What would you want to know when you pass over?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Nightrain, May 16, 2010.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

As I've often read, there is often an earth-bound period after death in which we are allowed to float around and discover things that we've wanted to know all of our lives. If that is so, what would you like to find out? Would you explore the world and find the answers to its mysteries and secrets? Or, would you even care at that point?

I would, first, like to know what life exists beyond of the Earth, and travel there to see what they look like. Then, I would return to find out how and why Stonehenge and the Sphinx were built. I would explore the 7,000 year old Doggerland artifacts that lie submerged in the North Sea and the English Channel. Then, I would peruse the many ancient documents that the Vatican has hidden away. I would want to know who buried the Kensington stone in Minnesota, and whether there were repeated waves of European immigrants to America during the past 10,000 years. I suppose, also, that it would be interesting to find out where Jimmy Hoffa's body is, and who was behind the assassinations of John Kennedy and his brother, Robert.

-Nightrain

2. sellingmysoul

sellingmysoul New Member

I would want to know......absolutely nothing. I'll be happy to die and cross over to whatever waits on the other side.

3. hadley

hadley New Member

I guess I always thought that when you were in the place between one life and another you would know everything. I've always thought of it as the place of 'all knowing' - in an instinctual kind of way. I see that intermission as an opportunity to understand all there is, so that you can make a decision about what your soul needs for the next time around.

Hmmm...now I wonder...

4. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

I have a story about this concerning my NDE trip to the light during my car accident at the age of 18 in 1978. I am old enough to remember the incident when it happened. I was just a child of 3 but the rippled effect could be felt in my household. My Dad called me to the TV to watch Oswald when he departed the jail in Dallas. So - I grew up with this mystery on my mind. I wasn't raised in a religious environment. I didn't have a religious icon to look up to. I looked up to JFK as a man who I admired and respected. When I found myself (in spirit) outside my body after the accident, it took me short time to understand that I was 'dead' to the world. I knew that I was taking a trip to the other side and into the light. It is very hard to express the 'mind expanding' experience.

When I woke up and tried to talk about it - everyone was asking who I saw on the other side.

"Did you see Jesus?"

My attitude was, "who is Jesus?" I had no education of who he was to the world. I knew who JFK was to the world. He was a politician and some people viewed this with superstition. When it comes to such testimony - there is always controversy when trying to speak about it directly on this side. I took to saying, "if it is to be believed," to respect those who walked with a mind of doubt and disbelief. I had no problem knowing what I experienced and who I spent time talking to on the other side. (This was later confirmed for myself when I had a chance telephone conversation with Mrs. Kennedy Onassis in 1980.)

But I did ask who shot him and why. The simple answer I got was,

"Who? Lee Harvey Oswald. Why? Because he was a nutcase."

In this world, people believe what they want to believe. In the world to come - you can ask the one (spirit of a) man who has an invested interested in the matter and get the truth straight from the horses mouth.

Your post reminded me of the time when JFK was a hero to me in my youth and how I came to learn that on the other side, everyone has a chance to shake the hand of their hero's.

DK

5. stardis

stardis Senior Registered

Don't doubt yourself. People bring back a less than accurate memory of the experience. Everything that we hear while in this world is filtered through the human mind.

6. Reisender

Reisender New Member

If you discover all these, you will have to be killed.....again. :D

7. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Nightrain, I'm with Hadley on this one...I think that when the soul crosses back there are no secrets. I tend to believe that the "other side" is a place of complete understanding...at least understanding as we see it on our human level here and now.

BUT! for the sake of really wanting to know, I'd go for those same mysteries and more you quoted!

Tman

8. Florence

Florence Senior Registered

I just always thought you would not really care any longer...you would be going on to greet those who went before you and whatever else happens after that. The only reason I believe my soul would want to linger would be to say good-bye to loved ones.

If you could find out any information ....the only thing that I would like to know would be if President Johnson was involved at all with the death of President John Kennedy...He surely was jealous of him and some say hated him !!

Kennedy had the gift of inspiring people to be a better and more loving person...and to help others in need. I was shattered when he was killed....

9. Nightrain

I have to admit to one of my many failings, which is a dogged determination to investigate some of life's mysteries -- even to the extent that I would equally divide my love for certain people with my curiosity about life. To just die and be immediately thrown into a state of all-knowingness bothers me a great deal, and would leave me feeling that all the painful ignorance during life was experienced for nothing.

I have read many sources that suggest that we continue to learn in the spirit world, which means to me that progress in certain areas make us excellent lawyers, doctors, scientists, philosophers and statesmen. I believe some people are naturally suited to working with animals, for example, and that such people continue in their expertise at least long enough to be great teachers. Then, perhaps, they take on a new interest in, let's say, human medicine? Or mathematics?

I rather prefer existing for a while in a spiritual world that is at least somewhat similar to life. I suppose I'm hopelessly tied to this world, and will have to come back to it numerous more times before I'm no longer curious.

-Nightrain

10. stardis

This is my opinion. I think that you will find yourself where you want to be or maybe where you should be. I really think that our reality beyond this physical life is so malleable to our needs and desires that you will be able to satisfy your curiosity and desire to come back here to accomplish whatever you want to or will be asked to. Interesting thought, isn't it? Our true reality may be to do as we wish, never tiring of the challenge to experience what is unfolding before us.

My desire may be to seek a greater degree of unity with the Source and your desire may be to return as a healer to further the evolution of mankind. Neither desire being more or less noble than the other, just different. We will pursue what we feel compelled to pursue.

Perhaps we will meet at times to compare notes and exchange experiences - you, me, Florence and the other beautiful Beings of Light. And then you, Nightrain, leaving us to once more tilt at windmills - just kidding :) . You would once more find yourself cruising down the highway on two wheels and understanding what it is that keeps drawing you here.

For Beings of an eternal nature, we have forever to explore our existence in an ever unfolding universe. Whoever dreamed up this universe really did a nice job (whoever she is).

11. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

i am reading The Divine Matrix by Greg Braden, which he basically describes as the ultimate energy source. I want to be able to see it, which might be possible while in the death state before passing over.

12. Hannah

Hannah New Member

I want to know:

• Did Lizzie Borden take an axe and... kill her father and stepmother, or was it her uncle?
    • Who committed the Villesca murders?
    • What really happened to the Lindberg baby?

I would also love to be able to stroll down the street in the East End of London circa 1875 or so. I would love to witness the day-to-day life of the ordinary people. There are many time periods and places I'd like to see. Hopefully it will be possible.

I suppose that it's probably possible NOW, if I know how to accomplish it.

13. Mr. Mike

Mr. Mike Active Member

There are so many questions that have driven me crazy in my quest to solve them. There are far too many to list, but here's a few:

• Were there any lost civilizations? How would our world look 50, 100, 1000 years after we're gone?
    • What exactly is Time and Space?
    • How big is the Universe? Is it infinite or are there other Universes? Is it as real as we perceive?
    • How many other planets have intelligent life? I would love the opportunity to be the first to explore a previously undiscovered planet!
    • Does God exist or better yet, what exactly is God?
    • What happens if I learn and discover everything? Seems like a rather boring and pointless existence to me.

Strangely enough, my first task would be to go back 25 years and see if my memories and recollections are really as accurate as I think they are. I would be overwhelmed with excitement to see how much things have changed since I was a little boy.

When most kids I knew were interested in being popular or doing illegal activities, I prefered to stare at the stars and spend hours thinking about these questions. Unfortunately, few people my age were interested in discussing these types of timeless questions.

14. msmir

msmir New Member

You may find out what is behind these mysteries but once you are reincarnated again.. you will forget!! Likely anyway. I just may as well once it's my time to exit float away :)

Mir

15. Nadir batista

Nadir batista New Member

Another opportunity

hi Nightrain

answering your question...I would not know about anything.I wolud like to have my soulmate as a son one more time..because I think that many things were missing for him when I was his mother .Mainly....love.

light

16. katrien

katrien Senior Registered

well my dad was diagnosed with cancer last monday so I try not to think abt it atm.Usually it's something i think alot about, but now that its staring my dad and my family in the face i find i think abt it very differently.I worry if my father is afraid most of all, but i dont ask him.I feel certain that death is impossible,that my father would continue with me biologically,internally and in other ways,but i dont know if he thinks that.I'm glad none of us discusses it as it would probably be so painful.

17. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm sorry to hear about your dad katrien :( I think the best thing that you and your family can do for him is to stay positive, and give him lots of love and light. These days, cancer isn't the automatic death sentence that many people think it is, and I believe that a strong positive attitude from your dad, and those closest to him, can go a long way towards helping him to beat it.

Chris hug2.gif

18. Nightrain

Katrien, please accept my sincere sympathy for your father's unfortunate diagnosis. I am hoping that it is not as dire a prognosis for the sake of your family. I have often thought about the impact such news has on everyone; and knowing how to handle such a situation is far more difficult for family and friends, than it is for oneself. If it weren't for them, I know that I would probably look forward to the journey and transition.

I sincerely believe that everyone would think differently about such a situation, if the right information could be more mainstream in our society. This is not to say that the cancer cannot be beaten; and I sincerely hope that your father has a fighting chance. You and your family might benefit by studying the technique of positive intention. I hope you don't mind, if I suggest googling Lynne McTaggart on The Intention Experiment. There is a lot of good material that would give everyone hope; and would make it possible for everyone to realize that they don't have to feel powerless on the sidelines. We can all become involved in a process, which has been shown to work in many cases.

19. stardis

Hello katrien. I am sorry to hear about your father.

My experience is that after the initial shock passes, it helps to talk about it. Unless your father refuses to discuss it, I would be open to talking to him about his fears, hopes and beliefs.