• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What will your next life be?

I hope my next life is exactly like this one I've got now. For all its ups and downs, it's been a helluva ride so far. Living in barrios, no real settled home, just an endless stream of rentals that we never stayed more than a year or two in, and yet somehow this path, which was dotted with oases of pure joy, has led to the place I'm at now, which is with a guy who has made all the crap worth every tear shed, every drop of blood, every punch thrown and taken, every lonely mile rolled in the years leading up to our meeting at the hands of an earthquake. If I had to go through that to get to this, GOOD DEAL! :thumbsup:

Shiftkitty, your post made me smile! So wonderful! :)

I haven't actually really considered future lives, but when I think about it, I've had 'flashes' that I have not been able to place within my past life 'time line'. It made me consider simultaneous lives, but I suppose they could be from the future.

There are two flashes in particular. Nothing significant and they came to me exactly as 'normal' PL memories do. One is a pull towards the Middle East. I saw a rather worn down apartment building, every apartment had a balcony with a parabolic antenna and there was lots of electric wiring and laundry, quite messy actually. I got a strong feeling that it was Egypt, but it puzzled me, because the 'flash' was obviously modern and I've never felt any specific pull toward Egypt anyway.

The other 'flash' was taking place in a European city. My initial thought was that it was Brussels. I do have a strong connection with the Netherlands, not so much with Belgium, but I feel instinctively at home when I'm there and I pick up Dutch really quickly. My brother (who lives in the Netherlands) often gets a little surprised when we're out in town and I start speaking Dutch with people or tell him he doesn't need to translate a conversation. Anyway, in this flash I was a woman in her 30's, well-dressed (looking like I was in a well-paid job) hurrying down a street to catch a tram. This flash was also distinctly modern and I'm a bit clueless as to the interpretation.

I have no idea whether these flashes are from future lives or whether they're just my imagination. They felt like PL flashes do, but are in a far too modern setting to be mine (I was born in 1984). So, I don't know...maybe? : angel

What will your next life be ?

Kristopher :) said:
Have you ever thought about what type of life you would want to incarnate into next? what challenges you want to face? and if you would want to be male/female? We are here to learn and then pick what path we feel will be good for our next incarnation, so why not do it now :laugh:.
In this book Dr. Brian Weiss gets into the idea of future life PROgression where he claims to be able to allow people to see their possible futures of which there is more than one.

Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy by Brian Weiss (Aug 30, 2005)

Based on what Weiss' clients have said he has come up with what he thinks the world will be like in the future. It's hard to know how accurate those statements are but it can be interesting to hear what people said.

The rules on this forum are strict so I don't know if Weiss' statements will fall into the area of prophecies. But you may find the book interesting.

That book contains some of the most interesting past life memories I have ever read.

This guy remembered being a priest in very ancient Egypt and he said they used 'energy rods' which generated both light and sound to stimulate the body's regenerative powers. They could for example cause the human body to regenerate an arm that had been lost in warfare. These arcane healing arts were practiced in the utmost secrecy in hidden chambers in the temples.

That's a re-occurring theme in legends about Egypt. There was great knowledge that was kept secret from the general population.

Medical science today is slowly beginning to unravel the secrets of how the human body can recreate itself. This is the new frontier in medicine. Rather than doing organ transplants it is possible to cause the body to regrow internal organs and other body parts.

There was a segment on the CBS Evening News awhile ago where this guy accidentally chopped off the top of his finger. They put the 'magic powder' on the finger and it completely grew back in a few short weeks with no scarring or any indication of the injury. The magic powder is made from pig bladders.

The military is funding research in this area to try to deal with the horrific injuries that have been occurring in the Middle East.

Another guy in that book remembered being a scientist on Atlantis. He recalled how the buildings appeared to be made of glass and he said they were using science for evil purposes. Then in a later life he said he got the rack treatment during the Inquisition.

It's hard to know how much of this is true. I tend to believe it though.

Sunniva said:
Shiftkitty, your post made me smile! So wonderful! :)
I haven't actually really considered future lives, but when I think about it, I've had 'flashes' that I have not been able to place within my past life 'time line'. It made me consider simultaneous lives, but I suppose they could be from the future.

There are two flashes in particular. Nothing significant and they came to me exactly as 'normal' PL memories do. One is a pull towards the Middle East. I saw a rather worn down apartment building, every apartment had a balcony with a parabolic antenna and there was lots of electric wiring and laundry, quite messy actually. I got a strong feeling that it was Egypt, but it puzzled me, because the 'flash' was obviously modern and I've never felt any specific pull toward Egypt anyway.

The other 'flash' was taking place in a European city. My initial thought was that it was Brussels. I do have a strong connection with the Netherlands, not so much with Belgium, but I feel instinctively at home when I'm there and I pick up Dutch really quickly. My brother (who lives in the Netherlands) often gets a little surprised when we're out in town and I start speaking Dutch with people or tell him he doesn't need to translate a conversation. Anyway, in this flash I was a woman in her 30's, well-dressed (looking like I was in a well-paid job) hurrying down a street to catch a tram. This flash was also distinctly modern and I'm a bit clueless as to the interpretation.

I have no idea whether these flashes are from future lives or whether they're just my imagination. They felt like PL flashes do, but are in a far too modern setting to be mine (I was born in 1984). So, I don't know...maybe? : angel
Glad I could bring a smile to you!

I've also experienced what some might call "simultaneous lives". I have kicked around the idea that everyone operates on their own wavelength, similar to a radio. Sometimes, when you're out in the middle of nowhere, your radio can get two stations to overlap depending on the radio signals, if they hit the same frequency. Suppose people do the same thing? Every now and then you find yourself on the same frequency as someone else and their "station" bleeds over into yours. They may experience the same thing, but we'll never know unless we can contact them.

That might be how telepathy works. Some people learn how to adjust their antennae to pick up someone else's frequency and tune in. My father and I used to practice on each other and we were pretty in tune, but I haven't been as successful with other people.

Shiftkitty said:
I hope my next life is exactly like this one I've got now. For all its ups and downs, it's been a helluva ride so far. Living in barrios, no real settled home, just an endless stream of rentals that we never stayed more than a year or two in, and yet somehow this path, which was dotted with oases of pure joy, has led to the place I'm at now, which is with a guy who has made all the crap worth every tear shed, every drop of blood, every punch thrown and taken, every lonely mile rolled in the years leading up to our meeting at the hands of an earthquake. If I had to go through that to get to this, GOOD DEAL! :thumbsup:
You made me smile, whenever hi is, I think he loved his life, even if it was that hard.

I've thought long about this one and I'm not sure at this point, because things might change on the "Other Side" with my different perspective over there, so my decision then is based on only speculation over here.

With all that said, I think I would like a quiet and simple life next time, possibly again as a male (I think my preference in my total number of lives is to live as a male), but with world events the way they are, I don't think a quiet life is going to be possible anymore.

I think the "quiet times" are over with for a while (if not forever) as things become more complicated in our lives nowadays, perhaps this Earth needs a natural event so it allows us to slow down before a man made event kills us all!

After spending most of this lifetime in the willing service to others, perhaps I have "earned" a well deserved rest!

I was wondering about that also becuase I dont know if we would have a different way of thinking once we have crossed over. I believe that we all get as much rest as we need after any life time, good or bad, but I think people who have a good report for the life just finished are possibly allowed to plan their own, easy, peaceful life next. I just wonder if we ever bring karma on ourselves without even knowing it :(

I was wondering about that also becuase I dont know if we would have a different way of thinking once we have crossed over.
Yep, your earthly human way of thinking will be gone on the other side.

I thought about the karma part also, perhaps in my past life as a RAF fighter pilot in WWII, I delighted in killing people and I had absolutely NO genuine remorse or regrets for doing so, so in this lifetime I spent most of it saving lives in one way or another (not bragging), but it bears thinking about.

Any thoughts on this line of thinking? :)

but I think people who have a good report for the life just finished are possibly allowed to plan their own, easy, peaceful life next.
What do you base this assertion on?

Personally Hydrolad, do think that in future there will be many opportunities for 'quiet times' also. Do think it is a matter of choice in life when it comes to the 'quiet times' so to speak. There are many people who I think, desire the fast paced hecticness of this modern society. And then there are also the abundant empty and wild places on this planet in which I have seen also. So do personally believe that the amount in one's life of either experiencing the quietness or having a hectic complicated life in this modern world is so much a matter of choice. Just my two cents worth.

Sadly, I rather think the opportunity for "quiet times" are long and gone, but there is always wishful thinking, perhaps my desire for quiet times is based on my desire to have a peaceful and quiet sleep in this life now that I'm retired! ;)

I once went to a seminar run by Dr. Brian Weiss. He had us doing many things but did walk us into the future as well as the past. We had three doors for the future; 100 years, 500 years and 1000 years.

100 years: I walked out onto a vast plain with mountains in the distance. No clue where it was or what gender I was.

500 years: no life apparently planed but I did get a "satellite" view of North America. Lots of coast line changes.

1000 years: got a view of a middle aged man with a beard and a "beer belly." No location..

What will your next life be?

Weiss has seminars that just last for a weekend and then some that last for 5 days. At least he did when I attended them. I thought the ones I attended were very interesting and worth the money.

When you say a satellite view you mean you saw North America from the air ?

What did you see about North America where the coast looked different than today ?

How do you know you don't have any life planned 500 years from now ?

Just be careful about violating the forum rules. Prophecy is one of the banned subjects. I don't want to be the cause of getting us both kicked off the forum.

That 'door' meditation is used quite often I think. I sometimes imagine walking down a vast hallway with doors on both sides spanning as far as the eye can see in both directions. Each door should open into a past or future life vision.

But like with the TV whenever I try to open a door someone prevents me from trying to do this.

My horoscope one day said that these people I see in my visions are products of my own psyche. They are real though in the sense that they are manifestations of real people that I have strong spiritual bonds with going back to the beginning of time I guess. The memories of these individuals are very real and based on real events.

Whether these are just visions or are alive in some way independently from my mind I don't know.

I liked Weiss' seminar but I'm not great on making friends with strangers so I had a hard time finding someone to experiment with for the past life sessions. Fortunately this strange girl befriended me and we worked together.

I have never been able to see any past life memories in my mind.

However for me sometimes watching my real TV is like a past life memory. I don't need the one in my mind as it turns out.

Green26 said:
Yep, your earthly human way of thinking will be gone on the other side.
So then who we are today isnt really who we are. When we die, only part of who we are really lives on?

Death is the end of the id/ego. Much of our behaviour and memories that drive us towards good and/or evil are based on the circumstances in our current life.

I had a dream a week ago that left a very distinct image with me. Of course the thematic imagery was surely a result of the intense storms and tornadoes that went through here. But I was standing at a distance observing this statue like image of a tornado. The vortex was narrow at the bottom and much larger as it spiraled upward into the sky. As I approached it I saw that what appeared to be faces, two distinct ones, but they all seemed to be the same. These faces actually made up the vortex, that at a distance, simply appeared to be one dark entity. The closer I got the more I realized that this single massive twister was thousands of faces.

What I take from that imagery relates to what I've just read from a couple of the previous posters. I believe we as individuals are the physical manifestation of a soul... a cosmic tornado if you will (not necessarily violent but alive, resilient, complex, twisting...) and this incarnation, or appearance of the soul in mortal form appears to be a single entity... you, me. But as we discover reincarnation we are walking closer and closer to the storm of life and we can see that instead of being one simmering organism, we are a gathering of many lives...memories...people... YET ONE. As we pass on and enter other lives we are still the same storm but a different face. Some of us are fortunate to be able to see remnants of these past lives. But all of those remnants ARE who we are now. Does that make sense? I'm not separate from the pioneer man that lived 110 years ago... we are one soul, but conscious today in the life of "a different face." His heartaches, joys, tribulations are residual in me... as are all of the lives I have journeyed through.

Well I best git to chores. Have a great day!

Tinkerman

So then who we are today isnt really who we are. When we die, only part of who we are really lives on?
You will be who you are but you will have a heightened level of awareness. You will be more of who you are. Who you are today is only part of who you are. As you awaken and become more aware you get closer and closer to realizing your highest Self.

Truthseeker said:
You will be who you are but you will have a heightened level of awareness. You will be more of who you are. Who you are today is only part of who you are. As you awaken and become more aware you get closer and closer to realizing your highest Self.
So do you think that we would still be interested in incarnating into a life that we have 'planned' in our current incarnation, or do you think that with our heightened awareness we may think otherwise?

I honestly don't know. I would think that if we have a desire for something, that desire comes with good reason, and that desire would not be extiguished on the 'other side'. I've had feelings of what I would like to experience in my next life. If I will still feel that way once I pass from this life, I don't know. My belief is that I will.

I agree. I think here on earth we may plan the basics of our next incarnation. In the spirit worlds I think we plan more of the type of events that will unfold in that life. Im sure our guides will also bring up the ideas that we had during incarnation to see if we still feel that we want to go down that root in our next life.

When I die and I found out that I planned this current life of mine, I am going to punch myself so hard that my next incarnation will have a serious bruise because of it.

On the contrary, I expect you'll be absolutely and gloriously relieved it is over and feel a dramatic sense of satisfaction for having endured an extremely difficult experience with love and grace. All those who greet you upon your return will fill you with love and appreciation and wonder for the achievement. As for the bruise...well you'd have to inflict the wound pre-mortem, and before you die you won't know for certain you planned it all!

I am just hoping I get to stick to being a biological female next time around. One lifetime being transgender is enough for me thankyouverymuch. I also hope I stay in Europe. However, I am thinking that I might try belonging to a minority group such as a non-caucasian ethnicity and considering how white Europe is it might be a challenge.

Well, Europe isn't as white anymore as one likes to think, at least countries like Germany, France and the UK aren't. Lots of people there from non-European origin. :) But I get what you're saying.

As a trans woman myself, I also like to be female in my next life. I also would like to be born to parents with a more progressive view of childraising like extended breastfeeding, self-weaning, co-sleeping and unschooling because not only do I believe in those things myself but my parents haven't done that with me. I explain more of the circumstances in my very first thread here (Will my unfulfilled wishes and desires in this life influence my choice for a next life? | Reincarnation Forum). I also feel that I could be the girl of a lesbian couple, one of them carrying me through artificially induced pregnancy.

What will your next life be ?

In this book Dr. Brian Weiss gets into the idea of future life PROgression where he claims to be able to allow people to see their possible futures of which there is more than one.

Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy by Brian Weiss (Aug 30, 2005)

Based on what Weiss' clients have said he has come up with what he thinks the world will be like in the future. It's hard to know how accurate those statements are but it can be interesting to hear what people said.

The rules on this forum are strict so I don't know if Weiss' statements will fall into the area of prophecies. But you may find the book interesting.

That book contains some of the most interesting past life memories I have ever read.

This guy remembered being a priest in very ancient Egypt and he said they used 'energy rods' which generated both light and sound to stimulate the body's regenerative powers. They could for example cause the human body to regenerate an arm that had been lost in warfare. These arcane healing arts were practiced in the utmost secrecy in hidden chambers in the temples.

That's a re-occurring theme in legends about Egypt. There was great knowledge that was kept secret from the general population.

Medical science today is slowly beginning to unravel the secrets of how the human body can recreate itself. This is the new frontier in medicine. Rather than doing organ transplants it is possible to cause the body to regrow internal organs and other body parts.

There was a segment on the CBS Evening News awhile ago where this guy accidentally chopped off the top of his finger. They put the 'magic powder' on the finger and it completely grew back in a few short weeks with no scarring or any indication of the injury. The magic powder is made from pig bladders.

The military is funding research in this area to try to deal with the horrific injuries that have been occurring in the Middle East.

Another guy in that book remembered being a scientist on Atlantis. He recalled how the buildings appeared to be made of glass and he said they were using science for evil purposes. Then in a later life he said he got the rack treatment during the Inquisition.

It's hard to know how much of this is true. I tend to believe it though.

what kind of evil purposes? Like how do you use SCIENCE for evil?

I want to re-start my PL from the moment it was forcibly terminated.

I believe I have a right to it.

Back