• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What Would You Do?

BriarRose

Senior Registered
Do you remember the Biblical story about Jehovah speaking to Moses from a burning bush? What would you do if this happened to you? Walk on by, check under it for a tape recorder, or undergo voluntary psychiatric evaluation? Would you answer? Just to be clear, I have not experienced this! :rolleyes: My daughter would check for a tape recorder, but she thinks I would just say "Hello, Father. What did you want to tell me?" This brings up the question of people who are "outside the box" from a spiritual perspective. Some of us are outside it now. Others may have experienced past lives as prophets, or religious visionaries, or leaders. Where does the line between schizophrenia, and spiritual awakening lie? Which brings us back to my original question - what would you do?

For the record, I've had an odd experience along these lines (two actually!), but in neither case did the plant in question claim to be anything other than a plant!

The first time I was just walking to work when, on looking at a shrub I pass every day, it felt like the shrub was looking at me, I was the shrub, the shrub was me, we were all connected and looking at each other, but the shrub was looking at me in a way that made me feel like I was facing the God-Universe. We didn't say anything, just acknowledged each others presence and the deep connectivity of all things.

The second time I was walking in the wood with some friends and their dog. There were two paths, and up one a single fern-frond in a whole bank of ferns was waving around all on its own. We went to investigate, thinking it was caught in a breeze, but was we got to it, realised there was no breeze for it to catch, so we decided in a light-hearted way that it must be waving to us, so we waved back and said hello, good morning, at which the fern stopped waving around. We thought it maybe just wanted to say hello :)

OK, so it doesn't quite answer your question Briar, and these were definately plants, rather than 'god' communicating via plants, but each time I kind of took it in my stride. If, on the other hand, the plants had started talking, I'd probably check for tape recorders, and failing that, seek out the nearest health-centre to get my head examined!

BriarRose said:
Where does the line between schizophrenia, and spiritual awakening lie? Which brings us back to my original question - what would you do?
This is the $64 question. When people have thoughts that seem to be "voices" in their head, the scientific rationalists automatically assume they have mental problems. I would probably look for a tape recorder first.

I don't actually mean voices in your head - we all know those are suspect. I am naive enough, and faith-filled enough, to believe that the voice that Moses heard was: angel audible.

Helz, your plant experiences are "way" cool. I've always been intrigued by the Findhorn experiments, although I suppose a discussion of those belongs in the paranormal section. I have read that plants can sense your intention. So, if I start watering in my dry, hot, California climate, I always make sure everyone gets a drink.

I guess that I would check for a tape recorder first, and be disappointed if there was one. I think that, should the Divine decide to communicate "old school", the offer of a chat would be withdrawn if we questioned the gift.

I tend to just roll with weird experiences. I'd probably say "Okay, what do you want?" Then listen, hope I remembered it and walk on. What happened after that would depend on how I felt on the inside. I've had some experiences that were mostly forgotten within days. Others have shaken me to my very soul. I think if it really was God talking, you'd know it in the pit of your gut.

BriarRose said:
Where does the line between schizophrenia, and spiritual awakening lie? Which brings us back to my original question - what would you do?
I grew up with this. One day, I was running around the corner of my grandparents house. They had a big shrub on the side of the house and I was stopped in my tracks when I saw what 'appeared' to be a fire coming up from the middle of the shrub. It happened very quickly - but to describe the fullness of it - takes some doing. When every I encountered the 'divine' while awake and walking around - there is a pattern. The first thing that hits you like a ton of bricks is 'fear.' I don't know how to describe this fear - because it is not the normal type of fear. If I would have came around the house and saw a big brown bear - this would have been a different type of fear. It doesn't last but a few seconds - and then you hear a 'tone' that sort of sounds like chimes. This tone 'echoes' from above to the depth of your very inner soul - and you know (without a doubt) that you just heard the unpronounceable and un-utterable sound that is associated with the name of the Creator. All fear disappears in an instant and eternal love fills every pore of your body and mind. It leaves you in a total state of 'awe.'

I was around 9 years old when this happened - so - I didn't have a wide range of vocabulary to try and describe what I experienced. In my case - an 'angelical messenger' appeared in the midst of the 'glowing light' (which radiated like a fire in appearance) and I was given a 'message' I was to pass on to my Grandfather. I was instructed by this 'divine being' to repeat certain words to him so he would grasp the meaning of the message and where it came from. I was told specifically to say, "Tell your Grandfather - this comes to him in God's name. This is something his mind will understand." I didn't understand what that meant at that age.

I feel the line is drawn by 'perception.' Not so much your own - as much as it is in the perception of others when you try and share such a tale with them. My Grandfather was able to grasp what was told to him, (even though he didn't like it all that much) but - if I would have told anyone else about it - then they would have looked at me 'funny.' I knew what I knew and I knew what I experienced. No one could take that away from me - but - others who only had to go by my testimony would be caught up in their own 'doubts' and 'disbelief' due to their limited perception of my words alone. I learned to fashion my words to add to the experience for others, rather than take away from it.

When I was a young adult and this sort of thing happened to me, I was totally aware and conscious enough - to have respect for the 'disbelief' and 'doubts' of others. Instead of 'direct' testimony - I would opt for the 'in-direct' method in parables. Instead of saying 'angel' - I would say "talking bird." (You know.....they both have wings supposedly.) I would tell someone what message I was supposed to pass on and when they asked, "How did you know that?" - I would tell them, "A talking bird landed on my shoulder and whispered that secret into my ear." Then, I would wink and point my finger up.

Of course, I didn't see an actual talking bird - and it wouldn't have landed on my shoulder (as much as it was through a 'fiery divine light) - but generally, the person would get the jest of my meaning and fill in the blanks for themselves. Generally, they were feeling that sense of 'awe' by the limited words I would share with them - that only God would know what needed to be said. (Sometimes, less was more.)

My experience tells me that if you did encounter an actual 'divine light' in a bush - you would be in 'too much' awe and an instant 'intuition of knowing' would hit you like a ton of bricks (once that chime sounded within) to know better than to look for a 'tape recorder' - if it was the real deal.

Sincerely,

DKing

BriarRose said:
I am naive enough, and faith-filled enough, to believe that the voice that Moses heard was: angel audible.
I think it could have been a telepathic communication. Maybe even from ET's.

Me, Myself and I...

dking777...Your story touched my heart, thank-you for sharing.

BriarRose...to answer your question...It would have depended on which part of my life I would have been in as to how I may have reacted.

As a small child, it may have been "Normal". As a teenager, probably "Scary". After giving birth (not much scares you after that!!) and seeing the wonder of The One through the creation of a new life, in "Awe"...and now as a spiritual awakend...I would be "Honored". It's funny that some people seem not to draw a line between "being awakend" and "schizophrenia"...when telling my own sister of my experiences, she asked me if I had schizophrenia...I was shocked, not to say the least! It never even crossed my mind that the two may be in the eyes of some, so close together...while for me, they are miles apart! In all my memories, I remain myself, the core of my being is the same...me, myself and I.

Your responses are interesting and beautiful. DKing, I like your definition of perception - whether a person is schizophrenic or not is in the eye of the beholder. I once meant a beautiful young man. He was beautiful in every way - soul, intellect, and body. One day I met him, and we had one of the most intellectually and spiritually satisfying conversations in my experience. The next day, he was so involved in discussion with "unseen beings" that he was unaware that I was there. Now, I would wonder if the "beings" were only unseen to me. Which brings me to your point, Aelfgyva. How we react to the voice of God may relate to our age, and state of spiritual awakening.

Knowing me like I do, I would probably look for a water hose and try and put the fire out, you know: "Put the WET stuff on the HOT stuff" but that's just me!!!

Then my suspicious mind would kick in and I would start looking for a hidden tape player and/or a hidden video camera, lest this was a "Candid Camera" moment.

Then, sooner or later, my logical and analytical mind would try to rationalize what I saw and try to come up with an rational explanation.

One of my pet peeves has been, for as long as I can remember is: When we talk to God, it is called praying, but when God talks to us, we are locked up in the local mental ward, go figure.

However, back to the burning bush, nowadays, the way it's been going lately, nothing would surprise me in the very least, and I would chalk it up as an unknown phenomena. :D

Lol, Hydrolad. Applying water would be a logical response. I think I agree with you - at this point in my life, nothing would surprise me! After all, I saw the god Pan in my garden. That was apparently linked to a PL, and the pieces are just coming together. I am never sorry that I started this journey!

Because we live in a pragmatic world I’m used to looking for pragmatic responses to whatever pops up (not that I haven’t had the odd weird or psychic experience but physical manifestations of fires and voices would suggest there was a worldly reason behind them) (and I’m not falling for the old ‘God has a mission just for me...!’ trick since it too often seems to be followed with '...and He wants me to kill lots of people!') and since this situation is dangerous I’d call 911 on my cell and run to the nearest houses yelling ‘fire!’ I grew up in the country and as a child helped my mother fight grass fires so perhaps that would kick in and I might start beating at the burning bush with my jacket if I had any water to wet it with. As to any voices I’d assume someone was playing tricks on somebody else (not me, because I don’t know anyone who’d bother playing tricks on me) and ignore them.

Later on I would probably make some story or joke about it to entertain friends and family and thereby find some bit of magic, and in my own way, some creativity, in the experience, so it wouldn’t have been completely wasted on me.

Sister Grey, we take "magic" where ever we find it. If the magic is in the telling of the tale, then so be it. That's always been so, forever and a day.

BriarRose said:
The next day, he was so involved in discussion with "unseen beings" that he was unaware that I was there. Now, I would wonder if the "beings" were only unseen to me.
There was a time when I opened up to a small group of friends about my so-called 'gifted sight' or 'mystical experiences.' I was aware of what the 'spirits' refereed to as 'hidden' or 'secret' and understood very well that not all minds had access to the sight and sounds I had coming to me from spirit.

We started having social gatherings and I intentionally started speaking about the 'mystical experiences' very openingly and vividly. My motive was - to find others with like minds. I felt I was going to get rumors started and eventually someone would make their way to me by my reputation for talk about it. I wasn't really trying to convince people of anything as much as I was looking for a 'much needed friend' I could speak to openingly for the sake of my own mind. I was hoping others would help that cause by passing on the word about me.

I have shared with you about a friendship I was eventually led to with a musician in Seattle. There is a video where this friend is swinging on a chandelier alone. There is a story behind that scene.

Back in the 80's one of the guest at a social gathering where I was going on and on about the mystical secrets and encounters with 'invisible beings' took me to the side and gave me a parable. He felt there were three taboos in social gatherings. Sex, politics and religion. He felt I was diving too deep into a religious subject. He equated the three taboo topics to a chandelier that was hanging over the head of any party. He said that everyone in the party would know it was hanging over our heads - and he said everyone had a secret desire to swing from the chandelier but - out of respect for the others - they didn't do it in a crowd because it would make other's green with envy because you were doing something they felt wasn't polite to do in mixed company. So, his advise was to find a close confidant and friend you could open up to in private - and swing like mad together on the chandelier with no one watching. I told Kurt that he was the only one I had every been able to open up to about the taboo subjects - including all the 'invisible spirits' I had dealt with through my years.

I was totally convinced of a 'past life' Kurt's (soul) and my soul had shared and that we were just picking up where the souls had left off. I don't know that Kurt was as convinced of it as I was - because he just said he 'believed it to be so' because there was no better explanation for the 'psychic' bond we had with one another. He said he trusted me to know it enough for the both of us. (His genius and love for music was from a past life experience - devoted to the mystical.)

But for many years - I was convinced that the 'mystical' was best served up in conversation 'one on one' unless it came through a song.

Sincerely,

DKing

BriarRose said:
Where does the line between schizophrenia, and spiritual awakening lie?
There was a time in my early stages as a young adult (back in the early 80's) when most of my experiences were being 'buried' in the unconscious. I had read books about the 'third eye' opening and what some call "Kundalini." Even though I was having 'second sight' experiences - I couldn't walk around with it on my conscious mind. I was being told by 'spiritual guides' at the time - that the weight of the experiences was too heavy for me to carry at the time. I was told there was a reason for this and one day I read a book that outlined the danger in what is now called "Kundalini Syndrome." I was never in charge of my spiritual encounters on a mental level as much as 'spirit' was in charge and control. I had to agree and consent to various things - and the one thing I had to consent to constantly was - to forget the experience and put it into the 'dogpile' of the unconscious after the experience. Back in the 80's - I would only have a 2 or 3 week period before any one experience was wiped clean from my mind. (Sort of a denial.) I was so aware of this that I warned my friends about it. If we had an experience with a 'ghostly encounter' together - in a few weeks - I would forget it ever happened. This shocked my friends because if they tried to talk about it - I wouldn't have any idea what they were talking about. Every thing was 'strung together' and once it was buried - I couldn't pull one experience out without the 'danger' of pulling them all out. This (I was told) could led to the 'kundalini syndrome' or 'negative backlash' that would lead my mental mind astray. (This could just be me - because I had so many experiences in the first 20 years of my life. My life story up to the age of 20 was 'denial.' I was constantly forgetting the spiritual experiences.)

I have not been around many 'schizophrenic' minds other than maybe passing by one on a bus or sidewalk. I am no expert in that field but - I have an opinion that maybe it is related in a spiritual manner to some form of 'kundalini syndrome.' When I look back on my early adult life - this danger was presented to me from 'spirit guides.' I was asked how to avoid it and I was told "Put the Father in charge of your spiritual life." That is where the saying, "Your Father knows your needs better than your desires. Your Father will provide your needs. Your mind will chase after it's own desires. Place greater importance on your needs knowing they are provided for by your Father." I didn't like when the 'spirits' spoke to me like this because it sounded too religious and they knew why I didn't like religion. I felt 'religion' made a stranger out of someone I considered my personal and intimate 'best friend.'

If you asked who I thought was "schizophrenic" back in the early 80's - I would have pointed at the guy standing on the street corner shouting out about the 'world coming to an end' tomorrow. I tried many a time to have an 'intellectual' conversation with those guys about "God' and the message they felt they were ordained to pass on to the world. They would freak me out and I would have stated I felt they needed psychological counselling. If you asked me back then what I felt the difference was between me and them - I would have said - I was in the 'back seat' when it came to spiritual matters. God was the driving force in all things spiritual in my life - and I didn't try and tell God how to run his business. The difference was - I felt those type of people (standing on street corners screeching) were in the 'front seat' trying to run the whole show themselves and I felt their minds felt - they knew God's business better than God knew his business. (It had a lot to do with 'ego.)

Isn't that a part of human nature. We want to be in control of every aspect of our personal lives. (This was the most enduring hardship on myself back then. To trust spirit and God enough to know - they knew better than I did.)

I think the difference (between schizophrenia and spiritual awakening) is in the 'vibe' being projected from an individual when 'testimony' is being given. When I spoke about my experiences with people - they always said they would feel an 'overwhelming' good vibe that kept them glued to my testimony. I think we have all encountered someone who starts talking about something and that 'bad vibe' hits us and makes us want to run in the opposite direction. I don't think it is the words alone that paint the impression on the perception of others. There is an unmistakable vibe that comes into play as well.

Sincerely,

DKing

I think part of the problem lies in the fact that many people want to be in the driver's seat of their own lives, and the lives of everyone else, also. Forget "Let Go and Let God", we don't seem to be able to do that in regard to anything. Letting Guidance take control feels like free-fall without a parachute at first. It's scary, and it's hard.

BriarRose said:
DKing, I like your definition of perception - whether a person is schizophrenic or not is in the eye of the beholder.
Hmm, I think that works one way really. I can not count the times people have asked me if I was on medication after talking to them about 'mystical experiences.' I can recall something someone told me in 1981 that sort of wraps up many experiences in one.

"What you say is crazy. I have never heard something said that is so crazy, yet - I know your not crazy."

We do live in a society that values secularism and humanism, but gratefully - many people hold on to a faith and idea that "God" is involved in human affairs - to some degree or the other. Everyone loves to have their 'heart' touched by a moment where that idea is given hope.

Another experience was with a Police Officer I dealt with in my profession. He felt he knew me. I called him up to report an incident. I knew he was aware through certain detectives that of an 'informal condition' set upon me by the courts. I worked in a convenience store chain and had been robbed in 1978. Instead of working to convict one of the robbers, I worked on the 'robbers' side. I had gotten him an attorney and worked out a plea bargain in his defense. He had apologized to me over the phone after the robbery and asked me to forgive him....so, I did. It was a spiritual thing for me and the courts really didn't understand this - so - a part of the plea bargain was - he and I were not to have any sort of contact with one another for 7 years. They punished him by taking away our friendship. Strange world we live in - but that was the truth of it and certain uniformed officers knew the details.

There were two Detectives who monitored this and checked up on me from time to time to see if we had any contact of any kind, accidental or intentional. My friend and I had ran into one another by accident once and I called the Detectives to report it. That was a condition of his 7 year probation. NO contact with me 'what so- ever.' If we intentionally violated this condition - he was in danger of spending the remainder of the time in prison. So, it was a big deal in my young life.

So - I called this Police officer whom I knew was aware of the condition - but - I was also aware that he was in the dark about something else. I wanted to check on something to verify it. A week prior to that, the two detectives had showed up and told me this friend had died. He had jumped out in front of a car when the driver had a heart attack and lost control of the vehicle. He pushed a small group of school children - waiting for a school bus - to safety and was crushed upon impact. I knew he had died - but - this police officer wasn't aware of it yet. (He was aware of the death of a young man - wasn't aware of his identity yet and the fact it was the one I wasn't supposed to be having contact with.)

I was standing with the officer in my own work uniform and he was writing things down. I told him, "He came to my house in the middle of the night and said he was going to change his name in the future and go by a different birthday." He said something about an 'alias' and I said, "whatever." I knew what I was trying to get at and knew I was sending his mind on a wild goose chase. My friends spirit had came to me and told me about his next incarnation and told me the name and birthday of his new 'persona.' The year was 1981 and when I told the officer "1986" as the birthday of the new alias - he stopped writing and looked at me with that look and said,

"I know your not crazy. I know you too well for that, but do you know how crazy this is. How in the world is your friend going to get away with using an alias with a birthday that means - he isn't even born yet? Explain yourself. You should know how crazy this sounds. I don't think your friend is that stupid and you should have known enough to correct him. Why are you wasting my time with this?"

I then asked him if he was aware that the young friend I was banned from seeing - had died a week prior. He got on the telephone to verify this with the two Detectives. When he came back - he said the detective who knew me - knew me to be very mystical and spiritual. What I was trying to verify was something the spirit of my friend had told me the night before. That a name and birthday is as unique as a fingerprint. The officer agreed with this statement as a professional who knew his trade. I was after that professional confirmation and to make a strong impression on my mind so when I met someone by that name and birth-date in the future - I would have a memory of spending an hour with a police officer talking about it at great length. (At the end of the conversation - he admitted to me that he felt he had shared a very profound and spiritual experience with me and had opened his mind to other possibilities concerning life after death.)

I knew it wasn't normal and that is what made me rational about it. I was the first to admit that not many people walked around talking about 'visits' in the night from a spirit of someone who had died a week before and getting vital information about birth records before they even existed. I also wanted confirmation from law enforcement that I wasn't in violation of the probation rules anymore - if I had direct spiritual contact with my deceased friend. There was God's laws and 'man's laws.' I recall telling the police officer at one point,

"When your working with the mysteries of God - what do you do? Turn you back on God and call God insane? I have learned to shrug my shoulders and go with the flow. God is telling me this is the way it is in God's eyes. Do I allow what the rest of the world thinks about it to make me want to turn my back on it and on God? I don't think so. I am doing the best I can with it with what God has given me to work with."

I know how to 'put God' out front and center (when need be) and point my finger at the 'mysteries' of spirit in a way that doesn't' offend the senses (I feel.)

I was on a bus once and this person was having a 'lively' conversation with 'someone' or 'something' that was totally invisible to the rest of us in that section of the bus. We were each given one another 'glances' trying to make light of the situation we were all involved in - but - I think our perception was all tied together in the fact that we were dealing with a person who was dealing with a mental illness or schizophrenic. Of course, we were dealing with an extreme case who had gone off the 'deep end' - but it makes you wonder if he was dealing with 'deep' and perplexing spiritual themes prior to this descent into 'madness' and 'folly' prior. You know, what was the early warning signs of this sort of spiral into that sort of mental condition.

I say one way - because I don't think you can mistake someone who is truly battling a mental condition such as 'schizophrenia' because of the trauma involved. I feel there is a conflict involved and the trauma is very easily seen and sensed. I feel those who are battling inner conflict - are not going to project 'inner harmony.' So, I think it is easy to confuse the testimony of an enlightening experience with one that hints at psychosis due to ones limited perception - but - I don't think you can confuse schizophrenia with anything other than 'disharmony.' My opinion anyway.

Sincerely,

DKing

Oh, I just wanted to add a 'sidenote' to the 'bandit' who turned into a friend. The reason he had so much remorse was because some sort of 'spark' had ignited between us during the robbery. It was when he finally looked into my eyes. (He had kept his head down during the initial phase of the robbery.) It was spiritual recognition from a 'past life.' He was totally confused by it and didn't know who else to talk to about it - and when he called on the telephone a week later - I was pretty upset with him and told him right out front.

"You fool. Our souls shared a past life together. If you hadn't been ashamed of yourself for what you was doing - you would have seen this a lot sooner than you did and wouldn't have made of fool of yourself like you did."

My 'spiritual perception' was so keen and strong - I had recognized him as a 'past life' association the moment I saw him get out of the car. I was waiting for him to recognize this for himself and that didn't happen until after the robbery had started. He actually asked me to forgive him the night of the robbery but I was aware of a 'standing order' in the police department. They were going to shoot and kill the next robber they caught in the commission of the crime - to send a loud and clear message to the public. When the police did arrive, I sent them on a wild goose chase in the opposite direction of the getaway - in an effort to save his life. I wouldn't have done it if he hadn't admitted his wrong to me that night, apologized and then begged for my forgiveness. I didn't want his death on my conscious and they would have shot and killed him that night.

That is why it led to the special plea bargain. If I was called to testify against him - I was going to testify about the 'secret' standing order to kill a criminal without a trial by jury. There were some in the police department upset with me for that. I felt they were wrong and they were called on it. I told them,

"It is not me that is calling you on it. What are you going to think when you face your maker - knowing - you violated the law intentionally. I am not saving the bandit from your wrath as much as I am sparing you the wrath your going to face when your own judgement comes to you on the other side."

It was a big thing for awhile and I wasn't supposed to talk about it publicly for a set amount of years.

The minute I saw him the night of the robbery - I knew (without a doubt) our souls had a past life association. When I look back on it now - I do see where our encounter wasn't so much for the sake of our selves - as much as it an instrument for the minds of others concerning 'right' and 'wrong.'

Just a sidenote.

Sincerely,

DKing

Je...um? Well I guess that's an English translation so it's okay to say. I am open to religious experiences so I'd gush like "HI! It's so nice to finally hear your voice!!!!" G-d is my favorite celebrity!

I wouldn't believe I was hearing voices. I believe even all my "hallucinations" came from other planes, so I do not think I am crazy, just open.

I would definitely believe it was G-d. I have faith.

BriarRose said:
DKing, I like your definition of perception - whether a person is schizophrenic or not is in the eye of the beholder.
It's not in the eye of the beholder; people with schizophrenia tend to hear voices that tell them people are out to get them specifically and to do horrible things. And they BELIEVE they are coming from outside them.

Oh by the way if "G-d" told me to kill my son I wouldn't do it.

Sarellah said:
Oh by the way if "G-d" told me to kill my son I wouldn't do it.
Of course, it would be hard for me to even image something like this coming from a divine source - but - then again, there is supposedly a biblical story that illustrates this as something that happened in the past. Hard for me to imagine though.

In hindsight of my experience - we are never commanded to do anything that would be against a 'conscious' free will understanding. One experience pops to mind to illustrate the point.

In 1987, I gave up everything to start over in Hawaii. I gave up my job, my home, my life and packed up and landed in Waikiki Beach. I had no plans what so ever - other than to follow after a path I felt the "Spirit" was pointing toward. So, I was standing in the middle of Waikiki and sort of said a prayer or statement toward God,

"Okay, I am here. Now What? What the heck am I here for?"

I wasn't really expecting a direct answer in that moment - but - I got it a 'telepathic' message come to me. I was told,

"Look over your shoulder. See those 3 young men? You are here to befriend them in the name of the Father and for the interest of the hidden truth you seek."

I turned around and saw three young men in the late teens or early 20's. I shook my head and said,

"Absolutely NOT. If you think I am going to walk up to three complete strangers and tell them - hello, God sent me to you - your crazy. Find a way to introduce me to them in a more normal manner - then we can talk about this. Get them to shake my hand so I don't look like a crazy man - talking about God sent me to you."

They looked like 'homeless street thugs.' I had no interest in befriending the likes of them. I couldn't see the sense in it.

Of course, I was homeless at that point. I found a job managing a halfway house for the homeless interestingly enough. I managed two actually, in a very exclusive neighborhood. I was very particular about who I admitted from the network of houses that were operated by the owner. It was designed for those who were trying to get ahead and off the streets. I had to interview my 'clients' and they had to fit a certain profile. I really loved my job and I had a spiritual foundation I was looking for in being in service to the community and helping people in bad situations.

6 months later, I was interviewing a young man and couldn't shake this feeling that we had met before somewhere. He looked so familiar and for a while - I thought it may have been due to a 'past life' association but noting was coming through to validate this. I admitted him and he asked to recommend two of his best friends and said he could personally vouch for them as good guys. I set up the two interviews together and when I saw all three of them at once and was shaking their hands - I broke out laughing. They asked why I was laughing and I promised to tell them another day - after I got to know them all better.

A short time later - I 'died' in front of a small group of witnesses. They were in the small group and the main characters in the drama that went down. There was no doubt in any one's mind that day - that I had died and mysteriously came back to life. That is when the door to spiritual dialogue was opened up and I was able to reach them with in a deep profound way. This, of course, established the fact that I was a very devoted person to my 'spiritual beliefs' and they all knew this. I was willing to 'die' and come back to life - for my beliefs.

A few months later, we were all sitting around playing cards and I was reminded of the day I had first met them on Waikiki. I finally told them the secret of why I had laughed so hard the day I shook their hands. I told them the story and they were all sitting around the table looking at each other with an odd look in their eyes. One of them finally said,

"You expect us to believe that?"

I asked them if we were friends and then said,

"I don't think it really matters if any of you believe me or not. I have accomplished what God said I was to do. Your belief or disbelief in the truth isn't going to change that fact one way or another."

When the 'voice of spirit' comes to a person directly (such as myself) - you know without a doubt it was from the Creator of all souls, past, present and future. The problem with that is - you can't tell anyone with a half a mind and expect them to believe you and know (without a doubt) that it came from the 'Creator" of their soul.

One of my friends said, "Why didn't God tell us that while we were standing on that corner?"

I told him,

"How do you think you found your way to me? He told you what you needed to know in silence without being wise to it."

I felt that for many, 'God' speaks to us in the shadows of our own conscious mind in silence. I told my friends,

"I am the stubborn one. I am like and old mule and God has to shout at me to get me to go the right direction. You guys aren't so stubborn and respond to subtle requests without making a big fuss about it or putting up an argument like I do. When God looks down from heaven and tries to look after you three guys - he probably has a big smile on his face knowing your guys are easy to get along with. God looks down from heaven and knows he is about to work with me and says, Oh no .... not that stubborn mule again. Give me my megaphone so I can break through that boys thick skull and get him to follow after my advise for him."

Sincerely,

DKing

I would at first look around the bush to see if there was someone trying to talk to me or play some kind of trick. If not, and the bush really was talking, I'd listen to what it had to say. At no point would I think I'm crazy though!

There are people who believe the "burning bush" was actually a UFO. Part of me believes that could be true.

Back