What's the point of envy, jealousy ?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Jaimie, Oct 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

I have experienced different people from my past life to have been envious or jealous. For example the
    envious part existed in my past life family. I had a sibling who demanded more attention while I was comfortable not getting the same amount. This sibling would struggle with being envious and being jealous later in life as well. While I would be happy for my sibling's success and happiness, and be kind to the love in my sibling's life I found that in return my sibling would criticize my own love for reasons that either he or I could understand. Like it was forbidden to just be happy for him if something went his way.

Later in life I was with someone, a man, who was jealous and whom I felt I had failed and tried everything I could because I felt so bad about it all. I so did not want him to feel this way. In the end I realized that I loved him in my own little way, but not in the way that should exist between two people in love. His flame had died out too. By the time we parted we were scarred and tired.

When I have experienced other past lives I see a recurring theme of this envy or jealousy thing that has made me underplay my part.

I don't know what the lesson is in this. All I know is that it created a lot of negativity for no good reason.

Have any one else been given an answer from within or spirit guide what these experiences are suppose to teach us ?

2. KenJ

KenJ Assistant Archivist and Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ahh jealousy, the fire-breathing dragon that causes so much strife, it is a result of insecurity IMO that limits their ability to allow their SO to express love toward others and viewing it as something to fear they are losing something. I am plagued with that and can not get it resolved, I am asked not to talk to some people in my past. I recently tried to contact an old girlfriend I had when I was seven years old because I wanted to thank her for being in my life, but her SO deleted my emails and requests to call me in the name of love for her.

Jaimie likes this.
  3. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Stewardess Ester Ősz Senior Member

I think we all meet the envy and jealousy throughout our life, wether in the different relationships we have, or perhaps in ourselves.

To make a long resonnement very short (cause I think miles of booksheves could be filled with books about this topic), the best thing to do with envious people is to totally cut them out of your life if possible. This is because you will never ever be able to "feed" their envy. You can never give them enough to make them done or satisfied. Envy has a hunger that knows absolutely no limits. No matter how small, thin or grey an envious person is (cause they often are thin and grey), the size of their hunger for you and your life is unimaginable.

But sometimes it is just not possible to get rid of these kind of people, cause they are close relatives or somebody else who you for some reason have to deal with often/sometimes. Then you just have to remember all the time you are with them or speak with them, that their hunger for you, and all what you are and all your posessions is enormous. And never fall for a temptation to enjoy somebodies envy. Never. And also never feel sorry for them. Remember that their envy wants to cause you harm, its very negative for you. And thats the way you should always address it. What ever you say to them, give their envy so totally the finger (or rather say: the total notting, cause you really should litterally not give them one piece of anything). You cannot do anything else. If this is not the way you deal with their envy, these people slowly eat you up alive.

So from evious people you must run as fast as you can. Or if you can't, be at least extreamly aware of them. And also that this wan't stop in a couple of years. Their envy towards you will last as long as they live - till their last breath.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Jaimie likes this.
  4. Jaimie

Jaimie Senior Member

Hi Ken & Stewardess Ester Ösz !

Thanks for writing/responding :) That is sad, about the friendship from 7 years of age. My best friend when I was around that age was a boy too. We were like twins or siblings. Of course it just cant be anything romantic when you meet when you are that young even later in life I think; one still has the connection from childhood, but jealousy don't get that, I suppose. It is frightening how her spouse can make those choices for her in such an active way.

My sibling later got help for the envy, jealousy part, had to mentally struggle with it, think it broke up the marriage even, so it worked like a poison externally and internally.
    I could tell that people would take distance because there was, how you say it -- no giving ? It was more that attitude like the world owned my sibling something. It was terrible because I knew my sibling was a beautiful person, really, if the envy, jealousy part got out of the system.

With the jealous dude I was with in the past life I ended up living very isolated. It was like you describe what ever I gave up, who ever I gave up, what ever I did -- it was never enough. It was sucking me dry. When I later tried to find him, to see if my memories were correct, I remember seeing a photograph of him in a magazine where he stood beside his wife who had quite the cleavage. I remember thinking this can't be. He would not in a 100 years let past life me leave the house in such a dress, not that it was something wrong about the dress, it was beautiful and she was stunning looking in it. But I use this as evidence, in my head, to say that my memories were fake. As it turned out they weren't. To me he must have changed over the years, at least to some degree, which is good I suppose, but I later learned from the wife that he kept other things, like the inability to just be happy for her, supportive, if something went her way.

All the best
    Jaimie

KenJ likes this.
  5. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

I tend to think that we experience such things as jealousy as a way to understand similar emotions in other people. It helps in understanding and compassion towards others, as we are able to put ourselves in their shoes.

I always considered certain emotions to be destructive rather than helpful, but that hasn't stopped me from experiencing them for myself. Perhaps this is just part of what it means to be human. What we choose to do, how we respond, that is something in which we do have choices. Of course it isn't easy, I don't suggest it is, but having the ability to choose (whatever it is we decide) is maybe the more significant angle.

Jaimie and Stewardess Ester Ősz like this.
  6. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Good point.

The problem with evious people in relations is, I think, they rarely choose not to act on their envy. If they would just behave normaly towards you, then there would be no problem. But envious people treat you like garbage, like you have no value or dont mean anything at all: They make an appointment with you, but dont show up. They give you a birthday present, but it turns out to be something useless/of low value. They invite you for dinner, but when you accept and show up they didnt have time to prepare any food or they serve you something trashy/cheap. And so on. Envious people have a thousend ways to show you are big zero in their eyes.

I think we all deserve a better life than what the envious friends/relatives want us to have. Therefor my clear advice to everybody is to get rid of the envious people in their lifes, once and for all. But if one, for some reason, cannot end an evious relationship - be at least very aware all the time why you meet that certain person - that it is not out of friendship or love, but only because you are a well-behaving and civilized person. Never show them your inner self, give them notting of you.

We can choose our own friends, and we can choose not to give any love to these kind of people (wolfs in sheeps clothings) who so want us notting good at all. This is a choice we have.

KenJ likes this.
  7. Speedwell

Speedwell Senior Registered

I don't think I'd put it like that. It doesn't matter to me whether or not someone is (for example) envious. What is significant to me is how they deal with it. I don't think everyone responds in the same way. So perhaps I'd consider whether a person is driven directly by instinct, or whether they are more thoughtful and considerate. I'd also ask myself whether it might be possible to guide them in some way. I've seen children showing emotionally-driven behaviour, but I don't think a parent would then say "I don't love you".

Having said that, some people can be a drain on our energies and there may be no way to do anything except to walk away or limit our involvement with that person

8. Stewardess Ester Ősz

Yes, Speedwell. I suppose I was thinking about an evil kind of envy, more than about the every-day-envy of normal people.

Some people are not normal. Some people are evil, and do unimaginably evil things to others. I can not remember just now, wich quite famous philosopher wrote something like this: Never underestimate the limitlessness of the evil you possibly must face in your lifetime. Maybe it was Hannah Arendt, or maybe it was a protestant theologist. I remember only the statement itself, because its so, so well said and so true.