people of that time and place. I simply have it stuck in my mind that every one of them was sadistic, revolting, and evil. I don't know where this certainty comes from, but I have to wonder if it was something personal.

2. insearchof_1785

insearchof_1785 insearchof_1785

I really loathe loud sounds. Especially the sound of guns and thunder. The sound of dogs barking also bothers me to an extant. This last bit was something that literally frightened me in one of my past lives.

I hate conflict. I despise it. Yet it happens through life, so it's unavoidable at times. In one life I was consumed by it and had conflict daily with certain people.

The French Revolution (of which I had a past-life in) still haunts me. I still harbor anger and sadness from what happened during that life-time.

Flying terrifies me. I've always disliked it to the point of panicking. Yet I've flown quite a few times. One of my past lives, early-mid 1930's ended violently in a fiery aeroplane crash. I was just six years-old. We hit a chimney.

War is something that I will always dislike. I think everyone dislikes a war happening. Having been through two wars in two separate life-times, I can say I honestly hope no war or military conflict comes where I live. I don't want to go through that again.

Whenever someone tells me I should be an architect or painter I cringe. I literally recoil because in one of my past lives I was both of that. And in that life it went straight to my head. And at best I was a egotistical, lusting, sometimes drunk master of the arts. I say "master of the arts," because back then I was. I do consider myself pretty good at what I do now but I never ever want to become famous in this life. Never. I think in this life, being born into a middle-class family has taught me a lot from my other high-born/well-known past lives before. I'm happier just being me. Being famous is just not what it is cracked up to be. It's a very sad life many lead. I'm just glad I'm not anymore.

Anna H. I completely agree with you. Back in the 16th and 17th centuries of Europe, people were sadistic and evil and disgusting. I should know, I was a sadistic and very disgusting human being. Even if I made great artwork and was scorned by my enemies. I also almost killed my mistress. Today we are the best of friends, which is amazing in itself. But yeah, I totally agree. People in that time were gossipy, two-faced and back-stabbing.

I also to this day dislike Robespierre. The architect of the Reign of Terror. I dislike him very much. It makes sense why but even then I still dislike him.

Thanks for posting this thread SeaandSky. Really interesting replies and I'm glad someone brought this up.

3. Sahtori

Sahtori New Member

I hate triggered memories - when I am walking through the streets and I see someone shouting at their child. I can see how my children were killed ...

It's triggered and I take medicine for it to keep them behind but they come anyway. I have no children in this life and I made a wise decision to keep it like this.

4. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sahtori

Feel free to start a thread to talk about all this if you want. A lot of people find it helps. People on the forum are very good at listening, understanding, and helping with things like this.

5. tanguerra

Ah, yes. Probably something personal I'd say! Could be you were in some kind of colonial invasion experience? In China or the Americas or similar? Do you have any clues?

6. Indian

Indian Senior Registered

Not much related, but I was reminded of this comics comparing Columbus' colonial cruelties to the good deeds of Bartolome de las Casas:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/columbus_day

7. Anna H.

Anna H. Anna H.

Can't remember anything like that, but I have a lot of anger at Spanish authorities of the time, especially the Inquisition. As a child, even, I was terrified of them and irrationally angry at Ferdinand and Isabella. Weird, no?

Several years ago I read about some of the people who were turned in to the Inquisition on suspicion of being Jewish. Yeah, they were so crazy, they considered that a crime. One woman's neighbors suspected her because instead of working on Saturdays, she read books. Also she bathed regularly, which by the standards of the time, was weird. A man who had converted to Christianity was jailed and tortured because some crackers in his backpack looked suspiciously like matzos. Officials screwed with this poor guy's head until he actually believed that he was being punished for abusing his children.

So, that shows how hysterical people of the time were, and how quickly and willingly they took their hysteria out on others. I could go on, but that's enough ranting for today. :D

8. tanguerra

The Spanish 'Inquisition' was literally an 'inquisition' into heresy. It was a strange time of very fervent, fundamentalism (known by them of course as 'piety') in the Catholic Church. This was quite possibly in response to the Muslim Empire's incursions right into Spain and to the doorstep of Europe, after the crusades, when they not only drove the Christians out of the middle east, but followed them to Europe. Sounds a bit familiar eh? History has a way of repeating itself. Anyway...

Spain expelled all the Jewish people about this time, 1492, under Ferdinand and Isabella, declaring Spain was for Catholics only. Only those who converted were allowed to stay. But, there were strong (probably well founded) suspicions that the Jews had only pretended to convert and were still practising their religion in secret. So that's what that would have all been about.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/expulsion.html