what's the difference?

Discussion in 'Past Life Regression Therapy' started by RedSunshine, Dec 5, 2017.

1. RedSunshine

RedSunshine New Member

counselor vs psychologist

I'm having a personal crisis at the moment and I just want to make sure that I go to the right person. I read an article online about it but I'm not convinced. If you can please guide me on the right path.

2. KenJ

KenJ Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Having been in that field I can perhaps help. First to distinguish between Counselors, I will assume that you are talking about in the area of psychology rather than sports or course-work.

The three divisions in that area, and it has been a while, but I think is still valid, are psychiatrists, psychologists, and counselors. You have already excluded psychiatrists, who are the one group associated with the Medical field and can write prescriptions. Psychologists are described in the link you provided and the area that I had intended to have a career, but I did not like what I personally found in the field at that time and moved on. As the linked article states, counselors are often less credentialed , but on the other hand they can be less dogmatic in an APA approved "system" of treatments.

OK - not being of help there, sorry, just getting the basics covered. In my experience it amounts to the coming together of the right persons, sure, you need to do your part and do as much research as you can to find out if the person is credible, but after that, it is as much a matter of personalities as anything. Experience helps the person in the "healing arts" as well as the person asking for assistance so both are important. Find someone that is reputable, perhaps at a regional Mental Health center (college, city, county, etc) and find someone you feel comfortable with.

Humblester and Ljbellus like this.
  3. baro-san

baro-san Active Member

4. Humblester

Humblester New Member

Whichever you choose you are comfortable talking and sharing your dilemmas, I am sure they can help you overcome it maybe with different method but same goal.

inhaltslos likes this.